• Published 2nd Apr 2020
  • 1,069 Views, 6 Comments

Back to the Past - Mister E-Nonymous



Twilight Sparkle, along with her five closest friends, her family, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and two of her Mobian friends accidentally end up back in the past, the time where their Mobian friends originally came from.

  • ...
4
 6
 1,069

Chapter 13: The Monster Out in the Heroes

Chapter 13: The Monster Out in the Heroes


(M.C.'s Point of View)

We finally arrived in the core of the place, looking for Eggman. Twilight and I were ready for a fight that was going to be the fight of our lives in the past. Hopefully, we'll make it out of this intact.

Then a huge door opened in front of us. Twilight and I got into battle positions. Coming in was some steam with the shadows of Sonic and Tails there.

"Oh, thank goodness," said Twilight. "Sonic and Tails are here."

"Hold it," I said. "Something's not right."

Then the figures came out of the steam, and out came Sonic and Tails, but not in their normal looks.

"Holy cow!" said Twilight. "What has happened to them?!"

"Sonic. Tails. Are you both in there?" I asked them

They started roaring at us, and they started hunting us. Twilight grabbed me and started using her wings to get me out of the way.

We headed up to a ledge above them.

"Let's just hope that this Tails doesn't know how to fly," said Twilight.

Sonic howled, and reached for us with a stretchy arm. I grabbed Twilight and jumped out of the way.

"Oh, boy," I said. "Sonic's become a werehog and Tails has become a werefox. Last time Sonic was like this he had total control. I think Eggman put some mind control somewhere on their. It's gonna be hard looking for them because of all that fur."

"I agree," said Twilight. "How are we going to get to find those mind controlling items?"

Then from the side, two arrows came in, with some restraints coming from them, tying up Sonic and Tails. We looked towards where the arrows came from and saw our friends there, and Alex gave a pose that he released some arrows from his bow.

"Just in time, too," said Alex. "Let's help these poor saps."

We all headed for the two were-creatures and searched their fur for any devices.


Alex's Apartment

(Nyx's Point of View)

We were waiting a while for the others to return. Joshua and I were staying with Guard and Flurry Heart, making sure they're okay.

"Hey, Nyx?" Joshua asked.

"Yes, Joshua?" I asked him.

"Have you ever wondered what it's like to have a dad?" Joshua asked.

I then put a finger to my chin and said, "Huh. I guess I never knew. Spell Nexus wasn't really a father figure because he was forcing me to be an evil queen. Even though it wasn't his fault."

"I... I kinda miss having a dad," said Joshua. "My old mommy and daddy cared about me so much. But, ever since I was adopted... I kinda missed having a dad. I wish that I would get the chance to have a dad again."

"Huh," I said. "I've always wondered what it would be like to have a dad. But, I don't think Twilight would want to see anypony. Well, except that one human from the other dimension."

"Yeah," said Joshua. "But I was told that long distance relationships never work out."

"I guess you're right," I said. "But who would want to be our father?"

"I might think of somepony," came aunt Cadance's voice. We looked towards the door and saw aunt Cadance. "Although, he's not really a pony."

"Really?" asked Joshua. "Who?"

"Well," said Cadance. "He's already living with you two, Twilight and Spike. And he's the one who told Joshua's birth parents to send him to Equestria."

"M.C.?" I asked.

"Yes," said Cadance. "I believe that he and your mom might make a good couple. Since, they are both immortal."

"Do you think M.C. and Twilight would be right for each other?" I asked.

"I believe so," said Cadance. She then walked over to Guard and Flurry Heart. "Michael is... extraordinary. He might as well be a good father."

Then Uncle Shining came in and said, "But, he's not really a pony. But do you think he and Twylie will get along?"

"Well," said Cadance, "they do care a lot about the creatures they're protecting. And both of them care about these kids."

"Just like a good father," said Shining. "Well, he is really protective. And he cares about all of us. He's basically like family to us."

Uncle Shining smiled and said, "Yeah, I guess you're right. Let's just hope that they'll be back here."


(M.C.'s Point of View)

The twelve of us got the devices off of Sonic and Tails. It was hard searching for them, but we got them off of them, and Sonic and Tails went back to normal.

"Ah, man," said Sonic. "That was awful."

"Are you guys okay?" asked Twilight.

"We'll be fine," said Tails. "We just... need some rest."

"You guys are in no condition to fight Eggman," said Alex. "You'll be better off recovering in the X-Jet."

I then pulled out my Super Warp Ring, and opened a portal to the X-Jet. Alex and I grabbed Sonic while Twilight and Applejack took Tails, and they led us into the portal. We put Sonic and Tails in some of the seats. Then Alex went over to a section of the X-Jet and pulled out a briefcase, and opened it up. Inside were the Chaos Emeralds. All seven of them.

"Now that's the fire power we need in an emergency," I said.

"But who's gonna be the one to use them?" Twilight asked.

"I'll do it," I said. "I have no idea what will happen, but I'm willing to take that risk."

"Oh, you'll be able to handle it," Alex said to me. "Although, when you change, you're going have a few more changes than Sonic, Shadow, or even Silver have."

"I'll be ready," I said. Then the four of us went back into the portal, leaving Sonic and Tails in the X-Jet. We then headed for the room where Eggman is waiting for us. We then stopped. I then started making a speech. "Whether or not we make it through this, our mission is to get the power source and to get most of us back to the future. We can't afford to lose it. We came here at a team, we'll leave as a team, and go back as friends." I then put in my left fist. The others joined in on the fist bump. "We go all in. Together." I looked over at Twilight. She smiled and nodded at me.

"He's pretty good at this," said Maria.

"Right?" asked Mutt.

"Alex?" asked Twilight. "What's the percentage of victory are we going to get if we go through with this?"

"I see multiple futures whether we go in there," said Alex. "I see about a zero point zero three percent chance of victory. We all go home if we don't second guess ourselves. Just be yourselves. Go all in."

"Are you sure about this?" asked Twilight.

"What if we all fail?" asked Fluttershy.

"Stick to what you're good at," said Alex.

"And we'll be able to win this," I said. "No way we're going to step out of this. We do this together."

I looked at all of them. Some of them were unsure. But then they smiled, and nodded. We all headed into the room where Eggman was at the moment. This was going to be the fight for the future.