• Published 29th Mar 2020
  • 264 Views, 3 Comments

The Alley Outside of 7/11: An Anthology - The Red Parade



A collection of speed writings, discarded and abandoned stories, and other odds and ends. Story details in long description.

  • ...
3
 3
 264

Index

A collection of speed writings, discarded and abandoned stories, and other odds and ends that I either didn't want to or couldn't be bothered to edit/fix.

Chapters:
1. fallin' (Original edition)
Original version of the story fallin'. Fleetfoot reaches an epiphany with help from Spitfire and Soarin.

[Everyone] [MLP: FIM] [Sad, Slice of Life] [Spitfire, Soarin', Fleetfoot]

2. homebound
The first iteration of isohel. Fiddlesticks reflects on the companionship of her best friend on their last day together.

[Everyone] [MLP: FIM] [Slice of Life]
[Daring Do, Fiddlesticks]

3. The End.
A concept chapter for an unfinished work 'The Last Parade.' Fiddlesticks has a horrible nightmare that may foreshadow many things to come.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Slice of Life, Drama, Tragedy] [Fiddlesticks, Braeburn, Apple Fritter, Lightning Dust]

4. Dead!
The second chapter of 'The Last Parade.' Fiddlesticks receives terrible news that will forever change herself and everyone around her. Fiddlesticks, Braeburn, Apple Fritter, Lightning Dust. Everyone/Teen. Slice of life, drama, tragedy.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Slice of Life, Drama, Tragedy] [Fiddlesticks, Braeburn, Apple Fritter, Lightning Dust]

5. Overtime
Writeoff entry with the given theme 'OT.' It placed ninth and is set place in the same universe as Give 'Em Hell, Kid. White Lightning and her partner Midnight Strike respond to a frantic call in the middle of the night.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Alt. Universe] [Adventure, Drama] [White Lightning, Midnight Strike]

6. ?
Concept chapter of a scrapped horror piece. Two ponies hold a tense conversation in a strange ethereal scene.

[Teen] color=#9426af][MLP: FIM] [Thriller, Mystery, Horror] [Other]

7. We're Not Wonderbolts
Flashfic entry with the theme 'A Near Miss.' Received an honorable mention. Cloudkicker, Raindrops, and Blossomforth participate in a high-stakes search and rescue mission. They're only weather ponies, not Wonderbolts.

[Everyone] [MLP: FIM] [Drama, Tragedy] [Cloud Kicker, Blossomforth, Raindrops]

8. face//your fears
Flashfic entry with the theme 'Face Your Fears.' Winner of the month. Vinyl and Octavia love each other, but that doesn't mean they don't have their fears.

[Everyone] [MLP: FIM] [Other] [Octavia, Vinyl Scratch]

9. Quarantine
Quills and Sofas Speedwriting entry with the prompt 'quarantine.' Written in the span of half an hour with the theme 'Quarantine.' First place entry. Bon Bon, in mandatory quarantine and in recovery from a monster attack, writes to Lyra as Twilight works hard to make sure she's okay.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Drama, Tragedy] [Bon Bon, Lyra, Twilight Sparkle, Octavia]

10. sheriff's department (dead on arrival)
First chapter of an abandoned horror concept. After a mysterious death in Appleloosa, Twilight is called to perform the emdical examination.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Horror, Thriller, Mystery] [Twilight, Braeburn, Little Strongheart]

11. sobriety test
Quills and Sofas Speedwriting entry with a playlist of songs as the prompt. Story was based around the song 'Sober Up' by AJR. At an Apple Family reunion, Strawberry Sunrise encounters someone who might need a friend.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Drama, Sad, Slice of Life] [Strawberry Sunrise, Apple Fritter

12. Ghost of You (This Ain't a Party, Get Off the Dance Floor!)
Quills and Sofas Speedwriting entry with the prompt 'Where would we be without you?' The Wonderbolts attend a charity concert hosted by their loved ones.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Tragedy] [Soarin', Fleetfoot, Spitfire, Wonderbolts]

13. can't
Quills and Sofas Panic Round entry with the prompt 'never should have come here.' On the frontlines, Lightning Dust fights for her life.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Drama, Tragedy] [Lightning Dust, Spitfire, Wonderbolts]

14. I'm Not Okay at the O.K. Corral (I Promise)
Quills and Sofas Western Contest entry. Raindrops meets up with Caramel in the west to sort out some business. One of them isn't coming home tonight.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] Alt. Universe [Drama] [Raindrops, Caramel]

15. COCKtail
Quills and Sofas Panic Contest entry for a Rob Panic. Strawberry wanted a cocktail. Twilight was very much against this decision.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Random] [Strawberry Sunrise, Twilight Sparkle]

16. i don't love you
Quills and Sofas Panic Contest entry with the prompt of "please stop talking to me." Second place winner. I don't love you, said the sun to the moon.

[Everyone] [MLP: FIM] [Sad] [Celestia]

17. Party like it's 1890
Quills and Sofas Panic Contest entry for a Rob Panic. Prompt was "a song from the '90s," selected song was "The Stars and Stripes Forever" from 1890. Hey, you never specified which '90s. Vinyl makes a pitch to celestia.

[Teen] [MLP: FIM] [Comedy, Random] [Celestia, Vinyl Scratch]

18. Said the Sea to the Night
Quills and Sofas Panic entry with the prompt of "Where the river meets the sea." First place entry. It's time to let go, but that doesn't mean Lightning's ready to.

[Everyone] [MLP: FIM] [Sad, Tragedy] [Lightning Dust, Fiddlesticks, OC]

19. The Death of Daring Do
Quills and Sofas Panic entry based on a collection of mock candy hearts. Selected prompt was "The End." Second place entry. All things must come to an end. Daring knows this, so why can't Rainbow Dash accept it?

[Everyone] [MLP: FIM] [Sad] [Daring Do, Rainbow Dash]

20. The OO
Quills and Sofas Panic entry based on a collection of mock candy hearts. Selected prompt was "The OO."

The world died yesterday. So how are we still here?

[Teen][MLP: FIM] [Thriller, Mystery] [Twilight Sparkle, Rarity]

21. YOU FUCK
Quills and Sofas joke entry based on a quiz. Selected prompt was "Try me, I dare you." Watch what you say because there will be consequences.

[Teen][MLP: FIM] [Comedy, Random] [Other]

22. Disenchantment
My second and final attempt for the writeoff, written as an original story. Prompt was "to those at the end." I'm running out of time, so listen closely, because I've got a lot to say.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Thriller, Mystery] [Other]

23. death of a dream
150 Flashfic entry for the prompt of "Dream a little dream." Winning entry. Derpy didn't want to be a mailmare.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Sad] [Derpy, Berry Punch]

24. My Chemical Breakfast
Q and S Panic Fiction entry. Prompt was "Bed and/or Breakfast." Cherry Berry is a horrible cook and Strawberry is only so tolerant.

[Teen][MLP: FIM] [Comedy, Random] [Strawberry Sunrise, Cherry Berry]

25. Strawberry Sunrise Eats a Metal Pole
Sequel to My Chemical Breakfast written on a whim. Strawberry is hungry and she's tired of Cherry's cooking.

[Teen][MLP: FIM] [Comedy, Random] [Strawberry Sunrise, Cherry Berry, Twilight Sparkle]

26. I'm Not Superstitious, I'm Just a Little Stitious
Q and S Panic Fiction entry. Prompt was "Superstitions." Daring Do has seen a lot, but she still doesn't have a reason to believe in ghosts. Yet, anyways.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Thriller] [Daring Do, Other]

27. Four Score
Q and S Panic Fiction entry. Prompt was "Fourth Place." Roseluck, Lily, and Daisy dig a hole and bicker.

[Teen][MLP: FIM] [Dark] [Thriller, Horror] [Flower Trio, Roseluck, Lily, Daisy, Twilight Sparkle]

28. Violent Synthetics
Q and S Panic Fiction entry. Prompt was 'synthetics' or 'pause.' Was part of a three-way tie for first. Octavia said she loved her.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Sad] [Vinyl Scratch, Octavia]

29. Fake Your Depth
Weird little thing I did for a writeoff that I can't be bothered to edit. Prompt was 'will friendship be enough?' When life gets hard, Lyra takes a breath, pushes up her mask, and carries on.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Sad, Drama] [Lyra, Bon Bon]

Everyone. Lyra, Bon Bon. Sad, drama.

30. Static
Panic Fiction entry with the prompt "Spicy Radio," first place entry. The Cutie Mark Crusaders find a radio, and there's someone on the other side.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Thriller] [Cutie Mark Crusaders, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle]

31. Some Violent Form of Love
Panic Fiction entry with the prompt "Much to Do." Second place entry. Rarity has a lot to do, but she always has time for a phone call from Twilight.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Sad, Slice of Life] [Rarity, Twilight Sparkle]

32. She's The Prettiest Girl at the Party, and She Can Prove it With a Solid Right Hook

Panic Fiction with the prompt "Ballroom Blitz." First place entry. Twilight and Rarity had a great time at the party. Rarity punched someone. There may be a correlation there.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Slice of Life] [Rarity, Twilight Sparkle]

33. Air and Space

Panic Fiction entry with the prompt "Inspiration." Second place entry. Fluttershy wanders around the pier at night.

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Slice of Life] [Fluttershy]

34. Wings

Panic Fiction entry with the prompt "The Most Improbable Love." First place entry. How do you put into words what you can barely express?

[Everyone][MLP: FIM] [Sad, Slice of Life] [Roseluck, Cherry Berry