• Published 29th Mar 2020
  • 264 Views, 3 Comments

The Alley Outside of 7/11: An Anthology - The Red Parade



A collection of speed writings, discarded and abandoned stories, and other odds and ends. Story details in long description.

  • ...
3
 3
 264

She's The Prettiest Girl at the Party, and She Can Prove it With a Solid Right Hook

Of all the things that could have happened at a royal ball, Twilight Sparkle did not expect to get punched in the face.

“Do you need more ice, dear? I think there might be a few chunks left on the ice sculpture…”

And of all the ponies to start a fight, she didn’t think it’d be Rarity.

Twilight groaned and pressed the ice pack harder against her sore cheek. “I think… I think I’m fine, Rarity. Thanks.”

Rarity nodded, standing awkwardly next to her.

“You sure you don’t want to sit down?”

“I’m not getting this dress dirtier than it already is, Twilight.”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Alright.” She shot a glance back at the palace, where a stream of ponies were scattered about the entrance. “Looks like they got the fire under control.” Twilight paused and turned to face Rarity. “So… why did you punch Blueblood in the face again? I thought the restraining order was--”

“Six feet, yes, and he was far enough away,” Rarity admitted. “But… well, I couldn’t quite help myself when I heard that smug little rascal from across the room. Bad-mouthing you and your dancing abilities… the nerve!”

“Well, he isn’t exactly wrong,” Twilight muttered, shifting her ice pack to her other hoof.

“Oh, nonsense darling, you’ve gotten plenty better,” Rarity declared, before shying back and cringing. “Although I never intended for you to get kicked in the face by Spitfire.”

Twilight waved her free hoof dismissively. “It’s no problem. She only ended up there after Fancy Pants knocked Blueblood over the punch table.”

“Fair.” Rarity tapped her chin in thought. “Although I must confess I’m not certain at what point the curtains caught on fire.”

“Me neither,” Twilight replied.

Rarity puckered up before releasing a bitter sigh. “I barely even got to dance.”

Twilight glanced up and down the empty road before turning back to Rarity. She stood up and tossed her ice pack aside, straightening out her dress. “Alright then, let’s dance.”

Rarity raised an eyebrow. “Right here? Right now? In the street?”

“Sure.”

“But we don’t have any music, Darling?”

Twilight smirked, taking Rarity’s hoof in her own. “Don’t we?” She cleared her throat. “Are you ready, Rarity?”

Rarity returned her smirk. “Yes, Darling.”

“Alright then, let’s go!”

The two mares giggled as they reared onto their back legs, guiding one another down the street.

Twilight sang, trying not to step on Rarity’s hooves as the other unicorn took the lead. They stumbled about the pavement, giggling like mad while keeping time to the unheard beat.

Rarity spun Twilight around before catching her. Twilight lurched forwards a bit but quickly regained her balance, laughing all the way. Rarity winked at her before they continued.

They continued their strange, spastic dance deep into the night as the palace nearly burned down behind them, beneath a starry cloudless sky, without a care in the world.

Author's Note:

The song lyrics I spliced into this fic were removed to comply with FimFic's 'no copyrighted lyrics' rule.