• Published 17th Dec 2011
  • 3,494 Views, 53 Comments

Trixie's Revenge - Outlaw Quadrant



Trixie returns to Ponyville to steal something very valuable from Twilight.

  • ...
3
 53
 3,494

Not Exactly As Plannned

Within the darkness of Ponyville, there was nary a sound save for the occasional chirping of crickets. The skies above glittered with stars which only meant one thing. A certain unicorn and assistant was going to do some pre-dawn stargazing. This unicorn was standing by the door inside the Library Treehouse, tapping her hoof.

“Hurry up, Spike” yelled Twilight. She had a purple bag on her side stuffed with astrological books and charts ready to go. The sleepy assistant came down the stairs with a box that had a picture of a telescope on it.

“Oh, I’m so tired!” whined the purple dragon.

Twilight shook her head. “I told you to sleep early, didn’t I? Instead, you stayed late with Rarity helping her at the Boutique.”

Spike walked to the door as Twilight opened it. “It was (yawn) worth it.”

Twilight followed suit into the outside world. A light wind blew by which gave the air a bit of a chill but it unfazed the duo as they walked down a path towards a tall hill on the edge of town. The purple unicorn kept looking up at the sky, her eyes growing wider every time.

“I can’t believe how many stars are out right now! We’re so lucky to have this gift bestowed to us, right Spike? Spike?”

The purple unicorn stopped and turned around. The little dragon had been lazily walking behind and he bumped right into her, causing the box to rattle.

“Huh? Oh, what did you say, Twilight?”

“Never mind. We’re almost there.”

The pair climbed the hill and when they reached the top, Spike put the box down and opened it, revealing the multiple parts for the telescope. Even in his tired condition, the dragon had assembled the telescope many times to the point that it became second nature. He set the instructions aside, unfolded the tripod, twisted the parts together, placed the finished telescope on top of the tripod and wiped the lens.

“There you go, Twilight” Spike yawned. “Do you need me for anything else?”

Twilight rubbed her chin. Usually, she would have her assistant read off coordinates while she did the adjustments to the telescope. However, she couldn’t help but look at Spike’s tired expression without feeling a bit of sympathy.

“All right. You can go home for today.”

“Oh thanks (yawn), Twilight.”

“But I’ll add an extra session next week to make up for it.”

The little dragon let out a small moan. He turned around and stumbled down the hill while Twilight adjusted the telescope towards one of the dimmer stars in the sky.

As the little dragon reached the bottom of the hill, he passed by an innocuous bush when he heard a rustling sound. He stopped and looked at it for a second.

“Did I hear something?” he thought. “Aw, who cares? The bed’s calling my name. Oh, yes. I’m coming!”
Spike went down the path towards the Treehouse as a familiar pair of violet eyes peeked from the bush, looking at the departing dragon.

“Too close” thought Trixie, now wearing the amulet bracelet. She looked towards the top of the hill and spotted her target. “What fortune! To think that I came out to do some early scouting but here she is, all by her lonesome! The wheels of fate have turned in Trixie’s favor!”

Trixie noticed a large tree in close proximity of Twilight, wide enough to hide her. She sneaked out of the bush and tiptoed towards the tree. A light breeze tickled her nose and her instincts told her to sneeze. Trixie bit her tongue which made her let out a small whimper. She scurried back to the bush, thinking she had blown her cover.

However, Twilight was too immersed in her stargazing session to notice.

Relieved, Trixie again left the safety of the bush and crept her way up the hill. Near the top, she got low to the ground and slinked to the tree before getting up and taking a peek around. The purple unicorn had her eyes looking at the telescope when she began turning around. Trixie pulled her head back and her heart pounded hard. “Has she spotted me?”

“Oh. This is the book I need” the purple unicorn said to herself.

The azure unicorn peeked around the other side of the tree and saw Twilight had levitated a book next to her and was busy making adjustments to the telescope.

“Ok! Now let’s steal some magic!”

Trixie held the amulet with her hoof and closed her eyes. Her horn brimmed with azure light and the amulet around her neck glowed, adding an aura of amber around the unicorn. She continued focusing her mind but the energy from the amulet was more than she anticipated.

“C’mon! Hold it together!”

She opened her eyes, poked her head out of the tree and aimed her horn right at Twilight. Just as the last of the energy from the amulet was sucked dry, Trixie’s horn let out a large bolt of amber and azure colored energy at Twilight, knocking both of them unconscious, falling onto the cool grass below.


As Trixie opened her eyes, she saw the tripod holding the telescope next to her. She then saw the hooves in front of her. They were no longer azure but purple.

“What’s going on? Wait! This isn’t my voice at all! It’s…"

She got up, spotted the tree now a few feet away from her and saw herself lying unconscious , causing her stomach to sink. Trixie ran to the front of the telescope and the reflection of the lens revealed the body of Twilight Sparkle.

“No! No! No! The spell was supposed to switch abilities, not bodies! This is not what Trixie wanted!”

Trixie stopped her rant as she felt the immense magical energy pouring from her new body. “Oh, what divine and incredible power! Trixie likes!”

She then heard the sounds of coming to from the tree. Trixie used her new powers to break off a few twigs and tied up her old body, now possessed by her foe.

“Hey, what are you…wait, why do I sound like Trixie?” Twilight looked up and saw herself and the purple eyes trembled. “How is this possible?”

Trixie walked right up to her old body. “Well, hello Twilight.”

Twilight tried wriggling out of her predicament but it was no use. “What have you done to me, Trixie?”

“So, you still remember me. Trixie can’t help but feel touched. The plan was to steal your magic and it was a complete success!”

Twilight mocked “And I suppose you intended to switch bodies as well? Sounds to me like you didn’t do enough research on how your spell works.”

“Silence!"

“Reverse this at once!”

“Trixie will do no such thing. This body may lack the grace, beauty and glamour of the old one but the magical powers are so worth it.”

“You won’t get away with this! My friends will realize what’s going on and together, we’ll…”

Trixie conjured up tape to stop Twilight’s speech. “Your friends? Trixie…no, Twilight will easily shed them and Twilight will become the Amazing and Wonderful Sparkle! Besides, who’s going to believe your story, Trixie?”

Twilight mumbled in vain but it dawned on her that she had Trixie’s magic powers. She summoned it but noticed that the power she had was nowhere close to what she was used to and had trouble controlling it. She broke off some of the branches before Trixie quickly added some more and then used the rest of the tree to make a wooden box and enveloped her foe.

Trixie yelled "That should hold you! Twilight thanks you for these powers. Enjoy being mocked by every pony for your feeble magic, Trixie."

She began walking down the hill to put her plan into action but stopped halfway down.

“Wait! A teleportation spell? Oh, how convenient!”

The horn of the purple unicorn lit up and as she disappeared, laughed at her success.

Then, a bright light appeared on the same spot and Trixie reappeared. She opened her eyes, looked at her surroundings and stopped laughing, annoyed at her failure.

“Guess Trixie…ugh, Twilight will have to walk.”