• Published 17th Dec 2011
  • 3,494 Views, 53 Comments

Trixie's Revenge - Outlaw Quadrant



Trixie returns to Ponyville to steal something very valuable from Twilight.

  • ...
3
 53
 3,494

An Unexpected Gift

The cool winds of autumn sailed by the Whitetail Wood outside of Ponyville as the sun began to set. Near a pond by a bridge, some of the trees lost their leaves to the winds and they danced in flight before flying into an opening in a small light purple tent. The pony inside did not appreciate the leaves entering her domain.

“Ah! Get out of here!” With her horn, the azure unicorn whisked the leaves outside the tent.

With the distraction over with, the pony whisked a smoothie cup to her mouth before taking a sip. She stopped, smacked her lips, and her face screamed anger.

“That simpleton merchant! When Trixie says extra hay juice, that means EXTRA hay juice!” The unicorn chucked the smoothie out of the tent.

Trixie levitated a quill and opened a book labeled Trixie’s Diary on the ground and began writing.

Today, I have arrived just outside of Ponyville, the site of where everything went wrong for me, the former Great and Powerful Trixie! After that Twilight Sparkle embarrassed me during the Ursa Minor incident, the news of my predicament spread like wildfire and the ignorant masses began mocking me and dared throw tomatoes at the Great and Powerful Trixie but I deftly avoided all of them! Well, ok! Most of them! I was forced to abandon my tour altogether and I ended up working at a smoothie concession stand in Hoofington! What a disgrace for me, the former Great and Powerful Trixie, the greatest magician in Equestria to use my spectacular talents in such menial labor! However, everything will be different come tomorrow when I steal Twilight Sparkle’s magic and make it my own!

Trixie let out an evil laugh and she generated a small lightning cloud outside her tent which added to the moment. Unfortunately, a bolt hit the top of the tent and it caught on fire.

“Eeep!”

The unicorn made the cloud drop some rain on the tent which put the fire out but not before the tent collapsed, rendering it useless. Trixie shook her head, knowing she had made this mistake the night before. Fortunately, she brought an extra tent and put it up before retrieving her items under the charred remains of the old tent. However, there was one thing that was missing and panicked.

“Oh, where is it? Don’t tell me I lost the amulet!”

She then heard the sounds of a duck nearby with an amber amulet necklace in its mouth.

“Come here, you simple creature! That is not for eating!”

Trixie chased after the duck who tried to waddle away with its newfound item in tow. As she got closer, the duck spread its wings, ready to depart.

“You will not get away from Trixie!”

She conjured up another small lightning cloud and let out a bolt which scared the duck into dropping the amulet before flying away. The amulet levitated off the ground and towards the unicorn when she realized it was filthy. She took the short trip to the nearby pond where she dunked it in and out and gave it a small spin to dry it.

“Too close for comfort. I dare not ask Hocus for another one of these!”

She thought back to earlier in the month when she was working at the smoothie shop.


***Begin Flashback***

In the town of Hoofington, a locale much like Ponyville, Trixie was holding station at Hoofington’s Smoothies and Malts, an enclosed wooden stand much like all the other ones around her which stood on both sides of a dirt path. Behind the stands were two-story thatched structures where both residents and businesses presided. Trees took spots between the stands which obscured much of the sunlight save for sporadic spots in the middle of the path.

As various ponies ventured up and down the path, Trixie looked at them with disinterest and was tempted to make a cup of hay juice for herself. However, she knew that eating the merchandise was not a good thing as it got her fired from the last smoothie shop she worked at.

She then saw a medium-size white stallion approach the stand. Trixie gave an uninterested introduction while giving the customer a cursory glance. “Hoofington Smoothies and Malts. Voted two hooves up in the Hoofington Post.”

“Oh my!” said the stallion in suave voice. “Forgotten me already?”

Trixie gave the stallion a closer look. His mane and tail was a mix of black and white and the eyes were dark red. He had a traditional magician’s hat on his head and a black cape with stars obscured his cutie mark.

She realized who it was and got nervous. “Hocus? What are you doing here?”

Hocus let out a chuckle. “Why, performing a magic show for the denizens of Hoofington, of course. The more important question is what are you doing here, oh Great and Powerful Trixie?”

Trixie turned away from the stallion, embarrassed a fellow magician caught her in a humiliating position. “I no longer go by that name.”

Hocus let out a small frown and put his hoof on his forehead. “Oh, tsk, tsk, tsk, what a shame, not even referring yourself in third-person anymore? Oh, how the mighty have fallen.”

The azure unicorn still had some pride left. “Trixie does not need your pity! This is only a temporary setback! Now, purchase something or be gone from Trixie’s sight, magician!”

“Now, now, Great and Powerful Trixie, I meant no disrespect. I will purchase a strawberry smoothie, if you can be so kind.”

Trixie turned her back and using her horn, threw some strawberries into a blender and closed the lid. She made the blender activate, churning the fruits. She asked Hocus “So, where is your assistant, Pocus?”

Hocus’ suaveness disappeared replaced by disappointment. “She decided to venture out on her own. I told the mare she was not ready but alas, she did not listen. Last I heard, she is doing shows for little fillies as a clown.”

Trixie laughed as she detested the former assistant who acted a lot like herself.

“Fortunately, I’m still looking for a new assistant and you are always welcome to…”

The azure unicorn turned around. “Trixie works by herself and would definitely not work for an amateur!”

Hocus grabbed his top hat and put on his chest. “Such a shame. We could have made such great magic together.”

Trixie snorted in disapproval before she finished mixing the fruit and placed the contents in a cup.

“That will be two bits, magician.”

Hocus levitated the bits into the air and dunked two of them in a drop box behind her and many others into a tip jar. The stallion took a sip of his smoothie.

“Quite delicious. You know, I simply cannot depart your company without helping you in some way.”

He placed an amber amulet on the counter.

“What is that, magician?” said Trixie, giving the object a suspicious look.

“It’s a booster amulet” replied Hocus. “It gives the user an extra boost of magic power so you could either spruce up your small tricks over time or use it for one big trick just out of your reach.”

The azure unicorn glared at Hocus. “What’s the catch, magician?”

The stallion shook his head. “My, my, Great and Powerful Trixie. I ask for nothing. It’s a gift, from one magician to another to help you get back on your hooves. Use it wisely.”

Hocus departed the stand and walked down the path but turned around for a final word.

“Of course, you are always welcome to be my assistant at any time.”

He winked at Trixie which made her eye twitch. She levitated multiple empty cups and chucked them in his direction. Before they hit the stallion, he threw up some smoke and disappeared from sight.

***End Flashback***


As Trixie returned to her tent, she placed the amulet on top of the diary and brought to her a spell book. She opened it to a page that had been bookmarked earlier and looked over the spell she was going to use. She thought “Even for somepony as great as I am, this spell is very difficult so I must get it right the first time. Otherwise, I may not get another chance at this.”

The sun finally came down and Trixie decided to call it an early night. She rested down on a cloth and closed her eyes.

“Enjoy your magic while you can, Twilight Sparkle.”

She let out a small chuckle which echoed into the darkness.