• Published 17th Dec 2011
  • 3,495 Views, 53 Comments

Trixie's Revenge - Outlaw Quadrant



Trixie returns to Ponyville to steal something very valuable from Twilight.

  • ...
3
 53
 3,495

The Trick is Up

Inside the top floor of the Library Treehouse, the window that brought in fresh air to the bedroom also brought in the peering eyes of the azure unicorn, exhausted from her long ascent. With the coast clear, Twilight slinked inside, careful not to knock over the unicorn head sculpture on the nightstand, and laid flat on the floor next to her bed for a breather.

“Why must…Trixie’s…levitation…spell…be…so…weak?”

Twilight got up and shook off the bits of leaves and bark before her ears picked up the sounds of conversation below. She took dainty steps down the stairs to the next level down before she saw all her precious books strewn across the floor and each cabinet opened. The unicorn let out a slight groan before making a right to the corridor of stairs. As the unicorn reached the first floor, she stopped and sat down to rest and listen.

On the first floor, Spike was sitting in a corner being comforted by the soft hooves of Fluttershy. Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow were all conversing with Applejack who assumed leadership in the absence of the smart unicorn.

“Ok, every pony. We all got a chance to read Twilight’s letter so what do y’all think?”

Rarity had the letter levitated in the air and waved it around. “I just cannot believe that she would write something like this but still, she has been gone for hours.” The white unicorn turned to Rainbow. “Dear, you said some pony told you they spotted Twilight on the road to Hoofington, correct?”

Rainbow quickly answered “They think they did. It doesn’t mean anything!”

They cow-pony then turned to Pinkie who had balloons saying Congratulations Twilight! and a pink magician’s hat on. “Pinkie, what in the hay is with that git up?”

“It’s to celebrate Twilight being a magician!” replied the cheerful pony.

Applejack raised her tone. “Pinkie, this ain’t the right time for a party, ‘specially considerin’ the situation! Just…tell me if your Pinkie Sense went off this mornin’.”

“Sure did! It told me a unicorn that I know was leaving Ponyville today!”

“It…did? Applejack took of her hat and placed it on her chest. “Gosh, with the sightin’ and your sense going off, that means…she really did leave us.”

The room stood silent save for the whimpering of the little purple dragon. Twilight got up and her hooves commanded her to go downstairs but her mind rejected the impulses and she sat back down just as an impatient Pegasus spoke up.

“Girls, what are we doing just sitting around here? We’re wasting time! We need to find Twilight and bring her flank back here!”

Rainbow’s wings unfurled and she aimed her nose at the door but she was denied the exit by a pink hoof on her tail. “Pinkie! Let…go!”

“Dashie! We can’t bring Twilight back! The letter said we shouldn’t!”

“So?”

“It’s almost like a Pinkie Swear! She trusts us to follow her wishes and losing a friend’s trust…”

The cyan mare ceased her attempts to fly and she turned around to shove a hoof on Pinkie’s mouth. “Yeah, yeah, forever, but that letter’s not a Pinkie Swear! Besides, if we follow her wishes, we’re losing a good friend!”

Good friend?” Rarity scoffed. “Look at poor Spike here! Would a good friend leave someone so dear and precious behind like that? Hmfff!”

Rainbow powered her way up to the white unicorn’s face. “Are you saying we should just let her go like that without an explanation?”

“Well…” She took a step back and saw a glimpse of the crying dragon before bolstering her resolve. “Maybe we should! Spike will be in better hooves with us rather than that deserter.”

“Mmmmmmm! Desert!” said Pinkie.

Applejack nudged Rainbow aside and poked Rarity. “Now, hold on, Rarity! You can’t talk ‘bout Twilight like that!”

Rarity poked back. “Why not? She’s not around to hear it!”

The two mares went off in irate conversation amongst each other as Rainbow again tried to leave but Pinkie’s flank on her tail obstructed her flight. Fluttershy hugged the little dragon even tighter to shield him from the chaos.

Meanwhile, Twilight had both azure hooves shoved in her face in disbelief. “I can’t believe a simple letter can cause so much trouble. There’s no way I can waltz in there and tell them the truth looking like this. Okay, maybe I can…”

“Hoo!”

The smart unicorn snapped out of her thoughts and saw Owlowiscious flapping in front of her.

“Hoo?” said the owl.

The unicorn sweated beads as she whispered “Hi, uhm, I’m…Twilight…your owner?”

Owlowiscious circled the azure pony with suspicious eyes. “Hoo?”

“Look, I don’t have time to…”

“HOO! HOO! H…!”

Magical tape surrounded and quieted the alarming cries of the owl but silence also fell between the mares below.

“What was that?” asked a scared Fluttershy.

“It came from upstairs!” yelled Rainbow.

Twilight lifted the owl with her magic and she dashed up the stairs to dump her pet on the bed on the floor level above before her ears heard the approaching sounds of clopping hooves and flapping wings. In panic mode, Twilight spotted the bookcase with an attached desk to the right and she closed her eyes, summoning all her power to move it to block the stairwell. She finished just as her friends saw a glimpse of light at the top of the stairs before the bookcase blocked it out.

“Who’s there?” bellowed Applejack.

The smart unicorn did not respond.

“Y’all better speak up or I’m bustin’ through!”

The heart of the unicorn drummed as she knew the strength of the cow-pony would make quick work of the obstruction. There was not enough time to scurry to the bedroom window to escape so it left Twilight with only one option, deception. Again, the azure horn glowed and then sparkled randomly as the magic energy was running low. With the spell complete, she gulped and opened her mouth to speak.

“Umm, hi girls!”

Twilight heard the gasping of the mares on the other side of the blockage.

“Is that you, Twilight?” exclaimed Applejack with surprise.

“The voice-changing spell worked!” thought the azure unicorn. “Yes, it’s me!”

Murmurs broke out on the other side before the cow-pony spoke out. “Hold on! Let me barge through and…”

“No! You can’t!” interrupted Twilight.

Rarity yelled “Why not, dear?”

An accusatory voice directly above the azure unicorn rang out.

“Because it’s not Twilight!”

Twilight looked up and saw Rainbow Dash’s eyes staring down before the Pegasus stomped to the ground, sending the unicorn backwards and into the ground. She crawled backwards as Rainbow followed with heavy steps.

The voice-magic wore out but Twilight spoke anyways in desperation. “Wait! You don’t understand! I’m really…”

Rainbow interrupted “Nice try, Trixie!

The bookcase shattered into pieces and out of the splintered remains emerged the cow-pony and everypony else. They quickly joined Rainbow’s side as Twilight kept going backwards until the wall stopped her progress. She gulped as the stares she got were not of ecstasy for seeing the return of a friend but one of surprise, disbelief, and disgust for what they thought was the boasting magician.

The azure hoof of Twilight shook as she raised it and gave a friendly wave. “Eh, heh, heh. Hi…girls?”