• Published 18th Feb 2020
  • 8,244 Views, 37 Comments

The Crusaders Save the Day - Brerdaniel



The Cutie Mark Crusaders quit the School of Friendship after what Cozy Glow did. Twilight and the others try to convince them to come back.

  • ...
1
 37
 8,244

Chapter 1 - Resigned and Betrayed

At the foyer of the School of Friendship, there is a hero party for the Young Six for defeating Cozy Glow, and everypony and creature are celebrating. As the Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, Princess Celestia, and Luna are very proud of their bravery.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate Sandbar, Gallus, Yona, Smolder, Ocellus, and Silverstream who have brought the magic back to Equestria from our former student Cozy Glow by retrieving the artifacts and save Guidance Counselor Starlight Glimmer," Twilight announced.

All the ponies and cheered even Thorax, Ember, Prince Rutherford, and Silverstream's parents are even prouder of them well except for Grandpa Gruff but find Gallus' actions pretty impressive.

"And to show our appreciation we like to reward you with these medals for bringing the magic back to Equestria." Princess Celestia presented the hero medals to the Young Six and puts them on the six students.

Twilight levitates her drink to and proposes them at toast "So, we proposed a toast to the heroes of the School of Friendship and Equestria, Sandbar, Gallus, Yona, Smolder, Ocellus, and Silverstream!"

They cheer their cups and the celebration has begun as DJ-Pon3 has started the music and all of Equestria dance around the dance floor and chatting around the tables and Yaks have been very careful with their bouncing and try not to make a mess of things.

Twilight and her friends watched when their students are with their guardians telling about their experiences in the School of Friendship and how they manage to save it.

"Wow, they seem to be having a good time." Rainbow Dash said.

"Yeah, Ember and the others are very proud of them." Spike agreed.

"That little meanie Cozy Glow shouldn't try to take control of the school but at least she and Tirek will be getting along just fine! She deserves to stay in Tartarus!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

"Oh goodness. Isn't that a little harsh for what Celestia and Luna did?" Fluttershy worried.

"Oh, it is unnecessarily." Rarity said. "But we can't argue with the princesses. Besides I can't Cozy Glow really did all this so she could have power to herself."

"Yeah, but if it wasn't for Sandbar and his friends the magic wouldn't have come back!" Pinkie Pie.

"They can't take all the credit." Starlight said. "They did have a little help just to try to get me out."

"Speaking of Which where are the Cutie Mark Crusaders?" Spike wondered.

"Huh," Applejack said. "Now that you mention it. Apple Bloom and the other young'ns should've been here by now."

"Yeah, it's not like them to miss this party for anything." Rainbow Dash said.

"I don't know." Twilight wondered. "Something must be wrong they did say Cozy Glow locked them in the closet. And they did break out after she was defeated."

"Oh no, I hope nothing bad has happened to them." Fluttershy worried.

"Oh, I'm sure they're just feeling a little down that's all. After all Cozy Glow was their friend, after all, they've done for her before she well we all know how that turned out darlings." Rarity assures them.

They looked at each other and they all nodded in agreement on what Rarity said.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right Rarity," Twilight said. "In the meantime, I got something special for them in my office I'll be right back."

Twilight leaves to go get something from her office while the rest of her friends stay to enjoy the party and waited for the Cutie Mark Crusaders for their arrival.


Twilight enters her office to look for something very special until she notices an envelope on her desk.

"What's this?" she wondered.

She levitates it and it's for her she opens the envelope and it was a letter from the Cutie Mark Crusaders and reads it.

Dear Twilight,

We're glad that all of the Magic of Equestria is back thanks to Sandbar and the others. But the Crusaders and I felt like we were responsible for Cozy Glow's evil actions.

So, we never thought of wanting to come to your school in the first place. You were right about us knowing about friendship. But if we haven't met Cozy and helped her none of this would have ever happened. We did distract her and but she locked us in the closet. And nopony could get us out in time.

We have no other choice but to resign our jobs as tutors of the School of Friendship before any more harm could be done and decided to go back to Miss Cheerliee's class like you said before we need her class, not yours we thank you for all you've done for us at your school Twilight.

Yours truly,

The Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Twilight gasped when she finishes reading it and rushes out of her office to tell all the ponies and creatures the bad news.


Back at the party Starlight is having a good chat with the Young Six.

"So, how are you all doing?" Starlight asked.

"Yona, feel glad that stop Cozy Glow from taking over school," Yona said.

"Yeah but still we could've graduated after what we did." Gallus pouted.

"Yeah, but like Twilight said it's going to take more than one semester to finish the School of Friendship." Starlight said.

"But hey at least we brought the magic back." Ocellus said. "That's all it matters. Right?"

"Eh, works for me," Smolder shrugged.

"I never did save Equestria before," Silverstream said. "Well, I know that my cousin Skystar did help Twilight's friends defeated the Storm King and his army. At least I got a chance to do that."

"Hey, let's not take all the credit." Sandbar said. "We could've never done it without any help from The Cutie Mark Crusaders. I wonder where they could be?"

"Don't you worry y'all." Applejack said. "I'm sure they'll on their way as we speak."

"They're not coming." Twilight's voice interrupted the conversation. As Starlight and her friends turn their faces on her.

"Uh, Twi?" Rainbow Dash asked with concern. "Did miss something? It sounds like you're saying they're not coming."

"I did Rainbow Dash," Twilight said with a sad look on her face.

"What?!" Pinkie Pie shouted as the music stopped and all the ponies have turned to the School of Friendship staff when they hear Pinkie Pie screamed.

"Sorry, it's just they never refuse to come to a hero party! They always come to our hero parties! Why's that?!"

"Pinkie Pie, calm down," Twilight said when she calms her down. "I was just in my office for a minute and I found this note left on my desk. Turns they feel like it was their fault because what Cozy did. They were hurt really badly because she betrayed them after since they think of what she did for them to come to my school was all a lie. So they just quit their tutor jobs from my school. And they went back to Cheerliee's classes."

Everyone gasped with worry when they hear the news even Princess Celestia and Luna were shocked about all this so are the other students.

"What?!" Starlight cried. "But they were the best tutors around here! Why would they just quit?! They love it here!"

"That's just it Starlight," Twilight said. "They were hurt. Probably because all the other students were brainwashed by Cozy Glow nopony can get them out of the closet in time."

"What?!" Silverstream cried.

"That's horrible!" Ocellus cried.

"And I was the one who brought them here in the first place." Sandbar said feeling guilty.

"It's not your fault Sandbar." Twilight placed her hoof on Sanbar's shoulder. "You did what you had to do to get help."

"I know but still...."

Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are now feeling very sorry and worried about their sisters they knew how much they wanted to come to Twilight's school because it was so nice and much better than the Ponyville Schoolhouse and they just resigned because of Cozy Glow's actions.

"Poor Sweetie Belle. She really has been taking this whole thing really hard." Rarity said trying to fight her tears "I better go check on her!"

"I better go check on Scoots!" Rainbow Dash cried.

"I'm coming with y'all too better see how Apple Bloom's doing!" Applejack said as she, Rainbow Dash and Rarity leave Twilight stops them with her magic.

"Wait!" she cried. "It's best that I come along too and see what's going on with them,"

Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity nodded agreeing with Twilight's suggestion.

"I'm coming too," Fluttershy volunteered. "The poor little fillies must've felt awful after what happened."

"Me too!" Pinkie Pie also volunteered. "Somepony's needs to turn those frowns upside down."

"Alright," Twilight said she turns to Spike and Starlight and said to them. "Can you stay here and keep an eye on things while we're gone? We won't be too long."

"Oh sure, sure." Starlight said. "Don't worry we have everything under control I just hope I won't be in the same vortex-like last time."

"Don't worry." Spike comfort Starlight. "We made sure those artifacts are somewhere safe some nopony can ever find them."

Twilight hugged them "Thanks you two. We'll be right back with the girls."

The Mane Six left the school to head over to the clubhouse at Sweet Apple Acres to find Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo hopefully to check on them although this leaves Princess Luna feeling a bit concerned.


Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie stroll themselves through the streets of Ponyville glad to see that the citizens are having a good time that the magic is back but they're not in the mood for any thanks they just keep walking to Sweet Apple Acres and Twilight remembers too well on how much that the CMCs wanted to come to her school not only because they wanted to have fun with her and her friends but to get to know her students as well and she turns them down because they already know all about friendship and gives them honorary diplomas for helping Cozy Glow and gives them a job for her school. Now she learns that they have resigned because of her betrayal.

Asides from Twilight. Rainbow Dash has remembered the time when Scootaloo started to look up to her rival Lightning Dust and her Washouts she feels a bit concern for her safety and when she learns that she'll never be the best of the best or wonder because she can't fly. But during her debut Rainbow manage to save her from the most dangerous untested stunt so Rainbow did show Scootaloo some appreciation by establishing the Scootaloo Fan Club.

Applejack and Rarity felt very awful for sisters after all the work they've done for them when they heard about all the work they've done setting up a Cutie Mark Day Camp and their first friendship mission with Scootaloo to Mount Aris to help Terrimar to live in both worlds in land and sea for his parents.

Minutes later The Mane Six manage to walk through Sweet Apple Acres walking through the apple trees then they reached their destination the Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse Twilight and the girls knew if girls would feel down about this whole fiasco so Twilight decided to knock on the door and it opened to reveal the three fillies.

"Uh hi, girls." Twilight greeted.

"Oh, uh hi Twilight, girls." Apple Bloom said. "We weren't expecting y'all what can we do for you?"

"We just want to talk sugar cube." Applejack said. "So are y'all doing alright?"

"Yeah, we're just doing fine." Sweetie Belle replied. "Why did you ask?"

Pinkie Pie began to answer. "Because we heard that you quit the school because Cozy Glow hurt you and locked you in the closet since nopony would ever--"

"PINKIE!!!!" They shouted.

"Oops! sorry." Pinkie Pie said feeling embarrassed about what she said to them knowing they are sensitive.

"No, no, It's okay," Scootaloo said sadly. "I guess you got our note, huh?"

They all nodded as the fillies look sadly down on the ground but Twilight manages to have the courage to speak up. " Look, I know it's hard, and we all put all our trust in ponies who would betray us. I know we had when Discord team up with Tirek so he got tricked too. But you three are the best tutors anypony could ask for."

"Yeah, and you all can't beat yourselves about that. I mean it's not like who you are dealing." Rainbow Dash said.

"Y'all don't get it." Apple Bloom said angrily. "Cozy Glow has used us for her own purposes. And then the way she helped us get into your school it was all a lie!"

"If we haven't help Cozy while we try to get into the school, then she wouldn't have done her evil plans in the first place." Sweetie Belle said getting tears in her eyes.

"Listen here young'uns. I know y'all feel bad about what happened but just because of what she did. Doesn't mean y'all can't punish yourselves for what happened." Applejack reason with them.

"We know how much coming to Twilight's school means so much to you," Fluttershy said. "But don't you think you three are going...um...."

"Overboard?" Pinkie Pie finished.

"Well, maybe not overboard." Rarity said. "So the point is betrayal always happens. How about you three reconsider. Think about what you're doing?"

"No, we can't!" Scootaloo shouted. " Even before we got our cutie marks we have done some pretty crazy things in the past, and all we ever do is mess things up!"

Twilight was surprised at Scootaloo's words. "That's not true. You three were--

"Look we really understand what you all are trying to do but it's not going to work!" Sweetie Belle interrupted getting tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry everypony but we just don't belong over there anymore. You girls are more competent than us!" Apple Bloom said with tears in her eyes.

Scootaloo finishes her sentences with tears in her eyes. "We're sick and tired of all the trouble we've cost in the past! And the nightmares we have about Gabby Gums! Us trying to get our cutie marks! And not having a tiny of respect! Because WE...ARE...NOT...HEROES OF EQUESTRIA!!!"

Twilight and the girls gasped in shock of their outbursts because the fillies are feeling more hurt indeed.

"She's right we're just foals. We don't know any better." Apple Bloom said starting to cry.

"Now if you all excuse us we just wanted to be alone right now." Sweetie Belle said sadly.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders sadly walk out of their clubhouse so they can be alone and needed some time to themselves.

"Crusaders, wait!" Twilight shouted.

"Oh boy." Applejack sadly sighed.

Twilight and her friends watched them leave now they felt very terrible for them because having a friend who once knew betrayed them is not an easy thing to get over so The Mane Six decided to head back to the school of friendship to tell everyone the bad news and call the party off so they can think about what to do to cheer the Cutie Mark Crusaders up.