• Published 30th Jan 2020
  • 424 Views, 3 Comments

Resistance Is Futile - bdoubleowo

  • ...
 3
 424

Blowing Up A Cube Apparently Works

"Fire!"

The command echoed across space as the phaser beam laced across the Borg ship's hull, causing a chain reaction that the landing party of Lieutenant Commander Data, Commander Shelby, Mr. Worf, and Dr. Crusher had set up earlier while retrieving Captain Picard, who had been made into a Borg and renamed Locutus. Hopefully this would stop the Borg forever.

It seemed to work, anyway.

The Borg Queen thought back to their last defeat. The Federation ship Enterprise, registry number NCC-1701-D, had almost destroyed them. Of course, she wasn't without some hurt herself. The Queen smiled. Fortunately, they had come back from the defeat and have regenerated almost all of their power. They were 98% done, and 2% more until full power. Once they were done, they would begin again.

There was a sound of an engine starting up. We must have full power now, thought the Borg Queen. The ship shuddered, then zoomed off into space at warp speed.

The Queen smiled. Over time they had assimilated many planets, many races into their ranks. Even now the Borg ship was headed to planets, so they could be assimilated as well. The Queen smiled as she heard the familiar sound of her troops beaming down to the planet so that they could capture some of the citizens. Then she heard something unfamiliar. And it was coming from right outside her door.

“Let go of me this instant!” shouted a voice from outside. A Borg poked his head into the Queen’s quarters.

“Your majesty,” he said, “we… have a problem.” He went back outside.

The Queen exited the quarters and what she saw shocked her. A white horse with a pastel green, blue, and pink mane was fighting her guards in the middle of the hallway. The Queen rolled her eyes. Apparently, they were assimilating a planet inhabited by pastel colored horses. Then the horse turned, and the Queen’s eyes grew wide. This horse had a horn and wings. So… not a horse.

The Queen grabbed a tranquilizer and, while the horse wasn’t looking, stuck it into the horse’s shoulder. The horse dropped to the floor.

One of the guards picked up one of the horse’s hooves and dragged it toward the assimilation room. The other guard turned to the Queen. “Immediate assimilation, as usual?”

“Yes,” said the Queen. “Show that horse what it’s like to be part of the Borg.”

*Meanwhile, on the planet below*

“Are they ever going to go away?” Rainbow Dash asked her friends. The cyan Pegasus was at the moment hiding in the Golden Oak Library with Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and newly crowned Princess Twilight Sparkle.

“I don’t know, Rainbow. These invaders could have no interest at all in us, and instead want to take over Equestria.” Twilight said.

“Then why in Celestia’s name are we hiding?! We’re the Elements of Harmony! We can kick their sorry flanks back to where they came from!” Rainbow smacked her hooves together.

“Rainbow, don’t you remember? We had to give up the Elements to save the Tree of Harmony! We don’t have the Elements anymore!” Applejack said, clearly exasperated.

“Oh yeah…” Rainbow looked sheepish. “I forgot.”

“I just hope they don’t find us.” Fluttershy said in her soft, quiet voice. “They’re… scary.”

Twilight facehoofed. “Girls, we don’t know anything about these creatures! We don’t know if they’re bad or good, where they’re from, why they just appeared in a flash of golden light…” The purple alicorn started pacing. “Maybe Princess Celestia knows something. SPIKE!”

A purple dragon stuck his head out from behind Rarity, which made the white unicorn shriek in surprise. “Yes, Twilight?”

“Take a letter, please.” Twilight stopped pacing and looked at Spike, who was holding a quill and a piece of parchment. She started dictating the letter.

“Dear Princess Celestia: Today in Ponyville we have an urgent question. We are being attacked by an unknown force, and none of us know anything about them, much less how to stop them!” Twilight looked out the window, staring at the invaders. “They are biped, with metal parts all over their bodies.” She looked again. “Some have red laser eyes.”

Pinkie’s eyes grew wide. “What are lasers?”

Twilight smirked. “Just something I learned about when I visited Sunset Shimmer one time. Think of lasers as the things that came out of my horn when you used me as a machine gun that time.”

Pinkie nodded. “I get it now!” She shrieked. “Twilight, this is crazy!!!”

Rarity sighed. “Miss Pie, I completely agree with you. Of all the things, this invasion is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!” She fainted. Somehow, a fainting couch appeared behind her.

Twilight smiled at the display and finished dictating her letter. “If you know anything about these creatures, please tell us. We really appreciate it. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.” She nodded to Spike, who promptly blew flames at the letter and sent it to Canterlot.

“So, what are we supposed to do while we’re waiting for Princess Celestia’s reply?” asked Rainbow Dash. “Just sit here?”

“Tartarus no!” Twilight clapped a hoof over her mouth. “Excuse my Prench.”

“Excused,” said all of her friends in unison.

“We are not going to just sit here and wait. We need to get moving!” Twilight said, emphasized. Rainbow Dash facehoofed.

“I suggested that earlier…” the cyan Pegasus said to Pinkie, who nodded.

“Hey! Miss Purple Smart!” Pinkie shouted, waving her hoof very fast. Twilight noticed and turned toward Pinkie.

“Pinkie, please don’t call me that. Also, what do you need?” Twilight asked the pink Earth pony.

Pinkie pointed at Spike. “Spike’s about to puke!” All the ponies moved away from him as Spike burped out Celestia’s reply letter

“Oops. Burp, not puke. My bad!” Pinkie said, then bounced over to look at the letter, which Twilight was reading.

“This is shocking!” Twilight said, clearly surprised.

“What’s shocking?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“There’s only eight words on this. Princess Celestia never writes less than a paragraph!” Twilight pushed the letter towards Rainbow Dash, who read the words out loud.

“I am Celestia of Pony. Resistance is futile.” read Rainbow Dash. She turned to the others. “What the hay does that mean?”

Twilight looked outside. The invaders were disappearing, and now she could clearly see Canterlot Castle in the distance. It looked like there had been a huge fight there.

“It means,” Twilight said, turning to her friends, “that we are in very big trouble.”