• Published 30th Jan 2020
  • 424 Views, 3 Comments

Resistance Is Futile - bdoubleowo

  • ...
 3
 424

Yup, Just Another Day In Ponyville

“Ready?” Twilight asked. They had decided on a combination of the two plans: a plan where they sneak in, but completely let themselves be seen when they rescued the princess. Twilight still didn’t approve, but it was majority rules. So, it got accepted as the plan.

Everypony was standing around Twilight. It was a little cramped, but it was necessary. “Yup!” they shouted.

Twilight concentrated. Sparks flew out of her horn.

“Grab onto me!” Twilight shouted, and her friends grabbed onto her. Spike grabbed
Twilight’s tail.

Twilight concentrated her magic on the spot where they were gathered. Then they winked
out.

*Paradise Estates*

“Firefly! Look out!” cried Medley. Firefly turned, and she barely saw the startled look of a purple unicorn as she crashed.

“Sorry.” Firefly said, sheepish. “Are you okay?”

“Yes.” The purple unicorn looked around. “Oh great, wrong place! Everypony, grab on!” The other five ponies and the dragon grabbed onto the purple unicorn. Wait. A dragon?

“Hey!” Firefly shouted. “You know there’s a dragon grabbing onto your tail, right?”

The purple unicorn looked up at her. “That’s just Spike. He’s my assistant. He’s harmless.” She started concentrating.

“Assistant?” Firefly couldn’t believe it. “Dragons are evil! I mean-“ She was cut off by a scream from her friend Twilight.

“Firefly! They’re back!” Twilight screamed. Firefly looked up and saw a group of dragons coming down from the sky, one of them having a centaur on their back.

“Everyone, run!” Firefly yelled. She flew towards Twilight, then turned towards the purple unicorn. “Hey, come on! You’ll get-“ Firefly’s eyes grew wide. There was no one there. “…captured otherwise?”

Firefly shook her head. “I must have been imagining things.” She flew off to meet Twilight and Ember.

*Back in Ponyville*

Twilight- Sparkle, that is- tried to catch her breath. “Phew! Is everypony okay?”

“I’m fine.” Applejack shook her head.

“Same here!” Rainbow Dash said. “You could’ve told us that you were going to use a time travel spell!”

“I didn’t mean to, Rainbow. Honest! Also, does anypony know what even happened? I can only go back one week in time. That did NOT look recent!” Twilight paced around the library. "That didn’t look like any part of Equestria that I know of.” She kept pacing. “I’ll find more out about it later. Anyway, back to the plan. Grab on!”

The ponies grabbed on. Spike, tired of grabbing Twilight’s tail, grabbed Twilight’s back hoof instead.

Twilight concentrated her magic. Then, they winked out.

*On the Borg ship*

All was quiet on the ship. Then, a pop was heard and six ponies and a dragon appeared
out of thin air.

“Phew! Everypony here?” Twilight asked. She looked around. “Applejack… here. Spike… here. Rainbow Dash… here. Fluttershy… here. Rarity… here. Pinkie Pie... not here?” Twilight looked at her friends, confused. Then she saw them snickering. Twilight turned around.

There stood Pinkie Pie, who had apparently been copying everything Twilight said or did. Twilight facehoofed. “Pinkie Pie… here.”

“Aw! You caught me!” Pinkie said, and pouted. Then she smiled again. “Anyhoo, did you see how cool this ship is?”

“Yeah!” Rainbow flew upwards, then punched the wall. She cradled her hoof. “Ow. That hurt.”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Well, the ship’s made of metal. Of course it would hurt!” She levitated Rainbow’s tail in her magic and started walking to the left.

As the six ponies (and dragon) turned the corner, there was a crash from behind them. Fluttershy turned around and gasped. “Um… girls?” she squeaked.

Rainbow Dash flew over. “What is it, ‘Shy? Something I- I mean WE- need to beat up?”

Fluttershy silently pointed her hoof forward. Rainbow Dash looked up- right at a humanoid metal creature walking toward them.

“Run!” Rainbow shouted. As she and Fluttershy ran off, Twilight turned.

“She’s right, girls! Come on!” Twilight shouted, then ran in a different direction. Applejack
facehoofed.

“Ya know it’s kinda a bad omen to split up when we’re in a unknown place, right?!” she
shouted after the fleeing Twilight. Applejack turned toward her friends. “So, which direction do you guys want to go- huh?” They had all run off.

“Great…” Applejack muttered. “We’re doomed.” Then she ran past the Borg soldier, who stopped, confused, and then kept going forward toward where Twilight had gone.

*Meanwhile, back at the ranch… I mean the control room of the Borg ship…*

“So, they’re on board now?” Queen Chrysalis said. She leaned back and stretched. “We can destroy them easily! Why wait?”

“Because, Chrysalis, they could be helpful! I mean… in a do-gooder pony kind of way.” The Borg Queen stood up. “If we destroy them, we would lose information that could help us take over.”

“That’s correct!” Queen Chrysalis said, smiling evilly. “My changeling army, plus your Borg collective, could take over Equestria in, to quote Rainbow Dash, 10 seconds flat!”

“Plus?” The Borg Queen laughed. “What do you mean, plus? Don’t you mean ʻonly’?”

“Only?” Queen Chrysalis snorted. “Ha. Your army could only assimilate one pony out of many. We changelings once copied almost all of Canterlot!”

“That one pony was the most powerful pony in all of Equestria!” the Borg Queen replied, more than a little annoyed.

“You have no idea that Princesses Luna and Cadence exist, do you?” Queen Chrysalis
muttered. The Borg Queen opened her mouth to send out yet another retort, but was interrupted by the sound of a door opening behind them.

“Hi! Sorry if I’m bursting in unannounced! But me and my friends, we were running from a super scary soldier thing with eye lasers and stuff, and we split up! So, I went this way and I’m going to hide in here, but in case anypony’s in here I didn’t want to be rude, so I announced I was here! So, I’m in here if anypony wants to know!” Pinkie Pie said, then ran to hide someplace.

Queen Chrysalis facehoofed. “You want me to grab her?”

The Borg Queen shook her head. “We know that they’re split up. It’ll make it easier for us to find them.”

“Easier? How?!” Queen Chrysalis rolled her eyes. “If they’re split up, they’re now in groups of one. They were in a group of six earlier! It’s easier to hide if you’re in a group of one. Haven’t you ever heard the #1 rule of Hide-and-go-Seek? It’s to ‘never hide with a partner, it gets you both out’!”

The Borg Queen facepalmed. “This isn’t some childhood game, Chrysalis. Or fillyhood, as you might say. It’s something completely different!”

“Well, then, I think we’re done here!” Chrysalis replied. “Changelings!”

The Borg Queen blinked. “What?”

“I’m calling for my army,” Chrysalis said. “Changeling army! To me!” From the hallways of the giant ship there were sounds of transformation. Then somepony screamed.

“Probably that scaredy-pony Fluttershy. She was probably being chased.” Chrysalis said, as the transformation sounds turned into the buzzing of changeling wings being flapped.

“Chased by one of my soldiers, you mean. Your soldiers don’t chase anyone.” The Borg Queen said in reply. To her surprise, Chrysalis burst out laughing.

“Oh… you really don’t know, do you? My changeling soldiers don’t just turn into ponies, they can transform into other creatures as well! Of course, we don’t really get to show off that fact, since we’ve never actually taken over any place that’s not inhabited by ponies by using our transformation skills…” Queen Chrysalis trailed off, then blinked. “Where was I? Oh, yes, that ‘other creatures’ bit included Borg soldiers as well.”

The Borg Queen raised an eyebrow. “So, you’re betraying us?”

Chrysalis smirked. “I guess I am. Sue me.”

As they had been speaking, the buzzing noise had been getting louder, which signified the changelings getting closer. Now that the changelings were right outside the door, the noise was extremely loud.

Chrysalis smiled. “We’ll be using your transporter room now, my dear Queenie! Ta-ta!” And with that, she transformed into Rainbow Dash and flew out the door.

The Borg Queen followed. “Guards! Stop her!” she shouted. But it was too late.