• Published 30th Jan 2020
  • 424 Views, 3 Comments

Resistance Is Futile - bdoubleowo

  • ...
 3
 424

Ponyville, We Have A Problem

“Twilight, darling, we just barely stopped fighting those vines that hurt the Tree of Harmony. What trouble could we be in now?” Rarity asked, putting her hoof around the purple alicorn.

“You don’t get it, Rarity. There’s only one thing that could stop this, and those are the Elements. But if we remove the Elements, then the Tree of Harmony is in danger! This is a Catch-22!” Twilight was freaking out.

Rainbow Dash looked confused. “What’s a Catch-22?”

Twilight facehoofed. “I have to stop referencing stuff from Sunset’s world…”

Pinkie nodded furiously. “Yes, you do!”

Fluttershy sat down. “You mean… we either risk the Tree and rescue Princess Celestia using the Elements of Harmony…”

“...or we keep the Elements in the Tree and Celestia will be like she was in the letter forever?” Rarity finished Fluttershy’s sentence.

“EXACTLY!” Twilight shouted. “That’s why I’m freaking out here!”

The ponies looked at each other. That’s when Pinkie started screaming.

“TWITCHY TAIL! TWITCHY TAIL! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!” she screamed. Applejack facehoofed.

“Pinkie, that’s just an old legend. The sky can’t fall on us.” Applejack reminded Pinkie.

“Oh really? If Celestia can raise the sun, Luna raises the moon, who raises the sky? It could fall any day now!” Pinkie said, then sat back, satisfied. Applejack rolled her eyes.

There was a knock on the door. Twilight went over to it and said, “What’s the password?”

“We have never had a password to get into the library, Twilight Sparkle. Do we need one now?” said a familiar voice.

“Princess Luna!” Twilight opened the door and Luna stepped inside. Quickly Twilight closed the door behind her.

“So, what brings you to Ponyville, Princess?” Rainbow Dash asked. “Got some villain from Tartarus that needs to have its flank kicked?”

Luna looked at the six ponies. “Not that, but just as bad. I saw the message you sent my sister, and I saw her get captured a little while before it arrived. She came back about a minute after.”

“So, what does that have to do with the price of eggs?” Rainbow asked.

“Nothing. The price of eggs has nothing to do with this conversation. But my sister’s safety does. She has been acting, shall we say, strangely ever since she returned.” Luna sighed. “I don’t know why she’s acting weird, and Discord’s been on my case all morning saying he knows about these things and-”

Applejack held her hoof up. “Wait. Did you say Discord knows about these biped metal creatures?”

“Not in those exact words, but yes. He says he knows about these, quote, biped metal creatures, unquote.” Luna cocked her head. “Is that important?”

Twilight smiled. “Yes! Thank you, Princess! Come on girls! We’re going to Fluttershy’s cottage!”

Fluttershy raised an eyebrow. “Why do we need to go to my cottage?”

Twilight looked at Fluttershy. “Because that’s probably where Discord is right now.”

*At Fluttershy’s cottage*

The six ponies burst through the door. “Man, I’m glad we got out of there!” Rainbow said, out of breath.

“Yeah… let’s just find Discord, talk to him, and then get this over with.” Fluttershy said, shooing Angel away from the carrots. “Angel, you just ate a half an hour ago. Don’t be greedy.”

“Yes, Angel. Don’t be like Rarity when I got ahold of her mind.” Discord’s voice cut through the chatter, and Rarity sharply turned.

“Why, I never!” Rarity clenched her teeth and shouted, “SHOW YOURSELF, DISCORD!”

“Oh, I am.” Discord materialized out of thin air. “Also, person writing this, why not thick air?”

Pinkie ran up to him. “Hey! Fourth wall breaking is my thing!”

Discord laughed. “So, did you want to see me?”

Twilight calmly walked up to him. “Yes, we did. Princess Luna said that you said you knew about the things that were attacking Ponyville about an hour ago?”

“Oh, yes! A bit surprising you weren’t doing anything about it.” Discord said, looking at the ponies.

“Don’t change the subject! Also, we had to give up the Elements because of YOUR stupid mistake with a seed, so YOU shouldn’t be talking!” Rainbow shouted, getting in Discord’s face.

Twilight grabbed hold of Rainbow’s tail with her magic, and pulled the Pegasus down from the sky. “Not necessary, Rainbow. And also, not necessary, Discord.”

“Just tell us what you know already!” Rainbow shouted, while trying to get free.
Discord sighed. “I have a friend who has ran into these things before. His name is Q.”

“Q? Princess, do you know anything about this Q?” Twilight asked Luna. Luna shook her head.

“No, your princess does not know anything about Q.” Luna said. “Perhaps Discord could tell us more?”

Discord laughed. “All I’ll say is that Q told me about this race called the Borg who assimilate planets and races into something called the Borg Collective.”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “The Borg Collective?”

Discord looked down at Applejack. “A hive mind, if you will.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Sounds like a bunch of biped changelings.”

Twilight gasped. “You’re right! Hopefully these Borg won’t find out about the changelings. If they do…”

Pinkie stuck a hoof over Twilight’s mouth. “Don’t jinx us, Purple Smart!”

Twilight removed Pinkie’s hoof. “Sorry. And Pinkie… Don’t call me that!”

Pinkie smiled. “Maybe!”

Twilight groaned.

That was when Spike belched again. A letter was now floating in the air next to him.

“Um...” Spike looked sheepish. “Excuse me.”

“You’re excused, Spike.” Twilight picked up the letter with her magic and levitated it over to her. She opened it up, and started to read.

“Please give this to the nearest Princess. As of today, your planet has been assimilated into the Borg Collective. Resistance is futile.” Twilight looked up.

“Alright, these Borg are asking to be messed with!” Rainbow shouted, and pumped her hoof in the air. “Let’s go!”

“Whoa Nellie! We need a plan. Anyone got one?” Applejack asked.

“I got a plan!” Pinkie said.

“What is it?” asked Applejack.

“The plan is to go get our princess back!” Pinkie said.

“Pinkie… that’s not a plan.” Applejack said.

“Well, it’s the best we got.” Twilight said. “Let’s do this, girls!”