• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 6,776 Views, 247 Comments

YouDash - Capulus



My second second person fic. Rainbow Dash X You.

  • ...
9
 247
 6,776

Chapter 5 - It's About Time!

As you fly towards ‘Dash’s house, you think about the last few weeks training her. You two have become quite close, to the point where ponies had started a few rumours about you both going out. In fact, three fillies calling themselves The Cutie Mark Crusaders had come up with an exceptionally dirty one, that had actually made you do a double take when you found out it’s origin. But that had passed when Rainbow Dash had told a colt who was harassing her that, no, it wasn’t true, you were just friends.

Strangely, when she said this, you actually felt disappointed, and, for some reason, insulted. You had sat up the entire night thinking about it. You still are, now, as you fly towards ‘Dash’s house. You fly up to the windowsill, expecting her to greet you, as she had been doing every day for the last week.

You had finally gotten her into the habit of waking up early, with the help of several buckets of iced water --Which is why you knew that your freezer definitely worked, and that Rainbow Dash could hit really hard when she was annoyed-- and a small air-horn. But, today, she was absent from the window. Confused, you fly up to the sill, and lean your head in. You can hear talking. You strain your ears, and recognise Rainbow’s voice. She is arguing with somepony, judging by her tone. Then the other one speaks, and you recognise it as Fluttershy’s coltfriend.

“Dash, I went through this with Fluttershy. It’s obvious that--”
“Nothing is there? I know!”
“No, Rainbow. It’s obvious that you--”
“Have to finish getting ready for training? I know!”
“Rainbow Dash! I went through this too, alright? Admittedly, I didn’t deny it like you, but I know how you feel. Lov--”
“--ing this conversation? Hardly.”
“Would you let me finish--”
“Getting ready? I was going to say the same thing.”
“Rainbow! It’s obvious that you love him!”
Silence. Your mind reels as you think about this. Of course... She was so adamant that we weren’t together... And he, or, in this case she, who denies the truth most is the one who believes it, and fears it, as Dad used to say. You are pulled away from your thoughts when you hear Rainbow speaking again.

“I... I...”
“Love him? I just said that.”
“But... I can’t...”
“What do you mean, you can’t?”
“I... I loved Fluttershy... I’m into mares, not colts... Right?” Once again, your mind reels. Wh-what? Woah... Hm... That could be interesti-- WHAT THE HAY? You slap yourself to put those thoughts out of your mind. But... Rainbow Dash likes mares? I never would have expected it from her... I mean, yeah, she’s a bit boyish, but that doesn’t mean she’s a fillyfooler... Without realising, you let out a sigh of frustration. The pegasi stop talking as the sound of the sigh reaches them. You grab a piece off of a passing cloud and stick it in yur mouth, to prevent further outbursts. Then the colt starts talking again.
“Rainbow... It’s possible to like both, you know.”
“Wh-what?”
“That’s right. But, back to the matter at hoof. I’ve seen the way he looks at you, too. There’s something between you two. I can tell. But neither of you know the other’s feelings. Well, you know now.” And so do I... You think. Now that I think about it... I do love being around Rainbow Dash... I’m always happy to hang out with her... And that feeling of disappointment and offense... Of course. It’s so obvious.
“But... Why would I love him?”
“Why did you love Fluttershy?”
Silence again.

“I... I... I...”
“Am totally lost for words? That’s right. You loved Fluttershy because you knew her for so long. There was a spark when you first met. Maybe just a small hint of... Infatuation. Her mane, her voice, her personality. All of these are reasons for you to have felt this. Then it grew...” He sighs. “I know that feel. The same thing happened with him. But it seems you fell in love faster, like me. And I’m pretty sure he feels the same way. You should talk to him.”
“Alright. Fine. But, if you’re wrong--” You hear a grunt and a muffled thump, then Dash speaks again, her voice filled with malice.
“--And my heart is broken again, what I did then will seem like nothing.” There is a small grunt, and he says;
“Don’t worry, ‘Dash. It’ll be okay, I promise you.” There is another muffled thump, and you hear his soft hoofsteps as he walks to the door.
“I hope you do tell him, Rainbow.”
“I will. Just go before he gets here, alright?”
“Goodbye, ‘Dash.”

The door opens, and closes. You hear him fly away. Then you realise ‘Dash is coming for her bedroom door. Never in your life had you ever gone from a hovering stop to a top speed dive so quickly. You dive for a few seconds, then pull up, narrowly missing knocking Granny Smith over. The gust of wind that follows you blows a few leaves off the trees nearby. Then you fly back, not only to make it look like you had only just arrived, but so you would be getting there ‘on time’ as well.

You reach the window sill with a few seconds to spare. Luckily your time with the Wonderbolts meant you had a lot of stamina, so all you had to show for your desperate dive was a small bead of sweat that was slowly running down your forehead. You wipe it away just as ‘Dash sticks her head out of the window and waves.
“Hey! I’m up early again!” Rainbow was definitely proud of that fact.
“Good! Spitfire hates late risers. Come on! Let’s get to it!”
“Alright, let’s go!” You are thrown off by this.
“Uh... You don’t have anything to say?” You ask. Rainbow Dash looks at you suspiciously.
“No... Why?”
“Oh, you just look like you have something on your mind, that’s all!” You say, realising that she might figure out that you had heard her argument.
“Well, I do, but first let’s get to training! I’ll tell you after, alright?” You nod in agreement.

She flies out the window, past you. You turn around and smile. Then you both go about the normal warmup routine, and from there, you take her through your next course. It was a sort of challenge between you two. You had to set a course that she would have trouble with. She hadn’t lost yet.

After a long training session, you and Rainbow fly towards Whitetail Woods, and look for a place to rest, as both of you are exhausted from the training. The course you had set had been the most complex yet, and both of you had been flying through it again and again for the past few hours to perfect it.

Now you both collapse under the shade of the nearest tree, and you smile at her weakly.
“Well, that was a workout, wasn’t it?” You say. She nods, breathing heavily.
“It... Certainly was...” You realise how this sounds, and burst out laughing. Rainbow frowns at you. “What... What’s so funny?”
“Think about how what you just said would sound out of context.” You say. She screws up her face as she thinks, then starts laughing as well. You both lay there, in the grass, laughing your heads off.

As you catch your breath, you look over at Rainbow Dash.
“You wanted to tell me something, right? What was it?” Her smile disappears, to be replaced with a look of nervousness. She turns her body away from you, giving you a nice view of her wings.
“I-it was nothing. I figured it out.” She mumbles.
“It doesn’t seem like it was nothing, Dash. Tell me.”
Her only response was a slight trembling of her wings. You place a hoof on the side of her body.
“Please? Rainbow?”
She turns around, and you’re taken aback by the traces of tears in her eyes. The tears make her look… younger. More vulnerable.
“I-”
She shuts her eyes and opens her mouth to speak.
“I love you, dammit!” Her eyes widen as she says this. So do yours. You had known, of course, but it was a shock to hear her say it. You are about to answer when she rolls to her hooves, spreads her wings, and shoots off into the sky.

“Rainbow Dash!” You yell. You spread your own wings, and take off, in pursuit of her. She is flying pretty fast, but she’s tired and you slowly catch up to her. You reach her just as she slows down and lands, exhausted. She spins around as you approach, a blush threatening to set her face on fire.

But you barely slow down as you reach her and hug her tightly. She freezes at the sudden contact. You both go tumbling around on the ground for a bit as your momentum carries you forward. When the world stops spinning, you discover that you are on top of her in a somewhat awkward position. She doesn’t complain, however. After a moment, you sit up.

The two of you stare into each other’s eyes for a long moment. Then, through an unspoken understanding, you both lean in and kiss. You stay there for what feels like an eternity, just enjoying the embrace. But then you break away when you realize you need to breathe. You both take in gulps of air, then she looks at you, a smile on her flushed cyan face. You open your mouth and speak the words that had been preying at the edge of your mind for weeks.
“I love you, Rainbow Dash.”
She kisses you again.
“Say that again.”
“I love you, Rainbow Dash.”
“One more time.”
She leans in to kiss you again, but you place your hoof on her mouth. You stare into her eyes with all the love you could muster, then speak.
“Rainbow Dash, I won’t say that I love you again.”

Her eyes widen and start to water.
“That’s because words aren’t enough, and they never will be. I just can’t tell you how much you mean to me. You’re the color of my world.”
Her tears flow freely as she grabs you with both arms and brings you in for a gentle kiss.

But you feel like throwing something and screaming when you hear the voice of one of the three fillies whose rumours had mares and stallions all over Ponyville in fits of laughter ring out across the forest.
“Hey girls! GIRLS! WE WERE RIIIIGHT!” You look to your left and see the filly Applebloom jumping with joy. “RAINBOW AND... Uh... THIS GUY, SITTIN’ IN A TREE! BEE-YOU-CEE-KAY-EYE-EN-GEE!” You spring up, and look at the foal with a ‘shut up now look’. She smiles cheekily and bolts off.

You turn around, and hug Rainbow again. She hugs you back. She whispers in your ear;
“Do you really mean it?” You tighten your forehooves around her as you whisper back;
“Of course, Rainbow. Why wouldn’t I? You’re perfect. I’d be proud to call you my Marefriend, if you want me too.” You feel her stroke you neck as she whispers back;
“Of course, and it’d be awesome to have an Ex-Wonderbolt as my Coltfriend. I guess I’m just that awesome that you just have to have me.” You both chuckle quietly. Then you pull away and smile at her determined grin.

“So, I’m guessing practice is pretty much done for the day, huh?” She says, as you let go of each other.
“Yep. Wanna go and get something to eat? We were training for longer than I meant to today.”
“Yeah! Let’s go. I’m starving. I wonder if Pinkie’s cooked up anything special? Maybe she’ll have those special Cupcakes again?”
“Hm. Yeah, maybe. Hey, wanna race? Loser has to pay for the food.” She smiles cheekily and kisses you again.

The suddenness of it surprises you, and ‘Dash had obviously planned this, as she uses your moment of surprise to spread her wings and take off, heading for Ponyville. You smile dreamily for a few seconds, then shake your head and realise you’re already losing. You spread your own wings and take off after your new marefriend.

A/N
--Alright, sorry it took so long to get this out. I’ve been starting a lot of new things, namely RP’ing on Bronynet and Tumblr. I’ve also been on DeviantArt, and Minecraft has been taking up my time, as well as a thing at school recently. But, things are settling down, and I hope to get back into updating regularly for y’all! Now, just one last thing. I have two people to thank, (Because of their help with this chapter, in particular) AlkapwnZ (Read his story, NOW dammit.) and PhysicalSound (Read his TOO, dammit.) with their help in getting this out. If it weren’t for you two, well, this would have taken much longer. Thanks, guys.