• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 6,772 Views, 247 Comments

YouDash - Capulus



My second second person fic. Rainbow Dash X You.

  • ...
9
 247
 6,772

Chapter 7 - You Have Got To Be KIDDING Me

A/N
--Alright, I’m putting that line in this chapter, seeing as it is my last chance for it.. Hope you can find it! If nopony can find it in... Four days, I’ll just... Forget the idea. Okay, now, bring on the hate.--

“That’s it ‘Dash! You’re getting it!” You cheer the cyan mare on, as she flies through the air, her eyes shut tight. “That’s it! Just remember to... Watch the clouds...” You trail off as she hits one head on, and floats back, her cheeks red.
“Let’s try it again, I guess...” She looks over at you and pulls off a mock salute.
“Aye aye, boss!” She turns and goes back to the start of the course you had set, and takes off again.

You look around, thinking about the last week, and wondering how it had gone so fast. Rainbow and you had gotten even closer, and now spent most of your time together. Rainbow had been wanting to train so much, even you had started to feel a bit tired. But ‘Dash had demanded that you train even more as the Tryouts approached.

Now you were both in Cloudsdale, and training in the Cloudaseum, being cheered on by her friends. You remember being shocked at the fact that the two unicorns and two earth ponies had been able to walk on the clouds as though they were normal ground.

But you were used to it now, and were thankful Rainbow Dash’s friends were there to give her confidence. She had been a bit on edge, despite your efforts to keep her calm. Now it was showing in her performance. As she flew, you could see that she was concentrating as hard as she could. She flew, dived, flipped, turned, and finally, at long last, reached the end of the course with her eyes shut firmly tight.

Rainbow lands on the cloud at the end of the course and opens her eyes, looking around in surprise. You fly over to her and hug her;
“You did it! Great job!” You break away and give her a small kiss on the cheek. She looks at you and smiles;
“I couldn’t have done it without your help...” You look at the clock above the Cloudaseum, and smile as you see the time.

You pat Rainbow’s shoulder.
“It’s almost time to go and get ready, ‘Dash. I can just feel that you’re gonna blow ‘em away!” She smiles and gives you a kiss on the cheek;
“Thanks...” Then she spreads her wings and looks around.
“Should we maybe do one more sessi-

But ‘Dash is interrupted as you hear two familiar voices calling out to you. You look up, and smile when you see your two closest friends flying down to meet you.
“Soarin’! Spitfire! I haven’t seen you two in weeks!” As Spitfire lands you smiles as she grabs you in a tight hug. She had always been one for hugs when she was in her ‘private persona’ and not training you ‘til you collapsed. She breaks away and Soarin’ offers his hoof. You shake it happily.

“So, how ya been, guys? Has it been boring without me around?” Spitfire laughs and says;
“Haha, it’s been quieter at least. So, what about you? Used to waking up late yet?” You chuckle and say;
“Ha! I’ve been waking up normal time, every day. I’ve been training Rainbow Dash for the past few weeks. She really wants to be a Wonderbolt.” You say, pointing to the blushing cyan mare.
“Oh, you mean the Best Young Flier?” Spitfire asks, looking at Rainbow and smiling.
“Yeah, the one who did the Sonic Rainboom.”
“Well, I’m pretty sure she has a good chance, with skills like hers.” Spitfire winks at her.
“That’s great! And she’s gotten into the habit of waking up early, too. So that’s one thing you don’t have to worry about.”
“Like I did with you? If I remember right, it took about a week, and a bucket of ice cold water every day.” You laugh quietly as you remember using the same technique. Rainbow chuckles awkwardly, and you notice she is trying not to look at Soarin’.

“So, found anypony special yet?” Spitfire looks at you curiously.
“Uh... Yeah, actually. Rainbow Dash.” Soarin’ raises his eyebrows, and looks at ‘Dash, a small frown on his face.
“Hm... Hey, Rainbow, I think I might have a few tips for you to fly a little faster. Mind talking to me in private for a minute?” He says, and you are surprised with the sharpness of his tone. ‘Dash nods weakly and follows Soarin’ as he flies over to the stands.

You look at Spitfire in confusion, and are surprised to see her looking at you the same way.
“What’s that about?” You ask Spitfire. She shrugs.
“I dunno. Soarin’ didn’t look very happy...”
“Which means he was incredibly pissed off.” You say, remembering seeing that side of the normally laid back stallion only once or twice over the years.
“That’s right. But why?”
“Don’t ask me, you’re his marefriend, Spitfire.”
“Ex-marefriend. I broke up with him when I found out he was cheating.”
“Why didn’t you tell me?”
“Well, the last few weeks with us you were kinda... Out of it.”
“Because I wanted out of it, I guess... Why’d you break up with him?”
“He was cheating on me. She broke up with him, and that’s when he decided to tell me. Hah.” Spitfire laughs humourlessly.

You sigh.
“Sorry to hear that, Spitfire.”
“Don’t be. We’re becoming friends again, slowly... But it’ll be a long time before I trust him again...” Spitfire looks over to the stands, just as Soarin’ and ‘Dash return. Rainbow has tears running down her cheeks. She turns to you, and you are shocked at the look in her eyes. Before she can open her mouth, you grab Soarin’s mane and drag him away, with him crying out in surprise as you do. Once you get far enough away from the shocked Spitfire and still-crying Rainbow, you slam Soarin’ against the wall.
“What did you say to her?” You yell. Soarin’ tries to get away. You have to resist the urge to punch Soarin’ in the face as he squirms to get away.

“Soarin’! Why is she crying like that?” You say again. He looks you right in the eye.
“I was trying to stop you getting your heart broken, man!” He says. You do a double take, stepping backwards and releasing Soarin’, who looks at you, gritting his teeth.
What?” You say, trying to make sense of his statement.
“I don’t wanna see you get hurt! That blue... Monster already ruined my relationship with Spitfire!” You wince as he says this.

“H-how...?” You ask, afraid to hear his answer.
“She seduced me... Then, after we had been... Seeing each other for a few weeks... She tried to use me to get into the Wonderbolts. When I told her that I couldn’t do that, she broke up with me...” Soarin’ says, with a deep sigh.

Needless to say, you are shocked.
“S-so... She was just...” You break off, not wanting to say the words. Soarin’ puts a hoof on your shoulder.
“Using you, man... She doesn’t love you.” Soarin’ says sadly. You grit your teeth, trying to fight back tears.
“B-but...”
“She fooled me too. Hell, we probably aren’t the first she’s tricked.” He says.
“I’m sorry, man... I wish I didn’t have to tell you this... You don’t have to worry. I confronted her, told her that she wasn’t fooling anypony.”
“Except me!” You yell. Soarin’ looks taken aback.
“Wh-what? It’s just... Just a dating thing, right?” You grit your teeth.
“N-no... I fell in love with her, dammit!” You yell, again.

Soarin’ winces.
“Listen man... I’m sorry.” You scowl.
“Don’t be. This is just as well. This way I can end it... So she doesn’t break my heart by just leaving.” Before Soarin’ can say another word, you turn around and gallop off, heading back to Spitfire and Rainbow.

As you approach, a scowl still on your face, Rainbow is hugging Spitfire, crying still. As you get closer, Rainbow sees you, and runs towards you. She tries to hug you when she reaches you, but you step away, causing her to hug empty space. ‘Dash looks at you, confused.
“Wh-what’s wrong?” She asks. You look away.
“You can drop the act. Soarin’ told me everything.”
“Wh... What? Wait! No!” She looks at you, her eyes pleading, walking towards you slowly.
“Drop it, Rainbow! I now you’re just using me! I can’t believe I loved you!” You say, before spreading your wings.
“I hope you enjoy tryouts, ‘Dash. Good luck.” You say, snarling.

Before she can say another word, you take off and fly away, tears streaming down your face as you fly.
“DAMMIT!” You scream, as you fly as fast as you can away from Cloudsdale.
“I CANNOT BELIEVE I WAS SO STUPID!” You yell, as loudly as you can, forcing ponies on the ground to look up in shock.

You fly for miles, until you finally arrive at Ponyville. Not wanting to go to your house, you change course and head towards Whitetail wood. You land heavily in a small clearing and close your eyes, taking a few deep breaths.
“Th-that... E-evil...” Your growl as you think about ‘Dash.

After an hour or two of quiet brooding, you look around and fly up, landing on a cloud and lying down, wanting to sleep for hours after such a draining few hours. As you close your eyes, you remember the times spent with ‘Dash, and tears roll down your cheeks. You lay there for what feels like hours, although it couldn’t have been more than a few minutes, before finally drifting off into an uncomfortable sleep.

As you wake up, to the setting sun, you look down as you realise there is a familiar weight on you. Rainbow Dash is snuggled close to your chest, her eyes red, her cheeks wet with tears. You are about to throw her off when she starts muttering under her breath, not realising you’re awake.
“Sorry... So sorry... Never felt this way... Don’t hate me... I love you...” She says, crying as she speaks. Your eyes widen as she continues.
“Not even Fluttershy made me feel this way... I’m so sorry... I... I wanted that at first... B-but... I fell in love...” You surprise her when you lean down and tilt her head up with a hoof, pulling her into a deep kiss.

Her eyes widen and she smiles softly as you pull away. She hugs you.
“I’m so sorry... I...” You put a hoof on her mouth, silencing her.
“‘Dash... I know... I... I... I’m still hurt, though...” You say, with a sigh. She sighs as well, and rolls off of you, kneeling next to you. You do the same, and she looks into your eyes as the sun sets.
“Why d’you think I’m here?” She asks.

You look at her, confused.
“To... To apologise?” You say. She groans.
“Remember your first night here?” She says. You think back a few weeks.
“Yeah, we played ‘Would you rather.” Why?” She looks right at you.
“What question did you ask me?” She asks. Thinking harder, you say;
“Would you rather... Rather be with the Wonderbolts or the love of your life.” You say, your eyes widening as you realise what she means. The tryouts... She only could’ve gotten here in time if... Rainbow leans in and kisses you. As she breaks away, she stares deeply into your eyes.

“I finally have an answer.”



The end.

Comments ( 59 )

DAAMMMMNNNNNN DAT ENDING!

1386368 Good thing?

1386392 So... Good?

1386402 but of course, loved it... you should do a epilogue:like looking at thier lives 5 years later

1386467 Ah, y'see, after I finish this 'series', if you will, I'm doing one last story on the subject. It's gonna have one chapter dedicated to each couple, and how things ended up for them. :D

YAY, So glad to see this done. :pinkiehappy:

1386479 I hope you liked it. :D

1386534 Aye, That I did.
Although I spotted 2 mistakes but for the love of Celestia I can't find them again.

The end? wait! it still says incomplete!

1386698 FUCK. Thanks.

You got to be kitten me after a long wait its over? *shit well off to another story!

1386750 I'll be doing another new one, Red Twilight next.

Wait....fuck what was the answer?

1386758 She chose 'you'. She left the tryouts, and missed her chance to be a Wonderbolt.

Well, time to re-read

1386767 Hope you re-enjoy.

Wow. I look a Dumbass after I looked at my comments

1386792 It's a good ending? I was afraid I would get hate for it...

1386796 No you didn't. It stands to reason that it might be misunderstood.

1386808 Really? I would think executing a beginning-ending loop that didn't suck would get nothing but love.

1386871 Whaddya mean by 'beginning-ending loop'?

:twilightoops: Dammit, I need to actually sit down and learn this stuff properly one day...

I kinda saw that ending coming the moment Soarin tells "you" about Rainbow Dash. It seems to be the only really fitting way of finishing this story on a high note.

1386879 In the beginning of your story, you had the "would you rather" moment, which was referenced and then answered through your ending. As such, a loop was formed :twilightsmile:

1387065 So... Is it bad that you saw it coming? :duck:

1387068 Woot. Funny thing is, I didn't even plan on doing that. It just... Happened. I'm lucky, I guess. :D

1387130 I had to slip the reference in. XD

1387076 Not really. As I said, it was a fitting ending, which also means I enjoyed it.

I didn't notice that it was complete until I read the end.

I'm sad it's over, but that just means you did a good job with the story.

Tein outta Tein! Or if you rather 7/7 Asses! I loveded it! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

....The feels. THE FEELS!
Nicely done, that was a well done fic.

1386473 I would do it as Dash eventuaully getting into the wonderbolts a year later and him joining, they get married and after three years they leave to start a family.

1389780 Interesting... Maybe.

1390253 Thats what I am my friend, an ideas man, feel free to ask me anything anytime.

Not to shabby mate great ending

1390253 How about an aftermath for this story? Like you did with FlutterYou?

Oh god. This was just BRILLIANT! GOOD WORK!

1390561: As I said in an earlier comment, I am planning to do an entire story, with one chapter dedicated to each of these, solely about the aftermath. And I'm going to be referencing them in YouNa, even if it is just a passing comment, or something. I want to make it clear that every one of them is going to be happening in the same universe.

1390499, 1390737:
denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw5324-rarity-thankyou.png

The ending was awesome, even if it felt a little bit rushed. And you made me want to punch both soarin and rainbow dash in the face. With a chair.
Overall, the story was good and well worth my time

Cant wait for more stories in the you series, though, i think you should cut away spme of the characters in the queue for it, i would rater have longer or more frequent updates of the mane six and other main characters rater than having tons of stories of background ponies.

1393187 Good point. I'll go through my list and cut out the ones I don't think'll be overly great.

The whole story was so enjoyable! I loved it a lot!
You should be proud of yourself dude!

...the fuck did i just read?

1406846 It was that bad? :twilightoops:

1407898
WELLLLLLL................. your story was good, this chapter was good, it was pretty much all good, but even in the realm of My Little Pony, where everyone(or everypony, if you so desire) is super nice and forgiving, even THAT is too much forgiveness!!! There was hardly an explanation for anything on Dash's part, and I felt gipped. Bamboosled. Snozwangled, Cadswalloped, and many more un-sayable words that I don't feel like typing up! Don't get me wrong, I really liked your story, but I felt that there was just WAY too much forgiveness. I feel that if Dash had explained why she had acted up and gone and screwed the possible relationship. It might just be me, but it just didn't feel natural to me. I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I'm really analytic about these sort of things. So, if it is just me, I give you five mustaches good sir! :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Login or register to comment