• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 6,767 Views, 247 Comments

YouDash - Capulus



My second second person fic. Rainbow Dash X You.

  • ...
9
 247
 6,767

Chapter 6 - Confessions

A/N
--WOO! New chapter. I'm really sorry if it seems a bit rushed. It kinda is. I was listening to some really fast songs when I was writing it, and when I listen to fast music, I type fast. Sorry. Anyway, ENJOI.--
E/A/N

You and Rainbow walk into Sugarcube corner, arguing again.
“I won! It was so obvious!” She says. You grin and say;
“Well, I don’t know where you learned what winning means, but usually it isn’t when both racers cross the finish line at the same time.”
“You don’t know that!”
“What? Never mind. Look, if we call it a tie, we both win. Isn’t that good enough?” She smiles and says;
“Nah, I won. That’s that.” You sigh and kiss her on the cheek.
“Whatever you say, Rainbow.”

You walk up to the counter and are greeted by the violently pink Pinkie Pie.
“Hiya! What can I get for you two today? Anything special for you two lovebirds?” You and Rainbow wince in surprise as she says this. You say, weakly;
“A...And how did you know we’re going out Pinkie?” She laughs and says;
“I didn’t until you just said so, silly! Keep up!” She laughs again, and rainbow looks ready to gut her.

You put your hoof around her and lead her away from Pinkie Pie, right out the door. Rainbow looks really angry all of a sudden, and you’re slightly worried that she may have hurt Pinkie if you two had stayed. You nudge her once you’re at a safe distance from Sugarcube Corner, and say;
“Hey, ‘Dash. What was that about?” She throws off your hoof and starts to trot away.

You catch up to her. “Rainbow! What’s wrong? You looked like you were ready to kill her in there. What did she do? It was just a bit of fun.”
“Not for me. I wanted to tell everypony myself, not have it spread through her.”
“You don’t know that she’s going to tell everypony!”
“Hmph. Maybe she won’t, and that’s a big maybe, but somepony else will have heard.”
“Why does this mean so much to you?”
“Because... Because you’re the first pony I’ve ever gone out with.”
“I’m the first to go out with you? You, the awesomest Pony ever?”
“Yes, alright! I never went out with anypony else because... Because I was in love with somepony else...” Of course... I’m such an idiot. You think, remembering what you overheard at ‘Dash’s house.

“You’re probably wondering why, right?” You want to say no, but you have a feeling she needs to vent. So you decide to play it safe.
“Only if you’re willing to tell me, Dash. Otherwise I’ll forget it now.” She looks at you, and bites her lip. Then she spreads her wings.
“Follow me.” She says. Then, not waiting for a response, she takes off.

You quickly follow her, wondering where you’re going. You fly towards a small cloud on the edge of town, and land on it, next to Rainbow. She looks wretched, as if fighting some kind of internal battle. You hug her tightly, and kiss her. When you break away, you look her straight in the eyes. Then, you make a decision.

“Rainbow. I know.” Her eyes widen, and she opens her mouth to speak. The she shuts it, and closes her eyes. Then, with barely controlled anger, she says;
“Know what?” You take a deep breath, and say;
“That you loved Fluttershy.” You close your eyes and brace yourself as she slaps you. You open them again, and say;
“Alright, I deserved that.”
“Hell yes you did! You eavesdropped on me! You... You knew... And yet you were still willing to make me say that to you...”
“Look, how can I make this up to you? Tell me, and it’s done.”
“There’s nothing you can say. You had a happy foalhood. You probably grew up in a big apartment in Manehattan, and never had to worry about any of this shit!” You can’t help yourself. You let out a bark of laughter.

She looks at you with malice and says;
“And what the buck is so funny?”
“Hmph. I just realised I haven’t told you about my foalhood. Most of my earliest years were spent begging for bits with my brothers and sister. And we didn’t exactly live in a big apartment. No, more like a small two bedroom place. The building it was in was so small... Well... Let’s just say we were lucky to have a separate bathroom and kitchen.” She gasps.
“I... I’m sorr--”
“Don’t be. Just let me finish, alright? Well, when I learnt to fly, I knew I had talent. I really had talent. Then, one night, when I was about sixteen, I found out about this street race. It was illegal, and I knew it. But I went, and raced. Well, somehow, I won. And I have to say, my mother never looked happier than when I brought that huge bag of bits into the house. They didn’t care how I’d gotten it. All that mattered was that we had money. We had been close to eating the towels. So, I kept racing, and kept winning. Then, when I turned twenty, the race I was in was crashed by the police. Almost everypony got away, but I was one of the ones they caught. When mum finally found out how I’d been getting the bits, well, she looked heartbroken. I had told her when she had finally decided to ask that I had gotten a good job. Well, as for what happened next... The only way to explain it is that Celestia was feeling generous. Spitfire had been visiting a cop friend of hers, and, for a reason she still hasn’t told me, she came over to where me and mum were arguing, and told me that she had heard about the circumstances I had been arrested in. She then turned to my mum, and said that if I was willing to do some honest work, I could come to the next Wonderbolt tryout, and see about getting a place with them. I still don’t know why she did that, but I went, and they liked my flying, and that’s when I became a Wonderbolt. But I’ll never forget those days of racing. Or, more accurately, nights.” You take a deep breath as you stop talking, feeling light headed from telling such a long story. Then you look at Rainbow, fearing her reaction.

A few emotions cross her face, including anger, disgust, and pride. But then she settles for a warm smile. She hugs you, and whispers in your ear;
“You did what was right. I can’t judge you for that. And it all turned out okay, so that’s great.” Then she breaks away. “But it’ll still take me a while to forgive you for eavesdropping on me!”
“Well, I didn’t know what I was eavesdropping on. I promise that I’ll only listen in to unimportant discussions from now on. If I have a feeling it’s important, I’ll stop, alright?” She smiles, then punched your shoulder softly.

 “Ha ha, smartass. Look, now that we’ve dealt with the sappy moment, can we go and get something to eat?”
“You mean like we were going to do before you looked ready to kick Pinkie’s head in? Sure!”
“You know why that pissed me off!”
“Good point. Hey, how about a rematch? I feel like another race to Sugarcube Corner.” You stand up on the cloud, and stretch your wings. But Rainbow Dash falls onto her back.
“Oh man, another race?” She whines. You’re surprised by this, but sigh and flop down next to her.
“Alright, maybe later.” She smiles and says;
“Let me finish. I was going to say: Another race to Sugarcube Corner? You’re on!” She leaps up and shoots off.

“Oh, dammit!” You roll off of the cloud, and fall into a dive. Then your wings shoot out, and you pull up, trying to use your momentum to catch up with the cyan mare. Bloody hell, Rainbow... You could give Spitfire a run for her money. You think, remembering the fiery pegasus using similar tricks in races. You smile at the memory, and speed after Rainbow.