• Published 20th Jan 2020
  • 593 Views, 18 Comments

The Lost Secret of Twilight - Dark Rose 777



Discoveries of a old scroll, written before it's time, and within it lies an ancient magic of old.

  • ...
1
 18
 593

The Other Sides (Part 4)

". . . I never realized just how difficult this is! This is absurd! You're saying I must chose?! No, no, no! Absolutely not! I refuse! This is-!"

"Impossible? Unthinkable? Why would you do this? Dare you do this? How on earth can you be expected to make such a choice because it something nopony should ever have to make and yet, here you are? Indeed. I've been there. I've done what you're doing and trust me, It does not get any easier. Now be sensible, dear! Time is of the essence!"

"Wait, wait, wait, please! Hang on! I have just one question, and I believe you owe me an answer! After everything I've just gone through to prove my self-worth, it is the very least you can do!"

"Very well."

"Why me?"

A pair of eyes blinked gently at her, snow white pupils framed by swirling rainbow irises. "Tis' your fate, dearest," came the answer.

Her fate. Her fate? She knew her fate, and this was certainly not it! "And what happens, should I chose not to make this choice that is such a matter of life and death? What happens?"

"YOU SHALL NOT ENTERTAIN SUCH THOUGHTS!!!" How? How? There is no way she should be able to resist. . ."You have a day to think about it. . ."

The voice, so rich and crisp, faded into the haunting darkness, taking all light and love with it. She awoke in a cold sweat, gasping for breath. Her hair was atrocious, and she was wrapped in a chrysalis of sheets.

A day to think about it? Think about what? Why was this thing so important? Why was the "choice" she was "making" so difficult?

Mother always said 'Too many questions, too little time.' Hmm. . . Well, I do have a day to think about it!

Her sapphire blue eyes snapped open, taking in her surroundings. She was in her room, in her high canopy bed. The sun was just starting to show it's rays, the sky above a kaleidoscope of melting pinks, blues and yellows. She stared at the picture-pretty scene, the cogs in her head spinning faster and faster. Such a cheery sight compared to her life right now. She yawned, and, like a refined lady, wrestled the sheets for dominance, whipped them aside, and got out of her bed, as graceful as could be.

She slinked over to her bathroom, toe to heel, her feet making nary a sound on the beautifully black-and-white tiled floor. She pushed open the French doors, and disappeared inside. She sighed. In a life like this, having an arranged marriage had it's perks, but sometimes, she wished it was more simple. She was always going somewhere, always preparing, it got really tiresome, despite how dull her life had previously been. She hardly ever got time to spend with her husband, and she literally never had time to herself. She missed her simple life. She missed. . . them.

"Mistress, the prince wishes thy presence, post-haste!"

She screamed, her feet slipping. The damned servants ALWAYs had bad timing!

"Mistress! Are you alright?! Shall I send for-"

"NO! No, BlueCloud! That won't be necessary!" She frantically replied, scrambling to get her bearings amidst the rushing water and slick ceramic.

"Well-"

"BLUECLOUD!! I'M. . .! I'm fine. I'll tap the bell when I'm ready for you, alright darling? Just please-Oh!"

"Mistress?!"

"Leave, please!" came the response. BlueCloud frowned. Mistress's voice was always cool and composed, but she sounded as though she were o the verge of tears! Nevertheless, an order had been given, and she had to oblige. she walked a away, closing the door behind her.

***

Another long, exhausting day come and gone. She sighed, reclining into the cushions.

"Dearest, a package came in the sending for you."

"Oh? Why, thank you, Blue Blood. Who's it from?

Prince Blue Blood, High Tier Ruler of Unicornia, and her husband, clicked his tongue with disdain, and glared at her.

She winced, composed herself, and tried again. "Dearest, sweetie, I thank you with upmost sincerity. Pray, from who is the package from?"

"That's better!" he snapped. "A lady as lucky as you should know better that to talk to me like I'm some common rabble!" he chided, carelessly tossing a small, purple and white box threw the air. Scoffing, he turned on his heel, and stalked out, the doors slamming behind him with a resounding thud.

She leapt up, hands fumbling for the little box arcing through the air towards her. "GOTCHA!!" she declared.

Nearby handmaids stared down at her incredulously. She blushed, and quickly scrambled to her feet, dusting herself off. "Ahem, that's enough cleaning for now, thank you! Dismissed!" her chin tiled towards the ceiling, and she watched through slitted eyes as the women dropped what they were doing and left her in peace, the double doors closing with a quiet click.

She sighed with relief and plunked down, soft blue magic picking at the box's purple ribbon impatiently. The was a black, triangle tag attached, but she paid it no mind. The box opened, revealing a large, perfectly cut, sapphire. Her eyes widened in in joy and disbelief. She looked around quickly, and ever so gently, scooped the large jewel into her hands. A high-pitched, yet quiet squealed bounced throughout the room, as she danced through the room in pure joy.

She spun to a stop, hugging the gem to her bosom, and gazed at it adoringly. She simply could not wait to get it fitted! Her albino-white hand passed over the reflecting surface. her mind began t wonder. She looked at the remains of the little box laying on the teal couch. Why would give this to her? Why?

She looked down at the jewel again, her hand rubbing the surface again. She blinked. . . and apparently missed it.

"Wha. . . What?! Where am I?!" Pure darkness. Everywhere. It was just her. Her and her gem. No, surely not! Not again!

"Rarity!!!! The voice faded in and out.

"What!? Yes!? Who's there?!!"

"Rarityy. . .! You. . .must. . .accept!!

"Accept!? Accept what?!

"Your destiny. . .! What do you want most in this life. . .?" The voice grew steadily clearer and closer.

Her destiny? What she wanted most. . .? "I. . . want. . ." Tears pricked at her eyes, and she squeezed them shut. Emotion bubbled over and she lost all rhythm and reason. A warm sensation swirled up her legs, slowly spinning her counter-clock-wise. Rarity's eyes opened wide, blinding light pouring from her eyes and mouth, as her previous life flashed before her. The sensation encased, and she lost all sense of touch, utterly weightless. Her arms spread outward, and her back arched in the snow-angle position. The jewel began glow softly, sapphire rings of pure energy pulsing towards the young girl.

"I want to help my people. . . I accept. . ." She disappeared in a flash of brilliant and azure light, leaving the darkness to take over, once again.

"Good choice, my precious, dark diamond. I shall retrieve you, one day. . ."

The doors slammed open, revealing a beet-faced Prince. "RARITY!! THIS IS NOT THE .. . .time for. . ."

The room was empty. There was no sign she existed, save for the little purple and white box, it's triangular, black tag flutter helplessly in the slight breeze from the opened windows.

". . . Your games?"

Blue Blood gaped. Where had she gone?

Author's Note:

Hello,
Please enjoy. Imma hit the sack before my eyes closed and I wake up on the stairs in the dreaded morning. Goodnight.