• Published 20th Jan 2020
  • 594 Views, 18 Comments

The Lost Secret of Twilight - Dark Rose 777



Discoveries of a old scroll, written before it's time, and within it lies an ancient magic of old.

  • ...
1
 18
 594

Chapter 4: Dreams v. Reality

The five girls smiled at each other at the little girl's excitement and disbelief.

"Yes, Twilight, that's the element of Magic," Gentle responded.

"And its YOURS for the taking!" Lilac proclaimed, her smile grower wider by the minute.

Twilight could scarcely believe it-the ELEMENT OF MAGIC was HERS. Magic, the most powerful tool known to Equestria- scratch that, Equus- was hers. "B-but. . . How?!"

Blazing Light bent to her knees, making eye contact with Twilight. "Because you are the only soul for millennia even close enough to represent all that Magic is for. All of us," She stood and gestured to all of them, "represent something. But Magic represents all the element of harmony, and you have piece of each in your soul, making you the perfect candidate for a Bearer."

Bearer. As in Starswirl, a bearer. "Like Starswirl?"

Kind Breeze flinched at the child-like question. Wow, I forgot she was only six! This might be harder than I previously thought! She looked Gentle, who nodded in response.

"Yeah, sugar. An' besides, the element chose you personally! Who are we to say no?" Steady Truth said.

"Wow. . ." Twilight murmured. Then she realized. "Wait, the Element of Magic is pure magic, right?" she asked excitedly.

"Magic is magic is magic!"Lilac chirped. Her sisters stared at her blankly.

"Uh, yeah, okay, sure. . ." Blazing looked at Steady. What the hay?

Twilight completely dismissed Lilac's comment. "So how do I use it!?"

"Use it?" her new friends asked simultaneously. Twilight gave them a deadpanned look.

"OH!" Lilac caught on. "No, no, no! Hehe! The element of magic is sentient, silly! You can't use it willy-nilly! It DECIDES whether you GET to use the magic it has. Which means no magic lessons, sorry. Using the Element of Magic has to be earned, not taught."

"But if I didn't earn it, how is it mine?" Twilight asked.

The question took the girls aback, and their faces clearly showed it. Gentle and Kind stepped back, stunned. Blazing was mentally smacking herself. How had they not thought of that? Twilight looked at the glistening jewel in her hands, looking for answers. She found none, just a shiny, hard surface that stared back at her.

"We don't know. But I'm sure Magic knows, and the answer should be explained in due time," Kind said.

"So enough of the statistics! We got a ton of answers and not a lot of questions! Let's do something else!" Lilac suggested, bouncing a little ways away from the group, the starry surface beneath her feet flickering as she did so.

"Uh, you mean, a ton of questions, and not a lot of answers?" Blazing corrected.

"Yeah, that! Now c'mon!" Lilac appeared behind them, grabbing Twilight's hand. "Let's go explore!"

The group lifted off, floated through layers of stars. twilight marveled at the sight, the brilliant colors swirling and intertwining with one another, stars fighting each other for the spotlight. Her father, Night Light, had once told her that each star was a galaxy, a a whole unexplored universe with planets, a sun, and ever more stars. There were more stars in the universe than grains of sands on beaches, leaves in trees. Twilight had never believed those statements until now. Stars were virtually uncountable. Twilight also knew that she probably the first equestrian mortal to see this sight. The thought made her smile. Discoveries in indeed.

The group sang and played together as they danced among the celestial entities, laughter echoing everywhere. The girls' white dresses shone brightly like shooting stars. It was such a happy place, and Twilight never wanted to leave. the last thing she saw was a happy smile in her reflection.


~

"Morning, sis."

The deep voice woke her. Twilight sat up quickly, her eyes quickly focusing on her older brother. He was siting on her bed. Her bed. She was here, at home. She wasn't in dreamscape. It was a dream. Of course! Twilight groaned, closed her eyes, and flopped back down. She wanted to go back. "Go away!"

"Well, what do you expect, Twily? It's really late and you need to get up. It's noon. " Her older brother stated firmly.

Twilight Sparkle turned groggy eyes to her brother, who leaning casually on her door frame. Then it hit her.

"Wait, its NOON!?" She couldn't believe it! She had never in her life slept this late! It was a crime against her precious study time! She scrambled around her room, books, papers, and clothes flying about as she tore through her room. By the time she found something suitable to wear, and was presentable for school, her room was a royal mess. Her brother was now cowering underneath his shield of pure energy. Twilight giggled at the sight.

"I'm done!" she announced.

Shining Amour slowly lowered his shield. After making sure the coast was clear, he got a good look at his little sister's room, and his mouth fell open, shocked. "Your room. . . Oh, Celestia! Twily! Mom's gonna be so mad!"

"Well, she's gonna be madder if I'm not in school," Twilight countered, frowning.

"You don't have school today."

"I don't?"

"No. . ."

"Oh." Twilight looked around at her room. Well, this is a problem, she thought. Then she noticed what her brother was wearing. "What are you wearing?"

"Nothing! Clean your room, before mom finds out!" His face flushed and he quickly left, leaving Twilight to her own devices. His footsteps thundered down the ornate stairs.

Twilight heard him converse with her parents for the whole of five seconds, before the front doors slammed. Twilight smiled. Of course. Shiny never left the house this quickly unless it was to see Princess Cadance.
She began picking up her things slowly, mulling over the past few hours. That was some dream she'd had! She thought it was real; she never imagined she'd come up with something like. She smiled, remembering the flight tricks Blazing Light had preformed, jokes Lilac Jump had said, Kind Breeze's touch, Steady Truth's advice, and the way Gentle Wave crafted Twilight's style.
She'd had so much fun in the stars with all of them, she was sad it was just a dream. How she wished it was real. She touched her hair, and jerked her hand back in surprise. Gentle Wave had braided her straight hair and folded the braid over her head, leaving small curls to brush against her cheeks. Twilight remembered how much Gentle had raved over her new look. And it was still there! The braid was messy, but still wrapped over her head! Twilight looked around frantically, and then pinched her self, wincing. She wasn't dreaming! The braid on her head was a s real as the bed frame in front of her. Then a rose-colored glint of light caught her attention. Twilight made her way slowly over to her nightstand. An opened letter lay half-folded on the dark wood. Twilight didn't recall seeing the letter before, so she picked it up and opened it. A a dark, indigo-colored velvety pouch slipped out and lightly bounced on her bed. Twilight glanced at it, then looked at the letter. It was a short message. It read:

"Dear Bearer, you dropped this on your way back. Count on seeing us again!"
~ EOH

In a trance-like state, Twilight dazedly picked up the pouch and shook it, the object inside falling into her hand. It was a magenta-colored, six-sided star. The Element of Magic. There was no doubt in Twilight's mind, that that was what this was. It hadn't been a dream. It was real! She whirled around, and headed downstairs; she couldn't wait to tell her parents all she had learned and seen. Should I tell them, she wonder as her little legs pumped down the stairs. They never said no. . .

"MOM!! DAD! You'll never guess what I've . .. Found? Where'd everyone go?" The place was completely empty. "Huh? Mom? Dad? BBBFF? Hello?"

Let her go!

As long as she is in my grasp, she shall never be free~

She's just a little girl, she knows nothing! And neither do they!

Oh?

LAUGHTER!!

Sorry!

They? Oh please, do divulge more. I created you, remember? It's least you can do. . .

Voices. And some of them sounded familiar. "Hello? W-who's there- Memf!" Something slammed into her mouth, and her body stilled, completely stiff. A warm sensation settled around her, the air around her growing steadily thick and sticky. Twilight tried to scream for help, to move, anything. But she was frozen still. Twilight couldn't breath-She couldn't even move!

LET HER GO!!!!

"Help. . . me. . . !"