• Published 20th Jan 2020
  • 593 Views, 18 Comments

The Lost Secret of Twilight - Dark Rose 777



Discoveries of a old scroll, written before it's time, and within it lies an ancient magic of old.

  • ...
1
 18
 593

Chapter 2: Into the Land of Dreams

Twilight stared into complete darkness, stunned speechless at what Lilac had revealed. Sisters? Impossible! She had only just met Lilac Jump minutes ago; they certainly weren't blood-related! She was pretty sure her parents would have said something, and besides, if they really were sisters, why had Lilac come out now? Why now? Why not sooner? . . .You set me free, that's how I know. . . the thought looped in her head. Twilight blinked and shook her head to clear it. "So," She started and her voice broke. "S-so, I set y-you free-e? What does that mean?!"

"Yes, you've set me free, which is a dream come true, and it means everything to me." Lilac's response was soft, her voice reflecting a fond tone. "You're safe with me! I pllomise! There's nothing at all to worry about!" She stated cheerfully.

"Lilac?" Twilight started again, her eyes wide.

"Mm?" Lilac turned to her little charge. Despite the darkness, Lilac could see her.

Before Twilight could respond, and unbeknownst to her, a another voice spoke: "Little one, reassured that thee and thy friends shall join ye in due time. . ."

"Lilac, welcome home, sister. We've missed you dearly! Is this her?" Twilight heard another voice, crisp and airy, laced with the northern Manehattan accents, and a hint Canterlot.

"Gentle Wave! Yepperonie, this is her!"

Once again, before Twilight could open her mouth to speak, the darkness began to fade, replaced by different shades of blue and purple. Sapphire, cyan, and soft baby blues surrounded her on all sides, encasing her in pure beauty. the colors began to cull and thicken mixing together. Purple was dotted here and there. Hints of pinks and indigo glowed brightly, and white shining lights, some brighter and bigger that others, were scattered everywhere and as far as the eye could see. The whole scene seemed like something out of a watercolor painting.
Twilight slowly spun in a circle, her mouth open in pure awe as she drank in the pulsing sight. "Wha. . what is this place?" she breathed. "It's all so very beautiful!"

"This is beauty of the night. We are in the dimension of Dreamscape, a land of dreams-"

"MEMES AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN!!" Lilac interrupted.

"Lilac, darling, please collect yourself before you have an aneurysm! But yes, this is the lands of dreams, Miss Sparkle." Gentle Wave frowned at Lilac's behavior, and shook her head.

Twilight looked beneath her feet. She was standing on the glowing, pulsing white lights. There were thousands of them.

"You are standing on stars, dearest," Gentle Wave explained. "Now come, time is of the essence!"

"STARS!? But how is that even remotely possible??" Twilight exclaimed, aghast at what she just heard. Feeling rather nervous about what she was standing on, she jumped about, testing the star-made floor's durability.

Gentle Wave giggled and shook her head, amused at the young girl's naivety.

"It isn't," Lilac deadpanned, her face dark and stormy. Then the sun broke through. "But that's half the fun!"

"Lilac! Don't be ridiculous!" Gentle Wave chided, glaring at her sister. Lilac giggled and stuck her tougue at gentle Wave, who reclined in disgust.

"Aww, but I'm so good at it!" She whined.

"What is? What's half the fun?!" Twilight frantically asked, looking between the two,breathless after making sure the "floor" was completely solid.

"Nevermind that, Twilight-"

"But where's the other half? You need two halves to make a whole," Twilight stated, matter-of-factually, cutting Gentle Wave off.

"You need two eyes to make a face, and I don't have one!" Lilac chirped. She grabbed Twilight and held her hand loosely, raising her other hand to the midnight sky.

"You're thinking about it too hard, darling. Come now, let's go meet the others." Gentle Wave also raising her hand up and joining it with Lilac's. She peered at Lilac until Lilac made eye contact. Are you positive you know this is her?

We've been locked away for thousands of years, and you don't believe me?! I know Pinkie sense is telling me, and you and I both KNOW that my Pinkie sense has NEVER failed me before! She may not be NOW but if we teach teach her, maybe LATER on. . .

I trust you but. . . This is new. . .

Well duh! It is a new millennia!

"There's more of you?!" Twilight was incredulous a big smile on her adorable little face.

"Uh huh! So c'mon!" Lilac giggled and jumped up and down

The three joined hands. As they did, Twilight gazed at her, aliebit older, newfound friends and realized, like before, both were translucent, yet solid... She wondered how that was possible. The hands she was holding felt solid, but see-through. . . Were they spirits? If so, are they revengeful? Why her? Despite Lilac's earlier answer, Twilight didn't believe her. Who else was she going to meet and why? Then a thought entered her mind and her tracks spiraled downward into chaos. Was she being kidnapped!? What could she possibly have that they wanted? Would she be able to retun home? Why? Why her? Twilight had so many questions, but she was tight-lipped. If she asked, would she even get a straight-forward answer? What would the others be like? While her brain was spinning a million miles an hour, the trio gently levitated into the air, rising into nether-realms beyond the mortals' imagination. Questions and worries forgotten, Twilight looked around at her surroundings in awe as her feet rose higher and higher.

"Um. .. L-Lilac? Where exactly are we going?" She asked, her question struggling between tones of firm and desperation, kicking her feet helplessly. How high had they risen? How were they even accomplishing this feat?

"Home. My home," came the simple reply.

It wasn't enough, but Twilight let it go, thinking it best it she kept her mouth shut. The reply was simple yes, but it almost ominous, and Twilight knew both girls. . . Spirits? Entities? Whatever-she knew both of them were hiding something. A surprise maybe? She certainly hoped so. Her parents and especially her brother had drilled her about "Mr. Stranger Danger", and these girls. . . Well, they certainly didn't seem dangerous. . . but you never knew, and there was something off about them.

They began walking along a solid surface and Twilight was so immersed in her thoughts, she didn't realize it until they had stopped and colors of twilight and dusk began fading. It got darker and darker. Twilight blinked as the light completely went out. She frantically searched for assurance from Lilac and Gentle, who were still holding her. Then Gentle released her grip on Twilight and snapped her fingers. A sapphire-blue aura surrounded her hand, glowing softly. She touched one hand to the other and began waving and shifting her hand in a delicate sequence, her eyes closed. Twilight's eyes widened as she realized that Gentle was summoning something. The blue aura surrounded 4 objects and brought them close. Gentle lightly tapped each one of them.

"Arise my sisters," she spoke. "We have a visitor."

The four objects began glowing of their own accord: red, orange, and soft yellow, and royal magenta. They began swiftly circle Twilight, who squeaked in fright, put up a guard, and shut her eyes. Faster and faster they spun, twinkling like little bells and wind-chimes, the colors merging together and glowing brighter. Gentle and Lilac smiled at each other and once again joined hands. Hot pink and sapphire blue joined the fray. The sound of ringing bells grew steadily louder. Twilight opened one eye and gasped in wonder as the full rainbow circled and waved around her, encasing her in pure energy and light.

She timidly reached out touched the swirling light with one finger. The rainbow glowed brighter and turned to a snow- blinding white. Twilight screamed and hugged herself.

Silence. Then-

"Well, I'll be darned! Lilac, you're pure genius!" A voice, and one with an accent from the southern reaches of Equestrian. It was to her left.

"Hi, Twilight, we been waiting for you for a long time," Another voice, one soft and timid, sounded to her right.

Twilight opened her eyes and gasped again. Standing in a semicircle, with Gentle and Lilac behind them, were three girls.

One was standing off a little ways from her right, her back arched. Her hands were intertwined and she had her eyes closed. She had a muscular, fit look about her, her pure white dress swirled around as the it was being blown by wind. She was pretty, to say the least, but the most striking feature about her was her hair: It made a full color change, a bright spectrum of brilliant colors, the style choppy in places, yet smooth. She stopped and turned to Twilight, a small, playful smirk on her face. Her eyes were a piecing magenta. Twilight froze in place. The girl lowered herself at eye level and smiled. "Hey, there kiddo." Her voice was hard and raspy.

The girl next to her had soft, long lavender hair, that was completely straight, but ended in large half-curls. Her eyes were tear-drop shape, and a sweet teal color, fringed by long lashes. Her arms were hidden behind her back and she looked down at Twilight with kind eyes, an small smile on her face. She was also wearing a white dress.Twilight assumed she was the one with the soft voice.

The girl to her left long golden locks secured by a scarlet ribbon. Her eyes were a sharp, emerald green, and white freckles dotted her face. A orange, green, and tan bandanna hung loosely about her neck, and another ribbon cinched her waist. She was brushing her hair back, her other hand cradling an old, worn, and weathered Stetson hat.

Twilight looked beyond the three, to Gentle and Lilac. What she saw confirmed it. All five of them were wearing pure white. And so was she. Twilight held her breath, trying not to freak out.

The golden -hair girl stepped towards and held out her hand. "The only thing ye can wear up in this here joint is white. This place is pure, and so white," she explained.

Twilight forced herself to breath and took a step forward, gripping golden-hair's hand and shaking it. The grip was light, yet strong and the hand was rough from years of outdoor work.

Gentle Wave stepped up and placed her hand on Twilight's shoulder. "Twilight Sparkle, let me introduce you to my dear sisters," she gestured at the others. "Blazing Light, Kind Breeze, and Steady Truth. And of course, you already know Lilac and me."

"You all are sisters?" Twilight asked. Having the names made it a lot easier to tell who was who.

The five glanced at her then at each other, smiling. "That's right, sugar."

"But-but how!" Twilight burst out. "You look nothing alike!" She could barely feel it, but there was a very subtle tension in the air around them, and it was so thick, she could have cut it with a knife.

"You don't have to be related by blood to be related by love," Kind Breeze stated. Lilac giggled and joined in, giving Kind Breeze a tight squeeze.

"Besides, we've been friends for sooo long, we might as well be sisters!"

"Only you would say that, Lilac," Blazing Light said with a smirk, glancing at her sister. Lilac stuck out her tongue, releasing Kind Breeze.

"Twilight Sparkle, huh?" Steady Truth gazed at her thoughtfully. "Suits ya."

"Um, thanks? Gentle Wave?" Twilight turned to face Gentle, blinking in surprise at Blazing Light and Lilac, who were wrestling on the ground. She hadn't heard anything.

"Yes?"

"You touched four objects, and three of them turned out to be girls, I guess, but where is the fourth?" she asked.

Blazing and Lilac stopped and looked at Twilight in surprise.

Steady gave a long whistle and Kind Breeze stared at her with wide eyes.

Twilight stayed silent. Had she done the wrong thing?

Finally, Blazing Light broke the awkward silence. Twilight flinched as she did. "Wow, you're inquisitive, Lilac was right."

Twilight looked at her curiously. She was about to speak, but Blazing cut her off: "Look, you're right, there were-there ARE four objects, it's just. . ." She trailed.

"We're really sensitive about it-you didn't do anything wrong, it's just, it wasn't something meant for your eyes," Kind finished.

"Butnowthatyouhave,andit'stoolate,wemightaswellshowittoyouandgiveittoyou,aswell,consideringit'syours!" Lilac rambled off, very fast, a resolved determination alighting in her eyes. The other looked at her in horror.

"LILAC!" they shouted in sync.

"You can't! It'll kill her!" Blazing shouted.

"Have you forgotten she's mortal!?" Gentle demanded.

Lilac raised an eyebrow and jerked her head at Twilight, who was slowly backing away in fright at the sudden yelling. "Ahem, it won't if she's the one, right?"

Twilight's eyes darted at each and everyone, nervous at the response. The five girls again made eye contact. Steady sighed, resigned. "She's right."

"Steady, you can't be serious-"

"I AM. Do we have any other option-"

"Can we please not fight? In FRONT OF HER?" Kind asked, glaring at them.

The others hung their heads, but Lilac bounced forward, surprising Twilight with her sudden cheerful attitude. "Don't worry, Twily-bird! friends fight sometimes, but that doesn't mean we're mad at you!"

"Friends? I thought you were sisters," Twilight deadpanned, frowning.

Blazing burst out laughing. "You got us there, kid, I wasn't kidding when I said you were smart, but friends, especially best friends or sisters, does it make a difference?"

"I guess not," Twilight replied.

"Now,"Gentle clapped her hands sharply, and stepped forward. "Back to the matter at hand: We have something we believe belongs to you." She snapped her fingers again, a baby-sapphire color encasing her fingers. As Kind gently guided Twilight forward, her eyes widened in the realization; the aura around Gentle's hand was one of the colors that had appeared to the rainbow! The blue aura grew brighter until it adopted a ice-blue color. Twilight squinted against the bright light. A shape with six sharp points emerged from the blue light. It was a star, royal purple in the center, fading out towards a magenta hue towards the edges. It was glowing and fizzing slightly, levitating of it's own accord. The others smiled fondly at it, watching it fizzle and pop, sparks flying.

Twilight recognized the gem, and she was certain Tartarus had just frozen over. "Is. . . is that the ELEMENT OF MAGIC!!?"

Author's Note:

Hello,
For those of you who don't know what cull means: To thin out, strip off, layer by layer.

Anyway, this chapter took forever, thank you all for your encouragement. I hope to have the next one out, but I'm nearing the end-of-the-year exams, so I can't make any promises. Hope you all enjoy. if you have question or predictions of what might happen next, please comment them. I would love to hear your thoughts.