• Published 20th Jan 2020
  • 593 Views, 18 Comments

The Lost Secret of Twilight - Dark Rose 777



Discoveries of a old scroll, written before it's time, and within it lies an ancient magic of old.

  • ...
1
 18
 593

Chapter 1: A Day of Firsts

"Hey, little sis?" Her brother entered the room, his face depicting a picture of curiousness.

"Yes?" Twilight looked up at him.

"Do you remember that old scroll you found? You know, the one that spoke of Celestia's parents and stuff?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Whatever happened to the old thing? You were so obsessed with it." he laughed. "You slept like you used with Smarty-pants!"

Twilight blushed and she angrily stood to face her brother, pushing her chair back. "I was NOT obsessed! That's what you think!"

"Whatever. Hey, I'm headed out, so uh, take care, kay'? MOM! I'm out!" he winked at her and walked out, closing the door gently behind him.

Twilight rolled her eyes and sighed, a frown etched on her forehead. I wasn't obsessed, she thought.I just wanted answers.

The scroll she'd found was hidden deep in her memory, she had it memorized to the letter. She had never quite forgiven Spike after he'd burned it up. It was a total accident of course, and it was partially her fault, but still. She had found something that not even Princess Celestia didn't know, and Princess Celestia knew everything! She still wondered what she had set free. Wether it was good or bad, it had yet to effect her, or anyone else. She thought maybe it was a prank someone had planted, but the excitement had faded. She still thought about it from time to time.

"Twilight sweetie! Come here, please!" Her mother called from the other room.

With another sigh, Twilight made her way around the table and entered the next room.

Her mother looked at her with concern. "Are you all right, dear? You're awful pale."

"I'm fine, just bored is all. I hate summer!"

Her mother raised an eyebrow. "That's something I can add to the list of things I'd never thought I'd hear. Go outside, enjoy your summer! Staying in the dark house is making you into a vampire."

Twilight inwardly rolled her eyes. Her mother just didn't get it! She didn't have any friends to play with, except for Spike and he was at daycare. Her backyard had already been thoroughly explored a million times, she doubted she'd find something new. She would go out like Shining Amor, but. . . he had friends. She didn't. She sighed again and slowly trudged outside. The sun was really bright. Too bright for her taste. She growled under her breath and, squinting, walked slowly to a shady spot provided by some trees. She plopped down and looked up at the blue sky. Guessing what shapes the clouds could turn into wasn't even an option. She closed her eyes, listening to the quiet breeze.

"Bored?"

Her eyes shot open in surprise. She was quite certain she hadn't spoken and she was the only one in the yard. Thinking quickly, Twilight ready to face her, uh. . . Who ever was there! "Who's there!?"

"Whoa, slow your roll, girl! I'm not gonna hurt you. And please don't try looking for me-"

"Where are you?!"

"Quick on the draw, arentcha?"

Twilight lowered her hackles, eyes narrowed. She was still alert but sensed no danger.

"You wanna do something fun?"

"Fun? With you? I don't think so," she retorted, taking a small step forward.

"Hey, I'm not gonna be the ONLY one there. Besides, you might learn something." The response had a musical note to it, and high-pitch that was rather pretty to listen to.

"Learn?" Twilight was excited. She loved learning! Maybe Voice might be able to her teach new magic-

"Come closer! Closer, closer!"

Twilight did as asked, taking a small tentative step. She looking directly at her fence, which had nothing interesting about it, but there was obviously something there.

"CLLOOOOSSERRRR. . ." The voice dropped to a playful whisper, followed contagious laughter.

In spite of herself, a small smile tugged at the corners of Twilight's mouth. "Where am I going? Are we playing a different version of Green light-red light?"

"Huh? Never heard of that game!" A sprinkle of laughter was heard and Voice continued. "Take three steps forward!"

Twilight did so and stopped, looking up at the trees, fully ready for what might happen next. Voice was right, this was fun. But she wasn't learning anything.

"Take us to the land of dreams, a land that no one else has seen!" Voice recited. Before Twilight could ask what she'd said, A small round ball of pure energy from in the little clearing, brilliant, rainbow-y colors swirling. Twilight's eyes widened with wonder.

"Woah, what it this? it's beautiful!"

"Thanks! I've been working on it for a million years!"

"A million years? Wait, how old-"

"Touch it!"

Twilight was dumbfounded. Was Voice dumb? Every filly knew you couldn't touch pure energy. It was the same thing as lightening, and besides her hand would just go right through it-

"Your hand's not gonna right through it, silly! You're not gonna get zapped, and I made it solid so it's touchable!" Voice explained.

Twilight was now speechless. Had Voice read her mind?!

"Nope! You haven't given me permission to! I wouldn't do it anyway, even if I could! It's mean and intrusive! Your expressions are so easy to read, that's all."

Twilight shrugged. Everything was too complicated right now. She touched the ball with a shaky finger. She felt nothing different, yet she knew something about her was different.

"What did you do to me?!"

"You did something, not me, silly! You didn't have to touch it, I simply asked you too, it was optional. And I'm glad you did! If I'm right, you're the one! The absence of conscience is not conscience of absence, ya know!"

That doesn't make any sense, thought Twilight. Am I going crazy? Am I dreaming?

"Hey, that's where we're going!"

"Huh?"

"Dreamscape, a wondrous land of dreams, memes, and everything in between! Now c'mon, we're wasting moonlight!"

Twilight looked at her surroundings incredulously. It was day time. Noon, in fact. The sun was at it zenith.

"Wait!" Twilight took her finger back and steeped back wards, now fearful. "Voice?"

"Hmm, not my name, but I'll go with it! Yes?"

"Where we're going, will I be able to return home?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know! Let's find out!" Voice responded. The floating ball glowed brightly, causing Twilight to shut her eyes.

* * *

When she opened them again, she was in completely different place, and it was pitch black. She couldn't even see her hand in front of her face. She was standing on something solid at least. That was a plus. She tried looked behind her but she still couldn't see Voice."Voice? Where are you? Are you going to be invisible forever?"

"No. I'm just not visible to the pony eye!" Voice was now behind her.

She started and whirled around. "You're not a pony?!"

"Neither are you! Now plug your ears. Things are about to get looouuudd up in here!"

Twilight chose not to, and waited. She then heard the biggest, loudest inhale in the world and-

"GUUUUUUYYYYYSSSS!! I FOUND HER!!!"

"Why are you so loud? Can't you do it a different way!?" Twilight shouted, her ears ringing. She vowed to listen to Voice from now on.

"I told you to plug your ears, Twi-twi! besides, it's the only way they'll hear me!"

"Who? Who will hear you? "

"Good things come to those who wait!" Voice responded. "Can you call me Lilac Jump instead of Voice? As much as I like it. . I just, no."

"Ok." Twilight and Voic- Lilac jump sat there in the darkness in semi-comfortable silence. Twilight sat down.

"You bored now?" Lilac asked.

Twilight giggled. "No," she answered softly. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yepperonie!"

Shaking her heard in confusion at the strange response, she continued. "How did you know my name? And how do you know I'm "The One'?

"You set me free, that's how I know! Not every day you come across your long-lost sister!"

Twilight stared.

Author's Note:

Hey guys. More mystery to come, I promise. hope you enjoy.