• Published 28th Dec 2019
  • 2,623 Views, 37 Comments

A Druid's Life - Crystonian

  • ...
5
 37
 2,623

Chapter 2

Sunlight streamed through the leaves and vines of the forest. The beams settle onto the forest floor and onto nearby bushes and shrubs.
Birds chirp in the trees and creatures prowled in the shadows of the trees. All is bliss...

"F**k!"

A figure stumbles out of the bushes, covered in minor scratches and covered in leaves. It slowly steadies itself on a nearby tree. It takes a deep breath an then brushes off the leaves it had collected onto its fur. It turns, looking own the natural path that spans from east to west. It looks both ways, and then trots down towards the western path and starts to trot down it....

====================================================================================

"Ugh...this forest will be the death of me." I groaned aloud, as I trot along the path.

It was around midday so the sun glared down on me. Strangely, it felt slightly energizing, must be the druid part of me.

After the night before, there hadn't been any sign of strange creatures. Well, any monstrous one that is.

I trotted along, for what seemed to be for hours without one speck of civilization.
'What the hell!? How large is this forest?' I thought, looking around.

'Maybe a large tree. Climb it and see if I see anything.'

I looked around, looking for the tallest tree I could see from the path. There! Roughly a straight path from where I currently stood.
I took off, in the direction of the tall tree. Blood course through my views and I breathed heavily as I sprinted towards the tree. As I grew closer to it, the woods slowly turned more boggy. I passed strange markings and items on trees and vines became more dense. I had to slow down so that I didn't get snagged by the vines.

I eventually started to see light ahead, along with more 'tribal?' items.

Was I heading towards a cannibals home? No, that's a stupid thought.

I finally burst out of the foliage. Breathing heavily. I look up tried to see what seemed like a small cottage in the tree that I was heading to. Vines that had what I believed were talismans and tribal masks decorated the tree and surround area.

I, curious, approached one of the talismans on a nearby tree and reached out to touch the talisman. Right as I was about to touch it, it glowed.

I felt a sharp pain on my claws and jerked back in a hiss of pain. Hissing, I slowly backed away from it. I slowly backed up and ran into one of the masks, a flash of primordial fear flashed in my mind and I jumped, yelping.

I started to see flashes of images, images and visions of things I feared or didn't know I did. I tried to run away but another appeared before me, causing me to jump back.

Image after image, vision after vision. I was terrified. I slowly covering my eyes and huddling in to a ball, too scared to do anything.

===================================================================================

It felt like hours. There, me huddling in a ball on the forest floor as images and visions of monstrous, nightmare inducing, things appeared.

Then they stopped. They stopped.

I heard hoof steps to my left. They slowly drew nearer.

"S-stay back. P-please...g-go away! p-please don't hurt me." I whimpered.

Then a hoof rested on my shoulder.
"Its alright young one. I am not going to hurt you." said a female accented voice. I thought it sound roughly African.

I slowly uncovered my face and opened my eyes to look up to a Zebra. She had these dark cerulean eyes and large gold hoop earrings. Around her neck were several gold rings. Same with one of her forelegs.

"W-who..." I softly coff, "Who are you" I ask in a clearer voice. I slowly sit up, brushing my self off slightly.

"I am Zecora. This here is my home." She points towards the small cottage, "Now who are you." She asks, leaning in uncomfortably close.

I lean back slightly so it wasn't uncomfortable. "I'm..." I pause, contemplating who I should introduce myself as. After a moment, I respond. "I'm Druid Forestoak." I flash a small smile, "But you can call me Oak for short."

Zecora studied me for a moment. Then she stood up and started walking towards her cottage.
"Please come in Druid Forestoak." She said, trotting towards her home.

"Uh...ok." I stand up and slowly starts following her, avoiding the talismans and masks.

Zecora pushes open her cottage's door and enters, I quickly follow her inside. Once inside she closes it. Walking over towards a kitchen area, she turns and asks.
"Tea?"

"Y-yes." I quickly stutter, cot off guard as I look around her cottage.

She trots over to her kitchen and starts to make some tea.

I start walking around her cottage, looking at the trinkets and bobbles she has. I then hear a slight coff. I quickly turn my head to see Zecora over by a table with the kettle of tea.

"Oh, sorry." I say as I trot over to the table.

"Sit, and tell me about yourself."

I sit down onto a cushion and she slides me a small glass of tea. I take a small sip, it was surprisingly good. And I wasn't really that into tea.

"This is some good tea."

"Thank you. Now tell me about yourself. I don't want to have brought a stranger into my home." Zecora says, taking a sip of her tea.

I let out a deep sigh. Slowly looking up, I reply.

"Well, were do you want me to start. My personality of how I came to this forest. May I ask?"

Zecora stays quiet, sipping her tea. She motions with her hoof in a 'go on' way.

I let out another sigh.

"Well, to start. I woke up in a forest clear yesterday around midday. Where I was before that, I have no clue. Nor do I know were I am."

Zecora looks up, her face not changing but in her eyes. Her eyes I could tell were a mix of shock, confusion and interest.

Author's Note:

So....I'm leaving off with a hanger.