• Published 28th Dec 2019
  • 2,623 Views, 37 Comments

A Druid's Life - Crystonian

  • ...
5
 37
 2,623

Chapter 4

I push through bushes and foliage. Breathing heavily. Leaves decorated my body. Vines tangled in my antlers.

'Fuck. Why did the path have to vanish back there!'

I push through the final bush into an opening. A small one. I look forward. The trees seem to be thinning. Good. I can get out of this fucking forest. Gods am I tired.

I pulled my canteen out of my bag and took a swig. Cold, refreshing water flowed out of it and down my parched throat. I quickly wipe my muzzle and cap the canteen. Shoving it into my bag. I trudged onward. Through the trees and foliage.

It has been about over two hours since I left Zecora's. I was fine till the path vanished. I regret pushing forward. I should have backed tracked when it vanished. I probably took a wrong turn. Still didn't know how that was possible.

I pushed onward, through the bushes and shrubs. Slowly, the trees and bushes thinned and spaced out. Allowing me to travel easier. I was now trotting, not shoving my way through foliage.

I started to see large green leaves trees planted in rows in the near distance. As I grew closer I saw that there was fruit on them. Large green apples. Unripe.

'Well that gives me an idea on the season. Summer. Also explains the heat.' I thought as a bead of sweat rolled down my neck.

I had started to sweat the closer I was to the edge of the forest. The trees must keep it relatively cool here.

I finally burst out of the treeline. Breathing heavily. I slowly walked up to one of the apple trees and laid under its nice, cool shade.

I let out a loud sigh.

"Finally out of that damn forest." I said, relieved.

I closed my eyes to rest. Then I heard hoof steps closing in. Then I heard a female voice with a southern accent speak.

"Now. Who are you doin' in my orchard." They asked.

'Ah....fuck.'

===================================================================================

"So you're telling me you came from the forest. Everfree forest and simply need a rest?" Miss Applejack asked. Trying to clear up any confusion.

"Yes. I simply was travelling out of...this Everfree forest and stopped to rest under your apple trees." I replied.

We were sitting in Miss Applejack's home. A quaint little farmstead style house. It was a barn red color with apple aspects in places.

She sighed, relieved. "I thought you were some bandit trying to steal some of ma' apples."

I smiled warmly. "Don't worry. I wasn't planning to. It already seemed to me that they were owned."

Miss Applejack laughed. "Darn tootin' right. So, you said your name was Forestoak right?"

"Indeed Miss Applejack."

"Oh. Don't call me that. It's just Applejack."

I smile. "Alright Applejack."

I stand up.

"I apologize for trespassing on your land Applejack. But may I ask for some help?" I ask Applejack.

She nodded. "Sure pal. What’d you need?"

"I was heading for a town called Ponyville. Could you point me in the direction of it? If you may?"

"Sure! I was actually heading down there today with my brother. You can head down with us." Applejack said friendly, standing up.

I quickly shook my head. "Please. I can go by myself. There's no need for you two to walk me down."

"Oh! But I insist. It'll make sense for both of us. And you can meet ma' brother Big Macintosh. He goes by Big Mac around here." She said, "Come on!"

She started trotting out the door. I reluctantly follow her, not wanting to seem rude.

She heads towards a large red barn. Near it stood a large red stallion wearing a large thing on his...front shoulders? Nearby stood a cart full of apples.

"Big Mac! Brought a friend." She called.

The large stallion turns and nods towards us.

"Hello there." I said to Big Mac, sticking out a claw to shake.

Big Mac shook it.

"Hi." He said in a deep southern accent.

"Big Mac. Meet Forestoak. Forestoak, this is my brother Big Mac." Applejack said as me and Big Mac shook.

"It's very nice to meet you Big Mac" I said awkwardly, his name rolling awkwardly off my tongue.

"Nice to meet you too Forestoak." He replied.

"Alright, lets get go'in." Applejack said and started trotting towards a large gate with an over arch. Big Mac followed behind and lastly I in the back.

We trotted out the gate and took a right down a path towards a town in the distance.

"Is that Ponyville?" I ask Applejack as we walk.

"Yeah. That's it." The cowpony replied, looking over her shoulder at me.

"All right then." I look down at the town a little more. It had a quaint, small, European style to it. "It seems...quaint." I remarked.

"Yeah, it's small but its home. But if you like big cities. Canterlot is the closes." She points a hoof towards a large castle and city on the side of a snow capped mountain.

"No, no." I said hastily, "I'm not a big fan of cities. Too claustrophobic for me personally."

Applejack laughed. "I agree with you. To crowded. You grew up in a small town too?"

"Yeah....it was actually named after a flower." I said, slightly saddened. "Petaluma. That's what it's called. You know once it was called the egg capital of the world. Heh."

Applejack turned intrigued. "Really? I've never heard of it."

"You wouldn't. It was called that centuries ago. It's really just a small farm town now." I replied.

Applejack nodded and walked onward. We neared the town were the road started to become more paved cobblestone than hard pacted dirt roads.

Applejack turned her head back towards me.

"Hey Forest."

"Yeah?"

"A warning, there's a pony in town that's especially interested in new folk. So be prepared." Applejack said, a serous look on her face.

That worried me a bit, but I shrugged it off. "They can't be that bad...."

Smack! I was slammed backwards into the ground by a large pink object. All I could see was bright, bubblegum pink.

"HIHOWAREYOU!I"MPINKIE!WHOAREYOU!?" A load, squeaky, and extremely energetic voice yelled into my ears.

"Pinkie! Get off of 'im!" Applejack cried, prying the pink demon off of me.

I let out a deep breath, in and out. I leaned upwards to see a pink, and I mean pink, earth pony. Her mane was a curly, poofy, all over the freaking place look to it. Same with her tail. Her eyes wide and slightly crazed, but were an electric blue. I noticed on her flank that there was a strange tattoo of sorts in a shape of three brightly colored balloons. She had a large smile plastered on her face and was staring intently at me. In a creepy way.

"Um....hi?" I said shakily, waving slightly.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie!" She energetically said, bouncing around me. "Your new in town aren't you?!"

"Yeah? Kinda obvious." I said, getting to my claws.

"Cool! So come by Sugarcube Corner late when your in town!" She then turned and bounced off towards town.

We watched her go. Then I turned to Applejack.

"Is she always like that?"

"Yeah. Pinkie's a...special case."

"Alright, should I question how she got here so fast?"

"Its best sugarcube that you don't. It's better to asept it."

"Ok. Not going to question that is called Pinkie Pie."

Applejack nods. "So shall we go Forestoak."

"After you."

Applejack nods again and turns towards Ponyville and we start walk into the small town.

Author's Note:

Finally here. I wanted to do more but....well, too much to tell. Heh eh.

Comments ( 10 )

Applejack nods. "So shall we go Forestoak."

Sorry, but I have to say it. Forest Oak seems... More proper.

10143182
Oh I'm going to shorten it out later. I wanted her to feel awkward saying his name. Going to shorten it to Oak later on. But ssh, Spoilers.

10143182
I always find it weird when people say forest... Because my name is Forrest... And if you didn't see it, there is a difference.

10265267
I do see the difference, and that's understandable if people get confused.

This is really cool. Also is mc some kinda wolf I’m not picking up on what species he is very well.

10335356
I have described him in the past but to be clear. He is a druid. A male forest spirit of sorts.

Man I really should sleep by know, but o-well I’ll keep reading fanfic nonstop

10901401
Thank you! I'm very sorry that I haven't been able to publish more. Life has been getting to me

...okay done you have humann as a.tag so I thought he would be a human. Especially when Druid is not a race but is a class kind of like a wizard. But no he seems be be a strange pony, wolf, deer thing. So good luck and keep it going.

11654060
The character was intended to be more of a nature spirit of sorts. I chose Druid simply to to its connection to nature and as a sort of male version of a dryad. I may continue this in the future, I simply have no urge or time to work on it

Login or register to comment