• Published 16th Dec 2019
  • 2,352 Views, 129 Comments

Lovers in Kayfabe - cornholio4



Sunset and Twilight are rivals in the wrestling ring while dating in real life

  • ...
9
 129
 2,352

Dazzling Debut

Twilight Sparkle was nervous backstage as she arrived with Sunset Shimmer; it was the first show of the New Year after the CWA magazine issue with their bikini photoshoot. There were staff and fellow members of the roster coming up to tell her how good she looked. She was able to handle the attention of being the CWA Women's Champion but this was another thing.

While she thought she could deal with it; there was another matter. The debut night of a new acquisition in the CWA. The indie music group known as the Dazzlings consisted of Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk. They had training and had been announced with a new deal with this episode of Friday Night ShutDown being their debut. The three had actually moved back to Canterlot as they had previously lived there and had attended high school with them before they moved away.

It was hard for Twilight and during meet ups of both group of friends (their six girl friendship and the Dazzlings trio) when they met up to catch up on old times. Twilight and Sonata had actually dated and it was Twilight's first serious relationship. They had an amicable split due to thinking they didn't think they could make a long distance relationship work out.

However Twilight was silent when Sonata was brought up and was always the first one to buy their album releases. It was clear that she never did get over Sonata despite her claims to the contrary. Sunset knew she should feel jealous but felt too secure in their relationship to be worried about if Twilight cheated on her.

During the meet ups both Twilight and Sonata were nervous looking towards eachother with relentless teasing and their claims that they were happy just being friends not being believed. Sunset was also all too aware of the jealous and angry glances Sonata gave her in private or when she thought no one was looking or paying attention.

Twilight was unsure about how to deal with this despite dealing with being an on and off screen couple with Sunset just fine. They even on the 20th December episode last year had Sunset accompany Twilight on her title defence against Applejack and after she won, she took out the bag she had been holding to the ring and brought out a mistletoe. The crowd erupted into cheers as Sunset had the referee hold it above their heads as they kissed.

They had a get together meeting with creative officials of CWA to discuss storylines. Sunset had brought up her idea of a match between her and Twilight. The storyline could lead to a rubber match between them with possibly the CWA Women's Championship in the match if Twilight was still the Champion or if Sunset had managed to win it back before the match.

She called it the Wedding Bells Match and the ring would be set up like a wedding with a cake on the outside (Pinkie Pie who came to these meetings and shows to offer support and suggestions for ideas was excited about that part) and they would be wrestling in wedding dresses or costumes. There would be a twenty minute time limit and for Twilight to win she would just have to have the clock run out. For Sunset to win she would have to within the time limit make Twilight say in the microphone 'I Do'. Then the ring announcer act as wedding minister and announced them married with Sunset able to forcibly smush Twilight's face into the cake.

There were teasing for the couple about the idea but Twilight just went into a long tirade about all the flaws of the idea and all the state wedding laws. She seemed to went all the details about how the wedding would be in no way legal or official.

Sunset managed to calm her down saying it was a storyline and match idea and for the Kayfabe. Plus reminded her of instances of in ring weddings which were just for show. She then realised she should have known Twilight would react like that to her idea and it was shelved indefinitely.

However Aria for the Dazzlings suggested the both of them do a storyline with Sonata, she could act as a yandere fan stalker and come to blows with an enraged jealous Sunset. This did cause Twilight and also Sonata red in the face for the idea. Sunset laughed and told her it was just for fun and they could play around with the fact that they used to date. Sonata and Twilight weakly agreed.

Sunset thought she should think of how to get through this with eachother. Maybe she can wonder if she would be comfortable with suggesting to Twilight the idea of her dating the both of them.

Back to the night in question, Twilight and Sunset were there to greet the Dazzlings as they arrived. They were not in action but were there to help and plus they had to film a segment for the show.

"Good job on the photoshoot girls, you sure flaunted it. Sonata especially liked it as she put the poster on her wall..." Adagio laughed and Twilight blushed red along with Sunset. They were even worst when Sunset jokingly suggested Twilight help Sonata change into her wrestling uniform.

Twilight resting the CWA Womens Champions belt on her shoulder and Sunset watched the show as it began on the monitors and soon enough were the Dazzlings' debut as Sonata and Aria took on Lyra and Bon-Bon.

Lyra and Bon-Bon had made their entrance and the ring announcer introduced the trio. The screen and the arena went dark as their music played with the Dazzlings' heavenly singing voices singing along with the song (their latest big hit) through their ear pieces like a concert.

There were smoke effects at the entrance ramp and a light shown at the entrance area, the silhouette of Adagio dancing with her arms and then Aria and Sonata's arms were shown dancing along. The lights were brighter as the three were making their way to the rings with big smirk as they sang and slowly danced in perfect harmony. They were using hand motions towards the crowd as if they were putting them in trances.

Twilight was mesmerised to Sunset's giggling as well as Sonata's wrestling costume being like her current stage dress. It had a symbol of a taco which was always her favourite food. Adagio led them to the ring and then exited as the lights went back on. The match began.

It was an impressive back and forth tag team contest and the teamwork and moves of Aria and Sonata definitely impressed Twilight and Sunset. They had clearly been training. It was Aria who won the match for the Dazzlings by pinning Lyra after her finishing move the Reverse DDT called the Siren's Call.

The crowd cheered as Adagio got a microphone, "You know us as the Dazzlings which we are named for our ability to dazzle through our music, dancing, voices and now our wrestling. All of the CWA will be under our spell whether it be the fans, the males' roster or the Womens' roster. Submit to the magic." Adagio slowly spoke through the microphone like an enchantress.

She gave it to Aria who said "our sister Sonata has definitely became interested in the Womens Champion. She has a simple message to her." Aria spoke as the camera zoomed in on Sonata's face as she faced it and blew a kiss. Twilight and Sunset were ready for the camera man filming them for their cue. Twilight made herself looked mesmerised as Sunset made herself looked annoyed as she pulled Twilight along by hand.

She had some thinking to do about how to go about this...

Author's Note:

I want to credit DavisSentoV5 for the help. If you have any ideas please comment or check out the blog posts for the story. I also want to thank the others for their input including MDCommissioner
and JLargent. Also sorry but fight and action scenes were never my strong suit.