• Published 16th Dec 2019
  • 2,352 Views, 129 Comments

Lovers in Kayfabe - cornholio4



Sunset and Twilight are rivals in the wrestling ring while dating in real life

  • ...
9
 129
 2,352

Aftermath Show

The fireworks went off at the stage of the arena for the Canterlot Wrestling Alliance’s flagship show ShutDown as the show’s theme music played. The fans in attendance were cheering with their homemade signs including one saying “TWILIGHT + SUNSET OTP”.

The commentators Prince Blueblood and BBQ Jim recapped the events of the last big event Bloodlust which saw the Wonderbolts win their 2nd CWA Tag Team Championship, Timber Spruce retain the CWA Intercontinental Championship, the Storm King win the CWA World Heavyweight Championship and the match that everyone was talking about: Sunset Shimmer failing to regain the CWA Women’s Championship from her former assistant Twilight Sparkle and the immediate aftermath of it.

Sunset was standing in the middle of the wrestling ring in her biker’s jacket with a microphone to cheers and wolf whistles from the audience. “Sunset is in an awfully good mood considering she lost to the girl she had as her lackey since she was in high school. She swore she would put Twilight ‘in her place and redeem herself after the embarrassing shortest Women’s Championship reign in our company’s history but came up short.’” BBQ Jim stated but Blueblood smirked.

“She has every reason to, she may not have won back the gold but she got a prize just as good, if not better.” Prince Blueblood replied to glares from BBQ Jim telling him to pipe down.

“Wow, usually when I am out here you boo me as if I got your stupid favourite show cancelled or caused a creative direction you hated. If this is what it took to get you on my side then I would have puckered up with Twilight sooner.” Sunset called through the microphone with a mixed reaction from the crowd.

“In all seriousness, I want to give the respect that Twilight deserves, truly the better woman won at Bloodlust. I will admit this for the first time in all honestly; if I was in her position back at Brutal Payback then I would have done the same as she did. She has shown through my tutelage and I don’t mind losing her as a pupil since I now have her as a girlfriend.” Sunset said through the microphone with a smirk and then the lights turned out and the crowd bursted into cheers as Twilight’s music played.

A light shown on the Ramp as Twilight was seen with her arms extended to the sky wearing the CWA Women’s Championship. The light followed Twilight as she walked down the ramp shaking hands with the fans as well as blowing kisses.

She reached the ring and the lights went back to normal as Twilight was giving the microphone by Sunset. “Thank you all for believing in me and thank you too for Sunset. I know things are not going to be how they were before but provided you are serious us. I don’t want this to be one of your games Sunset as I can’t deny that I feel strongly for you and beleive you would want to change; the logical part of me knows what you are like.” Twilight said and then fixed Sunset with a serious look.

Sunset then took off her jacket and placed it on Twilight’s shoulders making her confused and then her cheeks went red as Sunset gave her a flirty smile. “I can change Twi, perhaps this could be a reversal now that you are the Queen Bee.” Sunset told her and looked like she was about to lean in for a kiss.

The crowd cheered as Applejack waved to the crowd coming through the entrance at the top of the ramp Twilight looked up at her and Sunset was annoyed. “Sorry to be the one to break this up but honestly; congratulations Twilight for putting Sunset in her place and sorry you have to hear her garbage of you learning from her. Good luck on taming her and I enjoyed watching you kick her butt while also giving her a taste of her own medicine by making her kiss yours.” Applejack said to Twilight’s blushing, a furious look from Sunset and laughs from the crowd.

“I am out here because I want to be next in line to challenge for the belt. If you remember; right before you won it from her the varmint stole the belt from me in the first place. I was willing to wait for you to get your chance at payback for the years you put up being her sidekick but now I want my chance. It’s unfinished business.” Applejack said through the mic.

“You want to talk about unfinished business? I haven’t forgotten how you and Rainbow Trash set me up to lose in the first place! How about you face me right now to put an end to it and I will finish what I started; instead of kissing my boots then how about I have you kiss Twi’s boots.” Sunset shouted with Twilight yelling at her to stop it.

Then on the titantron in her office was CWA’s general manager Raven Inkwell, “pardon me ladies but we have a show to get to and I just checked and none of you three are scheduled to compete tonight but let’s fix it. Let’s have an impromptu triple threat match for the Women’s Championship right now!” Raven stated as the crowd cheered.

Applejack ran to the ring as Twilight got the jacket off her shoulder and gave the Championship belt to the referee, “Hope you don’t mind if I have to target your pretty face now I have another chance for the title!” Sunset said dropping the mic as the bell was rang.

It was a back and forth match as Twilight was shoved outside through the ropes by Applejack but was blindsided by Sunset. She then put down at the turnbuckle for the Stinkface. But Twilight got up and got into the ring and performed her finishing move the RKO called the Chemical Reaction onto Sunset before pinning her to win the match.

Twilight was given the belt as Applejack got up and clapped for Twilight as the crowd cheered. Sunset got up and then Twilight got their hands out as if for them to shake. Sunset looked reluctant but Applejack did so with them smiling but Applejack then hit her Superman Punch finisher onto Sunset.

Twilight just shook her head as she helped Sunset to the back.


After the show had needed and they had all gotten changed back they were meeting in the locker room laughing with eachother about what was both sports and acting to them. “Who would have thought that after convincing her to join up; the Egghead would be the one to be the popular Champion.” Rainbow Dash teased and Twilight smiled.

Sunset and Twilight were topped by someone from management and were giving notices. They looked and saw they were being requested to do a bikini photoshoot together for the CWA magazine. Sunset looked open to it but Twilight had her mouth wide open looking like she was about to have a freak out.

She was mumbling about what her associates in the lab would say but Sunset told her that she was going to drive her girlfriend home and try to calm it down and tell her they would go over it later. “Wrestling rising star or not. Twilight is still Twilight.” Rainbow Dash laughed along with Applejack as they went to their separate cars.

Author's Note:

Decided that I may end up adding more chapters. I am welcome to ideas for chapters. BBQ Jim is my tribute to JR Jim Ross my all time fave wrestling commentator; his straight man to Jerry 'the King' Lawler on Raw are my fave wrestling commentator duo.