• Published 10th Dec 2019
  • 3,623 Views, 161 Comments

Cozy Chronicles - 5u0myn0n4



Cozy Glow, Tirek, and Chrysalis embark on an unlikely search for power, and purpose.

  • ...
7
 161
 3,623

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: True Evil

On the plains of Equestria, the battle raged on. On one side, was Luster Dawn, whose mind was occupying the mind and essence of Cozy Glow, who was in complete control of the young student. She had already obtained the power of Grogar's bell. She stood against Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Trixie, and Flurry Heart.


The four 'corns leaped into action and charged forward. Cozy flew into the air, and charged her horn.

*BOOM*

The 'corns blocked her blast. Flurry Heart flew forward with her magic poised and ready, but Cozy was done playing around. Now she was serious.

*RING*

*AAGHH!* Flurry cried.

Cozy activated the bell, and a powerful vortex leached onto her horn, and depleted her of her magic.

"And now-"

Cozy flipped the bell over which sent Flurry up and over and-

*SLAM*

She slammed Flurry to the ground.

"FLURRY!" The others exclaimed.

Cozy pointed the bell at herself, and a beam of magic shot into her, and she absorbed Flurry's alicorn magic. The surge in extra magic made Luster appear more powerful. She grew fangs, and her hair became more fiery.

"By the way, dear reader, it turns out you CAN select which magic you absorb from Grogar's bell. So Discord's chaos magic isn't actually a hindrance." Cozy commented. "So that's that, deal with it."

Cozy slowly walked to the downed Flurry.

"Thank you for the magic, Flurry." Cozy patted Flurry on the head, and then-

*poof* Cozy made Flurry disappear for convenience.

"Any other magic donors want to step forward and contribute to my great cause?!" Cozy exclaimed. "Or are you too scared I'll do the same to you?"

Starlight and Twilight were hesitant, But Trixie was steadfast.

"Trixie shall not be intimidated!"

Trixie activated the alicorn amulet, and her magical abilities grew in strength. Trixie ran forward and charged Cozy fired a blast of magic, but Trixie easily deflected it with a magic shield. The alicorn amulet made her surprising powerful.

"Wow, Trixie, you're no slouch. Especially with that juicy looking amulet..." Cozy's mouth watered at the thought of the magic contained in the amulet.

The two chased each other around. Trixie withstood one of Cozy's beams. Though Trixie's defenses were tough to penetrate, Cozy went in for the magic.

"Trixie's hit!" she cried.

Trixie fell to the ground. Cozy snatched the amulet from Trixie, and then-

*SHATTER*

She threw the amulet to the ground, and stomped on it, destroying the amulet, and releasing all of its magic. Cozy rung the bell and absorbed the magic from Trixie and the amulet.

"Any more smarty pants comment, Ms. Lulamoon?" Cozy exclaimed.

"Uh-"
"Nope!" Cozy exclaimed.

*poof*

Trixie disappeared.

With Trixie and Flurry Heart defeated, that just left Twilight and Starlight.

"Stop this right now, Cozy Glow!" Starlight cried. "This has gone on long enough!"

"Release Luster Dawn at once!" Twilight cried.
"Never! She's mine now!" Cozy declared. "Luster has literally given me the time of my life!"

"You can hear me, Luster! You got to fight it!" Twilight exclaimed.
"Oh, help me! Twilight, help!" she said with Luster's voice.

"Luster Dawn!" Twilight cried.

Cozy pretended that Luster Dawn was breaking through, but it was only a facade.

"Just kidding! I'm in full control of Luster!" Cozy exclaimed. "HAHAHA!!!" she laughed.

"We need to rethink this, Starlight. Before any other pony gets hurt!" Twilight said.

But it was too late, Starlight already made her move.

"That's it! This will be the last time you invade Equestria!" Starlight exclaimed.
"I agree. No need to invade a kingdom in which I rule!" Cozy replied, with a smug, evil smile.

Starlight had lots of anger bottled up, but now she was ready to unleash it. Starlight ran forward, and fired magic shots are Cozy. Cozy flew the other way as Starlight chased her.

"You're no match for me, Glimmy!" Cozy said.

Cozy spun around, faced Starlight, and fired magic at her. Starlight leaped and dodged the onslaught, but she only had so much energy, and was starting to show signs of fatigue.

"I'll admit this, you were always my favorite counselor." Cozy said. "After all, you made a great instigator for my spell! HA!"

Starlight leaped up, shot beams of magic, but Cozy was fast! Soon she was overwhelmed by Cozy's immense magical power. Cozy zipped and zoomed, and brought Starlight to the ground. Cozy put Starlight in a magic bind to hold her in place.

*ERGH* "Stop it! Don't!" Starlight cried.

*RING*

Cozy drained Starlight of her magic, and immediately absorbed it for herself.

"You have to stop!" Starlight pleaded.

"I will stop soon. I have just one pony left." Cozy said.

*poof* Starlight disappeared.

"And then there were two." Cozy said. "Oh this is going to be fun!"

All that was left, was just Twilight Sparkle against Cozy Glow, who again was possessing the body of Luster Dawn.

"Cozy Glow!" Twilight cried. "AH!!"

*zap*

Cozy fired a beam of magic at Twilight, which she intersected with her own beam.

*BOOM*

Twilight fired her own magic beam at Cozy, but it was completely ineffective. Cozy took pleasure that Twilight's magic was basically useless against her.

"It's no use, Twilight. My power far exceeds yours! You can't defeat me with brute force magic!" Cozy exclaimed.

"She's right, I can't defeat her magic. I need to break through to Luster, but breaking down Cozy Glow." Twilight said to herself.

It was then that Twilight finally decided that the best thing to do was to talk to Cozy Glow.

"Cozy Glow, please, I-" Twilight started.

"You what!?" Cozy cried. "Choose your words carefully!"
"Please release Luster Dawn! She didn't do any harm to you!" Twilight pleaded.

"Hmm, you got a point there, Twilight. Here's the interesting thing though. Hold your breath, you're not gonna believe this, Twilight. Luster Dawn offered to HELP ME! Which is a lot more than what you or any other creature can say!"

"Is that all you wanted, Cozy? Was help?" Twilight asked.

*hoof palm* Cozy faced palmed Luster's face.

"I'm not saying I would have accepted your help, but gee, anything beats a life sentence in Tartarus!" Cozy exclaimed. "All because I threatened your precious magic! Which you're about to lose anyway!"

"I asked you why you did it, but it was you who didn't give me a clear answer!" Twilight shot back.
"What part about "friendship is power" didn't make sense? The question you should have been asking, is: Why was a filly was so obsessed with power? Ever wonder that? Not enough to ask any further questions apparently! It's not like you Twilight to lock your enemies away without getting to know them. So what gives?"

"If a chance redemption is what you want, then the first step to righteousness is-" Twilight started.
"PFFT!!" Cozy spat at Twilight. "You can forget about reformation! I wouldn't be caught dead following your hoofsteps, Twilight. You took everything from me! Now I'm going to take away everything you care about. I already took your student, Luster! Now for your magic!"

Cozy inched forward, posing the bell ready to sap the magic.

"You can do what you want to me, but please just let Luster go!" Twilight pleaded.

"And then what? Without a vessel, are you just gonna let Cozy's soul pitter patter into oblivion?!" Cozy exclaimed.
"What are you talking about, Cozy?" Twilight asked.

"Why do you think I had to take over Lusty? You think this was my first choice? Frankly, no, if for no other reason than Lusty is way less pretty than me."

"What's going on, Cozy? What happened to you while you were gone?" Twilight asked.
"Let's just say that my sister isn't the only Cozy to die." she said.

"What are you talking about, Cozy!?" Twilight exclaimed. "So if you're controlling Luster, where's the rest of you?!"
"As if you care! You barely cared when you thought Cozy Glow was gonna lose her head earlier!"

"I'm sorry, Cozy! I wish I could have help!" Twilight shouted.
"See. NOW you want to help. Now you feel sorry, now that it's too late! Way to go Twilight, you waited too long! Did you honestly think your harsh punishments wouldn't have a drastic effect on me?! That I would't build up additional anger while sealed away in stone? Did you really think I wouldn't come up with a convoluted and dangerous revenge scheme?!"

Twilight's horn glowed, and she lunged forward, but Cozy's magic was so strong, she stopped the princess in place.

"You didn't reach out and give me the help I needed after my little stunt in your school. Then, after being misguided by two of Equestria's biggest baddies, you decided to punish me just like one of them. You enlisted your little student to talk to me, instead of doing it yourself, just for the sake of her little school project. Your recklessness only cost me my life! My body's gone! Lusty's all I have left..." Cozy's voice trailed off.

"I didn't do this to you Cozy! Everything you've done was your choice!" Twilight exclaimed.
"You could have prevented this, Twilight! You had multiple chances to reconcile with Cozy, but you never did! You just let Cozy's life slip away..."

Cozy slashed her horn in the the air, ripping a scar in the air, that opened and fired bursts of magic at Twilight. Her magic shield was only barely strong enough o block the onslaught of magic. Cozy was not letting up. She was more furious than ever, and continued her assault on Twilight Sparkle.

"If you stop attacking right now, I will reconsider!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Is this your form of surrender?" Cozy asked.
"You are right, I could have prevented this all from happening." Twilight said.

Twilight's legs collapsed in exhaustion, and her horn stopped glowing.

"Come on Cozy, we can start over." Twilight said. "If you stop all of this, I'll listen to what you have to say. We can work through this situation and find a solution."

"Need I remind of you of the misery you put me through, Twilight?" Cozy asked. "You're only reaching out now because I'm on top! But when the little filly was gasping for air under a giant cupcake?! Lock her in stone and never speak of her again!! You're only listening to me now because I'm controlling your student. Absolutely pathetic."

"You were my greatest failure Cozy Glow!" Twilight admitted. "It is my job to spread the message of friendship! But I failed you! I couldn't show you the meaning of friendship!"

Cozy was not impressed by Twilight's melodramatic speech. So she wanted to see if she really meant what she said.

*poof*

Amber Glow appeared in front of Twilight.

"Say that to her face." Cozy demanded. "Prove that you can feel real sentiment for Cozy!"

Amber wasn't dead, although she was bloody and bruised. She was conscious however, and just able to stand on all four legs.

"You're princess Twilight Sparkle?" Amber said, faintly.

"Yes I am. I don't know who you are, but you sure look a lot like Cozy-" Twilight said.
"Why? Why did you hurt my sister?" Amber asked. "Why did you put her away in stone?"

"I couldn't let Cozy go unhinged. She was going to destroy all the magic, and-" Twilight explained, but was interrupted.
"She's just sad. Our daddy was mean to her, so she came to your school for salvation." Amber Glow explained.
"It doesn't matter how sad her life was! That's no excuse to come to Equestria with the intent of conquest. I had to!"

*gasp* Amber started to tear up.
"Oh, you were doing so well, Twilight." Cozy said.
"I didn't mean-" Twilight started.
"Well if simply can't let Cozy go unpunished for her actions, then-"
*ZAP*
"AAHH!" Amber cried, when Cozy's magic shot hit her from behind.

Amber started to turn to stone, from bottom up.

"Cozy! Or, err. Whatever your name is!"

Amber was frozen in stone, in a helpless pose.

"What's the matter, Twilight? I thought you were okay with putting Cozy Glow in stone!" Cozy exclaimed.
"Whoever she is, she didn't do anything wrong!”

"My sister's no saint either, she tried to attack you too." Cozy said.
"You made her attack me!” Twilight exclaimed.

"Uh, hello? Discord made me collect Grogar's bell, and told me to use it against you, which I did! So where do you draw the line? Huh? I think you just don't like me." Cozy said.
"Cozy Glow! I don't know how you can expect forgiveness if you keep acting ridiculous!" Twilight exclaimed.

"I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to torture you by reminded you of your failures." Cozy replied. "Take a good long look at the sad child!" she ordered. "Do you feel sorry for her now? Do you want to reach out and help the filly now? You went through so much trouble to bring Princess Luna back from Nightmare Moon. You and your friends reformed Discord just because Celestia told you to. You begged Starlight Glimmer to change her ways. You argued against your idol, Starswirl, to reform Stygian. And what did you do for Cozy Glow?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO COZY GLOW?!"

Twilight closed her eyes and wept.

"I...I..." she tried to say.
"You did nothing!" Cozy exclaimed.
"I failed her..." she said.


When Twilight saw Cozy's (somewhat) innocent sister trapped in stone, she wondered if Cozy was no different.

"You know, the shame about being immobile, not being able to defend yourself. It leaves you especially vulnerable to vandals... But don't worry, Amby, I'll make sure you're safe."

Cozy nuzzled the stone statue of her sister, and whispered into it. "You did good, sister. "

*poof* the statue disappeared.

"I'm sorry, Cozy Glow." Twilight apologized. "I had no idea you were such a miserable pony." Twilight said.
"Of course you didn't." Cozy said, deadpan.

Cozy walked forward, and Twilight backed up.

"You don't know the beginning of my misery! You think you had it so rough, when you had everything going in your favor! Then there's me, where every possible force of nature tried to oppress, or kill me! But while you had your princess duties handed to you, I had to earn my powers! The universe tried to kill me, and it succeeded! You can kill Cozy Glow, but you can't get rid of her so easily! I always find a way to come back! And look at me now! I'm the most powerful creature in the entire world!"

Twilight fell over in fear.

"Alright, I've had enough. Time to end this." Cozy said, holding the bewitching bell by her side.

Twilight tried to defend herself, but Cozy walked up slowly, and forced Twilight to the ground.

"You were wrong, Twilight. Friendship isn't magic. Friendship is power after all! And now, I have all the power in Equestria!" Cozy exclaimed. "And now, you will be fortunate enough to contribute to my power!"

The bell rang, and the beaming vortex latched onto and sucked the magic out of Twilight Sparkle. Twilight returned to her plain old short unicorn form. A form she hadn't had since before she got her wings. Cozy pointed the bell her host, Luster, and she absorbed the magic, and grew more powerful in magic. Luster now had flame like mane, and sharp fangs. Her wings had grown larger, but her body only grew very marginally taller.

"This is what happens when you give a masochistic child all the power in the world." Cozy said. "The universe tried to kill me, multiple times! But I will always come back to torment my enemies!"

Cozy stood tall, showing off the fact that yes, she controlled Luster Dawn, and made her into a powerful alicorn.

"Take a good look at this. You created this. You enabled me to rise to power!" Cozy exclaimed. "You lose, Twilight Sparkle."

Cozy walked forward, slowly. Thinking of ways to finish off Twilight Sparkle.

"I hear you're good with words, Twilight. You reformed Starlight Glimmer with nothing but empty promises and lies. So please, if you think you can talk yourself out of this, then go ahead and try!" Cozy smirked.

"I've got nothing..." Twilight admitted, exhausted.
"Well, that makes this easier then." Cozy said.

"If you've convinced me of anything today, it's that nothing can change your ways. You'll always have the urge to be more powerful than ponies around you, and you'll always be a threat. And no matter how young, true evil can manifest itself in anypony." Twilight said.

"Gee, Twilight. How uncharacteristically pessimistic for you to say. You really would have hurt my feelings *giggle* if I cared about your opinion." Cozy replied.

Cozy conjured a sharp magic tool to finish off Twilight. She held up the cognitive knife. Twilight laid helplessly on the ground. Cozy had her right where she wanted her. But despite all of this...

...*ERR* AAHH!" Cozy exclaimed. "Why isn't this satisfying?! I literally accomplished everything I set out to do! I fulfilled my parent's wish and became the most powerful creature in Equestria! I completed my number one objective and defeated you! I humiliated you, and took advantage of your student! Here I am about to slay you for good, but why does it feel so EMPTY!"

Cozy breathed heavily.

"It feels like... something's missing..." Cozy said.

If there's one thing that can be said about Cozy, Twilight definitely recalled Cozy having fun during their battle before her coronation. This Cozy was the opposite of that. She was alone, and very vengeful. In spite of achieving her goals, she definitely lost more than just her body along the way. Cozy was in a slump, and Twilight saw an opening.

"You mourned your sister when she got injured. That means you really care about her. And I know she's not the only creature you care for." Twilight said.

"What do you mean?" Cozy asked.
"I didn't see it before, but now I realize, you're not as evil as most other villains." Twilight said.

"What makes you think that?" Cozy asked.
"Most other bad guys want to conquer Equestria for themselves. But you, you're doing it so you can be together."

"UGH! Dammit! How do you know?!" Cozy asked.
"I can sense your emotions. The thing you want most, is to be reunited with your friends." Twilight said.

Cozy was about to finish Twilight, but she couldn't...

*hrrgh* "Fine! I admit it! Tirek and Chrysalis are my friends!! Okay! There I said it!" Cozy wept, and tears poured down Luster's eyes. "And they aren't the only friends I've made since being freed from stone! And you know what friendship, it isn't so bad after all! Helping out others and them helping you in return is a nice feeling!"

"You're starting to see the light, Cozy Glow." Twilight said. "Perhaps you can change your ways after-" Twilight was interrupted.

"But you! How can you sit here and say friendship is magic when you stole my fillyhood from me?! I refuse to suck up to you! I have no desire to ever join you!" Cozy defied.

"You don't have to take my word for it. Look around, Cozy. Reflect on what you've done. Is this really the outcome you want?" Twilight asked.

Cozy looked at her hooves, but they were Luster's her identity was gone.

"I can't undo all the damage that's been done!" Cozy wept. "My body's gone! My sister's gone! I'm Equestria's most hated creature! But I don't care what others think of me. I just want *sniff* I just want to see my friends again..." Cozy wept.

"What are you going to do, Cozy?" Twilight asked.

Cozy was scared, and uncertain.

Twilight reached her hood out, and Cozy reluctantly started to extend Luster's hoof out too. The two reached for each other, and were about to make contact, when all of the sudden.

*stomp*

The ground shook, and they heard a loud thud from the distance. Cozy reeled her hoof back in. Twilight’s heart sank.

"I'm not going to do anything to you, Twilight." she said.

Cozy came to life with excitement. Twilight looked over the vista, and she saw him. Lord Tirek. He had finally arrived onto the scene, fully loaded with magic, and very large. About as large as his largest size seen in the show. But he also had a very... dark aura to him. He was surrounded by dark clouds.

"What is that?!" Twilight exclaimed.

"The Rainbow of Darkness." Cozy grinned. "Funny, I didn't even need it to defeat you."
"You won't get away with this, Cozy! We'll-"

*Shh* Cozy shushed the princess.

Cozy put magic around Twilight's mouth, so she couldn't breathe.

"Close your eyes, Twilight. Everything will be all better once you open." she said.

Twilight lost consciousness from lack of oxygen, and then-

*poof*

Twilight Sparkle was gone.

Cozy looked over, and saw the mighty centaur, fully loaded of magic. She could see he had the Rainbow of Darkness tied around his neck.

"So, Tirek decided to unleash the Rainbow of Darkness anyway. Nice." Cozy said.

Cozy was over the moon excited to see that Tirek had finally made it here. So she casually flew right over to him to greet the centaur.

"It's good to see you again, big guy." Cozy said to herself.

Tirek had a very grumpy look on his face. He looked around, befuddled at what he saw.

"...What is this?" Tirek asked. "You dare to have the audacity to approach me directly!?" Tirek asked.

"I-I don't know what you mean." Cozy replied.
"You're that little unicorn student of Twilight's. You've come to stop me in my tracks." Tirek said.

Cozy looked at her hooves, she still looked like Luster Dawn.

"Oh! No no no. Tirek, you got it all wrong, it's me! Cozy Glow! See, look!"

Luster's horn glowed and then-
*poof*

After a poof of magic... Cozy still looked like Luster Dawn.

"Is this supposed to be humorous?" Tirek asked, with anger.
"Uh, let me try again." Cozy said.

*poof*

Cozy tried to transform, but no matter the spell she tried, she still looked like Luster Dawn.

"I don't know why this isn't working. But I swear, Tirek! It's me! Cozy Glow! Really!" she pleaded.
"No, that's impossible. Cozy Glow is right here..." he said.

Tirek held his fist out to Cozy, and slowly opened it, revealing he held Cozy's corpse.

*gasp* "You weren't supposed to see that..." Cozy wept.

"The most vile, despicable, and diabolical pony in modern Equestrian history. She was truly evil. *sniff* But now she's gone..." Tirek said.
"No no no, Tirek! I swear this isn't what it looks like!" Cozy pleaded.

"No, this is exactly what it looks like." Tirek said. "You kill off the only pony I ever cared about, and you have the audacity approach me!? And pretend to be her!?"

"But it's really me! Tirek! Remember! We ran away and started our own village called TCGC! We built a machine to find the Rainbow of Dark-*gasp*

Cozy noticed the darkness was slowly creeping around Tirek.

"Remember Chrysalis and her pathetic princess act? Remember climbing Mt. Everhoof together! Remember laying siege to Twilight Sparkle with Grogar's bell by our side? Luster wouldn't know about our times together!"

"C-Cozy?" Tirek asked.
"Yes, it's me, big guy." Cozy replied.

"Cozy? I-*ZAP*AAAHHHHH!"
"Tirek!" she exclaimed.

Tirek was fully consumed by the darkness.

"Tirek! Can you hear me?! Tirek?!" Cozy exclaimed.

"The Tirek you knew was a shell of his former self." a voice came from the darkness around Tirek's neck.

*gasp* Cozy gasped.

The Cozy corpse crawled over Tirek’s shoulder. It twitched as its eyes opened, and they glowed a terrifying purple glow.

"Lord Tirek was destined to conquer Equestria, but then you came along, and showed him friendship. You turned the mighty centaur into a pansy on a mission to save his girlfriend. I'm simply here to put Tirek's on track." it said.

Cozy had recognized that voice. It sounded just like the voice of Grogar!

"Stop it! You're hurting him!" Cozy exclaimed.

"Tirek deserves better." a different voice said.

*gasp* "Who said that?" Cozy asked.
Dark voices whispered around Cozy Glow.

"So, you're Twilight's student."
"You hurt Tirek."
"You killed Cozy Glow."

A bunch of shadowy creatures surrounded Cozy Glow. She immediately recognized them as her friends from the village. Suri Polomare, Lightning and the Washouts, Svengallop, and many more. All had been turned into hideous shadowy beasts.

"What have you done?" Cozy exclaimed. “

Tirek charged up his magic. His large horns glowed red, and a ball of energy charged in the middle of the horns.

"It is YOU who is the evilest of all! You took Cozy Glow away! So now I going destroy yoU!"

"Tirek, no! You don’t understand! I’m-“ Cozy cried.

*ZAP*
“AAAAHHHH!!!”

Tirek zapped Luster's body with a massive magic beam. The blast sent Luster's body flying away at great speeds.

*bam*

They crashed into the side of a mountain, leaving the centaur and spirit of the Rainbow of Darkness to themselves.

"Thank goodness she's gone." Grogar said. "This kingdom is now mine once again."
If she truly is who she says she is, then she'll ruin my plan. Grogar's voice echoed to himself.
"Wait." Tirek said.
"Hmm...?"

The mountain side was glowing. There was still a great power emanating from within.


To be continued...

PreviousChapters Next