• Published 15th Nov 2019
  • 828 Views, 37 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villain named Cozy Glow's statue her ghost now follows me around. Question is, will Cozy Glow ever be able to crossover?

  • ...
24
 37
 828

Chapter Twenty-Three

When I opened my eyes, I found myself on the floor. Not only that but everyone was staring at me with excitement on their faces.

“Ta-da!” Princess Twilight said. “It’s your very own cutie mark! Congratulations!”

“What?” I said. I then looked down at my hand and there was no mistaking it, there was a picture of my staff on it.

“I did some research,” said Princess Twilight, “I found out that half human and half pony children don’t get cutie marks. So I talked to the Afterlife Court and they agreed that you deserve your own cutie mark! Ta-da! And you deserve it, because you’re the most decorated warrior in Equestria! You came out of your room just in time!”

“Yeah it’s a good thing too,” said Rainbow Dash, “or me and Dae would’ve had to drag you here! That would be after you were hog-tied!”

At that comment everyone laughed, some people more than others.

“Oh,” said Princess Twilight, “and one more thing before we get this party started. It’s been decided, and here it is! It’s a certificate that makes you an honorary adult! I’m so proud!”

“But,” I said, “I don’t become an adult for eight more years.”

“I know,” said Princess Twilight, “but you’ve grown up so fast and might as well be an adult! So, I couldn’t help myself!”

“Okay,” said Pinkie Pie, “not that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s get this party started, hurray!”

* * *

Later that night when I got home Fluttershy told me to come into the kitchen and I had no idea what horror was waiting for me there. Apparently Fluttershy was planning on doing this for a long time and just never got around to it.

“Okay,” said Fluttershy, “I think it’s time we had the talk.”

My eyes went wide in horror, “I thought it was a little too late for that.”

“Nope,” said Fluttershy, “It’s not too late.”

“Nope!” I said.

“Discord!” Fluttershy said.

Before I could run, Discord popped up and trapped me in his magic and forced me to sit down. Fluttershy then proceeded to tie me to a chair and gag me for good measure. I looked at the kitchen table to see that she was definitely prepared for it.

“Why me?” I thought.

Fluttershy cleared her throat, “Okay, let me see if I can explain this simply. You know people call this talk the birds and the bees talk, but I think it’s more like the bee and the flower talk.”

At this time, I seriously wanted to scream but I was gagged so that wasn’t going to happen any time soon. I just stared at Fluttershy in horror.

Fluttershy sighed, “Let’s see, you know how a bee goes into a flower to drop off pollen? Nod for yes and shake your head for no.”

I nodded and at this point I was frozen in fear. Fluttershy then proceeded to take a paper flower and what looked like a paper that she had managed to make. How on earth she managed to do that, I have no idea. Anyway, Fluttershy took the paper flower and proceeded to put the bee on top of it.

Fluttershy said, “See that’s what happens when sex happens, just think of you as the flower and Dae is the bee. I have a question for you, how many times have you two done it? Oh that’s right, you can’t answer right now.”

Fluttershy then put a hoof on my forehead and nodded.

“Let’s see,” said Fluttershy, “I’m getting five by my count, am I correct?”

I so wanted to shake my head no, but I figured Fluttershy would be able to tell if it was a lie. I just nodded my head as slow as possible.

“Oh boy,” said Fluttershy, “there’s a couple more things that I want to discuss with you.”

“Well,” I thought, “it couldn’t get any worse…”

I realized that even thinking that statement things could get really worse anyway.

“Oh yeah,” said Fluttershy, “I should tell you what an organism is. I have a note prepared for you here.”

Fluttershy then picked up the note that was on the table, I stared at it in horror.

“Do you understand it?” Fluttershy said.

I nodded again and Fluttershy smiled.

“Oh,” said Fluttershy, “one more thing, it’s about your wings coming out involuntarily. I think I’ll just whisper it to you.”

Fluttershy came over and whispered what it was in my ear and yeah I seriously wanted to scream. Fluttershy then nodded as if she had completed her sense of responsibility.

“Okay,” said Fluttershy, “that’s the end of the talk, you can go, oh yeah let me untie you.”

Fluttershy then untied me and I ran upstairs as fast as I could and locked the door.

* * *

The next day Scarlett came over and took out into our training area. Once there Scarlett sat me down and the edge of the creek and smiled.

“Yeah know what,” said Scarlett, “I don’t think I have anything else to teach, it seems the student has surpassed the master here. And after that fight with your mother I think you don’t need to be trained anymore. So let’s just go back to being best friends okay? You don’t really need someone to protect you anymore. Although you seem to have found a protector anyway.”

Scarlett then nodded her head in Dae’s direction.

“Your protector is waiting for you,” said Scarlett, “that’s cute if you ask me, and he’s handsome too! You sure know how to pick ‘em huh?”

“Yeah sure…” I said.

* * *

“Come on,” said Dae, “let’s go for a walk around town shall we?”

“Okay,” I said, “what’s this about?”

“It’s because,” said Dae, “we haven’t been on a real date in awhile. It’s because of everything that’s been going on lately. I think we’ve earned a chance to enjoy ourselves don’t you think?”

Dae then grabbed my hand and we started our little walk. Little did we know that Scarlett and Mr. Harmony were closely following us.

“Awe look at those two,” said Scarlett, “they’re so cute together!”

“Yup,” said Mr. Harmony, “those two sure do go well together. It’s almost like they can read each other’s thoughts or something. That is so adorable, I remember the first time I met your mother.”

“Yuck dad,” said Scarlett, “gag me! Shh or they’re going to hear us!”

“Sorry..” Mr. Harmony said.

“I’m pretending not to notice those two.” Dae thought.

“You mean,” I thought, “the two stalkers that are following us?”

“They’re worse than the press following you around everywhere,” thought Dae, “that’s what happened when I first became king. Those two are really starting to bug me.”

“What should we do about it?” I thought.

“I would say try to ditch them,” thought Dae, “but at least where we’re going you have to have a reservation.”

When we got to the restaurant there was a hostess standing waiting for customers.

“Last name?” The hostess said.

Dae then whispered the last name and the hostess got the biggest smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye.

“Yes, yes,” said the hostess, “right back here.”

When we got to the room, I couldn’t believe my eyes. The room was very private, with a table set for two. Dae pulled out my chair and acted like the perfect gentleman. The funny thing was that I felt a little bit nervous, I thought it was even more funny that I didn’t even feel this way with Silver Whiskers. I guess I really fell hard for Dae.

“So,” I said, “I know we haven’t been on a date for a while, but there’s something else isn’t there?”

“Okay,” said Dae, “you got me, it’s our anniversary. Actually it was yesterday but I thought it best to celebrate it today. What do you think?”

I couldn’t say anything else. I was just stunned by what was happening.

“And,” said Dae, “I got you something.”

“But,” I said, “I didn’t get you anything…”

“Actually, you did…” Dae said.

Dae then pointed at his forehead that had the mark of a key on it.

“You put Lucifer in a cage,” said Dae, “was the best gift you’ve gotten me, so don’t worry about it, okay?”

“Okay…” I said.

Dae then smiled and passed me a thin box. I opened it and gasped at what I saw. In the box was the most beautiful piece of jewelry I had seen. It was a gold chain that had a sapphire pendant on it. Dae got up and put the necklace around my neck.

“It looks good on you.” Dae said.

We smiled at each other and it seemed like time stopped when we shared a kiss.

* * *

Not long after the kiss, we were unaware that Mr. Harmony and Scarlett had slipped past the hostess stand and somehow found our room. While still sharing a kiss Dae and I were interrupted when we hear Mr. Harmony and Scarlett’s voices.

“Awe!” Mr. Harmony and Scarlett said. “That’s so cute!”

Dae and I then broke our kiss to see Mr. Harmony and Scarlett hovering over us. Dae was starting to look pissed and I don’t blame him.

“How did you two get in here?” Dae said.

Dae eye then twitched, and I saw that he was seeing red.

“So much for being private…” I thought.

“I’m asking you two again,” said Dae, “how did you two get here? And more importantly, why are you two here?”

“Oh well,” said Scarlett with a nervous laugh, “we were just following you two to make sure you didn’t do anything inappropriate, and it looks like you’re not, so we’d better be going right dad?”

“Oh...Right…” Mr. Harmony said.

“Get. Out!” Dae said.

“We’re going now,” said Scarlett, “right dad?”

At this point Scarlett was practically pushing Mr. Harmony out the door. I was hoping that Dae would not be too angered by this. Dae closed the door and took a deep breath.

“Um,” I said, “sorry about those two. Just don’t demolish the restaurant okay? I don’t think it’s scheduled for that yet.”

Dae sighed, “What is with those anyway?”

“They’re idiots I guess.” I said.

* * *

When we finished the date we went upstairs to my bedroom, that was when Dae started giving me a funny look.

“You know,” I thought, “you make me nervous when you give me that look.”

“Let’s see,” thought Dae, “we’ve been going out of a year now.”

“Your point?” I thought.

“Come over here…” Dae thought.

I stood up and hesitated then my wings came out.

“Did Fluttershy talk to you about why that happens?” Dae thought.

“Yeah,” I thought, “and it was horrifying, talk about a bad dream!”

“Exactly what happened?” Dae thought.

I then told him everything that happened, I guess he got a real kick out of it. That was because he almost fell over when he fell out laughing.

“That’s not funny Dae!” I thought.

“I’m sorry,” Dae thought, “it is… At least you have a parent to do that for you, me I just did my research on the subject.”

“You know, you sound like Princess Twilight when you say that.” I thought.

“You know what it’s called right?” Dae thought.

“Yeah it’s called sex I know.” I thought. “Stop looking at me like that!”

Dae still had that weird look on his face and I still stayed where I was. Dae then started to walk towards me and I took a step back and fell over.

“Ouch!” I thought. “Stupid tail! Stop looking at me like that!”

My wings then came out again, by this time that was getting to be really embarrassing.

“That’s so embarrassing!” I thought.

“Actually,” Dae thought, “I think it’s kind of cute, there’s nothing to be embarrassed about.”

“Yeah,” I thought, “it only happens when you give me that look.”

“Hum?” Dae thought.

I thought, “Seriously, what’s that look for?”

“Oh,” said Dae, “I’m just imagining you naked.”

My wings came out again and that was starting to get annoying.

“Oh come on,” Dae thought, “it’s not that bad, I thought I said that I think it’s cute.”

I didn’t say anything, I didn’t have anything to say.

“Yeah know,” Dae thought, “we probably should do this more often.”

“Yeah…” I thought. “Right…”

Dae then pinned me down on the bed, it happened just like the few times when it happened before.

* * *

“Good morning!” Fluttershy said when I went downstairs the next morning.

I felt very cautious about entering the kitchen.

Fluttershy just looked at me, “Don’t worry, I won’t tease you about it this time. It’s just a natural growing up thing. As long as I don’t walk in on you again, I’m good.”

“Remind me to keep the door locked.” I said.

“So,” said Fluttershy, “Norman will be here soon.”

As if on cue the doorbell rang.

“Hi Norman!” I said.

“Hi Betty,” said Norman, “I heard you and Dae had a special occasion yesterday.”

“Yeah,” I said, “it was our anniversary, let me guess Scarlett and Mr. Harmony told you?”

“Yup,” said Norman, “sounds like you two are getting serious, when’s the wedding?”

I just about choked on those words.

“I don’t know about that just yet,” I said, “there’s still some things that need to be taken care of first, it’s complicated.”

“Why?” Norman said.

“It’s got something to with being a Death Walker.” I said.

“Oh…” Norman said. “Speaking of death, I’m glad you’re out of your room now. It seems like you’re doing a little better at dealing with mom’s death. I know you were the one that killed her and in my eyes you were correct at doing that. Mom was a serial killer after all. Princess Twilight told me that.”

I sighed, “It was a struggle but I really think she died on her own terms.”

“Why’s that?” Norman said.

“She waited until her very last breath to say that she loved me.” I said.

* * *

Now normally, I would usually head out to the Castle of the Two Sisters to think about things that I needed to think about. But because that’s where the battle with my mom took place, I preferred not too. So instead I sat up on the rooftop of the cottage and began to make the choice that I had to make. I was debating about becoming a permanent resident in the land of the Dead or just wait until later in life.

“I know what you’re thinking,” said Cozy Glow, “you don’t have to do it. You can stay here and wait until you die naturally. I don’t mind, really I don’t.”

“This isn’t your decision to make,” I said, “I have to do it on my own.”

“Like I said,” said Cozy Glow, “I don’t mind being here.”

“That doesn’t make my decision any easier.” I said.

Cozy Glow then disappeared and that comment made things even harder to think about. Finally I had made up my mind, I sent word to the Head Councilman of the Afterlife Court that I would like to speak to him in private.

* * *

“You wanted to talk to me about something?” The Head Councilman said.

I took a couple of deep breaths knowing what was going to say.

“I’ve made up my mind,” I said, “I want to become a permanent resident of The land of the Dead.”

“You sure about that?” The Head Councilman said.

“Yes,” I said, “I’m sure. I also have a couple of questions for you.”

“Sure,” the Head Councilman said, “what are they?”

“I was wondering,” I said, “where did my mom go after she died?”

“Well,” said Head Councilman, “she didn’t go to Heaven or Hell, that would’ve been too kind of a punishment for her. She went to purgatory, the reason being is because in purgatory, the cycle of torture just keeps continuing, it never lets up. She’ll be that way for the rest of eternity. Oh and Gorgar is there too. What was your other question?”

“I was wondering if you don’t mind me asking,” I said, “how exactly did you die?”

The Head Councilman laughed, “I guess you can blame that one on Pinkie Pie. I had a heart attack at the age of thirty. Back then Pinkie Pie was young and hyper. Even more hyper than she is now. I spent years trying too hard to figure her out. So actually it was my fault.”

“Wow,” I said, “no one can figure Pinkie Pie out that’s for sure. Don’t feel too bad about that.”

The Head Councilman laughed, “Actually I don’t feel bad about it all.”

When I got back to the Land of the Living I summoned Cozy Glow to my bedroom.

“Well Cozy Glow,” I said, “this going to be goodbye, I’m going to finish what I started. It’s going to be like how my mom died. I’m going to die on my own terms.”

“You’re seriously going to do this?” Cozy Glow said.

“Yes,” I said, “and I know exactly how I’m going to do it too.”

* * *

The next day, I prepared myself for what I was about to do. I felt completely nervous as I knew that flying in this world would be my last time. I didn’t stop flying until I reached the tallest peak of Ghastly Gorge. I then used my staff to make an X five feet away from where I was about to jump.

“You sure about this?” Dae said.

“About as sure as I’ll ever be.” I said.

I then heard hoofsteps and footsteps running towards me and stopped right before I had drawn the X.

“Betty please don’t go!” Fluttershy cried.

“This is my choice Fluttershy,” I said, “and I’ve made up my mind okay?”

I looked over to see Norman with his eyes full of tears.

“Please don’t do this!” Norman cried.

“It’s time…” I said.

I then backed away towards the edge of the cliff. I then did a salute and gave Norman and Fluttershy one last smile.

“See you on the other side!” I said.

After those last parting words I made myself fall backwards to my death.