• Published 15th Nov 2019
  • 828 Views, 37 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villain named Cozy Glow's statue her ghost now follows me around. Question is, will Cozy Glow ever be able to crossover?

  • ...
24
 37
 828

Chapter Twelve

“Wow!” Rainbow Dash said. “That was so awesome!”

I had woke up from a deep slumber, not dreaming about anything in particular. I looked around the room to see Rainbow Dash, AppleJack, and Rarity hovering over me.

“Spectators while I sleep?” I said. “Seriously?”

“I’m sorry Betty, “ said Fluttershy, “I tried to tell them it they didn’t want to wait.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I said.

“You’re awesome Betty,” said AppleJack, “you defeated those people and ponies in one minute flat! Now I’m a rodeo pony but you’re a warrior!”

“Yeah,” said Rainbow Dash, “and you did it with your eyes closed! So awesome!”

“Huh?” I blinked. “Did it with my eyes closed?”

“Well,” said Fluttershy, “that’s what the bubble of silence is for. I was able to count how many people and ponies you were up against. I got to admit, I was really worried about you.”

“So how many were there?” Rainbow Dash said.

“Fifty-Five…”. I said.

“What!” Everyone said.

“Yup,” I said, “Fifty-Five…”

“And you did it perfectly!” Scarlett said.

“Thanks Scarlett,” I rolled my eyes, “now can you guys please clear out? I don’t need a welcome party to sleep.”

“Oh you poor thing,” said Rarity, “you must be tired after all that you did.”

“Yeah think?” I said.

“Yeah know what this calls for?” Pinkie Pie said standing on my bed staring at me.

“Where’d you come from?” I said.

I just pushed Pinkie Pie out of the bed.

“Oh I couldn’t help myself,” said Pinkie Pie, “but I couldn’t help myself, this calls for a party!”

“Can I take a rain check?” I said.

“Awe,” said Pinkie Pie, “come on! You know this calls for a party! Please?”

“No thanks,” I said, “I’m good…”

“You heard her,” said Fluttershy, “let the poor girl sleep. It’s nighttime after all.”

“Okay Fluttershy…” Everyone said.

Fluttershy then ushered everyone out the door.

* * *

The next day, I had loads of homework to do, but had to put it down because Silver Whiskers and Mystic Diamond came over to walk me to Sugarcube Corner. For what this was I had no idea, but one thing was for sure, I didn’t want a party. I had too much on my plate as it was. As soon as I got to Sugarcube Corner, the lights were off and I sighed.

“Great,” I thought, “just great a party, what else? Or, maybe the store is closed? In broad daylight, at this hour?”

I turned on the lights and sure enough, it was a party.

“Surprise!” Everyone said.

“Oh come on Betty,” said Silver Whiskers, “lighten up Betty, it’s a little thing we like to call fun.”

“But-“ I said.

“You’re not getting out of this one!” Princess Twilight said. She was holding a cupcake in her magic.

“A party is the last thing I want right now.” I growled.

“But you can’t just be by yourself!” Silver Whiskers said. “”Relax and have fun with your friends, would you?”

“Fine…” I said.

“Here,” said Pinkie Pie, “have a cupcake, they’re sure to make you smile!”

I took the cupcake and took a bit. Sure enough, it did make me smile because the cupcake was delicious.

“Oh and don’t forget,” said AppleJack,” try one of my apple pies! It’s a secret recipe handed down from generation after generations!”

As the party went on, games were played and there was nothing bu laughter all around. I did relax after a little while and began to see that fun could happen every once and while.

* * *

“So,” said Silver Whiskers, “are you going to graduate on time?”

“Yeah I think so,” I said, “as I’m doing homeschool now. As long as I get caught up with my homework, take a couple of tests and exams that I missed, I should graduate on time.”

“That’s great!” Mystic Diamond said.

“Not to mention your training,” said Silver Whiskers, “Scarletts really not letting up is she? How many people did she put you up against this time?”

“Sixty-Five…” I said.

“Sixty-Five!” Mystic Diamond said.

“Don’t you think that’s pushing it?” Silver Whiskers said.

“Not really, “ I said, “Scarlett wants to build up my stamina so I guess I need to be able to fight as many enemies as I can. I don’t know how many of them she’s going up to. Not to mention there’s this whole Cozy Glow business to deal with.”

“About that,” said Mystic, “can we help?”

“How?” I said.

“Well we can see her,” said Silver, “and maybe we can get her to have a different way of thinking?”

“Maybe,” I said, “assuming she wants to appear to you, it’s her choice.”

“Okay…” Mystic Diamond said.

* * *

“Celestia has sent word for you.” Fluttershy said.

“Why?” I said.

“It seems your mom is on the move again,” said Fluttershy, “ and she wants to add you to the Tracking Team to track her down along with Queen Chrysalis and Tirek. Don’t worry you won’t have to stay in the Land of the Dead long, Celestia will give you the assignment and you will be tracking them down in the Land of the Living.”

I sighed, “Will I had to work with Mr. Harmony?”

“I don’t know,” said Fluttershy, “maybe?”

“Well at least you can’t electric shock a ghost.” I said.

“I don’t think so,” said Fluttershy, “but I’m pretty sure Mr. Harmony would love to do that again if you step out line.”

“Great…” I said.

* * *

When I got to the Land of the Dead, I found Celestia waiting for me.

“So what’s this about a Tracking Team?” I said.

“Oh yes,” said Celestia, “but there’s another matter that needs to be discussed.”

“What’s that?” I said.

“Well you see,” said Celestia, “the King of Hell as requested an visit from you.”

“Seriously,” I said, “you’re not serious are you?”

“No, I wish I could say that I’m not,” said Celestia,” the King as already sent someone to escort you there.”

I then did a face palm as I could not believe what I was hearing.

“Why me?” I thought. “Why me?”

Celestia opened the door and nodded for the escort to come in.

“Step into my office please…” Celestia said.

In came a woman who took a seat beside me and felt terrified of her.

“Hello Parada,” said Celestia, “this is Betty, the King wants you to escort her to Hell in one piece.”

Parada then got up and started to circle me as if I were an animal in the zoo.

“Humph,” said Parada, “what’s so special about this runt?”

“Excuse me?” I said.

“Betty,” said Celestia, “watch your tone!”

“It’s okay Celestia,” said Parada, “there is one thing that the King has requested of you.”

“Okay…” I said. “What is it?”

“Before you can enter the Lord’s chambers you must be knocked out.” Parada said.

“You’re kidding, right?” I said.

“Nope,” said Parada, “not kidding, now stand still, this won’t take long.”

Parada came over and gave me one swift punch in the gut which took my breath away. As the light faded into darkness I had no idea of what was going to happen next.

* * *

When I woke up, I looked around and nothing looked familiar at all. I then noticed a man sitting beside me looking like he was bored or something. I then noticed that I couldn’t move and I was terrified and paralyzed with fear.

“Okay,” I thought,”this is not good! Not good at all!”

I struggled to try and move but I felt the terror take over me.

“Move! Move! Move!” I thought. “I know that you’re terrified but you have to move!”

I finally was able to move my hand and take out my staff. I turned it into a blade by combining my glass powers with my light powers.

“Get. Away. From. Me!” I shouted.

I then proceeded to throw the blade and it went past his shoulder and all the man had to do was tilt his head to the side. I then forced myself to sit up and winched at the pain. My muscles were extremely tight because I been paralyzed and held my arm because I had used it was the one that I used to sit up with.

“If you were trying to kill me,” the man laughed, “that wasn’t a very good attempt.”

“Damn it,” I thought, “he's either a complete psycho or a complete moron!”

The man laughed again like he had just played a really big joke on someone. Guess who was the butt of that joke? I think it was supposed to me I guess. I tried to break free of whatever magic that I was under, but it was of no use. The more times I tried to break the magic I made me feel like I had just run a mile or something. Has the man kept laughing I was in no mood to laugh back.

“What’s so funny?” I growled.

“You should see the look on your face!” The man laughed. He had laughed so hard that he had tears in his eyes.

Then the man finally stopped laughing when he saw that I was pissed off. He cleared his throat and held out a hand as if trying to help me up. I didn’t budge I was so passed off.

“Sorry about that,” the man said, “I was just messing with you that’s all.”

“That’s not funny!” I said barely able to get the words out.

“Oh come now,” said the man, “can’t a guy have a little fun?”

“Fun?” I said.”Really!”

I could then sense some strange power coming from and terror wield up inside of me again.

“Who are you?” I said, once again barley getting the words out.

“Oh,” said the man, “my name’s Dae and I’m the King of Hell, nice to meet you, Betty!”

I tried to take a couple more deep breaths to calm myself down, but it didn’t work.

“You’re really pissed off aren’t you?” Dae said.

“Yeah think?” I said.

“You’re determined to break out of my magic,” said Dae, “not bad… Not bad at all… Why you could be my next wife someday!”

I choked on those words and tried to catch my breath again.

“No thankyou…” I said.

“Well, feisty one aren't you?” Dae said. “I like you, just calm down okay?”

“Get away from me!” I growled. “You really think this a game don’t you?”

“Okay, okay, okay,” said Dae, “you got me, here, let me help.”

“No…”. I said.

Before I could say anything else Dae came up to me and pointed a finger to my forehead. Instantly my muscles went from tight to back to normal.

“So you had me knocked out because?” I said. “And why did you call me here?”

“One question a time, okay?” Dae said. “To answer your first question, I need your help with a couple of things. Do you know Mr. Giggles the Clown?”

“Yeah,” I said, “he’s Discord’s brother, but not really a clown, he’s something else.”

“Good,” said Dae, “then you might able to keep him in check for me?”

I gave a nervous laugh, “And why me?”

“Well,” said Dae, “I sense that you just might have the power to do so let’s just leave it at that.”

This time I laughed, “You’re scared of him aren’t you?”

“Ha. Ha, “ said Dae, “very funny and no I’m not scared…”

I laughed again, “Looks like the jokes on you this time. So next question you had me knocked out because why?”

“Oh,” said Dae, “that was for a joke, that’s all…”

“Yeah,” I said, “I noticed that…”

I rolled my eyes, still very pissed off.

“There is one more thing I’d like to ask of you.” Dae said.

“What?” I growled.

“Boy you’re very pissed off aren’t you?” Dae said. “My apologies for that, I heard that Celstia’s putting together a Tracking Team?”

“Yeah,” I said, “what of it?”

“Still angry with me huh?” Dae said. “Anyway, I’m naming you as the head of the Tracking Team alright?”

“Sure…” I said. “Okay….”

“I figured since you’re a Death Walker and all that you’re the best person for the job.” Dae said. “Congratulations! Okay I think it’s time we get you back home in one piece.”

Dae called for Parada and she came in.

“Yes sir?” Parada said.

“Can you make sure that Betty gets back to the Middle Ground in one peice?” Dae said. “She’s a special one, I can tell. And she has my favor.”

After Parada took me out of Dae’’s chambers she started to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” I said.

“I think you really made a good impression on Dae,” said Parada, “and he’s not very fond of anyone usually.”

“How do you know that?” I said.

“I can tell because I heard him laughing.” Parada said.

“Great…” I said. “That’s not creepy at all…”

Parada laughed, “You'll get used to him in due time, I think he likes you!”

“Yeah I told him no thankyou.” I said.

“You might change your mind later, unless you have someone else in your life?” Parada said.

“I used to,” I said, “but right now I’m okay being single right now.”

“You really should think about that…” Parada said.

* * *

When I got back to Celestia’s office I had double vision and still felt weak.

“You okay Betty?” Celestia said.

“Don’t ask,” I said, “uh, Celestia, how many of you are there?”

“Just one, let me guess Dae did something didn’t he?” Celestia.

“Apparently I was supposed to be the butt of a joke or something,” I said, “and according to Parada, he’s got a crush on me. I turned him down politely but I don’t think he’s heard a no for an answer.”

Celestia laughed, “You might want to change your mind about that one. I take it Dae approves of you becoming head of the Tracking Team?”

“Yup,” I said, “he even wants me to deal with Mr.Giggles. I think he’s scared of him.”

Celestia couldn’t help but laugh at the idea.

“The King of Hell,” said Celestia, “scared of something? That’s totally unheard of!”

“Yeah,” I said, “you’re telling me! I think I should go home now.”

The door to my vault opened and Celestia pointed at it.

“Well,” said Celestia, “there’s your door…”

* * *

I woke up the next morning and I still had double vision. Fluttershy knocked on the door to check on me.

“I heard what happened to you,” said Fluttershy, “I also heard that the King of Hell likes you…”

My eyes twitched at the thought.

“Yeah…” I said. “That’s n t creepy at all…”

Fluttershy laughed, “Oh come on, he’s actually the male version of Pinkie Pie. What’s so bad about that?”

“And double vision is fun?” I said. “Yeah… Right…”

“It’s okay,” said Fluttershy, “I don’t think he’ll do that again, that is if he wants to win you over.”

“A ha, ha, ha…” I said. “I’m not so sure about that…”

“You’re a riot Betty,” said Flutteershy, “don’t you know that love doesn’t wait?”

I gave a nervous laugh and looked away.

“Okay,” said Fluttershy, “whatever you say…”

That really made my skin crawl just thinking that the King of Hell might have a crush on me.