• Published 15th Nov 2019
  • 828 Views, 37 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villain named Cozy Glow's statue her ghost now follows me around. Question is, will Cozy Glow ever be able to crossover?

  • ...
24
 37
 828

Chapter Twenty- One

I got off the platform and Princess Twilight was waiting fro me.

“Well,” said Princess Twilight, “how did it go?”

“You know you sound like Fluttershy when you say that?” I said.

“Anyway,” said Princess Twilight, “when you get home, there’s something waiting for you.”

I rolled my eyes, “Gee I wonder what that will be…”

When I got home the lights were off.

“Let me see,” I thought, “hopefully nobody’s home?”

That was wishful thinking of course, because as soon as I turned on the lights, I heard a chorus of “Surprise!” Of course knowing Pinkie Pie balloons and confetti rained down on me. I did a face palm at the site.

“Oh for the love of-“ I said.

“You can’t take a rain check this time!” Pinkie Pie said. “I have you cornered now!”

“Pinkie Pie,” I said, “can you please not make an excuse to throw a party every time you see me?”

“What?” Pinkie Pie said. “Parties are fun, we get to play games and have cake…”

I took a deep breath and noticed that my eye was twitching. I turned around to see Dae trying so hard not to laugh.

“Let me guess,” I thought, “you’re in on this too?”

“Yeah,” Dae thought, “you can’t run this time, or I’ll tie you to a chair!”

“Fine…” I thought.

“Oh yeah,” said Pinkie Pie, “I heard you got a medal from Princess Twilight! Where is it? I wanna see!”

“I don’t have it.” I lied.

Truth be told I’d hid the medal under a floorboard underneath my bed.

“You mean,” said Dae, “this old thing?”

I looked in horror to see Dae holding the medal on his finger.

“How did you?” I thought.

“I can hear you thoughts,” thought Dae, “duh!”

Dae then tossed the medal and I caught it.

“You should wear that more often,” said Fluttershy, “it looks good on you.”

I took a deep breath and put the medal around my neck.

“Oo,” said Pinkie Pie, “wonderful!”

“I guess this is the perfect time to remember my promise.” I thought.

“What promise?” Dae thought.

“I’ll tell you later…” I thought.

“See!” Pinkie Pie said. “You’re decorated warrior Betty! That’s plenty of reason to celebrate!”

Dae laughed, “Pinkie Pie, you’re something else.”

“Thank you!” Pinkie Pie said. “I’m in a league of my own!”

“Alright everyone,” said AppleJack, “stop yapping and let’s party!”

At that comment everyone cheered.

* * *

After the party I went upstairs instead of going to bed, I went outside to the balcony and sat down and looked up at the stars. Dae came and sat down with me.

“I wonder what my teammates are doing right now?” I said.

“What do you mean?” Dae said. “You already saw them yourself.”

“Yeah I know,” I said, “stupid question…”

“So,” said Dae, “what was that promise that you made?”

“The Head Councilman of the Afterlife Court made me promise to lighten up.” I said.

Dae laughed, “Yeah that’s just like him.”

At that point I didn’t need to say anything else, I just sat there and looked up at the stars.

That night I had the same dream that always have. It was like a broken record in my head. Once again, I was running towards my mother trying to catch up to her. I didn’t catch her as always, but when I woke up, I had a feeling that I would be seeing her soon.

* * *

The next morning Cozy Glow popped up and I since I hadn’t seen her In awhile I kind of jumped back.

“What’s up?” I said.

“Princess Twilight told me to tell you that your mother as popped up on the radar again.” Cozy Glow said.

“One round of an abusive mom coming right up!” I said. “Where is she?”

“Well,” said Cozy Glow, “Princess Twilight said that she’s at the Castle of the Two Sisters.”

At that I was up and running.

“You’ll never make it time!” Cozy Glow said.

“Oh yes I will!” I said

I took a leap off the balcony and was up in the air in no time.

“I know you’re going to be there mother,” I thought, “you threatened my life and now you’re going to pay!”

* * *

When I got to the Castle of the Two Sisters, I looked around and couldn’t see her at first, but then I heard her laughing. My mom then stopped out of the shadows.

“My, my, my!” Mom said. “Look how much you’ve grown!”

Mom then cracked her knuckles and laughed again.

“What’s so funny?” I said.

“Oh I just want to see something,” said mom, “why don’t we settle this with a little game of hand to hand combat?”

That was when my anger came to a boil.

“You’re joking right?” I said. “You’ve been out of my life for a year and a half and this is how you want to settle things.”

“Think of it,” said mom, “as round one of our battle. Okay, you’ve been able to hold your against me when you were younger, I want to see how much you’ve progressed!”

“Fine by me!” I said cracking my knuckles too. “Then I get to kill you with my bare hands!”

“We’ll see about that.” Mom said.

I then dealt the first blow, it was a knee to the chest and then an elbow to the shoulder. She stumbled backwards and wiped the blood off her mouth and laughed.

“I didn’t say go yet.” Mom said.

“As if I’d take orders from you!” I said.

Mother got up as if my blows that I just dealt her were nothing, and she laughed again.

“What’s so funny?” I said.

“What’s that?” Mom said.

“I said, what’s so funny?” I said.

“Judging by those first two hits,” said mom, “you’ve gotten much stronger over the years. It seems that my daughter has done well for herself.”

“You don’t get to be a mother!” I said. “You’re not a mom at all! You’re just some strange woman I met. I’ve been through Hell and back because of you!”

Mom smiled, “This time, I’ll make you finish the job you started!”

“I don’t think so!” I said. “Cause you’re going to be the one to die!”

“Well then,” said mom, “I say go!”

“And I said,” I said, “I don’t take orders from you!”

“Well come on then!” Mom said.

“With pleasure!” I said.

So the battle started and blow for blow we seemed evenly matched. Every kick, and every punch and everything in between, we seem to not be getting anywhere. Finally, half way through the battle Dae and Cozy Glow caught up to us.

“How’d you know where to find her?” Cozy Glow said.

“I tracked her thoughts to here,” siad Dae, “how else would I find her?”

Then Mr. Harmony came running up the Castle steps and he was definitely out of breath.

“I’m getting too old for this!” Mr. Harmony. “So what’s going on here? Wait a minute, I knew Betty was good but not that good!”

Then I heard Pinkie Pie over us as if to tell the spectators what was going on.

“It looks like the fight I evenly matched folks! Oh look at that hit it seems Betty’s got the lead here!” Pinkie Pie said.

“She’s joking right?” Mr. Harmony said.

“I don’t think so.” Dae said.

“Oh for the love of-“ I said, “will you guys shut up!”

When I said that I almost got a hit to the jaw, but I blocked it just in time. But of course Pinkie Pie would not shut up.

“And there’s another hit folks!” Pinkie Pie said. “Oh, and it looks like another block too! There’s a pause that looks like they’re taking a break! Maybe we should have a word from our sponsors.”

I rolled my eyes as my mom tried getting me with another punch.

“How’d you get to be fast daughter?” Mom said.

That was my chance to land a hit on her jaw.

“How’d you get to be slow,” I said, “old timer?”

The hit made mom stumble backwards and I was able to get behind her and give her a kick to back and that sent her flying into a wall. Mom laughed again and got up from the hit and wiped the blood off her mouth.

“Give up yet? Can I kill you now?” I said.

“Who said I was going to die here?” Mom said.

“I did!” I said.

“Okay then,” said mom, “let’s go to round two shall we?”

Mom pulled out her weapon and I gasped at it. The weapon was a staff just like mine.

“Huh,” I said, “that’s just what I was thinking! Although it looks like you’ve reset the game consul just to get to level two! That’s cheating by the way!”

I took out my staff and made it into a blade. Mom took out her staff and made it into a bow and arrow.

“Looks like you like to turn your staff into a sword,” said mom, “I prefer a bow and arrow, let’s which one will work shall we?”

“I think a blade will work better,” I said, “it doesn’t matter though.”

“Looks like you’re being serious now,” said mom, “I think I’ll be able to take you down in one blow!”

“As if!” I said. “You couldn’t take me down in the first round!”

What I saw on her face next was a smile. That smile really pissed me off.

“You’re underestimating me aren’t you?” I said.

“No,” said mom, “I’m just impressed that’s all.”

“O ha, ha, ha!” I said. “That was so funny I forgot to laugh! Yeah know something snake? I forgave Luna for the attempt on my life, but I won’t forgive you!”

“Who says I want forgiveness?” Mom said.

“Good,” I said, “You’re not getting from me! You don’t get to laugh! Not when you’re going to die!”

Mom had that stupid smile on her face again.

“And wipe that stupid smile off your face!” I said.

“That wasn’t very nice,” said mom, “let’s just get this over with!”

“Fine by me!” I said.

Mom then fired the first shot with her bow and arrow I snatched in mid air and crushed it with my hand. I then noticed that the outline on my hand was black again and mom smiled at me once more.

“Well,” said mom, “my daughters achieved the dark arua, I’m so proud!”

“Proud?” I said. “You don’t get to be proud! Well then, how’s a little bit of water, and lightning to go with it?”

Out of my staff came a tide wave of water and a lighting bolt shot straight through it, mom took to air and what I saw made me even more pissed off. She had an outline that looked like a griffin and roared like one. Her bow and arrow were made of fire and started rapid firing the arrows at me. I couldn’t think of anything else as I kept up attack after attack. She seemed to only have wind and fire in her arsenal of attacks, but I seemed to have more all of the sudden.

“I didn’t know she could do that,” said Mr. Harmony, “did you?”

“Nope…” Dae said.

“Oh,” said mom,”by the way, I heard you’ve got a boyfriend now? What’s he like?”

“As if you’d like to know!” I said.

Mom then started rapidly firing her arrows at me but I used my staff to deflect them. Finally, after a long time of fighting I was able to take to the air and get behind her. I then dealt her a fatal blow. The blade went right into her chest and she crashed to the ground as if she were a meteorite and when she landed, a big hole was where she landed. I thought she was gone as soon as she hit the ground, but I was wrong. She stood up like it was nothing even though she had a gaping hole in her chest that was bleeding.

“Hum,” said mom, “this is an interesting change of events.”

“Shut up!” I said. “Or maybe I should cut your tongue out next! Is that how you want to die?”

Mom smiled at me again and laughed, she stood straight up when I landed on the ground.

“You don’t get to laugh!” I said. “Not in the face of death! Do you actually think that dying is going to atone for everything you’ve done? And you’re still laughing? How dare you!”

Mother stopped laughing finally and looked me in the face and coughed up blood. I sneered at her wanting to do more damage to her but I could see she was going to die very soon.

“I’m very proud of you actually,” said mom, “I wanted you to kill me, it seems I got my wish.”

I gripped my staff as if I were ready to chop her head off next. I gripped my staff so hard I was very surprised that it didn’t break.

“You wanted me to kill you?” I said. “Were you dropped on your head as a baby?”

Mom then coughed up more blood.

“You wanted to die by my hand?” I said. “And what problem is that going to solve, you snake?”

“Snake?” Mom said. “Is that what you’re calling me now? I guess that’s a fitting name for me isn’t it?”

“Yeah think?” I said.

Mom then coughed up more blood.

“It won’t solve anything I know,” said mom, “and it won’t atone for everything that I’ve done. You’re right, I don’t deserve to be called a mom.”

“I told you to wipe that stupid smile off your face!” I said.

Mom coughed up more blood and clenched the wound on her chest. She then did something that took me by surprise. She held out her hand to me, I figured she was going to try and take me with her. But mom dropped her staff and showed that she was unarmed.

“It’s okay Betty,” said mom, “I’m not up to anything, just take my hand.”

“And why should I trust you?” I said. “You haven’t done anything to give me a reason to trust you!”

“I understand,” said mom, “but if you won’t come to me, I’ll come to you.”

I stepped back and wanted to run away but mom embraced me.

“It’s kind of poetic justice don’t you think,” said mom, “a mother dying by the hand of her own daughter. You’ve grown up so fast, and it’s my fault.”

“Like I care about that!” I said. I was determined not to embrace her, I just kept my arms down and my body shook.

“What I want to say,” said mom, “is the very words that I should’ve said to you growing up.”

“What’s that?” I growled.

“The last thing that I want to say to you,” said mom, “is that I love you…”

“Like I care!” I said.

I then pushed her back and dealt the final blow. I punched her right in the wound in her chest. Mom’s body went flying backwards and down the steps, the last word she uttered was my name.

“And don’t ever say my name again!” I said.

I then sank to my knees in anger, the dark aura was no longer around me. I just stayed there on knees dumbfounded about what just happened. It was as if the clouds of the Everfree Forest knew just what to do, it started to rain.