• Published 15th Nov 2019
  • 828 Views, 37 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villain named Cozy Glow's statue her ghost now follows me around. Question is, will Cozy Glow ever be able to crossover?

  • ...
24
 37
 828

Chapter Fourteen

When the sunlight poured into my room the next day and woke me up.

“Well, “I thought, “another day, another problem…”

I went downstairs only to hear the sound of laughter.

“Wow,” said Norman, “my sister is awesome!”

I cleared my throat and Norman and Fluttershy noticed me standing there.

“What’s up?” I said.

“We were just talking about your capture of Queen Chrysalis and of course Dae.” Fluttershy said.

I did a face palm and rolled my eyes at them.

“So,” said Norman, “what’s your boyfriend like?”

“Ha, Ha,” I said, “he’s not my boyfriend and he’s annoying and creepy.”

As if on cue Norman and Fluttershy couldn’t help themselves, they laughed.

“Oh come now,” said Fluttershy, “you really should give him a chance.”

“What are you?” I said. “A dating service? No thanks, I’m good being single.”

I rolled my eyes and headed back upstairs to get away from those two. Before I could go Norman grabbed my hand.

“Oh no you don’t!” Norman said.

“What?” I said.

“Princess Twilight agreed that you should get some time off.” Fluttershy said.

“Exactly how much time off?” I said.

“Two weeks…” Fluttershy said.

“Is this some sort of sick joke?” I said.

“Nope!” Fluttershy. “This is not a joke!”

“Cool,” said Norman, “that means you can show me around Ponyville!”

“There’s really not much to see.” I mumbled.

“What was that?” Fluttershy said.

“Oh nothing…” I said.

“Good,” said Fluttershy, “now you go spend some time with your brother and Dae said he’ll be around later.”

“Great,” I said, “can I get a break here?”

“I don’t think so,” said Norman, “now are you going to show me around town or not?”

I sighed, “Fine…”

* * *

As promised I showed Norman around Ponyville. First, we stopped at Sweet Apple Acres for the best apples in town. Then I showed Norman Sugarcube Corners for a slice of cake.

“By the way,” said Pinkie Pie, “we really should have a party to celebrate your capture of Queen Chrysalis! I heard the whole story from Mr. Harmony and it was awesome!”

“Not this again,” I said, “Pinkie Pie I’m honored but no thank you!”

“Oh come on!” Pinkie Pie said. “That’s how many rain checks now?”

“It’s not a rain check Pinkie Pie,” I said, “it’s more like the answer is no.”

“Oh come one Betty,” said Norman, “lighten up for once will ya?”

“I’m fine,” I said, “besides I’m not a party animal, like you are!”

Norman said,”I don’t party, I am 19 after all…”

“Princess Twilight was your age Norman when she did a joint school program. Is that what you did Norman?” Pinkie Pie said.

“Why would Princess Twilight do that?” I said. “I mean, she was a star student wasn’t she?”

“Princess Twilight chose to do that,” said Pinkie Pie, “she wanted to get as many degrees as she could. That was because she really loved books!”

“I guess the only thing left to show you,” I said, “is the library in Princess Twilight’s old Castle. That’s where Headmare Starlight glimmer lives. Maybe she’ll let us in for awhile?”

“No thank you…” Norman said.

“Oh I’ve heard about you and Dae,” said Pinkie Pie, “if you give him a chance two would make a great couple!”

“Yeah,” I said, “no thank you…”

Pinkie Pie laughed, “Sure thing Betty, whatever you say!”

* * *

“Boy you were correct,” said Norman, “there really is nothing to do here. Hey I got it! Why don’t we go check out the Castle of the Two Sisters again? Rainbow Dash too me that there are some secret passageways in there.”

“Hum,” I said, “I never really thought about that sure, let’s go!”

We then had a lot of fun checking out the Castle of the Two Sisters and found a lot of secret passageways and once we had our fun we made our way back to Fluttershy’s cottage.

* * *

After midnight, I headed out for the Castle of the Two Sisters, and was hoping not to be bothered by anyone just so I could look up at the stars by myself. I also kept thinking about my capture of Queen Chrysalis and trying to figure out a plan to capture Tirek. I then decided to figure out a strategy by playing a game of tic tac toe by myself and before I knew it, the game actually looked like a plan of action.

“I got it!” I said to myself. I then heard a laugh that could only mean one thing, Discord…

“What do you want Discord?” I said.

“Oh you’re just no fun!” Discord said. “I was sent to tell you that the Afterlife Court has assigned you a seat on the Court! You get to make the decision’s with the big guy’s now!”

“That’s nice,” I said unsure of what to think, “as you can tell I’m in the middle of something! I’m trying to figure out a pan to catch Tirek!”

I looked over to see Discord floating in the air, snipping a cup of tea.

“Do you mind?” I said.

Discord then looked at the ground and smiled. “Looks like you have a plan, which is why you’re perfect for the job!”

“Discord,” I said, “go away!”

“Fine, fine,” said Discord, “I shall take my leave now!”

Discord then faded into the darkness and then I realized that someone else was waiting in the shadows.

“So much for being alone…” I thought.

I did a face palm and looked in the direction where the person was.

“What do you want Dae?” I said.

“How’d you know it was me?” Dae said.

“Because,” I said, “I sense your dark presence anywhere.”

“Ouch,” said Dae, “that wasn’t nice.”

“Gee stalker much?” I said. “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m in the middle of something.”

Dae looked down at the plan I was drawing and smiled.

“It looks like you have a plan,” said Dae, “which why recommend you for the jobs I thought you would best at and it turns out that I was right!”

“Uh,” I said, “thank you?”

“Hey I know how you can thank me!” Dae said. “How’s about a date?”

My eye twitched at the thought, “No thank you…”

“Oh come on now,” said Dae, “relax! I don’t bite, honest I don’t.”

I sighed, “Fine…”

* * *

The date that Dae had in mind was interesting, because Dae had a picnic set up at the Castle of the Two Sister’s right where we could look up at the stars. My eye was twitching at the thought going out on a date with him.

“What’s wrong?” Dae said.

“Oh nothing,” I said, “you’re really persistent aren’t you?”

Dae just laughed and motioned for me to sit down next to him. Even though my brain was screaming at me to run the other direction I decided to sit down instead.

* * *

I was still on my two week break when I was coming up with a plan to catch Tirek. I had written some things down, and scratched some things out. I didn’t realize that Fluttershy was looking over my shoulder.

“You’re working on a strategy for catching Tirek aren’t you?” Fluttershy said.

“Yup,” I said, “and I think I got it figured out.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be resting?” Fluttershy said.

“Yeah,” I said, “but I can’t seem to sit still.”

“You don’t want me to tie you to the bed do you?” Fluttershy said.

I shook my head, “No need, I’ll try and chill out okay?”

“Good,” said Fluttershy, “and maybe you should stay at the cottage so I can keep an eye on you more?”

“Okay fine,” I said, “I guess I can take a breather.”

“I heard you went on a date with Dae,” laughed Fluttershy, “how did it go?”

I groaned, “Seriously? He’s not my boyfriend in case you want to know although he is very persistent.”

Fluttershy fell on her back and couldn’t stop laughing.

“Does everyone enjoy getting a laugh at my expense?” I thought, my eye then twitched and I felt myself getting pissed off. I took a deep breath and count backwards from ten.

Fluttershy stopped laughing, “Do you know your eye twitches when you talk about him, is he really that bad?”

I groaned and went back upstairs...

* * *

1am rolled around and I was still tossing and turning trying to sleep. The next time I rolled over, I saw Dae sitting by my bedside.

“What do you want Dae?” I said. “Can’t you see I’m trying to sleep?”

“Yeah,” said Dae, “and you’re not doing a very good job of it. Demons don’t really need to sleep.”

“And you’re here because why?” I said.

“Oh,” said Dae,”I heard that you have a plan of attack for catching Tirek? I thought you were supposed to be taking a break?”

“In case you haven’t noticed,” I said, “I’m trying to sleep you are annoying me right now.”

“Well,” said Dae, “I’ll just stay here and watch you sleep then.”

My eye twitched again, “Please don’t…”

“Yeah know,” said Dae, “since you have a seat on the Afterlife Court, you’ll be Death Walking more than usual. That also means we’ll be able to see each other more!”

“Hurray?” I said. “I’m going back to sleep. Gee you’re just as bad as my ex-boyfriend Silver Whiskers.”

“I take it he was by your bedside also?” Dae said.

“Pretty much,” I said, “but that relationship is history. I’m good being single.”

“Oh,” said Dae, “I see…”

On that note, before Dae could say anything else, I rolled over and went to sleep.

* * *

After my two weeks of rest were up I was ready to get back to my assignments. It was also my first time Death Walking in weeks, as I got to the Middle ground, I saw Celestia waiting for me.

“Oh good,” said Celestia, “you’re here, well step right this way the doors to the Afterlife Court are right here.”

As soon as I walked through the doors of the Afterlife Court, the Head Councilman nodded at me.

“If you don’t mind Betty,” said Head Councilman, “take your seat right here.”

My eye twitched when I saw who I was sitting next to, it was Dae.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I thought. I took a deep breath and sat down.

After I got seated the Head Councilman had a huge stack of papers for us to go through. Then people and ponies came to the Court to be sorted out one by one.

* * *

When the sun came out the next day I was still tired. I went downstairs to see Fluttershy making breakfast.

“Good morning!” Fluttershy said. “How did your first night in the Afterlife Court go?”

“You don’t wanna know…” I said.

“Let me guess,” said Fluttershy, “you had to sit next to Dae didn’t you?”

“Bingo!” I said. “Give the lady a prize!”

Fluttershy laughed and smiled at me.

“As if I didn’t have enough to worry about.” I said. “It’s bad enough I got my own mom threatening to kill me, but all this other stuff? Come on, give me a break!”

I put my face on the table and groaned.

“I wouldn’t worry about your mom,” said Fluttershy, “Princess Twilight will send word when they find her okay?”

“Sure,” I said, “I just want to find her and bring her to justice. It’s almost been a year since she made the threat.”

“It’s okay,” said Fluttershy, “just don’t worry about it alright?”

* * *

The next day was another training session with Scarlett and she was not going easy on me at all. She had me trying to defeat up to 150 men and ponies!

“Are you crazy?” I said. “There’s no way I’m going to face this many people!”

“I can make things more interesting.” Scarlett said.

“How?” I said.

“Let’s see you haven’t your revenge on my dad yet,” said Scarlett, “if you can beat him after beating everyone else, he can buy dinner.”

“Hey!” Mr. Harmony said.

“Piece of cake!” I said.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you!” Scarlett said.

“Do what?” I said.

“Don’t,” said Scarlett, “underestimate your opponent.”

Scarlett then stuck out her tongue and Mr. Harmony laughed.

“Just like when you two were little.” Mr. Harmony.

“Yeah, yeah,” I said, “let’s just get this over with!”

As Scarlett predicted, I beat all 150 people and I was a little bit out breath but I was still willing to try and get my revenge on Mr. Harmony.

“Oh,” said Mr. Harmony, “so you’re ready to beat me now huh? Just so you know, I’m not going easy on you!”

“As if I care!” I said.

Then the battle began, Mr. Harmony and I seemed to be evenly matched. Mr. Harmony had some abilities that I didn’t even know about. We both paused and Mr. Harmony was more out of breath than I was.

“Are you going to give up yet?” I said.

“Ha,” said Mr. Harmony, “not a chance!”

We went back to our fight and I had a few tricks up my sleeve. I remembered when I fought Queen Chrysalis and most of the attacks I was able to combine and did a few more new attacks that I came up with on my own. Finally I caught Mr. Harmony off guard and he fell over. He raised his hands to say he surrendered.

“Okay I give!” Mr. Harmony said. “I’m done!”

I laughed, “Okay then, I think that’s enough revenge for the day.”

“Yup,” said Mr. Harmony, “you win…”

I was still trying to catch my breath when Mr. Harmony pulled me up and shook my hand. I then heard clapping in the background and my eye twitched when I saw him.

“If it isn’t our favorite King of Hell,” I said, “Dae…”

* * *

“Looks like your boyfriend is here!” Scarlett laughed.

“He’s not my boyfriend!” I said.

“I heard,” said Mr. Harmony, “they went on a date together, so that must be her boyfriend!”

I took a deep breath and counted backwards from ten. It didn’t work this time. I sucker punched Mr. Harmony in the jaw.

“Hey!” Mr. Harmony said. “What was that for?”

I shrugged, “I couldn’t help myself.”

Scarlett couldn’t help herself; she laughed at the two of us.

“What’s so funny about that?” Dae said. “That looked like it hurt!”

“It’s nothing,” said Scarlett, “you see Betty as a tendency to lose her temper, in case you haven’t noticed. I guess we should’ve stopped teasing her before that.”

“Yeah, and it wasn’t funny!” I said.

“Okay, okay,” said Scarlett, “we’re done! Chill out Betty!”

“Okay,” said Mr. Harmony, “I’m hungry aren’t you? Let’s grab a bite to eat. Dae, you can come along too.”

“Sure!” Dae said.

“What are you, my dad Mr. Harmony?” I said.

“Actually I kind of am,” said Mr. Harmony, “it’s because your dad’s gone all the time and he did ask me to look after you.”

“Well at least I have one parent that cares.” I said.

“Oh come now,” said Mr. Harmony, “you got to learn to start trusting people again. You sure did give me a hard time when you ran away. No more of that okay, promise?”

“I don’t know if I can do that,” I said, “I don’t make promises I can’t keep!”

Dae then had a look of concern on his face.

“What?” I said.

“You ran away from home?” Dae said.

“Yeah and you care because?” I said.

Dae sighed, “Nevermind…”

“Well,” said Mr. Harmony, “why don’t we go to Sugercube Corners?”

I did a face palm, “Oh no!”

“What?” Mr. Harmony said.

“Knowing Pinkie Pie she’ll make up a reason to throw me a party again!” I said. “That’s the last thing I need right now!”

“And tell me why parties are bad again?” Scarlett said.

As it was, I had no answer for her.