• Published 15th Nov 2019
  • 828 Views, 37 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villain named Cozy Glow's statue her ghost now follows me around. Question is, will Cozy Glow ever be able to crossover?

  • ...
24
 37
 828

Chapter Nineteen

“Good morning!” I heard a voice say as the sunlight was pouring into my room.

I rolled over and put my head underneath my pillow.

“Does everyone have to be this cheerful in the morning?” I said.

“Time to wake up now,” said Cozy Glow, “it’s a brand new day!”

“What’s got you so happy?” I growled.

“Oh,” said Cozy Glow, “Dae told me he had to take care of some things at the castle and he’ll be back later.”

I yawned, ”So, what else is new? You’ve been gone a lot lately.”

“I’ve been helping Princess Twilight out at the Castle lately,” said Cozy Glow, “I’m used to being tethered to the Land of the Living, it’s actually kind of fun.”

“Okay?” I said.

“Yup,” said Cozy Glow, “oh and Fluttershy’s making breakfast for you downstairs. You probably should eat something. I heard you haven’t been much lately, probably because you’ve been so busy lately. That can’t be healthy for yeah.”

“Yeah,” I said, “thanks for the advice…”

“Okay,” said Cozy Glow, “I need to go now. See ya!”

I then went downstairs and Fluttershy was waiting for me. As soon as I sat down, Fluttershy passed me a plate of food.

“I noticed you haven’t been eating much lately,” said Fluttershy, “you feeling okay?”

“I’m fine…” I said.

“You don’t look fine,” said Fluttershy, “you still dealing with your teammates dying?”

I looked down at the food and stopped eating.

“Oh I see…” Fluttershy said. “You take all the time you need to grieve for them, okay? But you should eat something.”

“I’m not hungry.” I said.

“Oh,” said Fluttershy, “okay…”

I then headed out to the Castle of the Two Sisters.

* * *

When I finally got to the Castle of the Two Sisters I found my favorite spot and sat down. But before I could think of anything, I heard a creepy laugh fill the Castle. The Castle wall practically shook with laughter. I couldn’t place who was laughing because it wasn’t Discord and it definitely wasn’t Dae.

“Who are you?” I said. “What do you want?”

A man then came out of the shadows. He looked a lot like Dae except his eyes were red and his hair was grey. I stepped back feeling nothing but terror. The man laughed again and it was as if he was all too happy to see me. My eyes widen because I had an idea of who it was, it was Lucifer.

“You guessed correctly,” said Lucifer, “I am Lucifer, you must be the woman that my son has fallen in love with. You really need to come with me.”

“And why would I do that?” I said.

“The reason doesn’t matter at this time,” said Lucifer, “but if you must know, I do want to get to know the woman that my son has fallen in love with. If you won’t come with me willingly, I’ll just have to take you by force.”

“Gee,” I said, “I’ve heard that line before…”

But before I could say anything else, Lucifer snapped his fingers and my hands were tied behind my back. I tried to break free of the rope but this was stronger than the rope that Mr. Harmony used on me. It was only my hands that were tied. I sat down just staring at Lucifer in terror. Then Lucifer came up and pointed one finger at my forehead and my mind went blank.

* * *

After I had my thinking abilities back, I had no idea where I was. Wherever I was, it was cold and dark. I could hear Dae calling out to me but it was like I couldn’t hear his voice, it was like he was yelling through a brick wall. Then a voice broke though the silence, Lucifer started talking to me.

“Yes, yes,” said Lucifer, “Dae is calling to you but I wouldn’t bother calling back, he won’t be able to save you. I think I should put him in his place.”

I then heard Dae screaming in the distance and it sounded like he was in pain.

I couldn’t do anything about it, my mind felt hazy, “Don’t…. Leave him alone…”

“What can you do?” Lucifer said. “You can’t get out of my magic at all. Right now, you’re in the dark, your mind is so dark, do you hear the dark souls that are calling out to you?”

“I don’t,” I shook my head, ”I don’t hear anything.”

At that moment I heard screaming and it was loud, a little too loud, so I covered my ears.

“That hurts!” I said. “Make it stop!”

“Don’t cover your ears to the dark souls,” said Lucifer, “they’re calling out to you.”

I shook my head because it was hazy and I trying to get the screaming out of my head.

“You’re my puppet now,” said Lucifer, “I’m going to look inside your soul. If you can’t break out of my magic your soul will be mine forever…”

At this point I wasn’t sure of what to do. It was like a movie playing inside my head again. The flashbacks started coming one by one, the things I hadn’t dealt with yet. The death of my teammates, seeing their graves, running away and being forced to come back. I couldn’t take it anymore and screamed.

“Get out of my head!” I said.

“Can’t take the flashbacks?” Lucifer said. “You do want to keep your soul don’t you?”

“Get out my head,” I said, “and I’m keeping my soul by the way, you can’t take it!”

“What are you going to do about it?” Lucifer said.

I could feel myself getting angry and my mind started to clear up and the haziness started to go away.

“Get. Out. Of. My. Head!” I said.

I noticed that my staff was suddenly in my hand, I made it into a blade.

“What did you say?” Lucifer said.

“I said, get out of my head!” I said.

The darkness then faded away and I could see Lucifer standing right in front of me. I also the rope that he had me tied in was broken and on the floor. I looked around to see that I was in a cage.

Lucifer clapped, “Bravo! You’ve broken out my magic. I’m impressed, by the way, what was that last thing you said?”

“Are you deaf or something?” I said. “I said get out of my head!”

Lucifer raised an eyebrow, “Oh, I see you’ve achieved the Dark Aura. You must be really pissed off right now. I can see why Dae has fallen in love with you.”

“Dad stop!” Dae.

“I thought I told you,” said Lucifer, “to stay out of this!”

I saw Lucifer flick his finger and Dae fell backwards double over in pain. I knew what it was that was causing the pain. It was the burn mark that, Dae had shown me before.

“Leave him alone!” I said.

I made my staff into a blade and made it as sharp as I could. Then I threw it at Lucifer and it boomeranged around the cage breaking it in half. I was really pissed off by this time and wanted to kill Lucifer if it was possible. Or least do has much damage as I could. I threw my blade again and it went though Lucifer’s chest of course his wound healed up automatically and it just left his shirt ripped. It also forced him to drop his cigar. Lucifer smiled as if it were nothing and looked very amused.

“I’m really impressed with you,” said Lucifer, “you did your best to try and kill me. It was a good attempt, I give you A for effort at least. Someone should put you in your place now.”

Lucifer then snapped his fingers and then gripped me in magic.

“I think it’s story time!” Lucifer said. “Yeah that little thing that you two have with being able to hear each other’s thoughts? That comes naturally to Demons because Demons can either choose to have that line of communication with one person or several people at the same time. It seems that Dae has chosen you to be exclusive with, isn’t that romantic? And after all the arranged marriages he managed to drive away! It seems he’s found a girl that fits the bill. Now, let’s see here,you broke, my cage, ripped my favorite shirt, and made me drop my cigar. I think you deserve a little payback.’

Lucifer then moved his hand and threw me up against the wall, he then proceeded to drop a hug boulder on me.

“Okay,” I thought, “now I’m really pissed! I’ve been thrown up against a wall, and had a huge boulder dropped on me for the last time! I think Lucifer’s going to pay for that this time!”

My anger had reached its boiling point, I then burst through the boulder and smashed it half.

“Well, well ,well…” Lucifer said and he looked very amused by then.

“What’s so funny?” I said. “I think someone needs to put you in a cage!”

Lucifer yawned, “As if you could really do that! You’re hitting a nerve ya know!”

“As if I care!” I said.

Lucifer was bored and as if I were still his puppet.

“You seem to get it don’t you?” Lucifer said.

“Oh I get it pretty clearly!” I said. “And you need to get your hearing checked!”

Lucifer then came over to me and we were face to face.

“What are you going to do about it?” Lucifer said.

“You want to know what I’m going to do about it?” I said.

Once again I made my staff into a blade. Next I took the blade and drove it through his head. Lucifer’s eyeballs actually popped out one by one as the blade went though. I stepped on them for good measure. Lucifer stepped back howling in pain. Somehow I had gotten control over his cage and I used my magic to rebuild it. Before me appeared iron chains and the rope he used on me earlier. I tied Lucifer up and threw him in his own cage with the rope and chains around him. The last remember was using my magic to sink Lucifer into the abyss and in my hand was a black crystal. I took the crystal that was in my hand and pushed into Dae’s forehead and passed out.

* * *

When I woke up, it was dark out and I thought I just had a bad dream or something.

“More like or something…” Dae thought.

I looked at Dae’s forehead and on it was what looked a picture of a key on it.

“Is that what I think it is?” I said.

“Yup,”said Dae, “it’s the key to the abyss that Lucifer is sealed into. I’ve always wanted to do that but didn’t know how, you seemed to have beat me to it.”

“Ah…” I couldn’t think of what to say.

“Oh and by the way,” said Dae, “it’s gone.”

“What’s gone?” I said.

Dae lifted up his sleeve to show that the burn mark was gone.

“I owe you one…” Dae said. “Let’s see that’s how many people and ponies and people you've defeated by yourself now?”

“That makes four,” I said, “actually that makes three because I had help with catching Gorgar. I was just tired of people underestimating me. That really pisses me off.”

“No kidding,” said Dae, “remind me never to get on your bad side. I still can’t believe you took his eyes out and stepped on them!”

“Yeah…” I said.

“What’s the matter?” Dae said.

I balled my hands up into fists, “Lucifer…”

“Look,” said Dae, “what happened just happened you saved me and that’s what counts. I guess I have to say I was saved by a woman now.”

I sighed, “There's a couple of things that need to be taken care of now.”

“What?” Dae said.

“Well there’s this whole portal business with Gorgar, and I’m still going to have to face my mom.” I said.

“You think you can do it?” Dae said.

“Facing someone else’s parent is one thing,” I said, “but facing your own is another…”

* * *

The next couple nights I kept checking in with the Afterlife Guards to see if they found anything on the portal that Gorgar was trying to make.

“We haven’t found out anything yet,” said the Afterlife Guard, “we’ll start interviewing his accomplices next and see if they start singing. They’re bound to sing like a parrot when they start talking.”

“I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that.” I said.

“Well,” said the Afterlife Guard, “we’ll keep you informed.”

“Thanks…” I said.

* * *

Little did I know that Gorgar’s plan was being put into action. The Afterlife Guards finally found out what Gorgar was up too. Gorgar was actually collecting from Death Walkers, their abilities that they had. The exact number of abilities he needed to create the portal was nine. Apparently I was interrupting him when me and Mr. Harmony captured him. It turns out that Dark Meadow had been working with Gorgar even when he was alive.

So far Gorgar before he got to me he only had six of the abilities. When Gorgar took some of my magic, that made seven souls magic that he had collected. In finding this out, the Afterlife Guards tighten security around the Prison and they made sure on one was talking about escaping. But with Gorgar only needing two Death Walkers magic to create his portal, that was bound to come into play sooner or later. We just had to stop him before that happened. All I could do was wait for the time I could stop him.

As I was waiting for Gorgar to put his portal in place, I was pacing in my room back and forth. I kept doing this when I heard someone clear their throat.

“Just how long are you going to keep doing that?” Norman said. “It’s enough to make me nervous. What’s going on? And more importantly where’s Dae?”

“He had some things to take care of,” I said, “he'll be back later.”

“I see…” Norman said. “You want to talk about it?”

“I don’t think you can help,” I said, “this is Death Walker territory.”

Then out of nowhere Cozy Glow popped up.

“Hi Betty! Hi Norman!” Cozy Glow said.

“Who’s that?” Norman said.

“Oh,” I said, “this is Cozy Glow, as you can see she’s dead.”

“And how come I can see her?” Norman said.

“I don’t know,” I said, “I don’t have time to explain it right now. What’s up Cozy Glow?”

“Oh yeah,” said Cozy Glow, “I have a message from Princess Twilight, the two souls the Gorgar needed came into play. Princess Twilight wants you at the Caste immediately!”

“What?” I said. “Okay I’m going, I’ll explain this whole ghost thing to you later Norman! I gotta go!”

I ran out the door and Cozy Glow was right behind me.

“You gonna fly or run there?” Cozy Glow said.

“You’re forgetting I’m a pretty good flyer remember?” I said.

“Okay,” said Cozy Glow, “see you at the Castle!”

Cozy Glow then gave me a salute and disappeared.

* * *

When I got to the Castle I stopped to catch my breath, once I did that I entered the Throne Room and gave Princess Twilight a bow.

“You can look at me now,” said Princess Twilight, “I have some news for you. Gorgar has already put up his portal. You need to be Death Walking for this one, but there’s no need to fall asleep this time, come with me.”

I nodded, “Sure.”

Princess Twilight then opened a door underneath her Throne. My jaw dropped at the sight, there was a platform with mirrors surrounding it.

“I’ve done some research on Death Walking and there’s a formula to transport a Death Walker to the Land of the Dead while being wide awake.” Princess Twilight said. “Now, it’s not perfect but it’ll get you to where you need to go. Just step on the platform okay?”

I did as I was told and stepped on the platform and a bright light surrounded me and in the blink of an eye I was transported to the Land of the Dead.

* * *

When I got to the Middle Ground I was heading to the Prison, I stopped in my tracks and what I saw next made me stunned. What I saw was actually beyond the Prison walls.

“Do you see it?” I said I didn’t even have to look to know that Dae was behind me.

“Yup,” said Dae, “we’d better hurry!”

“You’re telling me!” I said.

I then took to the air with Dae running right behind me.

* * *

When I got towards the sight where the portal was, I could not believe my eyes. What Gorgar was standing in front of was a mirror that was floating above a platform. I could only assume that it was the portal. Gorgar looked like he was having the time of his life laughing hysterically.

“Gorgar…” I growled.

“Finally,” laughed Gorgar, “I have obtained all the nine powers of Death Walkers, darkness, light, glass, fire, earth, wind, water, iron fist and copper blade! And only a legendary Death Walker can stop me and only if the Death Walker achieves the Dark Arua. I don’t see any Death Walker that’s capable of that!”

“Hey old geezer!” I said. “Remember me?”

Gorgar stopped laughing and looked towards my direction.

“Well, well,” said Gorgar, “if it isn’t Betty Jewel! Nice to see you again! You caught me once, but I doubt you will catch me again!”

“Oh,” I said, “we’ll see about that!”

After I said that, I felt a strong wind that came from the portal ripped right through me.

“A little chilly out here isn’t it?” Gorgar said.

I laughed and then took out my staff. Gorgar then went back to laughing, however I turned my staff into a blade. I then threw it at Gorgar and landed in mer inches in front of him. I then remained standing where I was.

“Awe,” said Gorgar, “the little kitty cat thinks it’s all grown up! But wait, you’re not of age yet, isn’t there something that you need to take care of before taking care of me?”

“Oh yeah?” I said. “Nope, I think I need to take care of you first!”

“Still trying to be a warrior aren’t we?” Gorgar said.

“Ha,” I said, “I already took you down once, I can do it again!”

Gorgar started laughing again and it was enough to make my eye twitch.

“Ah Betty,” thought Dae, “I think we should take care of the portal first, then we can worry about Gorgar.”

“Fine.” I thought.

Gorgar then faked a yawn, “I’ll just be here waiting to see if you can stop me!”

I then threw my staff at the portal and the portal deflected the blow. It boomeranged around and came right back to me, it was then that I had made up my mind.

“Wait a second,” I thought, “that’s it!”

“What’s it?” Dae thought.

“Remember how I can take an opponent’s attacks and throw them right back at them?” I thought.

“You’re not going to do what I think you’re going to do are you?” Dae thought.

“Yup,” I thought, “I know what I need to do…”