• Published 15th Nov 2019
  • 828 Views, 37 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villain named Cozy Glow's statue her ghost now follows me around. Question is, will Cozy Glow ever be able to crossover?

  • ...
24
 37
 828

Chapter Seventeen

When Dae and I got back to Flutershy’s cottage, Discord was there to greet us.

“Congratulations to the happy couple!” Discord said.

“Word travels fast, doesn’t it?” I said.

“Actually,” said Discord, “I was following you two around all night! I saw that first kiss by the way, it was so cute!”

I rolled my eyes, “Discord!”

“Discord,” said Fluttershy, “leave them alone will you?”

“Oh come on,” said Dscord, “I couldn’t help myself! Classic move by the way Dae, telling her to close her eyes and then kissing her, nice one if I do say so myself. Plus you guys look so cute together!”

“Discord!” I said. “Seriously?”

“What?” Discord said. “We’re all friends right?”

“Discord,” said Fluttershy, “that’s enough for now, leave them alone okay?”

“Okay, okay,” said Discord, “touchy!”

I took a deep breath and calmed down before I hit Discord in the jaw too. Discord seemed to be cued into it, he then faked a yawn.

“Well,” said Discord, “I guess it’s time for sleep now. You coming Fluttershy? I’m these two love birds don’t need us hovering over them.”

As Discord headed upstairs Fluttershy turned around and laughed.

“Don’t mind Discord,” Fluttershy said, “you kids don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!”

I could still hear Flutteershy laughing as she went upstairs.

* * *

I walked upstairs and practically crashed on the bed. Before I could close my eyes Cozy Glow popped up.

“Hello!” Cozy Glow said.

I sighed, “What’s up?”

“Congratulations about you and Dae,” said Cozy Glow, “oh I also heard about what happened with your teammates, you gonna be okay?”

“I was going to be okay,” I said, “until you showed up.”

“Ops,” said Coy Glow, “sorry…”

“It’s okay I guess…” I said.

“You’ll be fine,” said Cozy Glow, “there might be some flashbacks by the way. Have fun dealing with that.”

“Gee,” I said, “thanks…”

“You’re welcome!” Cozy Glow said.

Thanks to Cozy Glow the flashback’s did happen. I couldn’t help but think of the teammates that I lost and Princess Twilight saying that the mission was a success. The flashbacks kept happening one by one. It was like a movie playing in my head that I couldn’t stop. I couldn’t help it anymore, Iet a loud scream and then everything went dark.

* * *

I had no idea what happened after that, but according to Dae and Fluttershy told me that I was screaming my head off for two straight weeks. Cozy Glow was also constantly apologizing for even mentioning flashbacks. If I had it my way, Cozy Glow would be in a crystal prism and sent to Hell. But whatever was going to happen to Cozy Glow is apparently out of my hands. When I finally snapped out of whatever it was that I was going through I saw Dae sitting by my bedside and when I finally opened my eyes Dae jumped back a little.

Dae breathed a sigh of relief, “Oh good! You’ve snapped out of it! You’ve come back!”

“Exactly where did I go?” I said.

“I don’t think you went anywhere, you seemed to have had some sort of trauma,” said Dae, “your mind was in turmoil the whole entire time. What exactly did you see?”

“The faces of those who died,” I said, “before the bodies were collected I saw their faces every single one of them. They were my teammates so I considered them friends. Well they were actually friends of the family so I guess you can count them as friends. But the worst thing about it was Princess Twilight saying that the mission was a success. I just couldn’t get that thought out of my head.”

Another thought them came into my head, but I thought it was going to sound stupid so I just changed my mind. Of course Dae could hear what I was thinking.

“You never know the answer,” said Dae, “until you ask the question.””

“Did you ever know what death is like?” I said.

Dae looked at me, “No because I was born in Hell. So I never really knew death.”

“Oh…” I said.

“By the way,” said Dae, “the ceremony for those that died on your Tracking Team was last week. Everybody understood you were having a hard time, so they were okay with it and I was your stand in for it.”

“Thank you…” I said.

* * *

Two more weeks passed and I was finally off my forced vacation. Knowing that I still had to catch those remaining 150 escapes and this time I decided that only a 10 man team was needed in order for me to protect them. I really didn’t want another repeat of what happened last month.

“You sure you just want 10 people on your team?” Princess Twilight said. “I can send another team to back you up if you want?”

“No,” I said, “I’ve made up my mind. Ten people should be enough, I shouldn’t need anymore.”

“But-“ Princess Twilight said.

“I’m going to finish the job I started,” I said, “and I’m also going to find Tirek!”

“Well, alright then…” Princess Twilight said.

“And this time,” I said, “I’ll protect everyone!”

* * *

When we set it to find the rest of escapes at each spot we were able to catch five escapes each. So far so good, one would think right? There was a little wrench in my plan again. I came across some pony that I thought could never die that early in life, he was way too young in my opinion. The pony I’m talking about is Dark Meadow.

I was shocked when I saw him, “What the-“

“Oh,” said Dark Meadow, “hi Betty, could you tell me the way out of this cave?”

“Um…” I said. “Well no, the fact is that you’re dead.”

“I’m dead?” Dark Meadow said. “Oh yeah, I remember having this rock drop on me and then I was in this Prison. Then this really nice pony helped me escape.”

“What was his name?” I said.

Dark Meadow shrugged, “I think he said it was Gorgar?”

“Did he say anything about creating a portal linking Heaven and Hell? Do you have any idea of what he was talking about?” I said.

Dark Meadow shrugged, “I didn’t hear much about it.”

“Yeah well,” I said, “I’m going to have to send you back to that Prison.”

“Where’s that?” Dark Meadow said.

I sighed, “The Prison that’s in Hell…”

I then pointed the crystal prism at him and sighed.

* * *

As we were heading to the next spot, I had trouble dealing with fact that Dark Meadow had died.

“Hey,” said Dae, “wasn’t that your bully in school?”

“Yeah,” I said, “he picked on me a lot for being half and half. But I have no idea what he could've done to die and ended up in Hell.”

“Maybe he was a serial killer or something?” Dae said.

“I don’t know about that.” I said.

My team had no problem catching the rest of the remaining escapes, some of the escapes were strong and some were weak. Finally the job was done and we had captured all 200 of them. Actually by my count it would be 201 if you include Tirek. In true Princess Twilight fashion she wanted me to take some time off.

“This again?” I said.

“Well,” said Princess Twilight, “you’ve finished the job, so you really should be proud of yourself and your team this time. The whole team is getting time off to rest. You need to rest too. You can’t keep going without taking brakes or anything that’s way too much stress.”

“I’m fine…” I said.

“Actually,” said Dae, “I agree with Princess Twilight. You’re not a Demon like me, and you’re alive too. I know some people say they can sleep when they’re dead, but that’s not really the case when you think about it.”

“He’s right on that one.” Princess Twilight said.

“Fine, fine…” I said.

“There’s no need to worry,” said Princess Twilight, “I’m gathering intel as we speak. I’ll send word when we find Tirek. Okay?”

“Sure,” I said, “Okay…”

* * *

“Damn it,” I thought, “what’s the use in waiting around here until things happen? This sucks and really bugs me.”

I was sitting on the roof of Fluttershy’s cottage not really doing anything.

“A little eager there aren’t we?” Dae said.

“I don’t even wanna know how long you’ve been standing there.” I said.

Dae then sat down beside me.

“Well, “ said Dae, “this time you didn’t lose anyone like you said. You kept your promise… But, I don’t think that’s a good promise to make.”

“I guess you’re right.” I said.

Before we could say or do anything else, I heard thundering footsteps coming up to the cottage there was no mistaking it, that was Spike.

“What’s up Spike?” I said.

Spike looked up at us, “Tirek’s come out of hiding and he made sure that everyone could see him! You’ve got to get him out of the innocents area! Go, before he hurts any pony else!”

“Well that vacation was short,” I laughed, “I think Dae and I can take care of him.”

“You sure about that?” Spike said.”We can send reinforcements to back you up.”

“Nah, “ I said, “I think we got this, besides I’ve been waiting for this battle anyway.”

“If you’re sure,” said Spike, “like I said, wwe can send backup if need be.”

Before anything else could happen I took to the air with Dae following close behind.

* * *

Flying towards town I could feel the footsteps of Tirek stomping down the streets of Ponyville. I also saw many ponies and people running to get out of the way.

“I take it, that is him?” Dae said.

“Yup,” I said, “that’s him!”

“Last Death Walker!” Tirek yelled. “Come out and face me!”

I was still in the air when I yelled at him, “Hey Tirek you looking for the Last Death Walker? Well, she’s right here!”

“You’re that Last Death Walker?” Tirek laughed. “Why you’re nothing but a puny runt!”

“Excuse me?” I said with a smile.

“You’re a little runt!” Tirek said.

Tirek was still laughing when I cleared my throat.

“Are you done yet?” I said.

“I couldn’t help myself,” said Tirek, “you’re just so tiny! Are you really sure you’re cut out for this?”

“Rule number one when fighting,” I said, “don’t underestimate your opponent.”

Tirek stopped laughing, “I heard that you’re the one who took down Queen Chrysalis and Gorgar in one try. I can’t believe a little runt like you could d that!”

I then flicked my tail in annoyance and spread my wings to show that I wasn’t kidding.

“I give you a challenge,” said Tirek, “seeing as you took down Queen Chrysalis and Gorgar in one try, I’d see you do the same thing to me! But trust me, I’m not going to go down easy!”

“Challenge accepted!” I said. “You know I heard some intel about you too!”

“What was that?” Tirek said.

“That you’re slow and stupid!” I said.

“What did you say you little runt!” Tirek said.

“I said, slow and stupid!” I said.

“What exactly are you trying to do?” Dae thought.

“I’m trying to get him away from the innocent people and ponies here before he does any more damage.” I thought. “I’m taking him to Ghastly Gorge! Just follow my lead okay?”

“Okay then…” Dae thought.

“Come on stupid,” I said to Tirek, “you are pretty slow yeah know! I doubt you can fight me!”

I started flying towards Ghastly Gorge, with Tirek yelling after me in anger.

“You little runt!” Tirek yelled. “Get back here!”

“I might be a runt,” I said, “but you’re still stupid!”

* * *

When I finally got to the tallest mountain at Ghastly Gorge and looked down at Tirek. This time, I was the one to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Tirek said.

“Oh nothing,” I said, “you’re still stupid! And by the time I’m done, you’ll be going back to Hell!”

Tirek growled and charged towards building up magic between his horns. He then shot his magic at the cliff that I was standing on and I started to fall with the rocks but took the air and stopped falling.

“Not bad,” said Tirek, “I’d like to see you jump out of the way of this!”

With his magic between his horns he sent a fireball at me. I used my staff to put up a shield to push the fireball away from me. Then there was a second fireball coming at me.

“Betty watch out!” Dae thought. “On your left!”

Dae slashed the next fireball that came towards me, and it split in two.

“I’m impressed!” Tirek said.

“Oh yeah?” I said.

Tirek then proceeded to catch me in his magic and throw me into the wall of the canyon. I shook myself off and flew towards Tirek and I pulled out my staff and made it into a blade. I threw it and it boomeranged around Tirek and he just jumped out of the way.

“And you took down Queen Chrysalis and Gorgar? Tirek said. “I don’t believe it!”

Tirek then turned around trapping me in his magic holding me on the ground. The next thing I knew Tirek had dropped a huge boulder on me. I could sense Tirek walking away as if it were business as usual. That made my anger go to a boil.

“Oh well,” said Tirek, “I guess the halfbreed couldn’t do it after all…”

“I wouldn’t count her out just yet.” I heard Dae say.

I purposely played dead and took the time to think. What really made me was that insult. I remembered all the times I got picked on for that and I was sick and tired of it!

“I am so sick and tired of being called that!” I said.

Tirek laughed as if it was all a big joke to him.

“Don’t you dare call me that insult ever again!” I said.

I couldn’t think of anything else because my anger was at a boil. I then shot through the boulder and it broke into pieces. I could see Tirek watching in terror because I was so angry. I looked down at my hands and noticed that there was a black outline around them.

“What’s this?” Tirek said.

“It’s called the Dark Aura.” Dae said.

“And what’s that?” Tirek said.

“You’ll find out soon enough.” Dae said.

I then felt my staff in my was like a hot potato, but I didn’t care. My anger was still at boil, I turned my staff into a blade again and threw and it landed in between Tirek’s horns. I was able to stretch my staff and it broke Tirek’s horns. As I called my staff back I could hear Tirek roaring in pain.

“Huh,” Dae thought, “I didn’t know you could do that to a ghost.”

“Tirek,” I said, “I’m not done with you yet!”

Tirek was still howling in pain. I then made my staff into a spear and threw it at him, and it pinned him down. He was struggling to get away from me but, it was of no use.

“You little runt!” Tirek yelled.

“What’s the matter?” I said. “I thought you said I couldn’t take down Queen Chrysalis and Gorgar? You didn’t believe me, did you?”

“I was bluffing!” Tirek said.

“Well,” I said, “you really shouldn’t play poker at all then. You have a bad poker face! If it’s any consolation, you’re going back to Hell!”

“Betty,” said Dae, “catch!”

Dae then threw the crystal prism and I caught it. The next thing I knew I could hear Tirek’s screams as he was sucked into it. Still shaking with rage even though I had caught Tirek.

“Betty,” said Dae, “it’s okay, you can stop now..”

I couldn’t think of anything else because my mind had gone blank and the world went dark.