• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 837 Views, 94 Comments

Reality is a Blur - lLoveRainbowDash



Every day, Rainbow strives to push herself further and further, but can you push yourself too far? Rainbow ends up getting lost, without any idea where she is...

  • ...
1
 94
 837

Chapter Sixteen – Peaceful Night

“Well, here we are. Feel free to make yourself at home,” Percy said, taking his coat off and hanging it from a coat rack beside the doors.

“Thank you... so much,” Rainbow said.

“You are very much welcome. I believe London here is a bit tired from all of the walking, aren’t you?” he asked, looking down at London, who was yawning.

“Mhm. I’m tired,” he said, rubbing his eye.

“Well, come with me, I have a room for you, just upstairs. Oh, Rainbow, you don’t mind sharing a room with him, do you?”

“No, not at all.”

While Percy led London to their room, Rainbow looked around the room. She was still waiting by the door. There were two windows that were on either side of the doors. They had intricate designs inside of the glass that shined golden in the evening sunlight. The floor was made of tiles that were smooth white stones with small, shiny black flakes inside of each one.

The rails on the stairs were golden and curvy. The steps were the same as the flooring, but each step had a golden trim on the edges. The front doors were brown wood with golden handles. The windows in the middle of the doors looked the same as the windows on the sides with the golden designs.

In the middle of the room, there was a small black table with a large vase on top of it. The vase was a shiny turquoise with gold and black flakes mixed in it. There was a small plant inside of the large vase, which seemed odd. The plant was green with small multicoloured flowers scattered about.

Percy came back down the stairs, and stood at the bottom. “I gave him a snack and some water... he said he was hungry.”

“Oh, yeah, that’s fine.”

“You want something to eat? You look hungry as well.”

“Yes, that would be nice, thank you.”

He walked past Rainbow and opened a sliding door. She followed him into the other room and saw that it was a kitchen. He then kept going and opened another door. Inside was a smaller room that, within, was stocked up with different types of foods.

“Go ahead, grab what you want. I’ll go get you a drink,” Percy said, walking out of the door.

Rainbow looked at all of the food, resisting the urge to take it all. Not wanting to be rude, she just grabbed a small pack of crackers. She walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. Percy was pouring something into a small glass.

“Here, have a seat,” he said, pulling a chair out. He sat in his own chair across the table from her. He slid the glass of red liquid to her.

“Thanks.” Rainbow took a drink of it. It burned on the way down, causing her to cough a couple times. “W-what is that?”

“Sorry, I should have told you. It’s wine. It burns the back of your throat a little.”

Rainbow laughed. “A little?”

“Yeah, just a little.” He took a sip of his own glass. “So, tell me a bit about yourself. Before you were captured, I mean.”

“I-I... I woke up in the middle of nowhere... without any memory. I...” Rainbow took a moment to breath. “I... don’t know who I am. I woke up with this giant burn. And... I followed a small creek up into the mountains where I was then attacked by an animal in the snow. I went to sleep in a cave... but I was almost attacked by even more animals. Then—”

“What about London? He’s... not yours?”

“When I was captured, I found him by himself. He had no family around and I couldn’t just leave him. I had to do something, so I told him to stay with me.”

“He was in the slave camp?”

“Y-yeah.”

“Oh my... I hate those ponies. Ah... anyway, continue.”

“After the cave, I flew through the night and got away from the mountains. I slept in a field. It was hot. While walking, I fell into a large canyon... that’s what happened to my wing...”

“I-I’m so sorry, I didn’t know...”

“It’s fine. Anyway, I walked through the canyon for a while, then I found a large structure with a bunch of earth ponies by it. I now know that they were mining. But... I was so excited to see another pony, after such a long time, I... fainted. Then, I woke up in the back of a wagon, and when I tried to escape, the pony cut me. That’s when I had to get away. I ran, and ran. I got to a point where my body just... gave up. They eventually found me lying in the sand of the harsh desert and brought me back to the wagon train. I then woke up tied to a tree in the middle of a forest. That’s when I found London. They transported us here, and... yeah... that’s my story.”

“My, my... You have been through a lot. So, all these cuts and scars you have,” he said, gesturing to her body, “are from animal attacks and those catchers?”

“Basically, yeah,” she responded.

“I’ll give you my finest medications to get you back to health. It’ll take some time, but you’ll be back to normal. Here, let me get a look at your wing.”

Rainbow got up and walked to the other side of the table. She leaned down to let him see the wing.

“Who put the bandages on?” he asked, putting some glasses on.

“The ponies who... captured me.”

“Hmm... That explains a lot. This bandage isn’t going to heal your wing. It’s dislocated. You’ll need to pop it back into place.”

“P-pop?”

“Yes. Stay still, this’ll hurt.” Without hesitation, Percy jerked her wing in a strange way. There was an audible crack, as well as pain. Rainbow gritted her teeth. “There, I won’t touch it anymore. I’m done.”

Rainbow looked at her wing, and saw that it wasn’t hanging loosely at her side anymore. It hurt to move it, but it was back to normal.

“Do you know how to fly?” he asked, taking his glasses off.

“Y-yes.”

“Okay, make sure not to try to fly for a little while. Your wing still needs to heal completely. But, once it is done, it’ll be as good as new!”

“Are you a doctor?”

“Yes, I was a doctor. Alright, you should head to bed. It’s been a long day for you, I’m sure of it.”

“Yes, I’ll go now.” Rainbow took one last sip of her wine, then walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs. She remembered seeing Percy and London walking into the room straight to the right.

She slowly opened the door. London was asleep with a few crackers next to him on the bed. Across the room was another, larger, bed. Beside each of the beds was a nightstand with a small lamp on top.

Rainbow closed the door and walked to the side of London’s bed. She lifted the covers over him.

“Goodnight, London,” she whispered. She walked back to her bed and turned off the lamp.

Slipping into the covers on her bed, she thought, I... I can get used to this.