• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 831 Views, 94 Comments

Reality is a Blur - lLoveRainbowDash



Every day, Rainbow strives to push herself further and further, but can you push yourself too far? Rainbow ends up getting lost, without any idea where she is...

  • ...
1
 94
 831

Chapter Eight – Investigation

The day Rainbow tries to fly fast, back at Ponyville.


The main six were seated at a table, enjoying the sunny day while eating breakfast. Rainbow was eager to get eating out of the way.

“Darling, what are you so excited about?” Rarity asked.

“Remember when you told me about flying faster? Well, I’m gonna try today!” Rainbow answered.

“You really want to try that bad, don’t ya?” Applejack said, laughing slightly.

“Yeah! It sounds cool. I don’t even know why I’ve never thought about going faster before.”

“I don’t want to rain on your parade, Rainbow, but... you could hurt yourself if you push yourself too far,” Twilight said.

“I’m too cool to get hurt, Twi,” Rainbow boasted.

“That’s... Know what? Yeah. But be careful. I don’t want you getting hurt.” Twilight gave up. Rainbow was just too cool.

“Pfft, what’s the worst that could happen? I get lost? That isn’t gonna happen!”

Rainbow quickly ate, stuffing food into her mouth.

“Shee you girls wayter, I’m headin’ off,” Rainbow said, mouth full of food.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” Rarity asked.

“Bye!” Rainbow called out, flying off to her house.

Rarity looked towards the others, eyebrow raised.

“Don’t look at me; I didn’t catch a thing she said,” Applejack said, raising her hooves up.

“She’s just being Rainbow Dash,” Twilight said out loud.

“I wish I could fly; I want to know what it’s like,” Pinkie Pie said.

“It’s sometimes scary,” Fluttershy said.

“Huh... no wonder Rainbow Dash likes it.”

Twilight stared off into the sky, waiting to see a rainbow streak go across the sky.

“What are ya lookin’ at?” Applejack asked, looking up where Twilight was staring.

Twilight shook her head, looking back down to the table. “Oh, nothing.”

“Hey, girls, what about we have a big slumber party tonight!” Pinkie suggested.

“I suppose that would be relaxing, sure Darling,” Rarity said, smiling.

“Yeah, I have to take care of a few things on the farm, but after that, I should be able to,” Applejack agreed.

“This is going to be fun,” Fluttershy said.

Twilight looked up to the sky again. “What about Rainbow?”

“I’ll ask her later, when she gets back, but for now, I have to set up, see you later, girls!” Pinkie exclaimed as she ran to Sugarcube Corner.

“Well, I’ll go do my chores now, see ya,” Applejack said, getting up from the table.

“Bye, Applejack!” Twilight called out to her. Turning back to the table, she asked, “What about you two?”

“Oh, me? Well, I am going to finish an order that came in yesterday, I’m almost finished though,” Rarity answered, standing up.

“I’ll go check up with the animals, bye Twilight,” Fluttershy responded.

Twilight smiled as her two other friends walked away. She then looked back into the sky, just in time to see a blue dot in the sky dash off, leaving a rainbow-coloured trail behind. Not too long after, she saw an explosion of colour.

Why did I even worry? Nothing bad will happen! Twilight thought.


The main 5 were in a large tent just outside of Ponyville.

“This was the only open spot I could really find in the short time I had, sorry about that girls,” Pinkie Pie said.

“Oh, don’t you worry, Darling! This is going to be fun no matter what,” Rarity responded.

“Yeah, it’ll be fun,” Applejack agreed.

“Where is Rainbow Dash?” Twilight asked.

“She’s not back yet?” Fluttershy asked.

“I couldn’t find her, I was trying to see if she wanted to do this with us,” Pinkie said.

“Maybe she’s just getting some rest, she might be tired from all of her flying,” Rarity suggested.

“I guess that makes sense,” Applejack agreed.

Twilight wanted to believe what she heard the others saying, but, deep down, she felt like something was wrong. She just couldn’t tell what.

Most of the night, Twilight felt worried sick. She just couldn’t take her mind off of it, at all.

It got to a point in the night when each of them laughed at the slightest joke, funny or not.

“Oh, remember when Rainbow yelled at that stallion in the restaurant the other day?!” Pinkie shouted, on the verge of laughter.

Each of them joined in laughing together, except Twilight.

“Wait, shouldn’t we go find that photo? If Rainbow didn’t do it, then who was it in the picture?” Twilight asked as all of them stopped the laughing.

“Twilight does have a point. I just wonder who actually did it,” Rarity agreed.

“That photo is most likely long gone,” Applejack said, shifting in her sleeping bag.

“I never really got a good look at it, everything was just happening so fast,” Fluttershy said, remembering the moments of that night.

“To make y’all feel better, we can go look for that stallion in the mornin’. For now, let’s get some sleep,” Applejack suggested.

They all silently agreed, turning off their flashlights for the night.


The five of them awoke that morning, still wondering where Rainbow Dash was. She wasn’t at her house, Fluttershy had checked, and she wasn’t anywhere in town. She was nowhere to be seen.

Twilight had started to worry even more when they couldn’t find their friend, but they still wanted to find the photo that supposedly showed Rainbow Dash stealing.

It was a lot more simpler to find the pony they were looking for, seeing as how he was at the fruit stand in the market place.

Not wanting to spook the unicorn, only Twilight and Rarity went to talk with him.

“Hello there,” Twilight greeted, walking up to the stand. “I was just wondering... you wouldn’t happen to have that photo still... would you?”

“Uh... what photo?” he responded.

“Remember, at the restaurant the other night.”

“I... don’t rem—Oh! That one!” The stallion reached into his saddlebags, pulling the picture out. “By the way, I’m sorry about the way I acted, I was just ticked off that somepony would steal some of my fruits.”

Rarity took the photo. “Thank you, and we’re sorry about our friend that night; she overreacted a bit. Anyways, have a wonderful day, um... never quite caught your name.”

“Oh, my name is Fresh!”

“Well, Mr. Fresh, have a fantastic day,” Rarity said, giving a warm smile.

Rarity followed Twilight to where the rest of them were waiting. They sat at the same table as the day before, setting the photo down in the center of the table.

“Wow, that really does look like Rainbow,” Applejack said, looking closely at the picture.

Twilight grabbed the photo, taking a closer look at it herself. As she looked at every detail, she thought to herself, Rainbow... where did you go?

In the picture, it showed a pony taking fruits from Fresh’s stand. The pony in particular, though, looked... different than the normal Rainbow Dash. The one in the picture, looked... older. It was a little hard to tell, but Twilight noticed.

That... that is really... weird. Are there two Rainbow Dashes? Twilight pondered.

Fluttershy scooted the photo in front of her, “Whoa, she looks... different.”

“I know, it’s almost like she’s a duplicate, or something,” Twilight agreed.

“Lemme have a look!” Pinkie exclaimed, grabbing the picture. “That looks just like her, just... scarier.”

“Scarier could be a way to put it. I just don’t get how somepony would be able to recreate Rainbow’s whole look, unless it were...” Applejack stopped, suddenly realizing something. “Could it be Queen Chrysalis?!”

Twilight gasped, growing even more worried for Rainbow Dash. “Queen Chrysalis captured Rainbow!”

All five of them got up from the table, running towards Twilight’s castle. As they were running to the castle, Twilight was filling them in on what their plans were, “Okay, we can’t just barge into Chrysalis’ hive all of a sudden, we’re going to need help from the princesses. So, I’ll write a letter to Princess Celestia, you girls go get ready, fast! Meet at my castle!"

All five of them split off to their own separate directions.

This wasn’t going to be easy.