• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 819 Views, 94 Comments

Reality is a Blur - lLoveRainbowDash



Every day, Rainbow strives to push herself further and further, but can you push yourself too far? Rainbow ends up getting lost, without any idea where she is...

  • ...
1
 94
 819

Chapter Nineteen – Change of Plans

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, sorry this chapter took so long to be published.

Because of school, I will be publishing chapters at a much slower rate than before. Hope you all understand.

Three days after Rainbow Dash went missing, inside of the throne room of Canterlot Castle.


“I’m afraid I cannot do that, Twilight. That could put too many ponies’ lives in danger,” Princess Celestia said from atop her throne.

Please. We can’t just let Chrysalis do this to Rainbow Dash,” Twilight pleaded. Her eyes glistened from the tears building up. Just the thought of her close friend being in so much danger felt... purely dreadful.

“Listen, Twilight... Rainbow Dash, she... means a lot to all of us, you especially... but how can you be so sure it was Chrysalis' doing?”

“Because there’s no way that wasn’t Chrysalis in the photo! I know, I... I’d recognize Rainbow Dash anywhere! So who else could it be in the photo? After all, only changelings can morph into other creatures.”

“Yes, but... have...” Celestia sighed. “Have you thought about the possibility of that photo being the real Rainbow Dash? I understand you’re worried about her, and so am I, but you mustn't jump to conclusions so quickly. I’m sorry, Twilight.”

“There’s got to be something you can do,” Twilight begged, beginning to cry freely.

“I can send a search party of Royal Guards to find Rainbow Dash. They can help you. You and your friends.”

“I don’t need a search party. It was Chrysalis!”

“Twilight. I cannot risk the lives of my ponies.”

“But—”

“I simply can’t, Twilight.”

Twilight sighed. “W-where should we search?”

“I am sorry, my student, but I cannot say... However, I trust that you will find the solution, because after all... you know her better than I do, Twilight.”

“T-thank you, Princess,” she stammered in response, before turning to walk out the room.

“Twilight,” she heard another voice call out to her.

“Yes, P-Princess?” she asked, turning back around to face Luna.

“Perhaps I could help you,” the younger princess said, bearing a reassuring smile.

“Y-you will?”

“Of course, Twilight. It is my pleasure.”

As Princess Luna came down from her throne to catch up with Twilight, Celestia said, “Best of luck, you two. I do hope you find her... And... if it does turn out that Rainbow Dash has... been captured by the changelings... then I truly am sorry.”

They walked the rest of the way out of the throne room where Twilight’s friends awaited.

“So, what are we going to do about Chrysalis and the changelings?” Applejack asked.

“A search party will accompany us in an attempt to find Rainbow Dash. If she has been captured by Chrysalis, then there is nothing me and my sister can do, I-I’m sorry,” Princess Luna answered.

“So... we’re just gonna go on a meaningless search for a pony that we already know where she is?”

“It is not meaningless; doing something is better than nothing.”

“Remember when she wanted to try that thing Rarity had asked her? Maybe she just got lost after going too far,” Pinkie Pie proposed.

“That’s quite unlikely for a mare such as Rainbow Dash,” Rarity said.

“Well, she does crash sometimes,” Pinkie said.

“I hope she’s okay,” Fluttershy said.

“Yes, I do hope something dreadful hasn't happened to her,” Rarity agreed.

“We should get going; nightfall will be upon us soon,” Luna said, leading them towards the forefront of the castle. The group silently agreed and followed closely behind her.


“We have to wait for the Royal Guards to get here. They will have a chariot ready to take us to Ponyville where we can start the search,” Luna said as they got to the fountain in the center of Canterlot. “Twilight, do you know which way Rainbow Dash went?”

“L-last time I saw her, s-she was headed west, I-I think,” Twilight stammered.

“Hey, it’s okay. Do not worry, Twilight. We will find her,” Luna soothed.

“I-I know. It’s just that... I miss her.”

“We all miss her, Twilight. And we’re gonna find her no matter what,” Applejack comforted.

Just then, around a dozen Royal Guard ponies came marching towards them from seemingly nowhere. The ponies stopped and stood in a neat formation in front of a large chariot. They were all pegasus ponies with saddlebags hung over their backs. “Princess Luna, Twilight Sparkle, we have been sent by Princess Celestia to aid you in your search for your friend, Rainbow Dash,” the frontmost guard said. “Where would you like to search first?”

“Would you be able to take us down to Ponyville? Last time Twilight had seen her, she was headed west from there,” Luna said.

“Of course, Princess Luna.” The Royal Guards attached themselves to the chariot while everypony got in.


“I didn’t know it was this bad. I hope we find her,” Spike said. He was seated on Twilight’s back looking at the map she held in front of them.

The sun had gone down about an hour ago, leaving them surrounded by the darkness of White Tail Woods. The stars themselves were surrounded by darkness, flickering with unique colours.

Luna had split the guards up amongst everypony so they could go out and search separately to cover more ground.

Twilight looked back at Spike. “Thank you for coming, Spike. I-it really helps to have a great friend around.”

“Of course, Twilight. I wouldn’t leave you hanging!” Spike reassured, hugging her neck. “Do you know where we are on the map?”

“Yes. Well, not exactly. B-but I have a good idea. We are here,” she pointed to a darker spot on the map, “in White Tail Woods. This is the way Rainbow Dash was headed when I watched her... leave.”

Twilight folded the map and kept walking down the darkened path. The trees swayed in the soft wind. She looked ahead and saw that Princess Luna had returned with the rest of the ponies. “Did you find her?” she asked, running forward to meet them. Spike hopped off of her back.

“No, I’m sorry. We came back to set up for the night. Everypony is tired,” Princess Luna replied.

“I’m sorry, Darling. Perhaps we will find her tomorrow,” Rarity said.

Twilight watched as everypony began laying out sleeping bags and making small campfires. She sat on the cold ground and sighed, “Y-yeah... maybe we’ll find her tomorrow.”

“It’s okay, Twilight. You should get some sleep too. Tomorrow you might feel better,” Spike said, placing his claws on her back.

Twilight took her saddlebag off and placed it in front of her. She opened it and grabbed her own sleeping bag out of it and put it to the side. She then took out Spike’s and gave it to him.

As she unrolled her sleeping bag beside Spike, she wondered, Where have you gone, Rainbow Dash? Please come back... I-I need you.

“Goodnight, Twilight,” Spike said.

“G-goodnight.”

Twilight scooted into the sleeping bag and soon fell asleep under the eternal night sky.