• Published 26th Dec 2019
  • 5,360 Views, 164 Comments

For Friendship and Adventure - Jamis



“I have returned to spread peace and friendship throughout the imperium, no matter what the voices in my head say!”-Vulkan Primarch of the Salamanders

  • ...
11
 164
 5,360

3. All of My Friends are here!

"Remarkable, for a country to maintain a thousand years of peace is quite the accomplishment. In my life the vast majority of my time was spent dealing with a conflict of some kind. Even if not directly in battle." The giant sat and leaned forward to hear his host. While he could not fit into her house, she had decided to bring out some tea regardless. Zecora was had explained the basics of Equestria to Vulkan, he had asked simply questions and now held a understanding of his location.

No where, no where in the Imperium for that matter, but that mattered little at this point. The dominant species on this planet was the ponies of Equestria. Other sapient species were but not limited to Yaks, Dragons, Zebras, Minotaurs, Griffins and many others. The planet of Equis was rather lush with life and hosted vast troves of gems and gold beneath the surface. War was near unheard of, and magic was common place. The Primarch had asked about magic as much as possible. He had to abate his worries on the subject. Once he was satisfied the man allowed Zecora to ask questions. All the while she spoke in rhymes, basic things, Vulkan had a harder time to explain his story than her. She could barley wrap her mind around the of the Imperium, let alone the scale of humanity. Not that she was stupid, it was just a massive jump, she lived on a feudal world and had no idea just how large the galaxy truly was. Nor the technology he casually spoke of, nor the danger. He didn't wish to scare her with the knowledge of what was truly out there, so he left it at '...many aliens are not friendly, and the galaxy is home to unspeakable horrors.'

After many hours of question exchange between the pair, the two of them saw the light start to dim as the sun lowered. "Ah, it is time for the Princesses to raise the moon and lower the sun. But it feels that our conversation has just begun."

"The Equestrian Princesses? What do you mean?" Vulkan turned his head to look at the sun and raised an eye brow as he look back at Zecora.

"They are responsible for ruling and controlling night and day. It has always been this way. Celestia moves the sun, and Luna the moon. The two of them are in-tune. They are not goddesses though they are strong, if any say they are, then they are wrong. I suppose you would not have known this. They are respected all over Equis. Now if I may ask, who is up to the task. Of moving your sun or stars, do you you have somepony like ours?" At this the man frowned.

"No one moves the sun or moon of any planet. Night and day are the result of a planet spinning. One side is night the other is day. You cant control that. All planets orbit around their star, this causes the seasons since it is rare for a planet to have a vertical axis." As Vulkan spoke he ball his hands into fits, one stationary and the other in motion around it. From here their views clashed, each insisted on their view. Zecora swore that when the princesses were kidnapped they could not change the sky, and the world sat in a twilight till they were rescued. The pair argued for a long enough that the sun finished its descent.

“Look the moon rises, just as I have said so there are no surprises.” the man saw she was correct. The moon took its place in the sky remarkably fast. Vulkan continued to gaze at the sky, possibilities ran through his super human mind. He was no Magnus, but he wasn’t a dunce.

“When you spoke of magic earlier you mentioned that some of the ponies of Equestria can manipulate the weather.” Zecora nodded before she spoke. She talked about the pegesusai, and their talents. This lead to a short history of Equestria. She had failed to mention the differences between the three pony tribes in her previous history lesson. As brief as these classes were, Vulkan started to run out of ways that this planet was normal. The ponies controlled the weather, the seasons, and the plants in their realms. And allegedly the Sun, moon and stars as well. After some more discussions Vulkan decided to end the disagreement, “I have not seen what you consider normal anywhere else, lets just drop our star argument and talk about something else.”

Zecora smiled before she rubbed her eye with her hoof and stretched, “Actually I find myself rather sleepy, it has been long since the sun’s set. Though I would be happy, if tomorrow we met.”

“Ahh, of course my apologies. I am capable of going days without rest, I sometimes forget that others can not. But...” the man spoke and seemed to deepen his voice suddenly, “SLEAP GOUD. I would be remiss to deprive you of it. I shall find my self a place to stay for the night.” While Vulkan was semi obvious to his change in voice the brief laps in character was only picked up for a moment by Zecora. After he continued his normal jolly sounding speech she dismissed it.

“If you like you could stay, my home may not be large but being near will keep dangerous creatures away.” the zebra motioned to her tree house, he was nearly as tall as it. Perhaps just as heavy, but he could easily lean against it to sleep. Vulkan smiled for a moment.

“I won’t refuse such a kind offer. Though I sincerely doubt you could find a single creature that could cause me permanent harm.” Zecora rolled her eyes before she smiled to herself, “Judging by your smirk you would disagree.” Vulkan spoke in a mirthful tone as if he didn’t care that she didn’t believe him. The fact that she found humour in it was enough for him to also find it funny.

“You may be tall, armored, and strong. But even you can be wrong, when it comes to danger. This forest has no other contender. From a rocky cliff to a timber wolf pack, I would quite sad if you did not come back.” Vulkan’s smile was wide, her concern was quite the tender gesture. “Timber wolves are as tall as me, and they are no cup of tea. There are many packs of of these unnatural creatures, and each has there own terrorizing features.”

Vulkan walked to the before he sat next to it, “If only to reassure you, I will tell you that I am taller and stronger that most of my family. And even then one of my brothers grew up on a frozen world filled with wolves as large as eight feet tall. I have faced far worse monsters and larger than those you have here, things even larger and stronger than me. But I came out alive, I do appreciate your concern though. It just means you care.” Zecora had a hard time thinking of something larger before the hydra and dragons flashed into her mind.

She smiled and nodded. ’It would make sense that he has met larger monsters, though he should still be carful. A spider can be the size of your nose and have a bite which can lay you to rest.’ The pair exchanged there goodnights before the shaman enter her home to rest.

Author's Note:

Happy New Year. Tell me your ideas for the story in the comments, I may have thought of how something may go, but I didn’t think this story would get this much attention. Thanks fort that btw. One more thing





:moustache: