• Published 26th Dec 2019
  • 5,359 Views, 164 Comments

For Friendship and Adventure - Jamis



“I have returned to spread peace and friendship throughout the imperium, no matter what the voices in my head say!”-Vulkan Primarch of the Salamanders

  • ...
11
 164
 5,359

8. The Snoot

Vulkan nodded, "She can be a bit grumpy, but do not fret over that too much shy one." Flutteryshy nodded before she hovered over to the manticore as Ella lay on her stomach. Vulkan turned his attention back to the remaining four of the group. As his head was turning he found that it met the face of the hyper and pink pony he had been tackled by before. Her nose was lightly pressed against his as he turned back. ‘How had she slipped past my senses.’ the answer seemed to elude the man as a moment passed.

“HI! I’m Pinkamena Diane Pie, but everyone calls me Pinkie Pie. Seriously, its almost like the writers-“ she found herself pulled off of the Primarch by her tail. “-AppleJack why did you do that? I was introducing myself properly.” the pink mare turned to her orange compatriot who possessed a hat.

“I would hardly call that proper darling.” the mare who spoke with an accent which vaguely reminded Vulkan of Nobles of the imperium.

“Imma hav’ta agree with Rares on this one Pinkie. You were a tad rude there.” a stronger accent, it brought to mind the speech of the working citizenry of the Imperium.

‘To have both accents in the same place, it speaks(Hehe) to a lack of a divide between the upper and lower rungs of society.’ these thoughts passed his brain by before he decided not make assumptions of what the accents meant, yet.

“Well as my rather excitable friend has just said, she is Pinkie Pie.” the white furred mare gestured her right hoof to the party mare, “I am Rarity a fasion designer and seamstress.” before the purple maned unicorn could continue another form came into view in front of his, though admittedly this pony was farther back then the previous one.

“I am Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in Equestria!” this one was a pegasus with blue fur, and a mane to match her name. “I bet Zecora has told you all about me.” Zecora had in fact not mentioned her specifically. But it never hurt to at least attempt to be agreeable every now and again.

“Ah! It is good to meet you, you will have to show me your flying skills then. I have no doubt you shall show me a most interesting show of skill.”

Vulkan leaned to the side till he caught the eyes of the last mare. “My name is Applejack, as Pinkie said earlier. I run the near by orchard and farm with my family.” the human nodded.

Rarity spoke again, “As I am sure you guessed by Pinkie’s party obsession she does plan and run such events.”

“Yeparooni! I also make sweets and other stuff at the bakery, it’s called Sugercube Corner and-“ the curly maned mare burst into his sight shoving the fashionista aside slightly as she did so. A hoof was dantilly placed on her mouth by Rarity as Applejack spoke.

“And Fluttershy takes care of animals.” as the farm pony spoke, the four mares and one man glanced over at the yellow furred caregiver. She was lightly running her hoof over Ella’s head with her hoof, both seemed rather contented with the silent companionship. Just then Twilight exited her home.

“Sorry, Spike is brave but I think this was just a bit too much for his baby dragon heart.” the apology was not needed in Vulkan’s eyes but he nodded none the less.

“It is fine, I have been introduced to your friends, would you like to do the same? Or would it be best if we start our exchange of questions now?” Twilight’s eyes seemed to gain a small sparkle at the proposition of answers to her many, many, questions.

“If you don’t mind I do have some questions.” the group seemed to understand without words that they would have to get comfortable outside, there was a simple size and shape issue with doors and their new guest. Vulkan looked around the group, Applejack sat simply and seemed to wait for the back and forth to begin. Pinkie was next to her munching, on... something. Fluttershy had turned her attention from Ella and now next to her as the Mantacore lay down fully. Rainbow Dash was sat on a cloud... it seemed that Zecora was understating the control of weather the pegusai had. Rarity was gone from his sight, as he looked for her Twilight pulled out a paper note book and began to write in it with a quill before he spotted the designer. Just as she sat down on a red high end couch, where she acquired that on short notice.

‘There is weirder back home’ Vulkan commented on his his situation with honesty. And a small inhale before he heard Twilight speak.

“So, I hope this isn’t too forward but what are you? Species wise that is, I haven’t heard of anything like you before?” her quill at the ready and eyes inquisitive.

‘Species wise hmmm? Well.’ the man nodded before he answered the question, “I am a human, though don’t take me as an example of what a human looks like, since I am very different from any baseline or variant human.”

Twilight quirked an eye brow at that, “How so, how are you different from a normal human?” the others leaned forward slightly as he began to speak.

“Too many to list off now, but the most obvious would be that I am twice the average human height.” the others nodded, now if they had said he was half the average human height they would have freaked, but he was taller than most so it was fine. Did beg the question as to why he was so tall in their minds though.

“Ah,” after some writing she asked another question, or perhaps a series of them, “so your species are close to twice our height when standing then? What is your species diet? I noticed your teeth when you smiled you’re not a carnivore correct?” she almost sounded hopeful when she spoke, her friends also a bit uncomfortable. Fluttershy seemed a bit more at ease strangely.

“My species are omnivores, dairy, grain, fruits and vegetables. And yes meat, don’t worry I am not going to eat anything that can talk. And that does include mutes. Everything is on the table, everything not poison, and some poison for other species. As for me, almost anything is eatable, though dirt isn’t very nice to eat.” The six of them seemed to be glad he had specified he wouldn’t eat meat, at least meat that they cared about(ie ponies and talking animals). Though they still were not comfortable yet.

“You eat dirt?” the pink member of the conversation asked with a small grin on her face.

Vulkan turned to her as the rest of her friends made faces of confusion between both of them. “Not normally no but if I was desperate for anything to eat I could eat and get nutrients from stones.” at this Pinkie lost her smile looked introspective. “Though I do admit to liking actual food and sweets much more.” the young mare brightened immensely.

In a flash of speed the party planner reached behind her and pulled a tray of cup cakes from seemingly no where. Vulkan was beginning to sense a theme with these ponies. “Who wants some cupcakes while we talk?!” the minor lapse in joy was quickly smothered.

Author's Note:

https://youtu.be/CZ4cWYeI7Bk Ah yes, here we are again. Blessed by the updates, and I don’t mean mine. Mine are ass. If you are wondering why this took so long, I’m lazy, and uncreative.

‘Cus me, need to YEET myself off of something tall.
YEEEEeeeeee—_____