• Published 30th Aug 2020
  • 1,362 Views, 131 Comments

Twilight Daylight: The Cold War - thedarktome



King Shimmering Madun and Princess Fresh Veola Dawn were assassinated. But the legendary Queen Arcadia lives. A huge mistake.

  • ...
4
 131
 1,362

Prologue

They never saw it coming. They never saw the pain and suffering approaching their shores. They never thought they would witness a blood bath and live to tell the tale.

Queen Twilight 'Arcadia Nova' Sparkle has both witnessed it and fought in it.

Psera, the home for what could be accurately described as Mature Pegasi, more commonly know as Pserateps. Pegasi with longer wings, faster speed, and maximized intelligence. In the past, no one knew they even existed. Thanks to a law that deemed Psera's large and luxurious land be cut off from the rest of the world that was written and printed by their great creator Narmeelah, and enforced by Her Majesty Molten Ice.

That was until Psera was nearly uninhabitable thanks to a Changeling invasion that to this day had no clear motive. They needed help. They needed a miracle to get this land back to its former glory. They needed Twilight Sparkle.

After a disagreement with Equestria, Twilight Sparkle ran away and encountered upon their large and expansive world. A world she and the Pserateps were so happy she stumbled into. Using what is known as "magic," Twilight rebuilt their secluded land from the literal dirt into what it is today: The strongest nation in the entire known world. With a mass of new technology, knowledge, arts, sciences and transportation.

And that was where she met her husband. King Shimmering Madun. Many mares on this continent would do anything to be his lover. To be his wife and mother to his child. But all Twilight did was show up. And some would say show off.

Her beauty and love, and his strength and loyalty gave birth to their firstborn, the first naturally born Alicorn-Pseratep in existence that could be an exact copy to her mother if it weren't for the red hair. Her birth—and after an attempted assassination by an Equestrian pony—was followed by their wedding. And Twilight "Arcadia Nova" Sparkle's coronation as Queen to Psera. Her show of loyalty, leadership, honor, and a legacy that can never be overdone put her on the throne. And what years they have been.

Until new struggles arose. The great God of Chaos Maheera Dark awoke from the rest Narmeelah put her in and attacked any unsuspecting nations that forced Psera come out of the dark and play hero. The final battle between Maheera Dark and Queen Arcadia put them both into a prison made of the Queen's own design. A prison they could not find until ten years later when Princess Fresh Veola Dawn and her friends stumbled upon it.

After foreign rulers were notified that they required their assistance to get her out of the prison, they wasted no time and quickly rushed across the sea to Psera. But a huge mistake was made.

A Zebra—an enemy of Psera—was invited. Her Majesty Molten Ice believed that the Zebra had changed. That a hundred years of no contact would have opened a brand new and shiny door to a bright new yet peaceful future.

But that decision brought all available Pserateps to the Fire Family's Private Mausoleums in Lavender, Psera's headquartered military base. They had plenty all over the country, but this was the only one holding all top weaponry and the Office of Defense, Psera's five floor command building.

A marble statue of Queen Arcadia spreading her wings over a rendition of Psera towered over the tombs underneath the gray skies. But only one was occupied: Molten's son and Queen Arcadia's husband.

The funeral had long ended. Yet Madun's family stayed while the mass of Pserateps left to their homes. The sky was crying that day, raining upon the umbrellas held above their heads by honorary soldiers wearing vests.

Twilight's violet coat couldn't have gotten anymore darker. Her ethereal mane covered the right side of her face. Her black dress was simple and less complicated. A crown sat upon her head made for a king. A new one that resembled the old from so many years ago. It felt like two months since she's been awakened. She knows now it's been ten years.

The pony on her left was Gardeen, her loyal assistant and practical unrelated daughter. Arcadia's taken her underneath her wing since the very beginning and has always been there for her. Hopefully she can return the favor. The attack left Gardeen with a burned right rear hoof, but her white coat, silver mane and tail—and long wings—still shined like a beacon of hope. Her light green eyes glowed bright through the storm raging above them.

Gardeen's attitude had always been hopeful and on the bright side. However, even she couldn't brighten up the sadness in the air.

Next to her sat Merry Fire, sister to King Madun. Merry had a light green coat, a mane and tail colored a gradient of orange and red like the rest of her family, and eyes the color of fire. Her attitude normally, but not present, was exactly what everyone needed right now: Excitable. The crowd that was here packed full of Pserateps before... Twilight's Magical Aura felt no energy. It was dead here.

On her right was Molten Ice. Mother to the late King Madun crying into her hooves. Twilight's been let out all of her tears. Especially when she had to close the casket and shut the doors to his mausoleum, and light the flames of her daughter's.

Molten's coat was a gradient from head to hooves of ice blue and fire red. Her red mane and tail were flat ironed to match her dress theme. A veil was placed on the top of her head to cover her face. A veil she needed to have to cover up the streams of mascara running down her fur.

This was it. Them, along with Psera's generals and respected VIPs burying the last of the attack's victims. Many tears were shed and graves dug. But now it was finally over with their last victims going out with an honorary send off. The other victim unfortunately couldn't have a burial. There was nothing to bury.

Princess Fresh Veola Dawn. Queen Arcadia's fifteen year old daughter. In front of her mausoleum were pictures, candles, flowers, sports jerseys, tools, toys, all types of things that Psera knew she enjoyed. Psera wasn't just a country, it was a family.

Around her mother's neck were two necklaces. One was the wedding band Madun gave to her so long ago. A silver ring with a small golden chain sized to a choker. And the other was a silver chain holding a small golden ball. Twilight would never forget where this came from.

Dawn had collapsed in her hooves after they saved her from the Zebras and... Broke down into gold dust. Right there in front of her. Twilight witnessed her daughter's last breath. Her daughter's final stand. She witnessed Dawn's scared death. Scared murder.

Odega—a pony made of fire and a friend of Narmeelah with the stamina of a young foal—had the dust swept up and condensed into a small metal ball. That ball was pierced and a chain was strung through that she gave to Twilight. To remember her by. So that Dawn was always with her.

Arcadia could not have hugged Odega any harder that day.

Now that the burials and memorials were done, the time has finally come. The time for justice and retaliation. All Pserateps knew it was coming. Before the topic could even be discussed Pserateps from all over the country were signing up to join the military. Ponies from overseas who received word of the attack returned under the radar as requested for instructions to join the military.

Force Guard, Aerial Guard, Royal Elite Guard, Aqua Guard, the Border Guard, and the Arcadian Elite Royal Guard if you were big enough along with other special military programs that required specific body builds. Psera has never seen an influx of military recruitment in all their years.

Psera was going to war.


Safe Haven was the safehouse for Psera's Royalty. A mansion held behind Rayray within the woods. Three floors, ten bedrooms, six bathrooms, marble floors, and eighteen acres of flat grassland secured with Elite Guard, weapons, and a fence. A securely guarded stone home full of press ponies being checked in at the gate. There was going to be an announcement today by the Queen and Defense of Psera.

Airspace near the Safehouse was strictly prohibited. And anyone entering the gates had to be checked for any harmful items. Perfumes, colognes, anything with a sharp edge like sewing pins, promotional pins branding ponies from different press organizations, none of that was allowed. All pods had to be parked outside the gate and equipment carried inside. And all equipment was sniffed and checked by trained animals for anything suspicious or explosive.

Twilight could see all the action from her windowless office in the middle of Safe Haven. The lights were dimmed, save for a single lamp on the table in front of her basking her body in a warm glow. Her room was painted with shadows.

Centered in the office was a large wooden ornate desk with an electronic desktop hosting a touchscreen Comp System inside of it. She had access to all the cameras in the whole building. Hanging over her head were more expandable displays that would allow her to see even more all at once. A great workspace for an unimaginable workflow.

The floors were velvet and soft to her treading hooves. Pacing the space in front of her desk with anxiety and anger. The anger that's been building up ever since taking control of the throne alone. Psera needed a ruler and all they had was Queen Arcadia. So she put on a pair of black slacks, a white shirt, a black military dress suit complete with all of the badges she's obtained through the years she's been in office, and looked herself over in her bedroom mirror.

Only one half of her purple face was now visible. The other half was hidden by her long glowing and flowing mane to hide the burn and eye. Twilight could see Madun in herself. Not the masculinity, but the strength, power, and ferocity of a ruler. The fearlessness. Her face held no smile. She could barely remember the last time she did smile. Oh wait, yes she could.

When her family was still alive and here with her.

That alone was all the motivation Twilight needed to get that boost. That feeling that made her straighten her posture and manipulate her crown to be more intimidating. She took a deep breath and calmed her nerves. Then turned around, grabbed a stack of notes from her soft and comfortable, yet still lonely bed, and made her way for the doors into Safe Haven's halls.

This would be the first time since the attack that Queen Arcadia would be addressing the nation about the consequences. She first reassured her curious citizens through Gardeen and her Press Secretary that a solution and plans were being debated. Plenty of talk shows were zoomed in on Queen Arcadia's hidden mental and physical state. She was much stronger now. More furious.

The bedroom doors pushed open and Queen Twilight 'Arcadia Nova' Sparkle stepped off from the carpet of solitude onto the firm marble of leadership. The Guards stationed at her room saluted when she walked past.

Her hoofshoes clinked their way down the hall for the service elevator at the end of it. A stainless steel beauty with two doors reflecting sunlight bearing the crest of Psera. After she stopped she was met up with Madun's previous advisors and Gardeen, her head of them all.

Without looking away from the doors, Queen Arcadia greeted quietly, "Good morning, everyone. What is my agenda?"

One of her advisors, a mare on her right side answered, "The press conference this morning at ten, a meeting with the Aqua Guard at one-forty concerning a weapon perfect for the job, lunch with Her Majesty and Merry Fire at twelve, and... A meeting with your husband and daughter at two thirty."

"Sounds like a perfect day," Arcadia responded. After the elevator slid open, Arcadia entered and turned around first followed by her much taller assistants. The next time the elevator opened, it was on the first floor at the back of the press room. She could already hear the chatter emanating from those doors across. She could see Secretary Manny in there right now speaking to the cameras and journalists about potential opportunities really soon. As well as the recruitment rate and exponential military growth.

The ponies backstage listening bowed when they spotted Queen Arcadia, including Molten Ice. Then straightened up and created a path through their gathering that allowed her easy access to the stage.

Secretary Violet Manny was an interesting character, the Secretary of Psera's defense and General of Psera's Elite Royal Guard. And she was as fierce as they come. Easily voted as one of the most scariest ponies Twilight has ever met in her life. Even Queen Chrysalis didn't hold a candle to her; and it wasn't because of looks. It was because of her mouth.

Secretary Manny was very forward with her demands. She had a do-it-this-way-or-not-at-all attitude to match with that not-so-fierce body. Underneath her suit she had a gradient coat that was baby blue on top, pink on the way to the hooves. A short cut messy pink mane and beautifully groomed pink tail that curled elegantly at the end. Better watch out, she'll snap it at anyone watching.

Her voice was rough with usage, but Queen Arcadia could still hear her. "The Aqua Guard has deployed around Psera in a Code 3 Formation," she announced. "The Third Star Infantry and Left Field Form, along with each City-State's Law Enforcement are keeping an eye out for anymore fading runes. If there are any spotted they will be disposed of safely. Now our Queen Arcadia Nova will take the stand to announce future plans of action in Psera's government."

All journalists, camera, and audio ponies rose to their hooves before Queen Arcadia took a breath and walked out into sight for the first time since the attack. Around forty Pserateps were seated in one room with carpeted flooring. The stage was at least a foot off the floor with a dark blue curtain lining it and hiding the wall behind the slanted wooden podium Queen Arcadia took a stand behind.

She straightened her notes and set them to the side with her hooves. "You may be seated," she requested. After all flanks were down, Twilight cleared her throat and got started. "On October 20th at approximately eleven forty, terrorists from Zebrica attacked Psera by taking hold of our beloved Castle of the Gods. My daughter, Princess Fresh Veola Dawn, was kidnapped and replaced by a Zebra taking her form that began the attack by detonating a bomb in the throne room.

"We lost exactly two hundred three Pserateps in the attack including our brave men and women defending our country. Along with..." Twilight covered her mouth and blinked away the incoming tears for a moment. Talking about this was never easy. "Including our fair King and beloved Princess. Ever since then, Psera's government has been debating whether to declare war or seek financial restitution. After an extensive process, Psera has decided that a few 'Hearth's Warming Presents' will be launched overseas into Zebrica. Hopefully they will get the message that we are, in fact, declaring war on Zebrica."

Shutters were snapped and microphones inched closer. Arcadia felt that all too familiar burning within her. The anger and strength that pushed her to allow their weapons to be launched upon this country. "Psera will strike back at Zebrica with the might of thirty tactical projectile weapons holding chemical compounds made to destroy their land and to kill anyone wishing to push Psera's limits. As the strongest country on Equus, Psera will send a single message:"

Twilight narrowed her eyes and growled with the might and anger, "We are not to be tested."


Equestria. The land where practically every disaster, attack, and action has occured over the years. Home to loving ponies such as Twilight Velvet, mother to Queen Twilight "Arcadia Nova" Sparkle. Home to her friends and all of her extended family.

The land of Equestria was always perfectly taken care of. The grass was always green and busy with playing foals. The trees were constantly tweeting with birds, the sky retained beauty.

Towns like Ponyville were rampant with simple business ponies running along dirt and cobblestone paths in winter wear to finish what needed to be done, whereas cities like Manehattan and Las Pegasus had roads for the casual suit-wearing stallion who would wave down a taxi after purchasing a last minute Hearths Warming present for their little colt or filly. The skyscrapers were always flashing lights and ponies were always on the move, whether it be day or night

Directly in the center of Equestria sat a gray mountain with a golden city on the top of it. Canterlot, Twilight Sparkle's true childhood home. Expensive, rich, full of haughty ponies stuck up their own flanks but still trying to make it in this world of pressure. There were only a few parks and less than enough nature. The streets had paved over what was left of any here save for the front expansive lawn of the Canterlot Castle. Home to the two pony sisters Celestia and Luna.

Four spires were placed at the four corners of the castle where directly in the middle of it all was the castle itself. The building was a light bronze with lazy Royal Guard at every entrance that needed to be guarded. The inside of the castle at this time was spotless with only a few if at all office ponies. Another slow day with barely any clopping through the halls. A perfect visiting day.

Queen Novo had wasted no time heeding to her Princess' call when summoned. Now here she stood, treading up the red carpet of the Canterlot Castle's throne room. The stained glass windows bathed the room in multiple layers of colors. The vines of flowers around all of them added a lovely scent to the air. A romantic atmosphere that had Novo once again acting silly.

She skipped up to the throne, right up to Celestia, and placed a loving kiss on her lips that had her spouse giggling. Celestia squealed and placed her hooves lovingly on Novo's face. These two made their courtship official after a month of actual dating. When Novo finally asked if Celestia would be the girl for her.

A strange relationship. The Hippogriffs were birds with long tongues, claws, and beautiful coats and wings that made the Pegasi here look silly. Novo's beak couldn't be any shinier. And as hard as it is to actually "kiss" her, the feeling and love were always there.

Celestia's body had been perfectly sculpted to take on the role of Princess of Equestria. A coat so white, it was the sun itself while the mark on her flank told all who saw it who this pony was. The pony with the lusciously flowing ethereal mane and tail, sparkling magenta eyes, and simple crown on her head.

Celestia ran a hoof through Queen Novo's head of feathers and kissed her back before Novo's tongue left her mouth. "Good morning, Sunshine," Celestia greeted.

It had the desired reaction. Novo grinned and asked, "Aren't you the sunshine everywhere you go?"

"Practically." Celestia stood up from her throne and walked with Novo back towards the entrance. "I'm only the sun to the ponies who see me as the sun. Other than that, I am only Princess Celestia."

"Yes, Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria and the only pony in the world with a sun on her flank. Oh! And you can also manipulate the sun."

They pushed the doors open and stepped out into silent and voided shiny halls. Long yet empty. Celestia led her spouse to the right and commented, "According to a few, there is another more powerful pony who can now raise the sun."

Novo saw Celestia's face fall. One of her telltale signs of bad news. She lowered her volume and asked seriously, "No response?"

"None since she made us leave," Celestia replied. She sighed and blew her long mane to the side to let Novo see the other half of her face. She always loved to look into both her eyes instead of one. "We left on such a rough note. I was hoping she'd write back some time soon after her parole ended. To tell us her plans for Fresh Dawn's first Hearths Warming since returning. I'm certain it's something big. But... There's nothing at all."

Novo faced forward again and asked, "Have you spoken to her daughter?"

"We unfortunately can't send letters to Fresh Dawn. She has a special kind of magic that doesn't recognize the letters. They just come back. Exactly the way they were before."

Well that's odd. Dawn has a 'different kind of magic?' Novo's never heard of that before. Then again, Seaquestria and Mount Aris weren't too crazy about magic like Equestria. They knew next to nothing about it. She suggested, "Maybe you should contact someone outside of the Royal Family."

Celestia stopped to face her quizzically and repeated, "Outside?"

Oh Celestia. So simple she overlooks this. "Yes. I mean, there must be other ponies that are connected to royalty that you must know. Certainly Queen Twilight isn't the only pony you can contact."

Celestia sighed and thought hard. Twilight was the only way to get in contact with her privately. And there were a lot of ponies under her staff.

"Well I don't really know any," she answered. Then gasped and brightened up immediately. "But I know exactly who might. Come with me."

She grabbed Novo's claw and tugged her down the hall like a foal guiding her best friend. They ran through the halls of the castle passing nonchalant guards who would glance to them then back to doing nothing. They passed the main offices and library all the way to the back.

After a minute of running they stopped in front of a pair of wooden double doors. A pair of doors with one side bearing the symbol of Equestria and the other a Crest of Psera. The Office of Psera-Equestrian Affairs. There were only two ponies who were in contact with Psera all the time. Hopefully enough to learn their ways.

Celestia didn't even bother knocking. She used her magic to surround the handle in a golden aura. Then pushed the handle down and opened the door. They were met with two female voices talking further inside.

Novo and Celestia stepped into what was indubitably the waiting area of an office space. Items and decorative pieces from Psera lined the wall above a gray minimalistic couch on their left. A clock ticked away on their right behind a glass desk hosting tablets, pamphlets and forms next to a stack of incomplete work. Starlight Glimmer was a little behind.

The voices were coming in from beyond the doorway on their right. A door with a wooden frame and fogged glass opened for entry. A door with a name: Ambassador Sunset Shimmer.

She could make out the two in there now. Starlight was sitting on the edge of Sunset's glass desk listening to her talk wearing a light purple dress. Sunset was wearing a black and white suit with an orange tie. These two mares meant business. Guess that's why there was a stack of work on her desk too.

Celestia strolled right on in and greeted, "Good day, ladies!"

Sunset and Starlight jumped and fell back into whatever they were doing before. Which apparently was forcing deceiving smiles that were definitely lies in themselves. Sunset waved and greeted, "Oh hey, Princess! We were just doing some work—"

Celestia didn't even acknowledge it. What they do on slow days were their business. She approached the desk and interrupted, "Have you been able to get in contact with Queen Twilight?"

Well since the lie clearly wasn't even on Celestia's mind, Sunset and Starlight relaxed and shook their heads. Sunset quickly snatched up three random envelopes from the from the stack on the top of her desk.

She held them up and answered, "I haven't been able to get in contact with anypony there. Each time Starlight and I send letters and notices, they come back unchecked. It's completely blank."

Well then that left them only one option. Celestia asked them Novo's earlier question, "Is there any way for you to get in contact with anyone outside of the Royal Office?"

Starlight and Sunset looked to each other then back to Celestia. There were a few ways they knew of but had yet to practice themselves. Although...

Starlight slid off the desk and answered, "Well there is one way. When Pserateps were still here in Equestria, we had to send messages to our contact at the Embassy here, and they would pass the message on to the Embassy in Psera. They have more unrestricted access than we do there. You can probably use the Embassy in Ponyville, but we can't get in. It's locked up tight through Magical Signatures."

Then that meant they were blind. If Celestia could curse and not be looked at in surprise, she would. Unfortunately, her girlfriend and coworkers were here.

Sunset recommended, "You can still try to get in. I know me and Starlight are locked out but it might let you in."


Celestia teleported all four of them to Twilight's old castle so fast, she accidentally teleported the chair Sunset was still sitting in. Starlight fell off the "desk" and met the cold dirt path leading up to the gated property of the Psera-Equestrian Embassy behind Ponyville. Novo glanced around then turned her head to face what was definitely Twilight's old castle. She knew it when she saw it.

It was so silent and the grounds were abandoned. And since all the birds were migrating for winter, there were no other noises save for the cold wind blowing in their ears and the sounds of Ponyville behind them.

Sunset sighed and rose from the comfort of her office chair. "Celestia, the next time you decide to suddenly teleport, try not to teleport chairs or even whole desks," she requested.

Starlight looked up from the cold ground affected by winter and spat out flattened gravel from her mouth.

"Seriously," she agreed.

Celestia nervously chortled and approached the gates with Novo ahead of them. Magically bolted shut unless you had a special key or the required magical signature.

"My apologies," she replied. Then stopped when they reached them and attempted to place her hoof on the surface on any steel bar she felt comfortable. But before she could touch it, she stopped and stared suspiciously. Something was up.

When Sunset and Starlight finally joined them, Novo slowly asked, "What is it?"

"...it's already opened." She placed a hoof against the gate and calmly pushed. Sure enough it groaned inwards and granted them access. "Someone else is either here or has been here."

They calmly took steps across the grassy lawn and gazed at everything left behind on the ground. Pens, paper flowing through the wind, a tie. Everything needed in an office. It had never looked so abandoned. When they reached the doors, Starlight quietly creaked it open and stepped inside.

Instead of stepping on crystal, they stepped on a really long carpet leading up to an extensive crystal desk. Behind and above were three LiVAMs that used to display trade stats between corporations in both here and Psera. This place used to be the hub of all businesses seeking international funds for the first time with a nation that definitely held promise. An experiment that worked. At least for businesses in Equestria because that's all Psera would allow.

Now it was dark, lifeless, dead, and quiet. A ghost town with a magical table in the back. That alone hasn't been active in years.

They took timid steps into the Embassy's atmosphere and approached the desk timidly. Then a loud crash came from behind it that made them jump back. Looks like someone else was here.

The sound of glass shattering made Sunset gasp and bounce into action. She shouted. "Halt! Stand with your hooves raised now!"

A squeak later and Twilight Velvet shot up on her two rear hooves with her front ones in the air.

"Eep! Don't shoot!!" She squealed. Purple and gray mane, off white coat, unicorn... Yep, that was Twilight's mother. No need for alarm, she was as harmful as a butterfly.

Celestia walked urgently towards the desk and sweetly asked, "Mrs. Velvet, what are you doing here? How did you get in?"

Well since she wasn't on the floor getting arrested, Twilight Velvet dropped back down on her hooves and smiled to them. "Hello, everypony! I'm just getting all of Twily's things. I can't have these nosy fillies running through here touching things that aren't theirs, am I right?"

As much as Novo wanted to explain that she was the nosy filly, she decided to keep her mouth shut. Celestia walked behind the desk on one side while Starlight and Sunset took the other. Novo peered over the top of it and peeked in that way to join in on whatever she was doing back here. Twilight Velvet was packing up all of the comm blocks and technology into one big box already filled with more items from around the castle. Blankets, coats, wires.

Celestia sighed and told her, "Those belong to Psera, Mrs. Velvet. How did you get in?"

Twilight Velvet looked up to Celestia like she was crazy and answered, "Why I pushed the gate in and opened the door, Princess! I may be getting older, but I still know how to open a gate, dear."

Starlight was absolutely sure that gate was locked. But then she remembered. Something that made her slap her hoof against her face. "Ohhh!" She fawned out loud. Then pointed to Twilight Velvet and explained, "She has Twilight's magical signature because she's her mom! She has free reign of the place and anything else Twilight has locked up with her signature."

Sunset glowered and deadpanned, "You mean to tell me that to get in all we had to do was go around the corner of this place, grab Twilight's mom, and get her to touch the gates?"

"Yep. Excuse us Mrs. Velvet. Hate to interrupt your scavenging but we need to get in contact with Psera."

Starlight ignored Sunset banging her forehead over and over and flanked Velvet behind the desk. She approached the last piece of technology she didn't get to and placed it on top of the counter so they all could see.

It was a much more advanced version of the Comm Block; Bigger with a very wide yet thin cable connected to a port under the desk and under the LiVAMs setup out of view of a client.

Starlight placed her hoof on it and explained to the group, "This is what they use to contact anyone in long distances. Maybe we can get it working again."

Oh they needed to get that to work? "No problem, dears!" Twilight Velvet cooed proudly. She dropped back down under the desk and made a few movements that brought everything to life. The LiVAMs above, the stations in front of them, and the lights in the whole building. That included the block Starlight had. It glowed a brighter purple and made a silent hum in response.

Twilight Velvet popped back up with a thick yellow cord she spat out of her mouth in favor of a proud smile. Celestia didn't know what she did, but either way it worked out in their favor.

She sighed and asked, "Okay. Now how do we work this thing?"

"Ummm..." Sunset and Starlight shrugged before Sunset answered, "We're not sure. We're not allowed to use it."

Not allowed to use it?! Mrs. Velvet gasped and scolded, "Oh you two should be ashamed of yourselves! Ambassadors! Puh!"

"Mrs. Velvet, what you were doing is much worse and would hurt your daughter's cred if someone from Psera found out."

"But these are my daughter's things," she whimpered. Then turned back to the Comm Block with a smile. "Besides, I can help you. I always sneak in here because the secretaries like to watch me ask her assistant about my babies. Especially little Dawny. She always looks forward to my calls. Step aside, children. Let momma handle this."

The "Children" stepped to the side and watched Twilight Velvet work. Looks like she knew this place better than the ponies that actually worked for it. She touched the top of the Comm Block and summoned a simple dial pad that appeared on its surface. Then punched in a really long code that were much more than ten digits.

After the code was punched in, they locked eyes on the speaker and listened to the dial tone. A constant pitch that would cut every one second. It was very similar to a phone, Sunset realized. Possibly even a cell phone on a more magical level.

The dial tone continued until it cut and Gardeen's voice replaced it. "Hi, you've reached Secretary of Royalty Gardeen Daisy. Please leave your name and code, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you, and have a wonderful day."

There was a loud beep that urged them to leave a message. Which meant Gardeen wasn't reachable either. Just like the rest of Psera. Twilight Velvet hummed and explained, "Strange, she's always been near her rock thing. I wonder—"

She was suddenly interrupted when the Comm Block switched to a loud noise that made them all jump. Just a constant loud tone that cut with a rising beeping signal. Looks like no message would be sent because someone else was leaving them a message. A message that was seriously distorted but still understandable.

"Attention, caller. Due to the damage, catastrophe, and clean up, Castle Security, The Department of Defense, and Office of Royalty are requesting all messages be sent through your local Law Enforcement Office by letter to be scanned, cleaned, and thoroughly analyzed before being sent to Safe Haven. Any of the following are allowed: Letters, appropriate photographs, condolences in still form such as photographs, and suggestions. All other inquiries must be sent through your local City Hall. Thank you, and have a nice day."

By the time the Comm Block message ended, all five of their mouths were partly opened. It was a pretty clear message. A pretty clear and meaningful message. But Sunset was the first one to say it out loud. "Something disastrous happened in Psera."

Author's Note:

And we're off! Was it a good start? Let me know in the comments! I know its sudden release was quite abrupt and unprecedented, but my profile here has been pretty dry. Don't worry everyone, I haven't left you just yet.