• Published 30th Aug 2020
  • 1,362 Views, 131 Comments

Twilight Daylight: The Cold War - thedarktome



King Shimmering Madun and Princess Fresh Veola Dawn were assassinated. But the legendary Queen Arcadia lives. A huge mistake.

  • ...
4
 131
 1,362

Chapter 05 - The Feeling of Darkness

Queen Arcadia has never felt so alone. Yes, she has Gardeen and her extended family. But she didn't have her family. The family she's worked so hard to have.

Now, instead of waking up in the hold of her husband and the closeness of her filly, she lies in a cold lonely bed and stares at the pictures in her room of Psera's city-states and past rulers. Herself included. The First-Alicorn Pseratep in existence. The First Queen Alicorn-Pseratep next to her husband and daughter in front of a white background.

There was supposed to be another.

The anger she felt stems from those photos. The anger of losing everyone she loved. One of her friends blew up in front of her face, taking her eye with it. The blast put a hole in her husband's chest. And Dawn... Turned to dust in her hooves.

She lost three ponies she loved personally in one day. And she would never be seeing them again.

Twilight rose from the comfort of her bed. She unwrapped her body from the safety of her comforter and moved into a sitting position in front of her bathroom. Her good eye locked in on the clock. Seven o' eight. The country wouldn't run itself.

After she finished getting ready and put on a violet and red dress, she crossed over into her office's rear entrance and quietly closed her bedroom doors. The ones in front of her would be opening shortly. She dropped down into her nice chair and turned on everything. Her Comp Systems, her LiVAMs, and finally laid her eyes on the stack of papers on her left side.

Well, they weren't going to sign automatically. So, it began. Queen Twilight 'Arcadia Nova' Sparkle went about starting her day off with the first sheet and reading it over in silence. Completely silent when she signed and moved it to the left into an "Approved" bin. Then moved on to a second one. No meetings today, just catching up on Governmental requests.

This went on up to nine o'clock until someone knocked on her door.

"Enter," she said blandly.

One of the Chefs downstairs in the kitchen rolled in a squeaking cart over to her glass meeting table to drop off her breakfast. Then bowed and saw their way out before the doors shut her in silence once more. She didn't even bother looking at it. Let alone touching it.

Gardeen was around somewhere. Probably with Molten since no events were scheduled for today. Queen Arcadia continued flipping through form after form after form after form in silence until, a swoosh, and Odega was standing on the corner of her desk as a small phoenix staring at her. Or was it glaring? Twilight could never tell, Phoenixes always seemed angry.

Without moving her eyes from her work, Queen Arcadia said, "I'm busy right now, Odega. What is it?"

Odega's talons jumped on top of her growing stack of "Approved" before she spoke. "A small team approaches Psera."

Twilight froze and glanced up to Odega with an eye of interest. That seemed to be more intriguing than three-fourths of finished work.

"Origin?" She asked.

"Equestria. I can feel them over my ocean."

Queen Arcadia's eyes glowed when she reached out to her Obelisk Line with her magic. Protected by Aquatas in alignment with her magic. They stopped gradually changing colors and flashed a bright violet with her connection. Scanning the seas.

True to Odega's words, something was approaching Psera's shores from the East. Their magical signatures were familiar. A blueprint she's read plenty of times but can't seem to recognize.

Arcadia cut the connection to her Obelisks and snatched up a Comm Block on the corner of her desk. She quickly dialed a number and waited for her target's voice.

Her waiting time was spent awkwardly watching Odega nest on top of her food across from her. Now she definitely wasn't eating it.


Sunset didn't realize it was this cold at sea. In Equestria, it was even under the fifties. Out here over the ocean, it was under thirty degrees. Nothing but shining blue as far as the eye could see.

Ambassador Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, and surprisingly Spitfire met up with each other at the old Equestrian Trade Facility in Las Pegasus with the Princesses at five o'clock, the day after Hearth's Warming. A bloody Hearth's Warming. After Sunset had applied and turned on her ear device thing deemed "Project Unclassified," Sunset spelled a cloud, hopped on and the three of them flew off without a hitch.

The cloud was surprisingly easy to push. Extremely light weight even with Sunset on-board. Which meant Sunset had to hold on tighter when they realized they could go as fast as a train in Psera.

During the trip, Sunset asked a few questions to the mares pushing the cloud next to each other behind her. Such as when did Spitfire become military and what did she do?

Spitfire wasn't surprised in the least by her question, "Well you guys know Daring Do... I hope."

That had the desired reaction. Rainbow gasped and squished her cheeks together in excitement at the name alone. Daring Do? The Daring do?! Spitfire smirked and mentally couldn't wait to see her reaction to her next line. "Daring Do and I worked together in the same Military Program specializing in gathering intelligence from no-good ponies outside of Equestria. Sometimes we worked alongside S.M.I.L.E and other orgs."

Sunset smirked and commented over her back, "I never would have pegged you for a spy, Spitfire. Wipe that drool off your mouth Rainbow."

It wasn't until after Sunset said that did Rainbow snap out of her admirable gaze—complete with sparkling eyes—and shout, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! You and Daring Do used to work together?! That is the most coolest thing I've ever heard!!"

Rainbow went back to pushing the cloud, but asked so many questions along the way. Who knew Daring Do would get her this riled up? "So what did you guys do, huh? Did you fight off the mean baddies sometimes? Go around kicking flanks left and right? Did you sit back and laugh while Ahuizotl made himself look like an idiot? Or did you—"

"Whoa, whoa, slow down girls!" Sunset ordered.

Time to get back on track apparently. Rainbow and Spitfire put on their brakes and slowed down Sunset's cloud to a complete stop. Then popped their heads up into sight to see why they even did it. If their hearts were beating any faster, they would be outside of their chests right now from what they saw.

Sunset gulped and without moving her eyes from the sight, slowly reached up and turned on her earpiece. She thought, "Princesses, are you seeing this?"

While Sunset, Rainbow Dash, and Spitfire were at sea, IHT was standing by with Starlight Glimmer inside of Mount Aris's castle. Practically made of nature and basic necessities. The room here was the same as the rest of them. Round, circular, flat floored with dimmed lights above. Only difference here was the fact that everything was made out of wood.

The second Sunset's voice permeated through, all voices ceased and turned to look at the projection on the wall currently reading loading. Then the image was up. An image that made Celestia's wings quiver.

Aquatas. At least eighty on this side alone facing Equestria. There may be more but they were too far out to see. But they all knew Aquatas when they saw them. Big boats sitting on the water with weaponry trained towards their direction.

Luna whispered, "My Faust,"

Time to get busy. Celestia grabbed a headpiece Starlight offered to her so she can speak and dropped it on her head in place of her crown. "Yes, Sunset... We see it," she replied in fear. "It looks like they're ready for war. Something definitely happened."

"I'm raising the flags." Sunset used her magic to grab a large pole fitted with both the flag of Equestria and a standard white flag for peace. Good thing she thought ahead and brought this.

Sunset calmly raised it in the air. Then slowly waved it back and forth. "Girls, get up," Sunset requested. "If there are any surprises they may shoot us. Psera is on Edge."

They didn't have to tell them twice. Rainbow zipped up to Sunset's side and raised her hooves in the air while Spitfire took her time. But still used their wings to softly propel forward.

IHT gulped down their fear while they watched. Their eyes stayed glued during the approach. Then one of the Aquatas blared a loud alarm. "HOLD!!!" They shouted.

Rainbow and Spitfire stopped their speed and remained where they were with their hooves raised. They could see a team of around twenty Aqua Guards flying straight for them.

"Here they come," Sunset reported in. Celestia clasped her hooves together in front of her mouth but didn't even blink when they pulled in.

Weapons pointed, the commanding officer ordered, "Hooves up, hooves up!!"

They grabbed Spits and Rainbow Dash by their hooves before grabbing Sunset. Boy were they rough. Their hold were as tight as steel bonds.

They carried them off the cloud over the ocean back to the Aquatas. Hearts were beating fast and emotions were full of fear, confusion and frustration. But they didn't fight. Fighting certainly meant pain and suffering before going on into the great beyond. Or what the Pserateps referred to as the Everlasting Sky.

They approached the deck of one of the Aquatas with a large "09" on it's side and were met with weapons pointed straight at them, and what had to be the captain. He was wearing a white uniform with medals, a suit, and a tie. A dark blue coat, blue mane and tail, and light blue eyes. He was a familiar sight.

He nodded to the three of them—and IHT unknowingly—when they landed and greeted, "Ambassador Shimmer. Her Highness has been expecting you. I'm Admiral Shooting Star. Welcome back to Psera."

Expecting them?! The members of IHT all shared an apprehensive look before referring back to the screen.

Sunset Shimmer explained, "We need to speak with Queen Arcadia as soon as possible."

"We know. Hold still, please." Shooting Star nodded to one of the Soldiers standing by and stepped away when they approached with a green glowing stick. Then started running it over Sunset's body. Scanning her, like a metal detector. It had a wobbly wum when it passed her occupied right ear before the soldier waved her past. Then did the same to Rainbow and Spitfire before letting them through. The piece was undetected.

The Captain explained, "She's giving you time to visit, but then you have to go. After we take you to Lavender, we'll pass you off to the Guard there. Someone grab a cloud and provide an escort team back to Lavender!"

After they dispersed, Sunset followed the captain and asked, "We managed to intercept a distress signal in Canterlot about the Castle being under attack."

He glanced back to her, but didn't say anything else. Which let Equestria and everyone else know that something did, in fact, happen. Rainbow Dash came to her aid and added, "We've also been sending messages to make sure she was okay but received nothing in return."

He stopped and turned around to face them with an unamused expression. "I'm afraid I'm not allowed to relay any details about that information. You'll have to refer to the Royal Security Advisor." A cloud was lowered down next to the deck's railing escorted by four Aqua Guards. "Now step on and have a safe journey."

Sunset had to spell the cloud for herself which took a second, but once she was on, they were being pushed towards Psera. There were many more Aquatas at sea behind them. A total of three rings of weaponry and a lot of soldiers. Hopefully no one would be going to war with each other. Because Psera would definitely step on everyone.

It wasn't long after that they made it to Psera. The land of Gold, evolved Pegasi, advanced technology, and luxury. Ruled over by Queen Twilight 'Arcadia Nova' Sparkle. Full of so much land, water, and necessities to last them a lifetime and many many more.

But they weren't going to the pretty part. They were going to the rough part. Where military were running back and forth across concrete grounds readying equipment for some reason. No one knew what all the fuss was about. But they were tense. Pods travelled across docks readying even more Aquatas. Chariots being primed and ready for battle. Magical Cannisters full of purple liquid being transported back and forth. Soldiers marching past in training.

These ponies were ready for a war.

The escort directed their cloud down to the entrance of the docks to a single black pod flanked in the front and rear by two more with open tops. Elite Guard were sitting in the backs while one was driving staring them down with seriousness and unmoving souls.

Once they landed, the door was opened and they were ushered inside. Sunset was first, then Spitfire, and finally Rainbow Dash before the door was closed to keep out the cold.

Even though they weren't expecting to see her, it still put a smile on their faces to see once more an actual friendly face.

"Gardeen!" Sunset cheered. "Long time, no see!"

Gardeen was sitting directly behind where the driver's seat would be were it not for the black privacy glass keeping them out of sight. Her mane had been put into a long braid that draped over her front coat. She was wearing a light red dress, but that didn't hide her hoof.

Gardeen chuckled nervously and greeted, "We just saw each other a few weeks ago."

"Well those were long weeks," Rainbow commented. Then pointed to her rear hoof. "What happened?"

Sunset and Spitfire followed her hoof down to Gardeen's rear right hoof and its warped state. IHT grimaced and shared looks with each other before Gardeen answered, "Well it's pretty clear you already somehow know there was an attack on the castle. I was a few of those harmed."

Good, it was confirmed the castle was attacked. Shining Armor took a mental note while they continued their conversation. Sunset attempted to ask, "About that, we heard Queen—"

"I'm afraid that's all I can say about the attack, Sunset," Gardeen sweetly interrupted. "I'm not allowed to give anymore details. Queen Arcadia will give you more information, albeit limited."

Oh. Crap. Well Sunset decided to enjoy the view. Unfortunately that view was obstructed by blackened windows. Gardeen could see the questions in her eyes, so she explained, "We're going to Safe Haven. Its existence has been disclosed, but location kept under wraps."

Oh, so they were going somewhere without knowing how to get there. Well that made sense. Spitfire nodded to her hoof and assumed, "I guess mobility is difficult?"

Gardeen sighed and pressed her white lips closed for a moment. Then explained, "Most of the muscles are critically burned, meaning I can only move it so fast at a time. It's not that it hurts, it's just that my muscles are too damaged to go any faster."

"Oh." The Pod descended into a deep silence after that. Even the ponies watching from far away could feel how awkward it is over there.

Rainbow Dash decided to bring it back up to politeness again by asking, "So how's the squirt?"

Gardeen made a face of confusion and repeated, "Squirt?"

"Fresh Dawn. How is she?"

Gardeen glanced away with sad eyes. Another sign of looming bad news. Gardeen whispered, "Try not to bring that up around Arcadia, okay? Or Madun."

Oh boy. Rainbow was about to ask why but Gardeen quickly said, "Just don't, okay? It'll make her very upset." Twilight being upset is certainly something they didn't want. So Rainbow acquiesced and relaxed in her seat to enjoy the ride.

The ride up to Safe Haven was a very quiet one. So quiet, Sunset almost fell asleep. That luxury was denied when the pod they were riding in stopped and engine cut. A thick silence reigned supreme through the Pod's space.

Gardeen stood up in her seat before the doors were opened to let them out and said, "We're here. Try not to say anything that may be perceived as threatening."

Their hooves stepped out onto a single concrete walkway dividing an expansive green front yard belonging to a triple floored white mansion. The land was secured by spiked steel fences in the middle of what appeared to be a forest. It wasn't the castle here or in Equestria, but it was definitely something that belonged to their government.

The second their hooves were out, an Elite Guard moved forward with another wand and scanned them. This time more thoroughly. Even going between the hooves. And as much as Rainbow and Spitfire wanted to kick them, they refrained and calmed themselves.

The guards here were entirely hidden save for their eyes and bits of their wings from underneath their steel protectors.

Gardeen too was approached by a guard with a smirk who sang before scanning, "Someone's not using that chair~."

Gardeen rolled her eyes and raised her wings so he could scan her. "Yes, well I'm also not going to go flying around carrying a pair of wheels either. There must be a better solution."

The Guard sighed and retracted the wand with a pitiful look on his face. She clearly wasn't going to budge on this. "Well unless there is I highly recommend you follow the Queen's instructions. We don't need you falling in the halls, Secretary."

Gardeen limped past and spat, "Until she scolds me about it, I'm going to be walking like this until then. I'm not putting my sense of mobility into a chair. Welcome to Safe Haven, ladies. Follow me."

The guarded double doors were thick glass and squeaky clean. So clean they appeared to be diamond. The carpet they stepped on was red covering marble floors. Soft to the hooves and comfortable. Rainbow could see herself living in a place like this. Unfortunately it wasn't her. It was her friend who was wounded in an attack.

The ceiling was supported with decorative stone columns. The walls with photos of past rulers and their families. On the quiet trip to the elevator, Sunset recognized Twilight and Madun as one of them. With those glistening crowns and elegant smiles. According to history and how crazy everyone gets here about it, Queen Arcadia's smile was the one sign you knew that she was proud and happy. If you didn't see that smile, she wasn't pleased.

Sunset's had enough encounters to attest to that.

The elevator ride to the top was accompanied by two Guards. But it still remained silent. Gardeen broke it by informing, "Everyone's out at lunch right now. That's why it's so peaceful."

According to the magically changing numbers above them, they skipped over the second floor and stopped on the third. Then after that ding, the doors slid open and they stepped off of smooth carpet flooring onto quiet cool marble. This floor was clearly where all the bedrooms were. Down the hallway on the left was a large empty space in front of a wall of windows facing the back of the Mansion. More than likely made to conceal what was inside while allowing to see out.

On the right was another guarded room where Sunset had a sneaking feeling was hiding the pony they were looking for. That feeling was confirmed when they approached it.

"Sunset to IHT, standby," she relayed back home. Oh they were standing by alright. Eyes staring straight at the projected image before they stopped next to the doors.

Gardeen knocked politely and waited for a voice. "Enter." Twilight. Well a tired Twilight. Gardeen twisted the door open but held up a hoof ordering the visitors to wait out of sight. Then she limped inside herself.

Queen Arcadia had her face hidden behind another sheet surrounded by her LiVAMs Hanging from above and Comp System in her desk. The lighting in here was low enough to make anyone tired. But not her. She wrote off another signature and made an addition to her upcoming schedule for another meeting before swiveling to face Gardeen.

"They're here," she quietly disclosed. Her white hooves stopped beside Arcadia's large desk and focused on her space instead of her gaze that moved up to her. "Three ponies just like you suspected and... Did you skip your breakfast again?"

Twilight shifted her sight from Gardeen above to the breakfast the Chef dropped off. It was exactly how it was this morning: Stagnant and motionless. It hadn't even been touched.

Twilight grabbed another sheet and answered, "I had work to do."

Oh here we go again. This has been occuring ever since Madun and Fresh Dawn passed away. After their funerals Queen Arcadia started skipping meals. One time for three days straight.

Not this time. Gardeen reached down and yanked another sheet out of Queen Arcadia's hoof to lay back down. "Let's eat, come on," she ordered.

Twilight sighed and begged, "Gardeen, I'm not hungry."

"Yes you are, come on. Up, up, up." Gardeen limped behind the desk and used her head to force Queen Arcadia from her seat. Then started using her wing to lead her out from behind it.

Queen Arcadia made a sour face and scolded, "Gardeen I can very much take care of myself. And you need to start using that chair, I don't want to see or hear about you falling."

"I'll be fine, here." She made Queen Arcadia sit down and pointed at the food. "You need to eat. The work can wait for just a little while."

She wasn't going to budge. Gardeen was an unmoving soul. She stood tall and strong.

She was tall and strong.

Queen Arcadia slowly reached up and pulled her closer so she could place a loving kiss on her forehead. "Your parents would be proud, Gardeen," she whispered.

Gardeen smiled and replied, "I'm not going to let them take you too. Now eat up, mother." She kissed Arcadia on the forehead before going back to business. "The three ponies are here for you."

Oh? The ones flying over the expansive ocean looking just for her? Queen Arcadia stood up with the plate and started walking back to her desk with glowing hooves. Somehow she's been using those instead of her horn recently. Strange.

Arcadia ordered, "Okay, send them in. And stay, Gardeen."

After nearly two minutes of waiting, the doors for the room were pulled open to reveal what was inside. Supposedly IHT's worst fears.

Queen Arcadia looked fine. Sitting behind a really large desk eating. The room had no windows. But did contain a small drink bar on the right near the door, and two couches on the left side of the desk.

IHT was expecting her to be badly wounded, but all she had was a flowing mane covering her eye like Celestia. But unlike Celestia, she made it look edgy.

Queen Arcadia glanced up from her food and ceased chewing when they stopped in front of her desk. Sunset had a feeling she should bow. Despite Twilight always telling her it wasn't necessary. She bowed and greeted, "Queen Arcadia."

Rainbow and Spitfire did the same before Queen Arcadia waved them back to the couches. "Have a seat," she said. Then wrapped up her plate. Even though Odega sat on it, this was really good.

Back home, Luna whispered without taking her eyes off the projection, "I have a strange feeling about Twilight."

Celestia couldn't deny that she too was picking up something a little odd. Maybe it was her demeanor or look. Or... That's it. Her look. That gleam in her eyes. That and she wasn't smiling.

She wasn't pleased.

Once they were comfortable, Queen Arcadia moved one of the many LiVAMs surrounding her desk to the side so she could see and started off. "When Odega detected three creatures crossing her sea, I was expecting someone else other than you three. For you to be here Ambassador Shimmer lets me know this is for a more personal matter."

Of course she did. Queen Arcadia was very intuitive like that and always has been. It was like she was a pony from a different universe.

Sunset Shimmer explained, "We, Equestria, have been made numerous attempts to contact you regarding your comfort back in the land of the living, but had yet to hear anything."

As much as it made everyone else snicker or smirk, Queen Arcadia didn't even smile at the joke. More like just stare ominously. Even Gardeen was cold-faced. The Princesses' smiles dropped and glanced to each other before Queen Arcadia replied, "Yes, I've noticed. As you can see, I'm fine. No need to worry."

As much as the lack of a reaction concerned Sunset, she had to move on. She cleared her throat and asked, "Well that's good. We picked up a distress message that the castle was under attack and grew worried."

"Yes well, as you can see we're doing well. No need for alarm."

"Is Madun okay? We have yet to see him around."

Probably shouldn't have asked that question. Queen Arcadia stopped chewing and once again stared ominously. This time with narrowed eyes. IHT shared a look with each other before focusing once again. Gardeen made a face to her in the top right corner. One that screamed, "What did I tell you in the pod?!"

Sunset cleared her throat and quickly moved on. In an attempt to disengage any angry Queen. "So as of yesterday, Zebrica was attacked."

The cup from her glass table floated over across the room into Queen Arcadia's hoof with no aura the Princesses noted. Then she leaned back comfortably in her seat and repeated, "Attacked? By whom?"

"We don't know. But many lives were lost. Two thirds of the population were wiped out until we managed to get more out."

Two thirds? There were still more?! That won't stand. Queen Arcadia smoldered and asked, "And whatever are you going to do with them?"

"IHT is coming together to provide relief and medical assistance among our lands. But it's safe to say their way of life has changed forever. The weapons used, Queen Arcadia, were projectiles flying in from the West that ripped their land apart. It looks like a burning pit now. We were hoping you may have information or tips to their origins considering it came from your direction."

Queen Arcadia slowly sipped from her tea and smacked her lips to savor the taste. A mix of Orange and mint. Something she honestly should have tried earlier in time.

She sighed and responded, "I am not claiming I may be withholding information on the attack on Zebrica, but I am refusing to participate in this investigation."

Whoa, what?! A round of muttering echoed around IHT before Queen Arcadia continued her response.

"Why? Let's just say Psera has their reasons for not participating."

Rainbow Dash put in her own two sense and recommended, "Queen Arcadia if you know anything about this attack, it is highly recommended you share it. We saw a lot of horrid things ourselves and wish to know who would do this to a country that already has less than what they truly need."

Arcadia shifted her attention to Rainbow and countered, "Well I'm sure the ponies responsible have their reasons that shall remain closed off to any foreign ears. Psera is not a member of IHT and has the right to retain that information."

Luna muttered with distrust, "Psera launched those weapons. They had to."

Celestia was getting that feeling too. She hates to admit it, but Twilight had a no-care attitude. A great contrast to the Maheera takeover. Even Novo was becoming a little apprehensive.

Sunset gulped at the stare Twilight was shooting her. It was cold. It was heartless. It was void of any emotion. It was as if she were saying, "Good riddance."

Sunset pushed her concern to the side and asked, "Is there any way we can get you to talk? Or to share this information?"

Queen Arcadia unfortunately shook her head and answered, "Sorry, but unless we're threatened Psera will have no direct involvement with this case. Now, I have to get back to work. I'll be happy to get you back home to avoid a long ride, but I insist you..."

Queen Arcadia stopped mid-sentence and squinted her eye at Sunset when she started scanning the magic in the air for the locations of Luna, Celestia, and Cadance. Their magical signatures were much different than that of regular ponies. She found them in Mount Aris alongside even more all bunched up together in one room. Something wasn't right.

Queen Arcadia used her duplication spell to gather herself in that same room out of sight. But all eyes and attention were focused directly on the projection taking up the whole wall in front of them.

A projection of herself and Gardeen currently. They were spying on her. Watching her. Investigating her through their eyes.

The real Queen Arcadia drank down the rest of her tea and used a hidden hoof to press a button disguised as a drawer handle on her desk. Then she sighed and smacked her lips. "I just want to make myself clear. Because apparently not many ponies know this about me."

Spitfire was getting a bad feeling. She and Rainbow shared a look then focused back on Arcadia. "Clear... About what?"

Queen Arcadia glanced up to them with a glowing violent eye and snarled, "I am a very fair Queen."

The doors to the office burst open and five Elite Guards rushed in, surrounding their "guests" with weapons aimed straight for them. "HOOVES UP, PUT 'EM UP!!"

Their heart rates quickly spiked when the Guards rushed and pinned them roughly to the floor with hooves in their back. Sunset asked, "What is the meaning of this?! What's going on?!"

"Do you honestly think I'm that foolish?" Queen Arcadia slowly lifted herself up from her seat and wiped her mouth. Gardeen calmly took her cup while she walked around to get to Sunset Shimmer. "Do you think that I would not notice a spy in our midst?"

Oh... Buck. Queen Arcadia leaned down to glare into Sunset's eye with a glowing one. "I see and hear everything. I watch everything. Because I have to protect my country from the creatures who want to take it for themselves. And I will do anything to ensure they are safe. Psera in fact developed and manufacture the same weapons used in the attack on Zebrica. And we did use them on Zebrica."

Luna knew it. She knew it! She stood up and shouted, "She's lost her mind!" She jabbed a hoof towards the face of Queen Arcadia. "THOUSANDS of Zebras are now dead! Because Psera's Queen is a racist to their kind!"

"Quite the contrary, Princess Luna." Luna dropped her snarl and stared back in surprise to the face of Queen Arcadia. To the eye that seemed to be staring right at her. She could hear her. Princess Cadance, Celestia, Flurry, Shining, Novo, Madam Singe, and the other rulers stood up from their seats and stared back. Either in fear or anger.

Queen Arcadia straightened back up and sighed with a wave of an uncaring hoof. "Let's just say witnessing the innocent deaths of over two hundred Pserateps in a single throne room, and the death of your husband and Daughter in one day tends to make a mother, a wife, and a powerful queen of an exceedingly powerful country extremely angry."

Cadance gasped and covered her mouth. No. Not Dawn, no. "Here's the deal, IHT. You are protecting a sworn enemy of Psera since before I was born who have disgraced my country and home twice in a millennia. Zebrica is an enemy of Psera and have proven to be as such when they attacked Psera in the Gold Wars, then again when they slaughtered innocent Pserateps welcoming my return back to the throne two months ago.

"I watched Madun take his last breath in my hooves, then saw Dawn turn to dust in those same hooves less than two hours later. I attended the funerals of all of the victims, lit the torches on my filly's mausoleum, and closed the doors to my husband's on the same day. Their deaths will not be in vain. I didn't allow Maheera to get away with it, and I shan't allow Zebrica to get away with it. You will turn over the Zebras you are protecting to Psera custody or we will take them by force."

Princess Celestia walked around the circle to stand front and center in front of the projection. "Queen Arcadia, any threat upon IHT Members is a shout of war against all of us! I am sure you do not wish to go to war with your homeland!"

"Well of course not," she replied. It was as if they were calling her heartless. "Which is why I'm giving you a choice. Hand them over willingly, or we will take them by force."

Madam Singe cleared her throat and suggested, "I propose we discuss this in a more civilized manner. Where we are not shouting at each other through projections and pinning ponies to the floor."

Queen Arcadia's eye became more uncomfortable by the second. Sunset wasn't sure how much longer she could take staring into it.

Luckily, Queen Arcadia replied, "That seems fair. Let them up."

The Guards raised their hooves off their bodies and allowed them to stand on their own. But weapons were still pointed straight at their heads and faces. Rainbow snarled and grunted in disapproval while Queen Arcadia walked calmly back to her desk.

"I assume you want to meet in person," she said.

Celestia and Novo looked to each other and silently agreed. Then looked back to the projection. "That would be for the best," Celestia answered. "How about—"

Queen Arcadia dropped into her seat and interrupted, "I will be deciding the date, Princess. All of you are in the middle of a private war between the Zebras and Pserateps and are trying to stop it from happening. Unfortunately, this is already happening and has been happening for centuries. There is nothing you can do to stop it."

"There must be a medium between your countries, Queen Arcadia. A medium that doesn't involve sudden attacks against a country that has, in no means, any way to protect itself against great weaponry such as Psera's."

Arcadia reached to the corner of her desk and pressed the device on the corner. "Then maybe they should stop surprise invasions and attacking first if they don't expect a retaliation. The first time they invaded, they slaughtered nearly the whole City-State of Cop. We returned fire by running a sea red with their blood. Now that we have the upper hand they all of a sudden want to cry wolf. Secretary?"

A voice on her desk replied, "Yes, your highness?"

"Summon my Emergency International Defense Committee at once please. Tell them to drop everything and meet me in the Meeting Room immediately."

Gardeen quickly left by exiting through the bedroom. "Yes, ma'am."

Queen Arcadia focused back on the ponies in front of her and ordered, "Psera does not attack unless they are impelled. And I can honestly say, we were more than impelled. We'll meet with you but I—not anyone else—will let you know when. If you do not meet with us, we will proceed with our default demands of invade and capture if you do not pass the Zebra over to us."

"Arcadia—"

"This conversation is over!" Queen Arcadia banged her hoof on the top of her desk. "I warned all of you that something didn't feel right about that Zebra. But you all called me traumatized and put me on a probationary period. Now my family and over two hundred innocent ponies are dead. And I witnessed them all die." Arcadia leaned forward and smoldered at them. "Your words mean nothing to me, Celestia." Then the connection cut to a black screen.

Queen Arcadia had yanked the device out of Sunset's ear harmlessly and tossed it in the air. Then shot it to dust with expert precision. She pointed back to Sunset Shimmer, Spitfire, and Rainbow Dash.

"Take them down to security," she ordered. "And don't let them out of your sight. Put a horn inhibitor on Ambassador Shimmer and wing restraints on the Pegasi. I'm sorry, you three. You've been nothing but kind to me. But right now..."

Queen Arcadia crossed her hooves and sat back in her seat. "Psera and IHT may be going horn to horn, and blade to blade."

Sunset sighed and allowed herself to be led out the door back into the hall. Great. This is what she feared would happen.

Psera and Equestria officially going to war.