• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 1,854 Views, 37 Comments

The Element of Perseverance (Venom Crossover) - PlasmaBolt305



An earth pony named Manny has endured a lonely life since his parents went missing but a horrible but cool accident will put him back into society to make friends and make new enemies.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,854

Chapter 14: Battle on Witch Mountain?

“What do you mean he left!!!” Twilight yelled before composing herself and added, “Your highness.”

Princess Celestia sighed, “He and Venom believe there is no use for them here or in Canterlot so they left… no one knows where they are.”

Applejack looked confused, “But why did they leave? What did we do to them?”

To everypony’s surprise Princess Luna snapped, “It was all of you! You were all still scared of them and couldn’t even get the guts to tell them in their faces! You saw them as a monster even though they saved your lives!!!” She shouted in rage which made lightning flash in the night and everypony in the area screamed and headed inside their houses.

“What are you talking about? We don’t see them as monsters!” Rainbow Dash yelled and flew in front of the alicorn but her tone held a hint of hesitation which Princess Luna noticed.

“Really then how do you explain this?” Princess Luna’s horn glowed and shot her magic into the six ponies and forced Manny’s memory into their minds and they all gasped at the rage that they both felt when they discovered the truth.

The memory ended and they all shook out of their trance and looked at an angry Princess Luna who was glaring at them all, in fact the glare was so intense that it made Fluttershy pass out and Pinkie Pie pale.

“It… it was my fault, I’m the one who snapped at him and made this happen.” Rarity said sadly and sniffled… she’s been crying for awhile.

Princess Celestia looked at the hole where Venom/Manny made before they jumped into the unknown.

“The past is the past, we cannot change that but we can change the future.” Princess Celestia said firmly and she looked at her pegasus guards, “Find them and convince them to come back, do not use force because-” She gestured to the hole in the wall, “You see what they can do when they are angry.”

They nodded and five of them flew through the hole and in the direction where they flew, the white alicorn turned back to her student, “It’s best you head back to Ponyville, I will alert you when we find them.”

“Wait why can’t we go after him?!” Rainbow Dash said and Princess Luna answered that question, “Well after all that happened between you six and those two, they won’t hesitate to forcefully get you out of there sight, you wouldn’t want to fight Venom.”

The Mane Six paled at the image of that and realised she had a point, if Manny/Venom were angry… they could retaliate.

“Alright, come on girls let’s go.” Twilight said in defeat and they exited before Rarity looked at the hole that Manny/Venom busted through and prayed, ‘Please… come back.

Unknown Location

“Where are we?” I asked as I looked around but saw nothing but trees, trees… and some high quality rocks.

I don’t know but at least it is far away from them.” Venom grumbled which made me sigh, “Stop talking about them, there has to be a town out here.”

Where do you see one? There is nothing here at al… oh.” Venom realised as we walked through the thicket and saw a little village in the clearing which made me smirk, “You wanna finish that sentence?”

Venom growled but didn’t say anything as I made my way down to the entrance and soon we were walking through the village.

I looked around hoping to see somepony but the strange thing was that… there was nopony in sight.

“Um… hello?” I called out but nopony replied, tumbleweeds blew aimlessly in the wind and not a single sound was heard.

Where is everypony?” Venom asked and I wondered the same thing since the village was inhabited, we kept walking around until something said, “Psst!”

I turned my head immediately towards the noise and saw a griffon hiding in a house… she seemed scared for some reason.

“Come in here quick! Before they get you!” She said urgently and I ran then jumped through the window as the griffon locked the door and shut the blinds which made me uncomfortable.
“Um, what are you doing?” I asked and the griffon looked at me, “Everypony in this town was taken!”

That got my attention, “What do you mean ‘taken’?”

The griffon explained, “I am Gilda by the way.”


I nodded, “Manny.”

Chicken.” Venom said hungrily while I mentally told him to shut up as Gilda began explaining, “When I came to this town a couple of days ago it was full of happy ponies and griffons so I settled down here until four hours ago a bunch of ponies in armor came with all these technology stuff and captured them all… I hid and was forced to watch it.”

I was in shock, “Those were the same ponies that tried to invade Ponyville.”

Gilda nodded, “I overheard them talking and they said to take them to Witch Mountain.”

I stifled a laugh before getting serious, “Which mountain?” I asked and Gilda blinked, “Witch Mountain.” she answered again

I was starting to get annoyed, “Which one, there’s dozens of mountains?!” but Gilda shook her head, “No Witch Mountain, W-I-T-C-H mountain.”

“Oh… where is that?” I asked and Gilda used her wing and pointed to the North, “Far North, twenty four days journey.”

“That is far.” I said as I looked in the direction of where the location was but something confused me, “Then the techno- ponies shouldn’t be far right?” I asked

Gilda shook her head, “They teleported.”

I nodded in understanding and walked to the door before Gilda stopped me, “Are you crazy! You can’t face those guys on your own!”

This time Venom spoke through me and said, “He is not alone.” Gilda stepped back in shock and surprise and then realisation struck her like a lightning bolt.

“You are Venom.” She said in awe and Venom covered half of my face and we corrected her, “We are Venom.” Before we transformed and ran in the direction to Witch Mountain and since it was twenty four days away, we were determined to cut that in half.

Day 1

We sailed through the air as high as we can hoping to find any clues along the way for who we are dealing with but before that could happen, my stomach growled which made me realise how long it has been since we ate which was since Ponyville.

We need to eat before we lose any more energy.” Venom said hungrily and I looked around until we saw another town that was a couple of hours away from the one we just left so we swooped in to see what was going on.

This town was definitely country-like and the ponies here were farmers, apple-buckers, cowgirls and boys and a lot more. One yellow earth pony who wore a brown jacket and a cowboy hat came up to us and greeted us, “Howdy partner, welcome to Appleloosa!”

“Nice to be here.” I greeted back and then asked, “You have anything to eat?” and my stomach rumbled loudly in agreement.

He laughed, “Of course, I’ll get some pie and apples for you.” He walked off before he came back and said, “I’m Braeburn by the way.”

“Manny.”

He gestured for me to follow him and he led me to his house where he took out some pie and some apples. While I was eating and Venom devouring the food as soon as I swallowed, Braeburn and I chatted about where I was from and how his cousins were doing which happened to be Applejack and Big Macintosh.

“Applejack is not so bad once you get to know her you know.” Braeburn said, “She cares about her friends and sometimes even considers them as family.”

“Hmm, I’ll think about that.” I said as I finished my food and got up, “Well I should get going, thanks for everything.”

Braeburn smiled, “No problem dude, if you ever need anything just asked and tell my cousins I said hi!”

I walked out of his house and Venom gave me his wings and we continued North with me pondering on what he said, ‘She cares about her friends and sometimes even considers them as family.’

You are thinking the same thing aren’t you?” Venom noticed my thoughts and I sighed, “I just need time to let off steam you know?”

Venom agreed and we kept flying until sleep overtook me and Venom saw this, “I can still control your body, I will keep us in the air since I don’t sleep a lot, catch some sleep Manny.

I thanked him before I drifted off and fell asleep while flying in the dark night with the moon shining on us.
I dreamt that I was in a hallway and in front of me were two unicorns in cyborg-like armor talking to each other and they were walking towards a door which I followed behind them quietly until they opened it and I gasped.

There were ponies in tubes with a weird green liquid circulating around them, their eyes were milky white and wires were connected to them and some were griffons, they were motionless as they floated in the tubes and there was someone looking at them and it was… Quetzo.

Rage turned my dream a tinted red but I couldn’t do anything but listen, “Sir, are these subjects going to survive?” One of the soldiers asked and Quetzo looked at them, “Let me worry about that now is he ready?”

The soldiers nodded.

“Good.” Quetzo hit a button and another canister surfaced from the floor holding another pony but this one was different and for some reason he was familiar, he was a blue pony about my age with a mane with the color of… it couldn’t be… it was yellow.

I tried to look at his cutie mark but I couldn’t see it… I cursed silently.

“He has been successful in the Time Circle Project, what about the other one?” A soldier asked and Quetzo replied, “She did not make it.”

“Hmph, weaklings.” The soldier replied and Quetzo held a canister with another slob that looked like Venom except… it was dark red?

“It took me a while to make this symbiote, now let’s see if the four of them can cooperate.” Quetzo said evilly as he turned his full monstrous form to the pony who was awake and had pure rage in his eyes.

I suddenly woke up to find that we were still flying and still in the air except now I can see the mountains in the distance and there was snow on top of it, we must real far North.

We are close to our destination.” Venom said happily and I asked, “How long did I sleep for?”

Three days.” Venom said and I nodded since I did that before and thought about my dream… could it really be him?

Venom noticed that I was deep in thought because he asked, “What’s wrong? Is it dreams again?

I sighed and spoke, “Well… I was in a hallway with two of those Ragnarok ponies and then we were in this massive room where ponies and griffons were in giant tubes surrounded by green liquid, Quetzo was there too.”

Venom growled when I said his name but sounded confused, “They must be the citizens who went missing but… why are you so deep in thought about it?

“Quetzo revealed another pony who was my age and he had a blue coat with a yellow mane… he looked like my dad.” I said and Venom went silent for about five minutes and I was starting to get worried until he spoke again, “That’s impossible, how is he your father if he is about your age?

“Quetzo mentioned something about him being successful in a project known as Time Circle.” I explained and Venom thought about it before replying, “That could mean anything, it's best we wait until we get there.”

“I agree but that wasn’t the only thing that was there.” I said, “Quetzo pulled out a canister and it had something similar to when I found you but it was dark red, he said that it took him awhile to make the symbiote and he hopes the four of them will cooperate.” I recalled and Venom fell silent for the third time in ten minutes before replying, “He has the ability to make more of my kind but that one… I know.”

Venom said that in an angry tone so I decided not to push the topic any further. We kept on flying until we were soaring and dodging mountains, the air pressure up here was really low but luckily Venom helped me get the oxygen I needed.

We kept on flying until we saw our destination, a mountain with jagged edges and was releasing green smoke which was an indication that we found Witch Mountain.

“That… is freaky.” I said as we approached the odd shaped mountain but I gotta admit… that is a good hideout.

Indeed, now let’s bring it down and free the citizens.” Venom said in determination and I nodded in agreement as we flew closer and we circled it, hoping to find a way in.

“There.” I pointed to a cave guarded by a unicorn who didn’t stand a chance as we swooped in and swiftly knocked him out. I carefully walked in and was wary not to make a sound because my footsteps were already echoing throughout the chamber.

Venom helped by putting padding underneath my hooves so I won’t make any noise as we walked and the cave led to an opening which we stopped and looked around carefully before stepping out. It was a hallway and it was the same one I saw in my dream, it led in both directions but to our right was the door and it was guarded by two heavily armed pegasi with weird energy cannons strapped to their sides.

We do this fast and quickly.” Venom said and I nodded, “On three, one, tw-”

I didn’t even finish before Venom took control of my body and jumped into the open, the pegasi’s eyes widened and began shooting but Venom made me jump and shot a tendril to the door behind them and pulled us to it while we body slammed the two guards and stopped any of them from hitting the door.

“Next time, warn me!” I whispered while Venom was saying, “Excellent.

I lifted the two unconscious pegasi and put them in the corner before I gently pushed the door open to see the same thing I saw in my dream but still… it was pretty horrifying to look at in reality. Ponies and Griffons from the village were taken and stuffed into these tubes full of some strange green liquid and connected by wires but the scary thing was their milky white eyes.

This is wrong.” Venom said and I continued to look until I noticed the tube that Quetzo summoned from the floor except… it was empty. I walked up to it but stopped because in front of the tube was the canister that had the dark red symbiote but now it was empty.

“This ain’t good.” I said and I heard a sound to my left and my reflexes kicked in and I ducked just in time for me to dodge a blade that would have cut my head off.

Venom transformed and we looked at our enemy who was red, I immediately thought Carnage but I realised that its head was completely different, it had red horns and was a little more muscular but not as bulky as us. It had long claws on its hooves and it had wings which was something that Carnage did not have but Venom knew who this was.

Hybrid, what happened to you?” Venom asked and Hybrid replied angrily, “You were responsible for her death… YOU DIE!!!”

Hybrid charged and swung his claws but we dodged out of range and tried to land a punch but Hybrid grabbed our hoof and swung us into a wall. Hybrid roared and we roared back and jumped at him but the red symbiote spread his wings and tentacles erupted from it and formed barbed edges, they struck and we made a shield to block them. I looked around and saw a good chunk of rock, using our other hoof we shot a tendril and grabbed before swinging hard into Hybrid’s head. While he was off-balance we charged and tackled him before we were tearing at each other but Hybrid had another tentacle and stabbed it into our head.

Me and Venom roared in pain as our healing factor kicked in but Hybrid peeled off Venom’s face slowly and steadily, we tried to kick him off but his claws came in stabbed into us along with his sharp tentacles.
Now you die.” Hybrid said hungrily as he peeled off Venom’s face which revealed mine and I roared in rage but Hybrid didn’t strike me, “It… can’t be.” he said but Venom returned to my face and we pushed him but Hybrid released us from his grasp and backed away in confusion.

Manny, is that you?” Hybrid said and we didn’t detect any hostility in his voice just pure shock and… hope?

How do you know my host?” Venom asked now curious and Hybrid asked again, “Are you there Manny?”

Venom retracted back into me but was fully alert as me in my normal form looked at Hybrid, “How do you know me?” I asked and Hybrid just looked at me and then he retracted into his host and I gasped in shock, he was an earth-pony with a blue coat and a yellow mane but now I was looking at his cutie mark… it was an open book with a feather for a pen which meant-

“Son, it's me Ryan… I am your father.” The pony said with tears in his eyes as he walked towards me but I scrambled back, “H-how? They said my parents were dead!”

“They lied.”

I couldn’t hold it anymore, I ran to him and hugged him as he hugged me and cried… both of us cried and we hugged for almost a full three minutes before releasing and my dad looked at me, “You’ve gotten fit son, haha.”

I nodded with a smile and looked at him and realised how young he was, “How are you so young?”

My dad’s face went into anger and then he just broke down crying while I hugged him and asked, “What happened?”

Dad looked at me, “Quetzo captured me and your mother when the storm hit and took us here and used us for The Time Circle Project, they used it on both of us and made us young and tried to bond us to symbiotes but…” he faltered and I looked at him with a look of dread, “But?”

“Yo- your mother, my wi-wife didn’t make it.” Dad broke down crying in tears while I just stood there in shock, everything was silent… until I had it with this place and Quetzo… he’s going down and I began walking but my dad put a hoof on my shoulder.

“She wan- wanted you to see this.” My dad said and closed his eyes and a memory surfaced using his symbiote’s powers and it showed my dad holding my mother’s body, I sobbed at her young appearance and she was beautiful.

“Honey, I want you to do something.” My mom whispered to my dad and he sobbed out, “Anything, my love.”

“M-move on please, somepony who loves you, find our son and let him have the love of me, you and his new mom.” She said and my dad said, “I d-don’t know, what if I can’t.”

“Y-you can, there is a mare out there who l-loves you too as much as I do, you will find her especially with your ha-handsome appearance.” My mother said with a smile and from my dad’s shoulder came Hybrid and he looked sad as well.

My mom looked at him, “Ke-keep him safe, please.” Hybrid nodded and spoke, “I will.” She nodded before her body going numb and she whispered her last words, “I love you my sweets.”

The memory ended and I was on the ground crying and my dad hugged me and we stayed in that position for a while before I got up and looked at my dad and realised our symbiote friends were looking at each still connected to their hosts.

We… we are sorry.” Venom choked out his apology and Hybrid shook his head, “It is not your fault nor it is ours, she told us to move on and be happy, like it or not we must do it.” He looked at me and my father, “All of us.”

Me and my father looked at each other with determined expressions and our symbiotes looked at us with determination, “Let’s do this.” We all said and suddenly a voice spoke, “Well well well looks like father and son reunite.”

Our symbiotes enveloped us and we stood back to back to each other and looked around for the location of the voice.

Come out you coward and seal your fate like a true villain!!!” Hybrid roared in rage and we roared in agreement.

“Such capable creatures.” Quetzo said and he came out in his horrid monstrous acid form, Hybrid and Venom, we had to be at least three feet shorter than him since we’re the same height.

“I would crush you right here and right now but someone else wants you more than I do and you will be forced to comply or you die.” Quetzo said and cracked his knuckles and both me and my dad roared, we were eager to smash his head in.

Quetzo smiled with his golden disgusting teeth, “Well then since you resist then we will do this the old fashioned way.” He created long, thick, sharp claws to protrude out of his hands and he looked at us and gestured the signal we were waiting for, Come and Get It.

Author's Note:

Phew! Very fast update indeed! What a good way to make a comeback, introducing the symbiote Hybrid, letting my OC meet his father and finally they both get to fight their greatest enemy. Another chapter coming soon and stay safe!!!

Question: Which symbiote do you want me to put in this story? COMMENT DOWN BELOW!!!