• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 1,854 Views, 37 Comments

The Element of Perseverance (Venom Crossover) - PlasmaBolt305



An earth pony named Manny has endured a lonely life since his parents went missing but a horrible but cool accident will put him back into society to make friends and make new enemies.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,854

Chapter 11: Winter Wrap-Up

Darkness… that was the only thing I was looking at right now. No sound, no ponies, no nothing not even a living soul. I was floating in an endless expanse of darkness with absolutely nowhere to go except the way it was taking me, I tried to move but my entire body was numb and I felt like if I was burning up from my body temperature.

“Hello?” I called out to the darkness and it echoed throughout the endless void of nothing. I looked around but saw nothing at all but suddenly a light illuminated in the distance in front of me which made me squint to focus on it as it was getting brighter and brighter but then I realised that it wasn’t getting brighter… it was getting closer.

I tried to run away from it but I couldn’t move no matter what I did but as the light got closer, I felt more peaceful and more calm as if this wasn’t a threat to me at all. The light got closer until it was about ten feet in front of me and suddenly I was thrusted into an endless tunnel of colors which made my jaw drop until I appeared in the middle of an area with a lot of trees around me. I looked around until I realised I was in Everfree Forest, well somewhere in Everfree Forest, I scanned my surroundings hoping to find anything familiar but I saw nothing that triggered a memory.

“Why did you bring me here?!” I called out but again got no response and I walked around until I trudged off into the unknown. I hopped over trenches, climbed trees to see for civilization and ate some fruit but still found nothing.

“Umm I don’t know why I’m here but there is noth-” I began saying but stopped when my eyes rested on something that was shining in the distance. I squinted but I still couldn’t see it so I began running towards it, dodging through trees and jumping over more trenches until I reached another open valley and the object was a crystal. It was an emerald crystal that was in the shape of a cylinder with a knob on one end for somepony to hold it.

I walked towards the crystal and touched it, instantly I was thrown back into the black abyss, floating aimlessly through the void.

“Alright, who are you?!” I shouted, hoping this was somepony fooling around with me and my question was answered when a voice spoke to me and it was soothing, “Don’t worry young hero, you will find a way.”

As soon as she finished I was pulled out of there and everything went black.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a white room and lying in a bed, my coat felt like it was burning from something as I struggled to sit up. I looked around and realised that I was in a hospital, a very fancy and neatly organized hospital. I tried to stand up but barely managed to pull it off when I began to wobble before gaining control of myself.
About time you woke up.” a familiar voice said in my head and hearing it gave me a headache.

“Venom is that you?” I asked and the voice grunted, “Who else is it going to be?”

“What happened?” I asked as I walked around the hospital at a slow pace and looked outside the nearby window which showed me Canterlot which got me confused as to why I was here and not in Ponyville.

We took the blast when the sentinel exploded but you blacked out after we took it so our friends brought us here to recover.” Venom explained which answered my question and I began walking towards the door until it opened and a pony in a nurse’s outfit came in. The mare had a white coat, pink mane and blue eyes also her cutie mark was a red heart with smaller hearts surrounding it.

She looked at me and her eyes widened, “Oh my! Are you alright?” she asked as I tried to walk toward her but I lost all feeling in my legs and began falling but Venom supported me with his black substance. The nurse looked shocked at this and steadily backed up a couple of steps, “Umm… are you alright?” she asked again and Venom answered for me, “Manny is a little tired.”

The nurse nodded but still fearful of my friend as she approached me and set me back on the bed, “You need sleep, Manny, rest.” she commanded and I had to obey the order and I drifted off into wherever my dream will take me.

I must’ve had a short nap because when I woke up, lunch was served. I sat up with the urge to sleep completely gone but felt a little sore from the lack of movement. I looked at the platter that was set on the table in front of me, a daisy sandwich plus a yogurt and some salad.

“Oh well, can’t complain.” I shrugged and began eating until Venom appeared beside me with his connected-to-my-body form and looked at me while I ate my daisy sandwich, “I sense that you experienced something while you were unconscious, care to tell me what is that?

I swallowed the bite I chewed up before replying, “I was floating in… emptiness until I was suddenly in Everfree Forest where I saw this crystal that looked like a key, then I heard a voice that told me, ‘Don’t worry young hero, you will find a way.' and after that I woke up and here we are.”

Venom was thinking and processing what I just told him so I continued eating before he responded, “I don’t know who could have spoken to you but for now let’s just focus on getting back to Ponyville, our friends are waiting.” I got the feeling he was hiding something but I dismissed it and finished up my lunch just in time for the nurse to come in and check up on me. She entered the room and looked at me with a smile, “Hello Manny, are you feeling alright?”

I pushed the table away from me and got up, “I feel like I never took an explosion to the chest.” I said and the nurse laughed a little before introducing herself, “I am Nurse Redheart, I heard a lot about you Manny, the pony who teams up with Venom.”

“Yes that’s us.” I confirmed and Nurse Redheart looked at her notepad and said, “Oh good! The Princesses want to see you!”

I walked to the door and began making my way down the hall making turn after turn and thinking about that key I saw, “Hey Venom, do you think that key I saw might be the one to the tree?” I asked and Venom replied, “There’s only one way to find out, do you happen to know where it is?

I shook my head and turned another corner to see a white unicorn with a golden mane walking towards me with an aggravated look on his face, he looked like one of the royal family due to his appearance. He looked at me with a confused expression then it turned into realisation, “So you are the one my aunts are talking about.”

I didn’t like the way he said that, he sounded jealous and I mean real jealous, “Uhh depends on the description.”

“They said your name was Manny and had a companion named Venom, both of you defeated Nightmare Moon, bear the Element of Perseverance and defeated the Sentinel as it blew up and both of you took the hit.” He spat everything out like it was bitter to his tongue.

“Yes that is me.” I put some stern into my tone because I could tell this guy was just asking to get smacked, “Yes, definitely.” Venom agreed

“Well I am Prince Blueblood, Princess Celestia’s nephew.” He said proudly and puffed out his chest to make himself look bigger but I was still close to his original height but it won’t take me long to go biped form and show him who's bigger. “This is Blueblood, hmph I was expecting a little skinny brat.” Venom huffed in disappointment

“Well Blueblood…” I started to say but he interrupted, “Prince Blueblood to you, commoner.” Now I was on the verge of throwing this garbage in the dumpster, “Well Blueblood, be glad that I don’t kick your flank all the way to Manehattan for having a big ego about your stupid title.”

Blueblood glared angrily at me before walking off and said, “You will regret this…” until he walked out of sight.

“Idiot…” I mumbled and a voice responded, “Pardon?” I jumped in surprise and hit the ceiling literally and landed back on the ground to see Princess Celestia and Princess Luna standing there with a confused look, “Oh not you! I was talking to Blueblood, he’s worse than I thought.”

Princess Celestia nodded in agreement, “He has been… arrogant lately but I’m sure he’ll get over it once I talk to him.”

I was sure that whenever Princess Celestia scolds him, it just goes in one ear and out the other.

Princess Luna looked at me with concern, “Are you feeling alright?” she asked and I nodded, “Yes, I am fine, for now.”

“That was a nasty hit you took, luckily there were no casualties.” Princess Celestia said with relief and I tried to recall what happened but it came up blank for some reason.

“What happened?” I asked and Princess Luna explained, “We turned around to see you and Venom enveloped around the Sentinel, it exploded and both of you took the hit. After the dust settled, we saw you were lying there unconscious, all the girls freaked out and rushed you to the hospital, mainly Rarity was worried about you.”

I honestly felt relieved at her explanation because everypony was safe and all turned out well but there was something that was bothering me. I tried to grasp the memory of the fight but the effort made my headache which made me rub it in annoyance.

Princess Luna saw this and asked, “What’s wrong?” I looked at her, “I’m trying to remember the fight but its like… it never happened.”

“What do you mean?” Princess Celestia asked and I replied, “When Princess Luna started explaining what happened, it sounded familiar to me but the memory just wouldn’t surface, almost like it was a story with no imagination.”

Princess Celestia thought about this and came to conclusions, “Maybe your brain is still trying to process what had happened, don’t worry Manny it will come to you soon.” She assured me which made me feel a little bit better.

I decided to change the subject, “So… where are the girls?” and Princess Celestia smiled at the question, “They are back in Ponyville preparing for Spring, both of you should head back and help out.” I noticed that she said ‘we’ as referring to me and Venom, speaking of which he hasn’t spoken since our encounter with the ungrateful prince.

“Alright, I’ll see you later then.” I said and The Princesses nodded their heads, Venom gave me his wings and we flew off to Ponyville.

Princess Luna faced her sister, “Do you think Manny is risking his life too much?” she asked and her sister gave her a reassuring smile, “If it’s in order to protect his friends, there is no such thing as ‘too much’.”

In Ponyville

We flew through the clouds and let the breeze cool me off as we soared to Ponyville, I decided to ask Venom why he was so quiet.

“Something wrong, buddy?” I asked and waited a couple of seconds before I got a response, “I have been thinking about what you said, how you couldn’t remember what had happened.” Venom said thoughtfully

“Well I appreciate your concern but you wouldn’t have to worry, it’ll come back to me eventually.” I assured him but Venom ignored it, “Manny, ever since me and you bonded, my weaknesses become your weaknesses, since you have a healing factor it makes things a little safer for you physically but not mentally.” he said which got me confused.

“What do you mean?” I asked as I waved a passing pegasus that flew by and stared at my wings with wide eyes.

Your healing factor can cure you physically but not mentally, when we took the hit I could feel a part of your mind slip from reality and just completely lost itself in the void, I too felt the pull of my past but ignored it, that is why you couldn’t remember what happened.” Venom explained and my head was swinging all over the place in the process of so much information.

“So in other words, stay off the radar for now.” I summed up and Venom grunted at my response to his wise explanation. I flew down to Ponyville and realised the amount of snow that piled up in the town, the ground was just pure white and I saw the colors of ponies cleaning it up and they weren’t doing a good job.

“Well, let’s see what we can do.” I suggested and above the thick snow which let off a cold aura to it. I flew above a tree and saw that Twilight and Spike were trying to assure the town that the snow will be cleaned before Spring.

“Everypony, we just have to work together!” Twilight shouted and Applejack replied, “Dah snow is piling up at the farm, we have to plant the crops but y’all slacking on the job!” she looked at Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash glared at her, “Well we have our hooves full with clouds, you guys are on your own.” Even Fluttershy was arguing as well saying, “The birds need to migrate south instead of north.”

Everpony were arguing as well as Mayor Mare, I decided to land and landed right next to Twilight and Spike who screamed in surprise, “Miss me?” I asked with a grin

“Manny!” Twilight said happily and gave me a hug along with Spike, “Dude we thought you were dead!”

“Wow some reassuring words there.” I said sarcastically and Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy gave their hugs as well. “Good to see ya back partner!” Applejack said happily and Rainbow Dash gave me a hoof-bump along with Fluttershy’s smothering hug, “I missed you!” She said with those baby eyes of hers and I hugged her back.

“So what’s going on with all the yelling and stuff?” I asked and Twilight answered before anypony else could, “Every year, Ponyville cleans up before Spring sets in and every year we are behind, we are trying to be on time but nopony is working together.” she said and I thought for a second.

“Well it sounds like all of you need an organizer.” I said and Rainbow Dash asked, “An organizer?”

I nodded, “If we are working against the clock, then we need to split our time equally with our tasks and not take too long on each of them.” Everypony nodded at the idea until one pony asked, “Who will be the organizer?” I smiled and looked at Twilight who looked happy, “I will be the organizer, time for Winter-Wrap Up!”

For the next ten hours, we all worked our hearts and souls out literally, we cleared the field so The Apple Family can plant new crops, we cleared the clouds in the sky, we cleaned the ice from the lakes, we woke up all the animals, and all the other things required. Like it or not, we completed everything on time!

I helped out a lot because of my enhanced abilities and Pinkie Pie and Rarity were glad that I was still alive. I lifted all the heavy things especially with the plowing of the fields, clearing the clouds and cutting through the ice.

Now everypony was gathered in the town square where Mayor Mare spoke, “It is my pleasure to announce that Winter is Wrapped Up on time!” Everypony cheered, “Twilight Sparkle you are now the all team organizer!” Twilight looked stunned and was at a loss for words as she received her uniform.

I smiled at the heartwarming scene, “This was fun, I’ll admit it.” Venom said happily and we turned to head home but then Mayor Mare called out, “Manny, have you forgotten something?!”

I turned around to see myself getting lift by magic and put on the stage, realising it was Twilight who put up here for some reason, “Manny and Venom, you both have played a critical role in this year’s Winter Wrap-Up which is why I deem you the Peace-Maker!!!” I received a uniform that was yellow and streaked with red and strands of white, I was at a loss for words.

Everypony cheered especially the girls as I faced the crowd with a smile, “We could get used to this.” Venom said and for once I had no doubt about that.

Author's Note:

Whew! This was worth the time honestly! Now my OC is set on a good timeline that I have created for him, now what matters is what will happen?

Question: Which marvel movie are you most excited for? COMMENT DOWN BELOW AND LIKE THE STORY!!!!