• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 1,845 Views, 37 Comments

The Element of Perseverance (Venom Crossover) - PlasmaBolt305



An earth pony named Manny has endured a lonely life since his parents went missing but a horrible but cool accident will put him back into society to make friends and make new enemies.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,845

Chapter 10: Canterlot Trouble

I decided to head back to the tree where I saw that strange symbol and somehow it brought back something from my past but I couldn’t figure it out. Me and Venom have been getting along quite well over the past few days but sometimes his ego can get the best of him.

“Alright buddy, you ready?” I said to myself as I walked out the door and locked it.

Yes but don’t call me ‘buddy’ it makes me feel like an animal.” Venom grumbled and I smirked at that, “Oh so you have feelings huh?”

Why all living things have feelings Manny, so to answer your question it's a yes.” Venom responded and I decided to change the topic, “Since you’re in my head, can you look through the memories of my past?”

I must’ve caught him off guard with my question because right now I am getting many hints that all lead to something I can’t physically remember. Venom thought about it before replying, “Yes I can but why do you ask?

“When I stared at that symbol, I get the feeling like I should know what it is but its not coming to me.” I explained as I walked through Everfree Forest, stepping over roots that grew onto the path to mess with ponies.

So you want me to look through your memories to see if you have seen it before?” Venom clarified in which I nodded in confirmation for what I want him to do.

I can’t look through memories you can’t recall, Manny so that’s out of the box.” Venom said sadly and I kicked a tree so hard that I launched it out of the ground and it went flying through the forest before crashing down. Why was it so hard just to remember something that can get me to my parents? Why did my life even have to start out like this?

Venom must’ve sensed my frustration, “Manny, lets just go to the symbol and take it from there? You said you got a feeling when you looked at it so I might be able to investigate it.” he said hopefully

I grumbled out a ‘ok’ and walked towards the location of the tree, none of us said anything because my friend sensed how angry I was and wisely kept his mouth shut. I thought what the girls were doing today, probably having picnic or something.

I arrived at the path to Zecora and took a right through the poison joke flowers because they don’t do anything to me and soon we arrived at the tree with symbol on it. The triangle surrounding the eye in the middle seemed to stare at me as I stared back at it with curiosity. I waited for the tingly feeling to return but got nothing so I continued to look at it and tried to connect it to my memories or anything that my mind would scream familiar but got nothing.

Hmm, I am not getting anything, try thinking about your past like when you were young.” Venom suggested and I sighed, “Alright but I don’t know what good it will do.”

I focused on my childhood life and began looking for something that I did with my parents, swimming with them in the lake, eating dinner, making a recipe for disaster. I don’t know why that one came to me but I can’t afford to lose focus. I searched all the memories I can remember but nothing came to me, nothing related to this stupid symbol carved on the tree in front of me.

“ARGH!” I shouted in anger and frustration and stared at the ground in defeat as I wondered why I couldn’t get that feeling anymore.

Don’t worry we’ll figure it out eventually.” Venom assured me but I’m pretty sure it went in one ear and out the other. I was busy thinking about this symbol before I got this tingly feeling in the back of my mind and I shot up in an instant. I received one word in my mind that was loud and clear, DANGER.

There is trouble, it is coming from Canterlot.” Venom reported which made me confused, “How do you know it's from Canterlot?”

Whatever you receive, I can break it down further to get more information from it.” Venom explained and I got up, “Well let’s go see what it is.” Venom gave me his wings and we flew to Canterlot. Thankfully, we had some flying practice which made getting the hang of my new accessories but still I swayed a little from being so high from the ground.

“So what is the threat?” I asked while flying through the clouds and enjoying the feeling of being able to fly.

I am not entirely sure but the threat was imminent and can deal a lot of damage if we don’t do anything about it.” Venom said as we flew for a while until Canterlot came into view but the city looked fine.

I looked around but saw nothing out of the ordinary, “Are you sure we are in the right area?” I asked because there was nothing wrong with the place.

Where are the citizens? Isn’t it usually crowded in the morning?” Venom said confusingly which made me agree with him when I looked through the city, there was no one in sight. I landed in the city and looked around but saw nopony in the area… must be hiding from something or someone.

Wait… do you hear that?” Venom asked and I listened but heard nothing until the ground shook beneath me as almost if someone massive is coming this way.

“What was that?!” I asked aloud and my answer came into view from behind a building and it was a massive robot.

This thing was twenty feet tall and made of a strange blue metal that encased its inner core. It had buffed out armor that made it look like it was built for defense instead of offense. It had red eyes and an energy reactor in the middle of its chest that glowed like the sun itself except without the heat. It looked at me and raised its arm which transformed into a cannon and fired, Venom pulled me out of the way with his black substance and transformed me into his form as we looked at our opponent who began speaking.

“TARGET ACQUIRED...TARGET MUST BE DESTROYED.” The robot spoke in its voice which sounded cool to me but still we had to take him down before he can destroy the city.

Venom and I roared and charged the robot who tried to throw a punch at us but we ducked underneath it and delivered a powerful strike to the kneecap which made it fall on to one leg, then we uppercutted him which sent him flying back. The robot got back up and got into a fighting stance, we charged with intent to dismantle him but he spoke something we didn’t understand until it was too late.

“PHYSICAL IMMUNITY ACTIVATED.” The robot said and a yellow hexagon force field appeared around it and when we charged to deliver our hit, we punched the force field and got bounced back until we slammed into a building which had a family inside. The parents screamed in fright at our appearance but the foal was looking at us with awe.

Sorry about your house.” Venom apologised and the parents just nodded while still staring at us in shock that we had managed to crash into here. The foal ran up to us, not scared of Venom’s massive teeth, and smiled, “Cool! I can’t believe I get to meet a superhero!”

I smiled at this and patted the kid on the head before looking at the robot who still had his force field up and raised a cannon at us. We turned to the kid and said, “Gotta go.” and we jumped at the robot and smashed into it which threw it off balance and it landed on the ground with a THUD!

I looked around and saw a huge slab of stone that was chunked out of the ground and Venom got the idea of what to do with it, we picked it up and charged the robot who was standing up and slammed it on his head really hard which made him fall back down. We went to deliver a kick but the robot activated its force field with the same voice and we got slammed back and created a trench through the ground.

“It’s definitely more of a defense than an offense.” I said as we struggled to get up.

He is very strong, whoever built him was smart with his weapons.” Venom agreed as we got up but the robot raised a cannon at us and we prepared for the worst but all of a sudden, a blue beam of magic hit the robot and it went right through its shield and slammed into his chest. Somepony landed on our left and we looked to see it was Princess Luna!

“You need help?” She asked and we got up without any trouble and looked at her, “Where is your sister?” Venom asked completely dismissing the question.

Princess Luna gestured to the direction of Ponyville, “Went to have a social gathering with her ponies, obviously oblivious to this… monstrosity of a machine.” then she looked at us, “Where’s Manny?”

Venom retracted only his head to reveal my head, “Hi” I said and she looked at me with surprise before composing herself, “I will have to get used to that.”

The robot started to get up and we looked at it as it faced us and got out a cannon on his left hand and an electrical wire on his right hand. “SYSTEM SET TO ANNIHILATION, MUST DESTROY ALL BEINGS WITHIN AREA.” The robot said and we both looked at each other, nodded and charged the robot together.

Princess Luna took the sky and began shooting magic beams at the robot which made it shoot at her with its cannon but she is more agile than she looked. We on the other hand took the robot from the ground and began pounding it with strong punches and dodging the electrical wire.

The robot than said something after another magic beam hit it and broke its eye, “ENERGY IMMUNITY ACTIVATED.” and when Princess Luna shot another beam at it, it connected with the shield but not the robot.

“I got an idea!” I said within Venom “When the robot said physical immunity it probably meant we can’t harm it with punches but only with magic, when it says energy immunity it can block magic but not punches.”

Yes, let’s do it.” Venom said and together we charged and jumped onto the robot’s head and just like my prediction, we went straight through the shield without any trouble and began ripping the armor out of the robot’s frame. The shield went down and the alicorn began shooting her magic beams again at full power which blew the robot’s right leg and we took it and began slamming it in the robot’s chest like a giant hammer pounding a nail. Princess Luna then casted a spell which was probably a spell that made her stronger because she swooped in and kicked the robot so hard, it broke its arm off. We decided to end this fight and we grabbed the robot’s electrical wire and and drove it straight through its chest until it was shaking and shaking and then… it shut down and became lifeless.

Venom retracted back into my body and I was panting with exhaustion but soon it healed as Princess Luna landed next to me and looked at the robot, “Where did it come from?” she asked and I walked up to the machine ignoring the sparks that still burst from the wires. I looked at the wreckage until my eyes rested on a plate that was wielded on the chestplate ‘Sentinel.’

“It’s a sentinel.” I said as I placed my hoof on the name tag and Venom came out of my body and looked at it, “Indeed it is but more advanced.

Princess Luna looked confused, “What do you mean more advanced?” she asked and Venom faced her as I turned to her, “Sentinel is another word for soldier, I am not exactly sure who creates these machines but whoever they are, they are capable of making doomsday possible.

I shuddered at the idea of the end of the world talk we were currently having but like it or not, we were discussing it, “So what do we do with the sentinel?” I asked as all three of us looked at the massive hunk of metal.

“I will take it to the castle, maybe the scientists there can tell us more.” Princess Luna suggested and when we went to pick it up… the robot came back on.

Princess Luna readied her horn with magic and Venom gave me his fists for physical combat but the robot spoke and it wasn’t its voice, “So you think you won?”

I recognized that voice and so did Venom because he snarled and spoke in an angry tone, “Quetzo.” Princess Luna widened her eyes when she saw our expressions at the sound of the voice.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t rip you apart for what you did to me.” I said in a dark tone which made him chuckle.

“Easy and we will get to that shortly but all of you may win the battle but will lose the war since I have plenty of plans in store.” Quetzo said and Princess Luna got tired of his games.

“Show yourself!” Princess Luna shouted “If you think you can stand up to us, then face us coward!”

“You bargain for than you can ask, when you face me, you will experience an all new level of pain and suffering. Why join with your sister when you can be much more than what you are now?” Quetzo said and Princess Luna faltered at the chance to retort.

Do not listen to him! He will kill you as soon as your back is turned!” Venom warned and suddenly all three of us heard a voice shout, “Luna, Manny!”

We turned around to see Princess Celestia, the girls and a couple of pegasus guards running towards us and soon they caught up to us. Princess Celestia hugged her sister and the girls came and started asking me questions about what happened.

“Aww how touching, it's a shame it will all end soon.” Quetzo said and everypony looked at the robot.

“Who is that?” Applejack asked and I answered that question, “Quetzo is speaking through the robot, the bastard who experimented on me.”

Surrender now, this is your last chance because we won’t ask a second time.” Venom snarled and Quetzo laughed, “Oh you think you have bargaining power over me, no no nooo we are just getting started.”

“Alright, then come show yourself and you’ll see how fast we end it!” Rainbow Dash yelled and everypony nodded and looked determined but Quetzo just chuckled, “Oh I wouldn’t want that to be your last words, come find me if you wish but fight me and you will die.” He said in a dark tone then the robot began starting a countdown, “Self destruct sequence in 10, 9, 8…”

Princess Celestia turned to her subjects, “Get out of here, now!” she shouted and everypony began running and the alicorns flew to take them away but I ran to the robot and Venom created a thick black shield around us and the robot as it began counting down, “6, 5, 4…”

The girls must’ve realised I was not with them and they turned around and gasped at me and Rarity began running to me, “MANNY!!!” she cried out with tears in her eyes. Me and Venom gave her a smile before “3, 2, 1” the robot exploded into a massive electrical explosion in the shield we made to protect our friends.

Author's Note:

Sorry for not uploading for awhile but here it is and expect another one one this week. PEACE OUT YOU GUYS!!!

Question: Who is your favourite marvel character? COMMENT DOWN BELOW!!!!!!!!