• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 1,844 Views, 37 Comments

The Element of Perseverance (Venom Crossover) - PlasmaBolt305



An earth pony named Manny has endured a lonely life since his parents went missing but a horrible but cool accident will put him back into society to make friends and make new enemies.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,844

Chapter 8: Look Before You Sleep

“So you need some of my blood?” I clarified to Twilight

“Yup.” She confirmed and continued setting up the container that will hold my blood

I am currently in Twilight’s library because I promised her that I would let her research my healing factor but I wasn’t expecting her to ask for my blood.

“O-ok if that’s necessary.” I gave in and held out my front leg

“Great!” Twilight exclaimed then she took a needle and happily stabbed it into my leg with a grin on her face.

“You seem to be enjoying this aren’t you?” I noticed because I had nothing else to talk about

“Yes because if I could extract the healing factor out of your blood then the hospital will be able to cure anypony’s problems!!!” Twilight explained happily and in a fast tone then went back to the container to make sure there were no leaks of any sort.

“Well I guess that makes sense.” I agreed and looked out the window and noticed that it was cloudy all of a sudden.

Stop being a baby and suck it up.” Venom scolded

“Oh shut up.” I said but I said it a little too loud because Twilight looked up at me with a confused look, “What?”

I shook my head before clarifying, “I was talking to Venom.”

“Oh, what did he say?” Twilight asked curiously

“He’s telling me to stop being a baby and suck up the pain.” I said in annoyance

Twilight laughed at that before responding, “Well I’m glad you two are getting along.”

“By the way, why are the pegasi making the weather cloudy today?” I asked while looking out the window

“They skipped a shower last week so they decided to make it up today.” Twilight explained while still looking at the container

A few seconds later, Twilight announced, “DONE!!!”
I could feel the needle stop sucking the blood out of me so that’s when I removed it and handed it back to Twilight, which she took and put everything into a small box.

“So where is it going?” I asked

“I’m sending it to Princess Celestia along with my research on it because I don’t have the tools to fully research your blood.” Twilight explained

“Oh this is so exciting!!! Your blood can make many things possible like immunity, immortality” Twilight gasped loudly with a smile “Immortality can be huge!” She looked at me with huge eyes which made me uncomfortable.

“Ok calm down.” I said while getting back up on my hooves and was walking to the window when it started to rain down heavily and the wind was blowing really hard.

I looked out the window and sighed, “This is going to be a fun walk home.” I said sarcastically

Twilight looked at the rain then looked at me before saying, “You can stay here if you want.” she offered

I looked at her before replying, “I don’t want to be a burden or anything.”

“OH no no no you won’t.” Twilight gasped loudly “We could have a sleepover! Oh it will be my first sleepover!”

“Well it is my first sleepover so why not?” I smiled at Twilight which happily returned it before heading to the door while I looked around and tried to figure out what to do. I decided the only way to kill some time was to read and read and read some more.

Well look for something interesting at least.” Venom suggested which was not making this any easier. I was about to pick out a book of some sort before I heard Twilight shout, “APPLEJACK, RARITY!!!”

I looked towards the door and saw Applejack and Rarity in the rain staring at Twilight but they didn’t notice me.

This is going to be interesting.” Venom said which made me silently agree as well

“Come in girls, quickly!” Twilight ushered to them and they began running towards her and soon approached the door.

Rarity entered the house, “Why thank you Twilight, your kindness is greatly appreciated.”

Applejack then said, “Yes, your hospitality is excellent.” and was about to enter the house but Rarity stopped her and looked at her hooves which made me notice that they were all muddy and dirty.

“Be a polite guest and clean your hooves.” Rarity said before entering Twilight’s house and left Applejack glaring at her and muttering something under her breath as she walked back outside to get herself cleaned up.

There is tension between those two.” Venom noticed

“Obviously.” I said

“Why the pegasi scheduled a rainy day at the wrong time.” Rarity complained

“You could stay here.” Twilight offered and then looked toward the window then looked back at Rarity with a big smile, “You can sleepover!”

I looked outside and saw Applejack in the rain trying to wash her hooves and I felt sorry for her so I decided to go outside and help her out.

The rain hit my skin and my coat but I didn’t care as I approached her, “Hey.”

Great way to start a conversation in the rain.” Venom said sarcastically

Applejack jumped at the sound of my voice but turned around and saw it was me then relaxed, “Ya really had me right there but what are you doing out here?” she asked

“To help you out obviously.” as I nodded to her muddy hooves

“How ya going to help me out?” Applejack asked confused

I closed my eyes and focused on a roof over her head using Venom’s powers and opened my eyes when Applejack gasped and saw the roof over her head, I turned to the hose and in the rain I sprayed her hooves cleanly.

Applejack smiled when I finished, “Thank ya Manny, I owe ya one.”

“No its fine.” I said and when I went to turn off the hose I ended up getting sprayed myself and now I was soaking wet with my mane completely covering my eyes and I heard Applejack laughing.

“You better get inside or else I’m gonna collapse the roof.” I playfully said

I heard Applejack’s hoofsteps fade into the house as soon as I said that and I laughed at that before shaking myself off and placing the black roof over me as I dried myself but Venom took it back and I was drenched again.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!” Venom roared with laughter

“Very funny.” I mumbled and walked back into the house to see Twilight showing Applejack and Rarity a book.

Twilight saw me and giggled, “Applejack told me you drenched yourself.”

“Ya and then Venom collapsed the roof on me when I dried myself.” I said and all the girls laughed at that.

“So how did you get caught in this dreadful storm?” Rarity asked

“I wasn’t caught in the storm, I was here because Twilight researching my healing factor.” I explained and Rarity mouthed ‘Oh’

“So let’s get this sleepover started!!!” Twilight exclaimed

Applejack blinked a couple of times before saying, “Ya I have to...get back home so..” Applejack went for the door but a lightning strike brought her back and she agreed to staying.

“Great so what first in your book?” I asked and Twilight read it before beaming, “MAKEOVER!!!”

“Oh no.” I said as I widened my eyes and Rarity squealed then got some mud and placed on her face then on rubbed it on Twilight’s face.

“Now wait just a dong gong minute.” Applejack said angrily “I can’t have mud on my hooves but its okay to have mud all over your faces.”

“Silly this is not mud, this is mud mask, it is designed to replenish and rejuvenate your complexion.” Rarity explained and began putting the mud mask on Applejack’s face in which she did not enjoy at all.

Now I am starting to feel uncomfortable.” Venom said

“Same.” I agreed as I watched Applejack ate the cucumbers that Rarity put on her eyes.

“We gave each other makeovers!” Twilight exclaimed and using her magic, she levitated the book and checked it off.

I looked at Applejack and Rarity who have seem to catch themselves in another argument.

“You don’t want to ruin Twilight and Manny’s first slumber party, don’t you?” Rarity asked angrily

“No but your ruining it with your fancy smancy accessories.” Applejack replied back and looking Rarity in the eyes

“Oh ok, what about you? How are you contributing to all this?” Rarity shot back angrily and maintained eye contact which meant I had to step in before things get out of hoof.

“Calm down both of you!” I yelled and got in between them which surprised them both as they looked me with shock.

“Why are you two acting like this?” I asked seriously

“Well she started it when she didn’t help me take down the branches off the trees this morning.” Applejack said and glared at Rarity

“Well she doesn’t know how to show respect in an activity.” Rarity shot back

Well do something or else this noise is gonna make me settle this myself.” Venom said angrily and it made me shiver but Rarity caught it.

“What’s wrong Manny?” She asked

“Venom said he can’t stand the noise so its either you two settle your differences right now or Venom will deal with this himself.” I said shakily and that made the mares pale in color.

Applejack was the first to respond, “Well I guess we could table this, for now.” she said glaring at Rarity.

“Yes we can.” Rarity said and returned the glare which made me sigh and turn to Twilight who had a big smile on her face.

“Next, we have spooky story-telling!” She exclaimed and I could feel Venom possessing me when she said that.

Now this sleepover just got interesting.” Venom said evilly which is making me start to regret meeting him in the first place.

Twilight turned off all the lights and with a flashlight on, she told the story of the Headless Horse which made Rarity and Applejack spooked but I remained my composure because I got something even more scarier than that in my body.
“And when she turned around she saw… THE HEADLESS HORSE!!!” Twilight shouted and used the bedsheet to impersonate the headless horse and lightning flashed which made Applejack scream and Rarity to scream also but latch onto me tightly which I blushed at.

The lights came back on and Twilight was about to check off story-telling but she saw Rarity hugging me and closing her eyes, Twilight held back a laugh but Applejack burst the bubble and started laughing which made Twilight laugh too.

Rarity opened her eyes and realised what was going on then released the embrace while blushing up a crimson storm on her cheeks as she looked me in the eyes which made me look back at hers, lost in those beautiful sapphires.

We really must have been soul gazing into each others eyes because Twilight and Applejack were laughing up a storm worse than the one outside. We both snapped out of it and blushed deeply at our actions.

“Ah knew it! Ah knew it! You two have feelings for each other!” Applejack exclaimed and was high hoofing Twilight which made me confused.

“N-No we don’t!” I said nervously and somehow I could feel Venom’s emotions going haywire.

I’m... fine.” Venom said shakily

I could feel he was getting uncomfortable in this situation as Rarity was trying to lower the situation but the girls just kept laughing at our embarrassment so I decided I need to breathe a little. Venom must’ve agreed with me because without my permission of course, he took control of my body and went upstairs to the balcony real fast which would’ve been cool except I tripped at the end.

“Next time, warn me!” I said as I got back up and stared at the town from the library and took a deep breath then sighed.

That was something.” Venom said and then I realised he’s doing the creepy coming-out-of-my-body form with that face of his.

“Ya and it knocked my confidence down the drain.” I agreed but felt bad about saying it because it tells Venom that I am weak.

Venom must’ve sensed this because he replied, “You are not weak, Manny because you don’t give up on anything or anyone.”

“You keep saying that but what if I can’t live up to the element that chose me?” I asked almost in despair
The element chose you for a reason, it saw someone that can live up to its name, its saw someone with the heart of a hero, someone that will fight for his friends and family no matter how powerful the threat is and someone that will give his life to save his loved ones with zero hesitation.” Venom said and touched my heart to the core when I heard what he said.

“So this is what you see in me?” I asked shocked about what I heard how much I would sacrifice.

Yes, I can see your thoughts and how much you care for your friends and you won’t stop at nothing until you find your parents.” Venom said and looked into my eyes to emphasize his point. “Now tell me Manny, how do you feel about Rarity?

Strangely the words Venom were saying were true about me, “I wouldn’t even think twice about giving my life for her, I would cheer her up whenever she’s down and… I will protect her with my life, no matter what.” I vowed

Yes, I will do the same, we will protect our friends and protect our loved ones, till we die.” Venom vowed as well

“Until we die.” I agreed to the last part and I felt really good about it

There was silence after that and we both heard a sniffle from behind us which made me and Venom turn around to see Twilight with tears in her eyes which meant she heard everything that we said.

“Twilight I’m-” I tried to apologize but Twilight rushed in and gave me a big hug which shocked me and Venom.

Why are you hugging us?” Venom asked confused

“I never had a friend who would vow to protect me or my friends.” Twilight sobbed out “With their lives.”

“I meant it Twilight.” I said which made her look up “I will protect everypony here with my life and I intend to keep that promise.”

Twilight smiled and wiped the tears from her eyes and looked at Venom, “First time I had a proper conversation with you.” She said playfully

Oh you ponies find me too scary to talk to.” Venom replied but with a smile

“Where’s Rarity and Applejack?” I asked

“Still downstairs.” Twilight said happily and went back inside with me following her.
We came downstairs to see Applejack sitting in one corner and Rarity sitting in another, I still sense tension between the two. Twilight went to her book and checked off scary stories which is starting to get on my nerves because that book is restricting the fun tonight.

“Well girls, next up is S’MORES!!!” Twilight exclaimed happily and both mares looked up happily as well and got started. Twilight just doesn’t notice the conflict between those two but she’ll figure it out eventually… I don’t when but eventually.

I went to the window and looked outside which gave me a view of rain, lightning and objects flying in the wind. Everything was dark and gloomy outside which made me sigh and release my gaze from the window.

“Some storm huh?” I said to Venom

Yes, a terrible one indeed.” Venom agreed

I looked at how the girls were doing and Applejack was roasting marshmallows by the fire and Twilight was helping Rarity with s’mores.

I decided to accompany Applejack by the fire and sat down next to her which made her ask me a question.

“So partner, do ya like Rarity?” Applejack asked

“Great way to start a conversation.” I sarcastically replied but thought how I should answer that question especially since she is The Element of Honesty which meant I can’t lie my way out of this.

Answer honestly and NO LYING!!!” Venom yelled

I gave in and replied, “Yes… I like Rarity.”

Applejack smiled, “I was expecting you lie but you answered truthfully.”

I looked confused, “Sooo…”

Applejack looked at me, “So it means that she will be your date for the Gala, right?”

I blushed at that but composed myself, “I mean yes but..” I trailed off

Applejack got confused, “But what?”

I sighed, “The day you girls were fighting for the ticket, Rarity gave her reason for why she wanted to go and was to meet Prince Blueblood so that means she already her… expectations.”
True but she never met him before so you can’t expect that guy to be perfect for her.” Venom said

That got me confused but I decide to question Venom later because Applejack was giving her thoughts on this.

“Well, just because she set her eyes on him doesn’t mean you don’t have a chance with her.” Applejack said

“Huh?” I said in reply

“Ah stink at this but the point is, you shouldn’t give up on her Manny, no matter what.” Applejack said seriously

I realised that this advice was similar to the vow I made and nodded with a smile. Applejack returned the smile and offered me a marshmallow which Venom snatched it with a black tentacle and shoved it into my mouth which made me chew and swallow rapidly.

“What was that for?!” I asked

Hunger.” Venom simply said

“Huh.” I huffed out and Applejack composed herself and looked at me for an explanation

“Venom was starving.” I said and she nodded in understanding.

“Alright, s’mores are ready!” Twilight announced and I began walking towards the table to take one.

“Let me eat it slowly, please.” I said and Venom huffed in response

I took one off the table and began munching on it while Applejack ate her marshmallows and belched out loud while Rarity wrinkled her face in disgust.

“It is rude to interrupt somepony when they’re talking!” Rarity scolded

“Well sorry, didn’t had time to do that.” Applejack replied

Twilight looked at her book and checked off s’mores then announced, “Next up is Truth or Dare!” which made me shudder.

All of us sat in a circle and we began the game with Applejack starting.

“I dare you!” Applejack pointed at Rarity “To let your mane get wet in the rain.”

Rarity looked horrified at this and looked at Twilight and me for help but Twilight shook her head and said, “It is a dare so you have to do it.”

Rarity walked outside and a couple seconds later came back in with her mane soaking wet and drenched but nonetheless the dare was complete judging from Applejack’s smirk.

“Alright then I dare you to wear a puffy and beautiful dress!” Rarity shot back and Applejack gasped but nonetheless came back with a puffy but beautiful dress.

That is an image I am not going to get out of my head.” Venom said with a shudder

“Yup.” I whispered in agreement and the two mares began quarreling again until Twilight broke it up and announced that we should get some sleep.

While Twilight was reading the book of boredom, I was sitting on the floor and shut my eyes to rest for a little until suddenly my mind started screaming JUMP!!! And that’s what I did but not too high and dodged a pillow. I looked at the pillow in shock when Venom started talking to me.

That was your Reflex Sense, it is awakening but annoyingly slow.” Venom said frustrated

I heard more pillows being thrown and saw Rarity and Applejack having a pillow war. Rarity was using her magic to stop and launch pillows while Applejack was bucking pillows with her hindlegs and Twilight was in the middle of it, not realising what’s happening around her.

Finally, Twilight looked up and saw pillows being thrown from all corners, “Oh I get it, it’s a pillow fight!”

As soon as she said that, my mind started going crazy again and I rushed towards Twilight and moved out of the way just in time to be greeted by a high speed pillow followed by an army of them and they drowned me in its big pile of fluffiness.

This is actually not that bad.” Venom said amusingly but this time I didn’t agree with him because I was suffocating under all this fluffiness.

I emerged from the pile to see Rarity and Applejack still arguing and Twilight was digging through the pillows to find me but realised that I was standing right next to her.

“Thanks for the save.” Twilight said and I nodded in response and looked at the two mares who were arguing but Twilight broke it up.

“Girls! Let’s call it a night.” Twilight said and the mares agreed and we all went upstairs only to realise that there were only two beds.

“Oh, How are we going to sleep?” Applejack asked

Twilight answered that question with no trouble, “I sleep in my bed, Applejack and Rarity share.”

“WHAT!!!” They both shouted and looked at the bed while Twilight looked at me sadly

“Sorry Manny, but there’s no more room.” Twilight apologised

“It’s fine.” I said “The couch downstairs is good enough for me.”

“Are you sure?” Twilight asked concerned but handed me a spare pillow and sheet

“I’m sure.” I responded and made my way back downstairs with my weapons and looked at my opponent that was sitting there in all its glory.

Well, get to it.” Venom said

I sighed and made myself comfortable on the couch but stayed awake for a little bit because Rarity and Applejack were having problems with their bed.

“The bed must be neat and perfect.” Rarity said but Applejack must’ve ruined the bed because I heard a THUMP and something hit the ground… probably a table.

Those two aren’t gonna stop you know?” Venom noticed

“I know.” I replied before looking up at the ceiling, Venom must have fallen asleep because he didn’t say anything else and I was so lost in my thoughts I didn’t anypony come down the stairs.

“Manny?” a voice asked

I jumped at the voice but realised it was just Rarity.

“Oh sorry, I was just lost in my train of thought.” I apologised

“No I’m sorry for bothering you.” Rarity looked upstairs “But Applejack is hogging the bed so I was wondering if…” Rarity got a blush on her cheeks

I immediately knew what she meant and blushed as well but I got off the couch, “Here you can sleep here.” I offered even though it was big enough for the both of us.
“But where will you sleep?” Rarity asked

“Leave that to me.” I replied and Rarity climbed onto the couch and I covered her with the sheet which she blushed at the gesture.

“Thank you, Manny.” Rarity said and I nodded then took my place on the ground near the foot of the couch and whispered, “Goodnight Rarity.”

“Goodnight Manny.” Rarity whispered back and we both fell asleep.

Third POV

Rarity was sleeping peacefully until a shaking woke her up and she looked around to find nopony in sight. It was cold and dark downstairs because the window was sucking in the cold weather outside.

“What is-” Rarity began to say but the shaking happened again and she realised it was coming from below her.

Rarity looked down and saw Manny sleeping in front of the couch but he was hunkering the front and was shaking like crazy. Rarity realised that he was cold and shivering involuntarily.

Rarity got up and shivered at how cold it was, “Oh my, its freezing in here!” she looked down at Manny and realised something.

“He’s doing this for me.” Rarity said with realisation “He wants me to sleep peacefully while he endures the cold.”

Rarity got back on the couch and used her magic to lift Manny and set him beside her then used her magic to set the sheet just right.

Manny moved a little to her direction and Rarity blushed a scarlet color on her cheeks but moved herself closer to Manny until they touched and Rarity snuggled against his coat and with scarlet colored cheeks, she fell asleep and never felt better.

Manny’s POV

I woke to the sound of a lightning strike which made me open my eyes and look around only to realize that I was on the couch. That got me confused because I was sleeping on the floor when I gave the couch to Rarity… wait a second. I felt something brace the right side of my coat and looked over and blushed like crazy. Rarity was sleeping next to me with her head against my leg and her whole body was braced against me for warmth, I was still wondering how I got on the couch in the first place though. Another flash of lightning and a clap of thunder erupted and echoed through the library and it has awoken Rarity.

“AAHH!” Rarity screamed but realised it was just thunder and looked around the library to make sure it was in one piece then she looked at me. Rarity and I stared into each others eyes yet again but a massive lightning bolt struck just outside the library and we both snapped out of the daze and blushed at our actions.

“How did… I end up on the… couch?” I stuttered out

“Well I woke up… and saw you were shivering… so I… put you next to me.” Rarity explained while blushing a deep red

I was about to give my opinion on that when I heard a loud SNAP! and turned my head to the window to see a neighboring tree was slowly tilting towards the library which meant it was going to fall towards us.

“Go wake up Twilight and Applejack, I’ll try to stable the tree.” I told Rarity

“Be careful, Manny.” Rarity said before running upstairs and I ran outside to secure the tree which began tilting more and more to the library. I approached the back of the tree and used my hooves to try and pull the tree back into place but I’m only slowing down its fall.

“Wake up, Venom!” I growled as I pulled with all the super strength I had.

I felt him stir within me which would have freaked me out if I wasn’t preventing a giant tree from falling onto my friend’s home and thank Celestia he responded.

What did I miss?” Venom asked tiredly

“Oh so you don’t see the tree I am trying to prevent from crashing into Twilight’s house.” I sarcastically said as I strained to hold the tree which was slowly starting to increase its speed on its fall because I was loosing my grip on the wet bark.

“Can you help out please?” I forced myself to ask politely even though I wanted to scream it at him to get it through his skull or my skull?

Fine but I don’t think it would make a difference.” Venom replied

Before I could reply, the tree was suddenly yanked out of my hooves and I fell face forward into the dirt but I heard a loud CRASH! Which meant the tree has accomplished its mission of making my life more miserable.

“Your strength definitely would have made a difference.” I said as I got back up on my hooves and wiped the mud off of me but unsuccessfully made myself clean.

You are embarrassing us, just stop.” Venom said irritated and retreated into my mind, probably out of boredom or he wants to figure what he missed while he was asleep.

I ran back into the house to make sure the girls were alright but instead I was greeted with the sight of cleanliness and neatness, the tree was gone and the window was closed, which meant that the tree must’ve hit through the window because there would’ve been a massive hole in the wall.

Twilight was the first to spot to me and ran up to get me a hug but saw how dirty my coat was and forgot about it.

“Manny! Are you alright?” Twilight asked concerned

“Ya I’m okay.” I responded then looked at Rarity and Applejack who conversing nicely with each other without any arguing.

Twilight followed my gaze and smiled, “They finally settled their dispute between each other so now they are back to being friends.”

“That’s a relief.” I said and sat down to regain my thoughts until Venom came back with the news.

YOU SLEPT WITH RARITY!!!” Venom yelled in disbelief in my mind which made my brain want to explode.

“It wasn’t my fault!” I whispered

Hmmm, fine.” Venom gave in and went silent after that

“Hey Manny!” Twilight called to me “Come play a game with us!”

“Might as well.” I said and we played a guessing game and after a while, we decided to catch some rest to makeup for the sleep we lost.

I took my position back on the couch and pulled the sheet over me and closed my eyes but was awoken by someone's voice, “Manny?”

I opened my eyes to realize it was just Rarity and took a guess, “Applejack still hogs the bed?”

Rarity nodded, “Even though we are back on good terms, she still hogs it so I was wondering…”
I don’t know what came over me but I got up from the couch, scooped up Rarity, set her on the couch, covered with the sheet and took my place at the front of the couch.

Rarity was in shock and blushing like crazy with what just happened but when she saw me rest on the floor, that was when she put her hoof down.

“Not this time Manny, I want to sleep peacefully.” Rarity ordered and before I could figure out what she meant, I was suddenly lifted up by Rarity’s magic and set beside her and she snuggled up against me with scarlet-colored cheeks which I matched but nonetheless slept better than I have before.

Author's Note:

Wow!!! Manny took a big leap with Rarity today folks and I am sorry for the delay with updating so I apologize but the reason is school and homework and TESTS!!! You know how much of a pain it can be but I gotta make my parents proud. To make it up to you guys, I will let you introduce a villain into my story and it can be any villain you want so choose wisely!
Question: What villain of your picking should I put in this story? COMMENT DOWN BELOW!!!