• Published 29th Sep 2019
  • 1,101 Views, 10 Comments

Apple Sleep Experiment (Expanded) - SirVindicator



Starlight Glimmer was mentioned in Apple Sleep Experiment and I want to focus on her and others (my credit to Magpiepony and Apple Sleep Experiment)

  • ...
4
 10
 1,101

Chapter 2 (part 3): Why did I have to give her that potion? (Twilight)

I thought to myself, "why did I have to give her that potion?"

I confessed with no anger, sadness, nervousness or any emotion in my voice.

"I gave her a potion that I used to use to stay up all night studying for exams and writing ridiculously​ long essays when I was in Celestia's magic. It's a potion made from white leaves, dawn mushrooms and chive roots that the individual unicorn enchants. All of them are grinded down and mixed into the concoction. I started making this potion again after the drought hit, so that I would have more time to find a solution in case Celestia couldn't in time. Then Applejack came to me about a debt that her family racked up with Filthy Rich and how Big Mac was in the hospital from trying too hard to work off the debt. So I gave her the potion and told her to use it as a last resort. I didn't want her to use the potion unless there was absolutely no other way and... I know it's not good for non-unicorns to use the potion. What else could I do? My friend needed my help and I was already busy dealing with the drought."

"Helping your friend in her time of need was a nice thing to do, but you did it in the wrong way, mind you. We'll need some time for what comes next, because the cure for that potion will be very complex."

"The poor darling, why didn't she ask us for help?"

"I could have taken a break from helping the animals for a little bit to help her."

"Because she's too stubborn... I wish then I could have helped her like she did for me." Starlight responded teary eyed.

"I thought I recognized that liquid from somewhere it comes from white leaves. The liquid from them is really good for keeping ponies awake. It's a great stimulant and has a variety of medical applications. As for the potion, my friend, Starry Light and I were chatting about it more than a week ago. She's a senior student at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, with similar manner to you, Twilight."

I groaned at the last comment.

Blight Bow continued, "She said to never give this potion to any creature other than a unicorn or the consequences could be severe. She said if any other creature were to ingest this potion; that it would be very difficult for that creature to get the potion out of their system. They wouldn't be able to sleep for a long time and would get terrible hallucinations."

"You always know just what to say, don't you?" I responded smartly, more depressed now.

"And you being an alicorn would make the potion more powerful." Rainbow Dash added.

"I know..."

There is nothing else to do now but go and start making the cure. I told Starlight and Zecora to follow me to my lab. I didn't need to bring anything my lab is always well-stocked with supplies.

Author's Note:

Still going, things are going to get bloody.