• Published 29th Sep 2019
  • 1,102 Views, 10 Comments

Apple Sleep Experiment (Expanded) - SirVindicator



Starlight Glimmer was mentioned in Apple Sleep Experiment and I want to focus on her and others (my credit to Magpiepony and Apple Sleep Experiment)

  • ...
4
 10
 1,102

Chapter 3 (part 4): What's Wrong? (Princess Celestia)

I took a few moments to stare out into the ocean beyond me despite my best efforts in the efforts of my wizards and scholars, we were barely able to make a few small clouds. The spell hadn't quite worked nearly as well as I thought, the spell to turn saltwater into freshwater. My wizards and scholars and I did indeed have a solution to this drought but it was barely doing anything. Clearly this is no normal drought, there's some sort of magic inhibiting barrier above us, a sort of anti-magic field keeping things this dry. I noticed that even the sun appeared differently, it's normal yellow radiance being replaced by a dark red somber color. I have not seen something like in hundreds of years, this is REALLY BAD. Hopefully "they" are not coming back. Equestria would not survive if they ever returned.

"It is not very complementary to you if you asked me, Tia." Said a voice that I knew all too well. "Even I couldn't find a solution to this drought. Maybe, what's-his-name has a solution?" The voice continued, which belonged to Discord and sure enough, Discord appeared out of nowhere with a small rain cloud next to him, following him wherever he went like a pet.

"Who?" I asked.

"The Royal Chrysler."

"You mean Sunburst? He may know something about to dispel anti-magic."

"Just to make conversation, what is he up to these days?"

"He is teaching a personal student of his, Starry Light. Of my top students that applied for his extracurricular mentoring program, three of twenty-five were accepted. He decided to start the program after thinking of how Starlight and Twilight benefited from being personal students. It was honestly pretty touching to hear."

"I bet."

"So, how are you with your dimension?"

"Traveling back and forth has been more challenging but I am managing...well enough. Hopefully, somepony can pull a solution out of their hat." Discord made a magic hat appear and then reached into the hat and pulled out Twilight.

"What? How? Discord! I was working on cure for Applejack. You can't just pull me away from my work like that." Twilight said angry and confused.

Twilight continued, "Where am I anyway?"

"Twilight."

"Celestia! I know that you must have a solution to this drought already. You must already tested it and-"

"I don't, things are now more complicated. Apparently there is a barrier above that's inhibiting all magic in Equestria."

"Oh, I am so sorry."

"I not am sure if me and my colleagues can find a solution in time."

"What about Luna?"

"She has her own problems to deal with. The amount of nightmares has risen drastically."

"What about Candace and Shining Armor?"

"They have their own problems at the Crystal Empire to deal with."

"Celestia didn't want to overburden you by giving you the responsibility of finding a solution to the barrier."

"Discord, I wanted tell her later. You know how she can get." Celestia loudly whispered.

"It's fine. I was going to find out anyway."

Twilight went over to hug me and returned her affection, she really needed some sort of comfort in this situation. After over ten minutes, Twilight said, "I'm going to need all of my energy for this. Discord, please send me back."

"As you wish." He reached for Twilight, grabbing her and putting her back into the magic hat that he had. He then threw the hat into the air and it disappeared.

"I really wanted that disappearance to have for style and flair." Discord said disappointed.

"I'm sorry, Twilight." I thought to myself.

Author's Note:

Glad to post again, I am happy that you guys like the story.