• Published 26th Oct 2019
  • 11,839 Views, 319 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 10 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 10 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

  • ...
16
 319
 11,839

Episode 12: "Sleeping Chaos"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: Luna and Fluttershy go into Discord's dreams after his lack of sleep unintentionally causes chaos throughout Equestria.

Cast:

John De Lancie as Discord

Andrea Libman as Flutteshy/Pinkie Pie/Bon-Bon

Tabitha St. Germain as Luna/Rarity

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Nicole Oliver as Celestia/Cheerliee

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash/Lyra Heartstrings

Cathy Wesluck as Spike/Mayor Mare

Kelly Sheridan as Starlight Glimmer

Vincent Tong as Sandbar

Sabrina Pitre as Luster Dawn

Julie Andrews as Gentle Breeze

Dick Van Dyke as Gentle Gust

"My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic" Season 10, Episode 12

"Sleeping Chaos"

By Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited By SuperPinkBrony12

After a long day of tending to her animals, Fluttershy settled in for a good night's sleep in her cottage. The animal loving pegasus pony snuggled into her bed and closed her eyes as she fell asleep. However, little did Fluttershy realize that she wasn't be alone for very long. Turning over from her right, Fluttershy felt a bump which caused her to open her eyes slowly. "What in…?" she whispered groggily and looked to see the head of a draconequs lying down and looking right at her with a scared look on its face.

"Fluttershy, can I sleep with you again?"

Letting out a loud scream, Fluttershy jumped up into the air, nearly hitting the ceiling! "Discord!" she cried out in a panicked voice. "This is the third night in a row I've found you in my bed!"

"Sorry," The creature of chaos sincerely replied, getting up to look at Fluttershy. "It's just that, I've been having those nightmares again."

"Discord, how many times are we going to go through with this?" Fluttershy remarked as she landed back on the ground. "You've been a lot of nightmares and it's high time we do something about it."

"Well, when you're the lord of chaos," Discord remarked back, opening his head and taking out his brain. "Your mind isn't exactly, how shall I say it: Clean."

Fluttershy could see the out of control movements Discord's brain was doing, it troubled her greatly.

"I mean," Discord continued, putting his brain back in his head. "Who would you know that would help me with my nightmares? Give me one good pony."

It was then that Fluttershy got herself an idea on who could help her and Discord.

At the School of Friendship, Luna went about teaching her class about a very important topic. "So, you see students," She lectured, directing the students to look at a blackboard drawing of a brain. "The brain is essential for our overall mental health and well-being. Take good care of it and it will take good care of you. Are there any questions?"

Several students raised their hooves, claws or other extremities in response. Luna turned her attention to Luster Dawn, seated in the front row. "Yes, Luster Dawn?"

"Um, Professor Luna, when you were Princess of the Night, have you ever had to help a pony or creature that had nightmares that they could never recover from?" Luster Dawn inquired in a seemingly unaware tone.

Luna stepped forward towards Luster Dawn, looking down at the uincorn intently. Thinking that she'd gone about her question the wrong way, Luster Dawn nervously gulped.

"Many times, Luster Dawn," Luna answered, turning her attention back to the rest of the class. "There were even a few times that they were even beyond my control and I had to turn them over to ponies like Gentle Gust and Gentle Breeze."

Luster could only recoil at the words her professor had told her.

"But that can only reinforce today's lesson," Luna concluded. "If you don't take care of yourself, your mind won't take care of you."

At that the bell rang and class was dismissed.

"Don't forget that the essay on your mental health experiences is due in a few days!" Luna reminded as the students got up and left. "Extra credit goes to those who turn their assignments in early!"

Once the students were gone, Luna sat back down in her desk to decompress. But at that moment, there was a knock at her door and Fluttershy came in.

"Luna, am I interrupting anything?" Fluttershy asked while timidly peeking out from behind the door.

"No, Fluttershy," Luna remarked, her train of solitude interrupted by Fluttershy's presence. "The students have all departed. You may enter."

Stepping into Luna's classroom, Fluttershy sat down in front of Luna.

"Now, what can I do for you?" The former princess of the night asked.

"He's been having those nightmares again, Luna," Fluttershy sighed in confession. "Discord just can't seem to get a good sleep lately and it's…"…

Suddenly, there was a series of loud screams coming from the hallways! Both Luna and Fluttershy raced out to see several students caught inside a large ball of deep-fried, caramel-covered cotton candy!

Taking action, Luna activated her magic and dispelled the ball, freeing the students from the sticky concotion. "All right, who's been eating candy in school?" She demanded. "This is why such things aren't allowed."

"It wasn't any of us!" Sandbar cried as he got to his hooves. "Honest, Professor Luna!"

Sensing that this was related to Fluttershy's conversation, Luna walked back into her classroom with Fluttershy. But no sooner had they done so when they heard more screams. This time it was coming from the grounds. Walking to the window, they saw the pony statue from the middle of the pond coming to life, growling and snarling at terrified students! Fortunately, Starlight and Sunburst were on the scene, using their magic to turn the statue back to normal.

And then there came a random chocolate rain shower.

"All this is from Discord not being able to sleep?" Luna asked, turning to Fluttershy. "Why am I not surprised?"

"Ever since Twilight was in the hospital and you arrested him, he's been having trouble sleeping," Fluttershy answered as they walked away from the window. "I want to help him, but I'm not sure how to do it. That's why I came to see you, Luna. You're the only pony who can help him at this point. You've done it once before, when he was having nightmares after Tirek."

Luna wasn't sure if she should take the chance again, but seeing how Discord's lack of sleep was causing a problem. And how concerned Fluttershy was, she decided that she would again attempt to resolve Discord's mental health problems.

"I'll see what I can do," Luna kindly but reluctantly told Fluttershy. "Why don't I come over to your house tonight and we can go from there? Oh, and have Discord be there when I arrive. I don't want to waste time tracking down his dreams."

Grateful that Luna was taking up on her pleas, Fluttershy nodded. "Don't worry, that won't be a problem. I'll tell him the good news."

Meanwhile, all of Ponyville was going about its business as usual when all of a sudden, the citizens heard a loud stomping sound coming towards them.

"What is that?!" Lyra cried out! Much to the surprise of her and Bon-Bon, a large, red apple with a large mouth came stomping in, causing ponies to scream and shout. "Not again, Bon-Bon!" Lyra screamed! "Do something!"

Bon-Bon ran towards the apple, but before she could confront it head on,the monstrous apple suddenly turned back to normal. But then a pegasus pony developed a large left wing, causing her to struggle with flying. And Bon-Bon and Lyra suddenly found themselves attached to one another.

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous!" Bon-Bon cried while looking at her lover on the other end. "I know we just got together, but…"

Suddenly, a pair of lampposts walked right past them, tipping their tops in respect of the ponies they passed by. Just as quick as they were attached, both Lyra and Bon-Bon broke apart and regained the respective lower halves of their bodies.

The other citizens also suffered similar situations such as Mayor Mare's mane being turned from gray to a cotton candy pink, much to her horror. "Would somepony care to tell me what's happening here?!" She cried out as candles danced right past her!

From inside his dimension, Discord attempted to try and get himself to take an afternoon nap, but it was no use. "Ugh, why can't I sleep?" The chaotic draconequs groaned, forcefully opening his tired eyes. "I've paid my dues with Princess Twilight. What more do you want from me, Equestria?!"

Snapping his lion paw, Discord attempted to calm his mind down by listening to a phonograph playing spa music, but even it was doing him no good. "Why must I suffer like this?" He said to himself in a tired voice. "Sure, my intentions for Twilight backfired, but still…"

Letting out another tired groan, Discord continued to try and find ways to help himself fall asleep. Even counting ewes was impossible. "One ewe, two ewes, three ewes," He whispered to himself as ewes jumped over a fence on top of Discord's head. "Oh, you know that you aren't helping, little ones. Shoo."

Sending the ewes out of existence, Discord laid himself back down on the bed, starring up at his bedroom ceiling. Turning on his side, he saw the Smooze lying down next to him. "Not now, Smooze, I'm trying to sleep."

Dismayed, the green slime creature made its way away from Discord.

"Maybe it's almost like I'm being cursed," Discord said to himself. "To be tormented like this... forever. But I don't want to be tormented! Could it be that somehow I created my own Tantabus, and I didn't even know it?"

Suddenly, Discord looked to his right, and saw what appeared to be a black, shadowy figure in his likeliness. It stood next to his bed and smiled evilly at him.

"Guess I spoke too soon, I should've known." Discord remarked.

"Of course you created me," The tantabus laughed in Discord's evil tone. "I came into your mismatched life when you decided to punish yourself for what you did to Princess Twilight. So don't blame me for giving you nightmares, Discord. You asked me to. I'm simply doing what you wanted to do to yourself."

Laughing evilly, the Tantabus disappeared leaving Discord alone in surprise and shock. He couldn't believe it, he had created his own monster!

Meanwhile, at Ponyville General Hospital, Twilight Sparkle arrived for her weekly check in with Gentle Gust and Gentle Breeze. It had only been a short period of time since her hospitalization, but to her it felt like an eternity. However, there was something else on her mind with this particular visit. Something Fluttershy had brought to her attention.

"So you see," Twilight explained to her two therapist ponies. "Ever since my coronation Discord's been in my mind, and I can't stop thinking about it. I know I should forgive Discord and I have forgiven him. But there's a side of me that doesn't want me to forgive him for what he's done. There's a side of me that says I'm wrong to have even thought of forgiving him."

"Twilight," Gentle Breeze commented, looking up from the notes she was writing. "It seems that you're somewhat conflicted because Discord played a part in what happened to you, yet you wished to forgive him."

"I'll be honest," Twilight remarked, taking a sip of hot chocolate. "There's a part of me that feels like Discord should've been punished for what he did to me. If it hadn't been for him, Tirek and Cozy Glow would still have been in Tartarus and Chrysalis would have stayed hidden wherever she was hiding."

Suddenly, Twilight began to think of that other side of her thoughts. "But if he had been punished for what he did," Twilight continued, looking down at the floor. "Then what good would that have been? It wouldn't have erased what happened to me, I still would have been hospitalized either way."

"Seems to me, Twilight," Gentle Gust observed while looking down at his notes. "You want to forgive Discord for good. Yet part of you doesn't want to ever forgive him. So I'll tell you what you're going to do: I want you to put yourself in Discord's shoes."

"Uh, he doesn't wear shoes." Twilight corrected.

"Yes, well," Gentle Gust stuttered. "Figure of speech, Twilight. What we mean is to think what Discord is and was thinking. He sees potential in you and he wanted to challenge you accordingly."

"By having Cozy, Tirek and Chrysalis crash my coronation ceremony?" Twilight remarked. "The fact is that Discord played with fire and he got burned because of it. Thank Celestia that the final confrontation didn't happen during my coronation, but still…"

Again, Twilight felt the confliction in her mind, trying to figure out if she should forgive Discord for what he did. "Look, how about if I sleep on it tonight?" Twilight asked. "Maybe a good night's sleep will help me think more clearly."

"Well," Gentle Gust spoke up in a somber tone. "We were thinking of doing another deep look into your mind, Twilight. But Gentle Breeze and I both believe you've suffered enough. Not internal dilemma of yours needs to be resolved in such a fashion."

"Thanks for your understanding, guys," Twilight sighed. "I really do want to just put this whole thing behind me and just… move on with my life, that's all. Unfortunately that's easier said than done."

Both Gentle Gust and Gentle Breeze silently agreed with Twilight.

Later that night, Discord found himself at Fluttershy's cottage once again setting himself up on the couch, much to Angel Bunny's chagrin. "Thanks for letting me stay over another night, Fluttershy," He spoke up. "I really hate doing this to you, but…"

"Don't bother, Discord," Fluttershy said as she walked in with a glass of juice for Discord to drink. "In fact, I wanted you over here tonight."

Discord became confused by this saying. "You did?"

"Yes," Fluttershy nodded. "I've decided to try and figure out what's truly keeping you awake at night."

"You're going to go into my mind?" Discord remarked, opening his head and pulling out his mismatched brain. "Why?! Just look at it! Why would you, my bestest friend, want to go into a mind such as this?! You…you don't even have the power to go into my mind!"

Suddenly, the door to the cottage opened and in stepped Luna. "I do, Discord," She declared, causing Discord's mouth to literally drop to the floor. "Fluttershy happened to tell me about your lack of sleep. In fact, on my way over here I saw your chaos leaving behind some damage to Ponyville."

"What…what kind of damage?" Discord asked in a worried tone of voice before producing a hard hat and orange vest. "If you wish for me to fix anything…"

"That won't be necessary, Discord," Luna interrupted. "The damages that are being done to Ponyville will continue unless your mind is freed of the plague your mind is under."

"The plague?!" Discord cried, producing a bowl of mice that he dumped onto Fluttershy's floor. "I thought only rats can have the plague."

Activating her magic, Luna casted the rats away from view. "Not that kind of plague, Discord," She corrected while walking towards him. "I meant the stress that you're feeling at the moment. I'm going to do what Gentle Breeze and Gentle Gust did for Twilight. What I did to help you the last time you had nightmares."

Then without warning, Luna activated her horn and fired a spell from it! The spell struck Discord in the chest, sending him back against a wall. Groaning, Discord struggled to get to his feet, but he couldn't. "What did you…?" Discord coughed as Fluttershy bent down to his level and shushed him as he felt his eyes close.

"Just sleep now." Fluttershy whispered, waiting for Discord to fall asleep from the effects of Luna's spell.

Once Discord was asleep, Luna placed Discord in Fluttershy's bed, leaving the alicorn and Fluttershy ready to go on their mission.

"So now what?" Fluttershy whispered to Luna.

"We go inside Discord's mind and correct whatever is troubling him," Luna explained , once again activating her horn. "Ready, Fluttershy?" Taking hold of each others' wings, Luna and Fluttershy disappeared from Fluttershy's cottage and soon found themselves in a bizarre dimension where pigs flew, chocolate rain fell and everything wasn't as it seemed.

"Where…are we?" Fluttershy inquired of Luna, though she needn't have asked.

"We are inside Discord's mind, Fluttershy," Luna quietly answered. "Come on, we have work to do. And be on your guard."

Carefully following Luna, Fluttershy reluctantly focused on the task at hoof, helping her friend in whatever way possible.

At the same time as Fluttershy and Luna were in Discord's mind, Twilight was back at her castle and trying to process what was going through her own troubled mind. "Celestia," Twilight asked as she. Spike and mentor all sat in the dining room. "Have there ever been times wherrewhere you wanted to punish somepony, but you couldn't?"

"Plenty of times, Twilight," Celestia declared while taking a bite of her dinner. "I had to uphold my duty as ruler of Equestria, and that meant dishing out punishment in a just and fair fashion," She paused and swallowed her meal. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, recently with Discord," Twilight corrected as Starlight entered the room with her dinner. "Have you thought about punishing him for what he did as Grogar? Like in the way of you want to do so, but you couldn't bring yourself to do it? Part of me wants to forgive him, and part of me wants to see him punished."

"Well you forgave me after everything I did. I imagine most ponies would've rather seen me punished." Starlight interjected, catching both Twilight and Celestia's attention.

"Because you were a troubled pony who needed proper direction," Twilight replied. "Discord is different: Despite his good intentions, he ended up causing me to have PTSD and end up in the hospital. And it wasn't the first time he's messed up like that either."

"What did Gentle Gust and Gentle Breeze think?" Celestia asked.

"They told me to put myself in Discord's shoes, feel what he was feeling. I tried to, but I don't know if I can." Twilight explained.

Both Celestia and Starlight exchanged concerned looks.

"Well, I can tell you, Twilight," said Celestia spoke up. "That Discord is truly sorry for what he did to you. It wasn't his intention at all, but I think that there is a side to you that says so otherwise. I should know, I was there when he repented. In fact, I ordered his arrest to teach him a lesson, make him see what he did to you."

Twilight sighed, taking in what Celestia had said. But, there was something else that also needed to be addressed.

"Actually," said Spike added, catching Twilight and everyone's attention. "You had it easy compared to me, Twilight. I too a'm struggling somewhat with what Discord did., because of something that nearly happened to me."

Right then and there, Twilight realized what Spike was telling her as she heard the sounds of Chrysalis in her mind.:

"ENOUGH, OR THE DRAGON'S WINGS GET PLUCKED!"

Both Starlight and Celestia were dumbstruck to hear what Spike had said.

"What do you mean?" Celestia asked Spike, much to the surprise of the two alicorns and one unicorn at the .

"Well, Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy threatened to pull my wings off," Spike confessed much to Starlight and Celestia's horror. "So, I guess and because Discord brought them back he must have kind of had something to do with that, I guess."

Shocked by this development, Celestia sat back in her chair while Starlight did the same thing.

"Why didn't you tell us this sooner, Spike?" Starlight asked. "We never knew."

"It…it was too much to think about," Spike answered in a panic stricken tone. "I mean…it didn't happen, so that's a good thing. But it could've!"

And Eeven Twilight didn't want to think about what Spike had gone through. In fact, it seemed that Discord was not through with his apologies.

Back in Discord's mind, Luna and Fluttershy went about going about through Discord's mind, traveled which was that it was the likeliness of Ponyville itself, but with nothing but chaos running around.

"Hey," said aA gruff voice called out. "Can you help me with something?"

Turning around, Fluttershy and Luna walked over to a bush that they saw rustling.

"Who are you?!" cried Luna cried, activating her horn in self defense. "Come out and identify yourself!"

"Says who?" tThe gruff voice asked again, ticking Luna off slightly only for Fluttershy to restrain her.

"Um, we just want to know who you are," Fluttershy asked replied in a timid gentle tone of voice. "We promise not to hurt you."

"Hurt me? I've already been hurt. I used to have wings, but not anymore." The gruff declared.

Fluttershy and Luna watched as a young, purple and green scaled dragon emerged from the bushes. Sharply gasping, they saw what appeared to be Spike but with large red circles where heis wings once were.

"Spike?!" cried Fluttershy cried while racing over to the wingless dragon. "What happened to you?!"

"How should I know? What do you mean? You saw the legion of doom pluck off my wings, Fluttershy.!" The wingless Spike snapped.

"But, they didn't pluck off your wings,!" cried Fluttershy cried. "We stood down when they threatened you.!"

"No you didn'tLiar!" cried tThe fake Spike cried, while brushing Fluttershy back. "It's like you didn't even care what happened to me.! Discord created the situation and he relished in it. !I mean, look at me, both of you!""

The fake Spike showed off his plucked wings to Fluttershy and Luna.

"He saw my wings getting plucked and is laughing about it now,!" continued thThe fake Spike continued. "He saw the whole thing!"

"But, that's impossible," cried Luna, protested while looking over to Fluttershy. "Discord helped us hold off the legion while you escaped. This Spike is You're nothing more than a figment of Discord's imagination."

Suddenly, the sky above turned gray as large (and heavy) snow fell upon Fluttershy and Luna as, while flying cloud like ponies flew overhead, letting out loud whinnies. At that moment, they saw a pair of ponies fighting against each other while they heard a loud ,laughing noise on one of the rooftops.

"Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing!" laughed the fake Discord laughed.

At that moment, Luna began to feel a summons an odd sensation in her body. There was something about this particular Discord that bothered Luna her.

"Luna, what is it?" Fluttershy asked.

"I sense something," Luna cried. "In fact, I think…. that iis is not the real Discord."

"You a're so right, Princess Luna,. But then, few would know that better than you," the fake Discord laughed, while suddenly turning himself into a creature of black mass, much to both Fluttershy and Luna's shock and disbelief.!

Both Fluttershy and Luna could only watch in disbelief at what they were witnessing before them.

"Impossible," Luna gasped in shock, realizing right away what was in front of them. "You're a tantabus!"

"Surprised?" laughed The tantabus questioned, randomly jumping out of a dark colored cake, with its frosting covering Fluttershy and Luna completely.

"Not really," said Luna retorted, while shaking off the cake frosting and charging her horn. "I've dealt with the likes of you already."

"Oh, Discord did tell me. Well, Discord found out about your little self-harming inflicted nightmares, Luna," the tantabus sneered while, looking down at his lion paw in amusement. "In fact, he was so ashamed of what he did to Princess Twilight, that he created me."

Right away, Fluttershy couldn't help but feel shocked and saddened by this news.!

" And I'm going to keep doing what I do best as long as Discord wants me to."

Suddenly, Then he fired a round of dark chaos magic at the two mares.

Acting in self-defense, Fluttershy flew towards the Tantabus only for it to disappear before she could lay a hoof on it.

"Peekaboo!" The Tantabus laughed, peeking out from behind the wall of a house, taunting .

Growling, Fluttershy flew at the Tantabus again, attempting to punch it but instead hitting the wall with her hoof. instead. "You're too slow!" The tantabus teased.

But before he could strike the distracted Fluttershy, the tantabus was hit by a blast of Luna's magic,. It briefly pained him.

"But,Well I'm not!" Luna shouted, her horn aimed right at the Tantabus. "Take this, thou you ungrateful whelp!"

Almost as if on cue, the tantabus snapped his lion paw and created a manifestation of Nightmare Moon to try and slow Luna down, but she wasn't backing down. However, the blast from Luna's horn protected the Tantabus..

"For a retired princess, you fight well," remarked The Ttantabus declared, while gesturing the Nightmare Moon illusion to strike Luna with her horn. "But, not good enough! And with each time Discord grows more feels guilty, the stronger my power becomes! You can't stop me!"

Realizing that what the Tantabus was saying was indeed true, both Fluttershy and Luna had to think of something fast. Discord's guilt was already incredibly overwhelming!

Back at the Castle of Friendship, Twilight, Starlight and Celestia each couldn't believe what was being heard from Spike.

"Is this true?" Celestia asked, her voice filled with shock. "Did they really try to pluck off your wings, Spike?"

"Yeah, but I try not to think about it," Spike replied, while looking away from everyone. "Still, I can't help but wonder…"

But the young dragon couldn't finish his sentence. The pain he felt from when Chrysalis had tugged at his wings was still there but on an emotional level..

"All I can say is that i: If Discord hadn't done what he did, then I wouldn't be having these feelings,." Spike finally concluded.

The more she listened, the more Twilight was beginning to get an idea of why she continued to have trouble with forgiving Discord for what he did.

"This is…this is why I struggle with fully forgiving Discord, Celestia," sighed Twilight sighed, walking over to Spike's seat and draping a wing over him. "Because I a'm not the only one who was greatly affected by what he did."

"Do you think that maybe we should take you to Gentle Gust and Gentle Breeze too, Spike?" asked Celestia asked the little dragon. "I think it might do you some good."

But Spike nodded that he didn't want to.

"I think we've all been through enough to last us a lifetime, I'd rather not add to their plate," Spike replied, getting up and walking to the door. "Maybe after a good night's sleep, my mind will change for the better."

Watching the young dragon leave, Twilight, Starlight and Celestia were left wondering what to do next."

Back in Discord's mind, Luna and Fluttershy continued to do battle with the Tantabus. The two mares realized that there was only one thing that could be was a losing battle, the tantabus was simply too strong.

"We can't keep fighting him like this, Luna!" Fluttershy cried as they took cover behind a pie stand. "Can't we at least turn him to stone?"

"If we could at least slow him down, I might try to get in a good shot," replied Luna replied as a watermelon struck the top of her horn. "But, I need you to distract him."

Nodding in reply, Fluttershy got out from behind her hiding place and taking a rock, threw it at the tantabus, hitting him in the side.

"Oh, Fluttershy," The Tantabus laughed, seemingly brushing off the blow. "Did my host teach you to instill violence? If he did, good for him.. Now, let me show you how it's done!"

Snapping his lion paw once more, the Tantabus produced a series of sharp ended carrots, and aimed them right at Fluttershy.

"Ready…aim…FIRE!" thundered the Tantabus bellowed, ordering the carrots to fly towards Fluttershy!

But before the carrots could hit her Fluttershy, Luna acted fast by producing a shield, protecting to surround Fluttershy from the carrots. This distracted the Tantabus long enough for Luna to aim her horn and fire a blast at the Tantabus, striking him right in the chest!

Loudly yelling in pain, the Tantabus suddenly began to feel himself stiffen and before he knew it, he had been turned to stone.

"Are you all right?" Luna asked, helping Fluttershy to her hooves.

"Yes, thanks to you," whispered . "Did we stop him?"

Cautiously, Luna advanced towards the Tantabus' frozen form. The tantabus was in the form of Discord when he had been turned to stone by Twilight and her friends.

"It seems we did, Fluttershy," Luna sighed. "Discord…created a tantabus to punish himself."

Immediately, Fluttershy became concerned. Right then and there, she knew that her best non-pony friend was harming himself.

"For what reason?" Fluttershy cried. "Why would he do that?"

"Guilt, remorse for what he did to Twilight Sparkle, I suppose," Luna remarked. "We need to get out of here and confront Discord about this."

"Good," grunted the Fake and wingless Spike remarked, . He'd had been watching from a distance and now had a scowl on his face. "Get out of here! I don't need you anyway!"

Ignoring the bad attitude he was producing, Luna teleported herself, Fluttershy and the frozen Tantabus out of Discord's mind.

As he opened his eyes, Discord found himself face to face with Fluttershy and Luna looking over at him with looks of disappointment on their faces. Suddenly, And when he suddenly saw the frozen Ttantabus behind him and, right then and there, his secret was exposed.

"So, you've...you've found out the truth, haven't you?" Discord remarked. "You discovered what I had created."

Both Fluttershy and Luna stood in silence for a moment, then Fluttershy flew over to Discord.

"Why, Discord?" Fluttershy asked, looking at him right in the face. "Why would you do that, creating a creature like the Tantabus to punish yourself? Was this all because of your guilt towards Twilight?"

Discord looked turned away from Fluttershy, but Fluttershy refused to let him do so.

"Look at me!" sShe cried in a stern voice. "I'm asking you a question, Discord!"

"First of all, you asked me three different questions," Discord explained, slightly raising his voice at Fluttershy. "And second of all…, it's because I can't live with the thought that I had put Twilight in the hospital. How was I supposed to know she had was going to suffer a mental breakdown? It wasn't in the script!"

Producing a script book, Discord showed a script copy of his intentions to Fluttershy and Luna.

"All this was scripted?" wondered Luna remarked with narrowed eyebrows.

"Yes, it was! The script said that Twilight would face down her biggest enemies at her coronation ceremony and triumph in the end with her friends by her side!" Discord continued, throwing the script behind him and slightly lowering his voice. "But, looking back now, I realize fully how big of a mistake I made. Clearly I overestimated my ability to control those villains, just as I underestimated how dangerous they'd become if they worked together. Could I have done things differently? Well, maybe I could have waited until after the Coronation Ceremony, but…"

He hesitated. However, Discord couldn't finish his sentence.

"But I can't turn back time now, can I?" he asked. "I failed as a teacher and mentor and I failed as a friend. I do care about Twilight and I care about you all. I just…wasn't thinking clearly."

Walking over to the frozen Tantabus, Discord touched the creature with his eagle claw and lowered his head in shame.

"You were right to arrest me, Luna," Discord sighed, his eyes locked on the frozen Tantabus creation of his. "But, part of me wishes that you should have punished me further. You could have executed me, turned me to stone along with the others. But, you didn't and Celestia didn't either. So, I had to do it…to myself."

Fluttershy could only produce shock and horror on her face upon hearing what Discord had said.

"Discord…" the timid Pegasus She cried, throwing herself onto him. "Oh, Discord…"

As Fluttershy cried quietly, Luna walked over to Discord, her eyes locked onto him like a target. She could sense the anger and the frustration in Discord's mind, and it wasn't just because of the chaos. He'd been self-inflicting harm upon himself.

"There are other ways of coping with your issues," sighed Luna sighed. "You will have to find that out for yourself. But creating a tantabus isn't the answer anymore than it was when I did it. It seems we truly are more like than we may realize. What I said the last time I visited your dreams was correct. You're lucky Fluttershy was so concerned for you, or things could've ended even worse than they did for me with my tantabus."

Those words left Discord rattled and his eyes kept remained locked onto Luna as she left him and Fluttershy alone.

When Luna returned to her teaching duties the next day, Luna could only think of how Discord could do such a thing to all of them. In fact, she couldn't help but put herself in Discord's shoes.

"I'm sure some of you are wondering why I haven't been myself today," She said to her class as she rose from her desk. "I was confronted… by... a creature who created a Tantabus to punish himself, even though this creature has a mind that was already chaotic enough. And if you are guessing that it is Discord, you are if you guessed that it was Discord who did it, you're right."

"Kind of like what happened to you, Professor Luna?" asked Luster Dawn asked.

"Yes, Luster Dawn," answered Luna answered, leaning back against her desk. "But, in my case… I was helped by six wonderful ponies. He… only has one true friend that is there for him, and that is why Professor Fluttershy is absent today. When you leave here today, I want you all to think and pray about for Discord during his moment of crisis, and wish that he recovers quickly. That is your assignment for tonight."

As the bell rang, the students departed and Luna was left alone, wondering how much more of an impact the Legion of Doom's attack on Equestria had had on others. Who knows how many others still had repressed trauma from the assault?

END OF EPISODE