• Published 26th Oct 2019
  • 11,792 Views, 319 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 10 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 10 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

  • ...
16
 319
 11,792

Episode 27: "Save the Royals, Part 1"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: While Celestia and Luna join the Pillars in rescuing their parents from Grimlord's Dark Fortress, Twilight and her friends deal with a gang of rogue Changelings loyal to Chrysalis when they take the Changeling Kingdom hostage.
Cast:
Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle
Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash
Andrea Libman as Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie
Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity/Luna
Cathy Wesluck as Spike
Kelly Sherdian as Changeling Guard #1
Nicole Oliver as Celestia/Changeling Guard #3
Chris Britton as Starswirl the Bearded
Elley Ray Hennessey as Mistmane
Matt Corwick as Rockhoof
Glies Panton as Flash Magnus
Murray Peteers as Somnambula
Marilee Deverux as Mage Meadowbrook
Kevin Spacey as Hopper/Grimlord
Richard Kind as Molt
Kyle Rideout as Thorax/Ocellus' Dad
Bill Newton as Pharynx/Changeling Guard #2
Devyn Dalton as Ocellus/Green Changeling
Patrick Stewart as King Vorak
Robby Benson as Scorpan
Emily Blunt as Fizzlepop "Tempest Shadow" Berrytwist
TJ Storm as Doom Master
Kristin Norton as Despera

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 10, Episode 27
"Save the Royals, Part 1"
By Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)
Edited By SuperPinkBrony12



It had been some time since the Changeling Kingdom had been lost to Chrysalis. Perhaps no creature suffered more than a group of changelings that remained devoutly loyal to her. There were thriteen in all and they all had one goal: To restore Chrysalis to her proper throne. However, they had been on the run for some time and were now seeking shelter. And as the rains fell down hard on their spot, they eventually found their salvation, in a lair in the shape of a ram's head.

"What is this place, Hopper?" One of the rogue Changeling's asked the leader, a medium sized changeling with large legs. "It doesn't look like a changeling hive to us."

The lead changeling looked up and gestured the remaining changelings to follow him inside. Flying into the lair they all scoured around, keeping an eye out for any sudden surprises that might come out.

"Look, Hopper," Another changeling nervously declared, looking over at the lead changeling as he walked down one of the two large staircases. "Something tells me we shouldn't be here right now. I mean, how are we going to feed off love from a dump like this?"

The lead changeling then proceeded over to a round crystal ball, touching it with his leg.

"Hello, Hopper?! Equestria to Hopper! Come in!"

Irritated, the leader turned sharply to the obese changeling.

"I'm… shutting up." The other changeling nervously and meekly answered.

"We'll stay here for the night," Hopper announced, turning to face his small band. "Then we'll decide where to go next in the morning."

"Got it, boss." Another of the rogue changelings replied, as they prepared to settle in and leaving only the obese changeling in Hopper's presence.

Sighing heavily, Hopper sat down and carefully studied the crystal ball for a few moments before turning back up to face the obese changeling.

"What are you looking at, Molt?" He sternly inquired.

"Um, I was just thinking…" Molt started to say, but Hopper interrupted him quickly.

"Don't think!" Hopper snapped. "That's all you ever do is think! Think and be annoying!"

Sighing deeply again, he turned his attention back to the crystal ball.

"Come on, can't you just hear me out?" Molt asked. "Look, it's been some time since Thorax corrupted our fellow changelings into believing friendship. Why don't we just accept the fact that our queen is never coming back to her throne?"

"No!" Hopper hissed, his attention still locked on the Crystal Ball. "No. I refuse to accept that. For too long we've been on the run, biding our time and waiting for the perfect opportunity to retake what's ours…and bring our beloved queen back to her throne!"

Just then, the crystal ball activated showing the moment when Celestia, Luna and Discord turned the Legion of Doom, including Chrysalis, to stone.

"Look, you idiot. Don't you see?" Hopper insisted. "Our queen is alive and is being held prisoner in Canterlot! From what I'm hearing, you're making it sound like she's dead."

"That's because she might be?" Molt guessed, shrugging his shoulders much to Hopper's irritation.

"Being turned to stone doesn't kill any creature, not directly anyway," Hopper growled. "All we have to do is use our leverage, and force the princesses and Discord to free our queen from her stone prison."

There was no question on who Hopper wanted to use for leverage.

"And there's no better way to do that," He continued, producing a sinister smile. "Than to return home…where we belong."

At that moment, the crystal Ball showed the reformed changeling hive, which would soon be taken over by evil once again.


On the road to Canterlot, a caravan led by a centaur king and his gargoyle son neared their destination. Much like the changelings, they too sought the custody of one of the Legion of Doom's imprisoned members.

"Dad, can't you please reconsider what you want to do?" Scorpan pleaded. "Putting Tirek on trial, it just won't work. There has to be a better way."

"Scorpan, if I've told you once, I've told you a dozen times. The answer is no," The centaur coldly retorted. "I will see to it that your brother pays for what he's done to the ponies of Equestira! Failing to do so means the ponies will continue to look at us with contempt and scorn. As king, I cannot allow that! Our species deserves better."

For Scorpan, it seemed like that there was no getting through to his father. "What you wish to do will only cause more harm than good," He sighed. "Can't you see that? Please, let me deal with my brother."

"Not another word, Scorpan," King Vorak dismissed the notion. "My mind has already been made up. We're nearing Canterlot at last. When we arrive, I will do the talking while you remain silent. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Father." Scorpan reluctantly sighed.

"I'm just fortunate that your mother isn't alive to see this," King Vorak remarked. "It would've killed her to see one of our own fall from grace so hard."

Scorpan merely looked down at the road with only his thoughts for company. He didn't want his father to do what he intended to do, but he was only a prince after all. Vorak was the king and what he said went. It seemed there was no hope to change his father's mind, even if he wished that were possible.

On her throne in Canterlot, Twilight Sparkle went about her business of doing paperwork and governing her kingdom as usual. She had already been notified of Vorak's arrival and was mentally preparing herself for the arrival of Tirek's father.

However, Twilight had her reservations about the request Vorak said he wanted to make of her.

"I don't get it," Twilight said to her royal advisor and number one assistant. "Why would somepony want a creature as dangerous as Tirek to be released from stone? I mean, we both understand what he is capable of. Not to mention of all he's done to us. He's already been punished accordingly, what good will releasing him into Vorak's custody do?"

"Twilight, this is King Vorak we're talking about here," replied Spike, flying in front of Twilight's throne. "Tirek's father. I mean, you read the scroll."

"But surely, Vorak must know that his son is too dangerous to be turned back to normal," Twilight retorted, before sighing deeply. "Guess this is one of the downfalls of being supreme ruler, I suppose. You got to do things you don't want to do."

"Yeah. Not to mention that the others have mixed feelings," Spike sighed. "I mean, think about it, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity all want Tirek to remain as he is. Pinkie Pie is the only one who opposes it because she just wants to torment Tirek like she did in Tartarus, remember? Between you and me, I think she liked it more than she lets on."

Putting the paperwork aside, Twilight and Spike heard the sound of the doors opening and in stepped the rest of Twilight's co-princesses wearing the crowns and royal accessories.

"Hey girs," Twilight commented as she got off her throne. "They haven't arrived yet?"

"It figures," Applejack replied. "I get that Tirek's family comes from a distant land…but, how long did you say they would be traveling for?"

"I hear it's a really…long…way…" Pinkie Pie answered. "After all, this King Vorak dude doesn't just teleport in a flash like Discord does."

"And neither does Scorpan," Twilight addded. "I can only imagine the feelings going on between the two of them. You've got one that wants Tirek to be tried, convicted and execute and you have the other that doesn't want any violent justice to be carried out. I've read about what Tirek's homeland does to its criminals. It would be measures that not even Celestia and Luna would use."

"Speaking of Celestia and Luna," Fluttershy uncertainly spoke up. "Didn't you say they were coming here to help guide us through the process?"

Twilight then turned to Spike who, as if on cue, belched out a scroll from Ponyville. Taking the scroll, Twilight read it aloud for her friends to hear:

My dearest Twilight,
Although Luna and I would like to be there with you for Vorak's visit, we must unfortunately decline. Starswirl and the pillars think that they've found a way to free our parents from their prison. This might be our best chance to finally bring them home after over a thousand years of separation!

Please keep us in your hearts as we undertake this great quest. With any luck, our family will soon be reunited!
Sincerely yours,
Celestia.

Her eyes widening, Twilight struggled to not throw herself into a sudden panic attack for a brief moment! But using the breathing technique Cadence had taught her years ago, Twilight kept her composure.

"Their parents?!" Applejack gasped, suddenly thinking back to the Festival of the Two Sisters. "Wait a gosh darn minute! Didn't Celestia and Luna make a gesture toward the sky at the Festival not too long ago?"

"Yes, Applejack, I saw it," Twilight reluctantly commented. "From what I've heard, their parents are being held prisoner on the far side of moon…or so it appears to be. Either way, they would want us not to worry about that. They'd want us to do what we have to do, and that is negotiate with King Vorak. So I guess we should start."

Meanwhile at the Castle of Friendship, Celestia and Luna were in the throne room and were being fitted into something that they thought that they would never wear ever again now that they were retired, their respective battle armors.

"This might be our one and only chance to save Mom and Dad, Luna," Celestia declared as she and Luna stood in front of two large mirrors. "To bring them home again!" Then she asked. "Do you feel... nervous at all?"

"Very nervous, Celestia," Luna softly replied. "Part of me feels like we should at least see Twilight one last time before we leave with Starswirl and the rest of the pillars."

"I sent them a scroll to keep them informed, Luna," Celestia advised as one of the castle servants passed her battle helmet to her. "It's like Starswirl said, time is of the essence. We must act quickly if we hope to succeed!"

Just then, the two sisters saw Starswirl make his way into the throne room with the rest of the pillars. "Indeed, Celestia," The Pillar of Sorcery somberly declared. "I see you and your sister are already wearing your respective battle armors again. Never did I dream a day would come when I have to see you two dawn them again, especially in retirement."

Stepping away from the mirrors, Celestia and Luna walked over to the pillars as the servants left the throne room. With the servants gone, all gathered around the friendship map as Starswirl activated it with his magic.

"According to our latest information," Starswirl explained. "The next exchanging of the prisoner between Grogar and Grimlord will take place in four hours time. We must act just as the king and queen are being transferred to their new cells. That is when they'll be most vulnerable."

Starswirl then turned his attention over to Flash Magnus and Rockhoof. "Flash, I want you and Rockhoof to go undercover as Grimlord's skugs, and receive the King and Queen just as they arrive. You are to seem like you're leading them to their cells when in reality you are not. But you must ensure none on the ship suspects it. Is that clear?"

"Aye, Starswirl," Rockhoof declared, his tone of voice indicating he was somewhat unsure about the plan. "But how will we do it? None of us have any idea what it's like to be on that strange ship…it's not on or in Equestria. It's nowhere we've ever been before."

"We have ways of making the skugs think you're one of them," Starswirl replied as he activated a hologram of two otherwordly figures: One dressed in black with a gold head and the other dressed in blue with a white beard and a bronze head. "If it helps, Grimlord has two kinds of skugs, the normal skug and the ultra skug. We could make one of you a normal skug and the other an ultra skug. They are supervised by two robotic generals named Colonel Icebot and General Ivar. And I need you to neutralize them both. We can't risk either of them alerting Grimlord or Grogar."

With Flash Magnus and Rockhoof accepting their assignments, Starswirl then turned his attention over to the three female pillars. "Mistmane, Mage Meadowbrook and Somnambula," He spoke up. "I need you to focus your attention on a small group of warriors that are also at Grimlord's disposal."

Once again activating the map, Starswirl proceeded to produce five holograms of five female humanoid warriors dressed in various warrior costumes. "These are the Vixens, highly skilled martial artists that served under one of Grimlord's field commanders named Doom Master. As long as they're active our chances of victory are slim. They must be defeated."

"Perhaps I can come up with some kind of potion to weaken 'em," Mage Meadowbrook suggested. "Of course, it's against my character to knowingly inflict poison on anyone."

"This is an exception, my dear mage," Mistmane remarked, placing her hoof on Meadowbrook's. "We're trying to free Equestria's monarchs, after all. Desperate times call for desperate measures. And it's not like you'll be unleashing anything permanent. We just need their forces subdued long enough to rescue the prisoners."

"If you are to make a poison of any kind, Mage Meadowbrook," Starswirl added. "You must work quickly. And have potions ready to counter any sort of spells or ailments we might encounter during or immediately following our rescue."

"And I have some experience with the martial arts," Somnambula spoke up in an unusually serious tone. "I'm not a fighter, but I'm also not afraid to use my unique skills if necessary. They shan't forget me in a hurry, I'll personally see to that."

Finally, Starswirl turned his attention to Celestia and Luna. The leader of the pillars couldn't help but feel like he was all but sending the two sisters to their deaths.

"Celestia and Luna," He sighed deeply, stroking his beard several times in deep thought. "While the rest of us deal with our assignments, the three of us…will have to do the one task that ensures that Grimlord will never harm your parents again."

"You mean… we must face Grimlord…alone?" Celestia guessed as she noticeably gulped.

"Not alone," Starswirl protested with a shake of his head, once again activating the map and producing a hologram of Despera and Doom Master. "Grimlord will have two of his minions at his disposal: Despera, a servant of Grimlord's creation, and Doom Master, commander of the virtual special forces platoon. To this end, I shall accompany the both of you on this task. Our powers combined may be enough to stop them."

However, Celestia and Luna both had second thoughts on the matter.

"S-Starswirl, w-we…" Luna stammered. "It's too dangerous…i-if you help us…"

Sensing the fear in his two pupils, Starswirl immediately looked into their eyes.

"Listen to me, both of you," He firmly declared. "I have always taught you two that sometimes we have to make sacrifices in life. But no matter what happens in the fight ahead, remember that we will always have one another. We must stand united, and no matter the odds we must fight to the end!"

Without saying anything, Celestia and Luna both nodded. What Starswirl had said indeed rang true.

"Very well then," Starswirl declared as he got up. "Go, and may the spirit of friendship be with you all!" Activating his horn, Starswirl chanted an old ponish spell. In a flash of light, Celestia, Luna and the Pillars of Old Equestria all disappeared from the throne room!

Back in Canterlot, King Vorak and Scorpan approached the gates of Canterlot Castle as the guards on duty lowered the drawbridge, allowing them all to pass.

"Canterlot sure has changed a lot since I was here last," Vorak thought to himself. "These ponies have suffered enough from Tirek's actions, and now he will suffer the consequences."

Entering the city, the two were met with stares from the inhabitants, all of whom were seemly suspicious.

"Just ignore them," Vorak commanded to his entourage. "Let us focus on what needs to be done."

Scorpan could see that some of the ponies were nervous at he and his father being in Canterlot. Looking behind him, he could also see the cage that they had with them, reserved for Tirek and Tirek alone.

Finally, the two approached the doors to the castle's entrance. Tempest Shadow stood at attention as they arrived. "King Vorak," The broken horned unicorn declared, saluting him as Twilight had instructed her to earlier. "Princess Twilight and the other princesses are expecting you."

"Very well then," King Vorak replied, turning around to face his entourage. "Stay here while Scorpan and I negotiate for custody of the prisoner. Any who disobey shall answer to me!"

The entourage of Centaurs and Gargoyles heeded their leader's command as Tempest led them into the castle.

Approaching the doors leading to the throne room, Scorpan gulped in nervous anticipation of what was about to happen. He was about to see his brother again in the form of a statue.

Opening the doors, Tempest entered as Twilight and the others stood at attention. "Their highnesses, King Vorak and Prince Scorpan!" Tempest announced, standing aside to let them pass.

All Scorpan could do was look up at Twilight and her fellow princesses, for this was the first time he was meeting them up close and personal.

"Princess Twilight," King Vorak greeted, bowing to her. "I have come seeking a request of you and your fellow princesses. A request I'm sure you're already well aware of."

"Yes, I know why you and Prince Scorpan are both here," Twilight replied, motioning for them to rise to their feet. "You wish…for Tirek's statue. And why do you wish to seek custody of it?"

"You know why, princess! Because I wish to try him in our homeland for his crimes against us, and you," Vorak calmly yet sternly explained. "It would be an injustice if Tirek wasn't given a trial."

"Naturally, my fellow princesses and I all agree that Tirek should be tried for his actions," Twilight replied as all gathered around her. "However, before we can grant you your request, there's something that I must ask of you."

Vorak was bewildered by the statement Twilight had made but was willing to hear her out. Scorpan wanted to speak, but still had to abide by his father's orders.

"To be honest, King Vorak," Applejack spoke up, trying to use her element to the best of her ability. "We were all wonderin' if what you're really seekin' is justice…or revenge?"

"What are you asking of me?! Do you realize what you're accusing me of?!" Vorak asked with a glare. "My elder son caused you all harm and must be dealt with. What I wish to do is to take him away from you and make sure he never returns! Surely you would not object to that."

"That's just it," Rainbow Dash replied, walking up to Vorak. "All of us believe that if we give you Tirek… you'll just rip him apart. Look, you're probably wondering if we're all crazy to think that…"

"-I can assure you all that Tirek will be dealt with fairly," Vorak interrupted. "But he needs to be severely punished for his actions. All I ask is that you free him from his stone form and give him to me. You've held him for long enough. And if you won't do anything with him now that he's been turned to stone, I will!"

Scorpan took another gulp at what his father had just said. In his mind, what Vorak was offering was something that went against everything that Equestria's monarchy had established.

As events were unfolding in Canterlot, at the changeling hive the reformed changelings went about another day of living their lives. Little did they suspect that thirteeen of their own were on their way, poised to disrupt life in the hive all together. From up on the high levels of the hive, the changeling guard was looking out in the distance for any signs of trouble. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

But suddenly a changeling guardsman saw a series of dots out in the distance that alarmed him!

"Hey, do you see that?!" He asked another changeling guard, looking through some binoculars.

"See what, Grubhub?" The other guard grumbled.

"Those dots! They seem to be coming at a fast pace, and I don't think they're our own," The lead guard commented. "Who are they?!"

None of the guards could make out what was happening but they all had their suspicions. Unfortunately, the more they stood around, the faster the dots got. And thus drawing closer to the hive.

"I don't think they're stopping!" Another guard realized. "What should we do?"

"Notify Thorax at once!" The lead guard ordered. "We've got a situation here!"

But it was too late! Like a streak of lightning, Hopper and the rogue changelings approached the guards and attacked them! Their screams were heard throughout the hive as various changelings realized something was wrong!

"What's that?!" A green changeling asked! "What's happening?!"

Suddenly, four of the rogue changelings approached a large group of reformed changelings! The rouges transforming into various creatures such as Malworths, roaring and forcing the reformed changelings to come together! With each reformed Changeling that tried to escape, the more that they were herded!

Hearing what was going on from his throne, Thorax went to investigate! What he saw shook him to his very core!

"What in the wide world of Equestria?!" He cried in dismay as he saw his subjects being rounded up! Acting fast, Thorax transformed into a dragon and tried to stop the onslaught! But all of a sudden, a series of ropes were thrown around him and he was quickly subdued, unable to transform.

Although he tried to fight off the invaders, Pharynx was subdued quickly as well. The two brothers were then forced back into the throne room along with the rest of the hive by the rogue changelings.

"No one move!" Molt laughed, taunting the frightened changelings who were screaming in terror.

Suddenly, a loud roar was heard, causing the frightened changelings to fall silent. Looking towards the entrance to the throne room, they saw Hopper throw the body of a changeling guard to the floor!

"Hopper!" A reformed changeling cried as Hopper walked towards the group of hostages with slow steps.

"So, where is she?" Hopper asked in a low voice, which suddenly rose. "Where's my QUEEN?!" The echoes of his demands were enough to be heard throughout the throne room.

"Isn't she in…?" Thorax nervously whispered to his brother.

"What?!" Hopper demanded, walking over to Thorax. "SPEAK! I will not be ignored!"

"Isn't she in Canterlot?" Thorax gulped as he cracked under the pressure.

Hopper didn't buy it.

"Are you saying I'm stupid, Thorax?!" He exasperately inquired.
"No." Thorax weakly answered.

"Do I look stupid to you?" Hopper asked again. "Let's just think about the logic, shall we? If she was there in Canterlot, would I be coming down here to your level…looking for her?!" Hopper then looked intently at Thorax, checking him over briefly. "I should have known," He bitterly remarked. "You probably trapped her as a favor to Celestia, is that it?"

"Chrysalis was turned to stone and is now in Canterlot! Thorax had nothing to do with it!" Pharynx protested, trying to stick up for his brother.

"Oh, I see. So it was a bounty," Hopper mockingly remarked. "Aiding the ponies. So it's your fault our queen is gone! It wasn't enough to aid those do gooder ponies and overthrow our leader, you had to let the ponies have their way with her! No wonder this hive's a mess."

Turning away from Thorax, Hopper focused towards the large crowd. "Well, we're going to rectify that," He declared, reaching into his saddlebag and pulling out a scroll.

"What I have here is a list of demands for the ponies of Equestria to abide by. If they comply, you shall be spared any severe punishment. And if they don't, well…" He paused and cackled. "You know what will happen."

Looking around, Hopper attempted to find the perfect changeling to deliver his demands. Finally, he spotted a small olive green colored one, shaking with fear. He pulled her out from the crowd, away from her frightened family!

"Mom! Dad!" Ocellus cried out in vain!

"Don't worry, little one," Hopper mockingly declared while looking at her. "You'll get to see them again if your pony friends comply with my demands. I'll tell you what, why don't you stay in Canterlot until our demands are met? I won't take no for answer. Cooperate, and I won't harm you."

Ocellus didn't want to leave her family. But Hopper insisted she leave at once. So it was that with tears in her eyes, a reluctant Ocellus left for Canterlot, leaving her frightened family behind.

"You won't get away with this!" Ocellus' father cried out, catching Hopper's attention.

Hopper mockingly laughed and looked over at the changeling. "Your little age of reformation is over, and the second coming of Chrysalis will soon begin! And there's nothing any of you can do to stop it!"



Meanwhile, in the depths of outer space, Celestia, Luna and the pillars (now in the form of various lights) saw the Dark Fortress nearing the moon as they heard a loud voice cry out from below.

"Forces of Darkness, empower me! Take me back to my virtual reality!"

"What was that?!" Luna cried!

"That's the sound of Grimlord going to the Dark Fortress," Starswirl replied as they all saw a sickly green light shine towards the strange ship.

"All right, they're preparing to make the transition at any moment. Flash Magnus, Rockhoof, you know your assignments?"

Nodding in reply, Starswirl casted the two of them to take their positions on the loading dock of the ship.

With Flash and Rockhoof in position, Starswirl turned his attention back to Mistmane, Mage Meadowbrook and Somnambula.

"Good luck, and be sure you dispose of all the vixens." He commanded, casting another spell that sent the three female pillars into the Dark Fortress proper.

"Looks like we're on our own now," Luna declared as her hoof touched Celestia's. "Let's bring Mother and Father home…where they belong."

Nodding in reply, Celestia accepted what she and her sister were about to face.

Activating yet another transporting spell, Starswirl transported himself and the sisters into the Dark Fortress. Soon, the three found themselves outside of Grimlord's throne room, remaining invisible from sight thanks to a cloak that was covering them.

"What are they doing now?" Celestia asked in a whisper.

"Grimlord is giving his minions their instructions," Starswirl whispered back. "Once they're dispersed, we shall start making our moves."

From inside the cloak, Starswirl showed the two sisters a rather strange device. It was an alarm clock, but not just any alarm clock!

"What is that, Starswirl?!" Luna nearly gasped in shock!

"Like I said, Grimlord and his minions must be defeated once and for all," Starswirl answered. "To this end, I have comprised a device capable of destroying them and everything else that represents them."

"It's a…bomb!" Celestia cried in a hushed voice!

"Yes, it's a bomb. A bomb capable of destroying this ship and everything aboard it," Starswirl confirmed. "You must trust me on this. If we destroy this ship, Grogar will have one less ally to aid him. Once we've rescued your parents and crippled Grimlord's forces, we must ensure Grimlord himself doesn't escape! No matter the cost, he must be stopped!"

The sisters wanted to reply, but couldn't find the words to do so. Nevertheless, the players were in position on the Dark Fortress and now, they had to play out the game.

Back in Canterlot, King Vorak was continuing to negotiate with Twilight and her fellow princesses for custody of Tirek.

"Look, King Vorak," Twilight sighed deeply. "We all want to honor your request, but our main concern is whether this trial you want to give Tirek is meant to be a fair one. What we all want is your promise that Tirek will be tried fairly. If you abide by this promise, then we shall give you Tirek's statue. But if not, he'll remain with us."

King Vorak realized that he needed to play out the game that Twilight was telling him to play. If he was going to get what he wanted, he needed to give Twilight what she wanted.

"What do you believe, Scorpan?" King Vorak asked, turning to his gargoyle son. "Do you agree with this proposal?"

"Tell us, darling. We're all ears," Rarity spoke up. "You and Tirek originally came here long ago to conquer this land. And it was you who had a change of heart when your brother did not. Do you accept our terms?"

"I…I…" Scorpan struggled to say but couldn't find the answer to it.

But suddenly, all heard the sounds of screaming from outside the throne room! A frantic Twilight raced to the door to answer it!

"What's goin' on?!" Applejack asked. "What in the hay could it possibly be now?!"

"I don't know, there aren't supposed to be other visitors. Something must be up!" Spike answered as the doors opened to reveal Tempest on the other side and next to her was a crying and frightened Ocellus!

"Ocellus!" Twilight gasped, pulling the young changeling towards her! "Are you all right?! Why are you here?!"

"Oh, Twilight!" Ocellus frantically cried out! "The changelings…taken…prisoner!"

"What are you talking about?!" Twilight asked, trying to understand the situation as her friends raced to the unfolding scene.

"Rogue…changelings…" Ocellus tried to say, but her sobs prevented her from speaking properly.

Tempest then reached down and picked up the scroll that Ocellus was carrying. "She was carrying this." She informed te princesses as Spike took the scroll and unfurled it, reading it over and feeling his heart sink.

"Twilight…the Changeling Kingdom has been…seized!" Spike said in fear. "Everycreature is being held hostage!"

Right away, Twilight realized that she and her friends were about to be put in a very complex situation! One that greatly surpassed their current one with King Vorak and Scorpan.

….

….