• Published 26th Aug 2019
  • 631 Views, 37 Comments

Stroke of Luck - Gboyd



One fight among siblings could begin new life and forge a friendship unlike any other, or destroy the world. Time for that flower to bloom. Let's wait and see, shall we?

  • ...
3
 37
 631

Prologue: Origins

The bright baby blue crystal that was their mother shattered, along with a scream of rage. The red jewel visibly flashed as it was flung at eye-blinding speeds at the stone wall. Other bright flashes seemed to respond as other jewels flew by it.The jewel screeched to a stop, inches away from the wall; whipping around to confront the attacker just in time to see a diamond butterfly drop to the earth and break into a million pieces. The red jewel flashed again, this time leaving a glow so bright it was blinding. When vision returned, a young man stood there. He was wavering, disoriented, a little see-through, but that didn't stop him from bending to pick up the tiny pieces of what once had been the Element of Kindness. He looked up, golden eyes narrowing dangerously as bolt after bolt of powerful magic hit the tree, obliterating it.

A bright sapphire rushed forward and cast a quick shield over what remained of the tree. The shield was then promptly smashed as another angry bolt hit it. The young man froze, feeling powerful magic behind him. He squeezed his eyes shut, clutching the pieces to his chest. Honesty had had it.

"MAGIC! ENOUGH!" a deep, masculine voice roared. All activity stopped, and the little six-pointed star hovering above the mutilated crystal tree shivered slightly, before plunging down into the young man's already outstretched hand. Once it landed, it ceased to glow, and silence permeated the cavern. The young man merely sat there, tears running down his face at the damage his sister had done. Red-hot fury suddenly rushed through him, and he turned and flung the amethyst six-sided star out of the cave as hard as he could with an enraged cry.

Four more blinding flashes, those of orange, yellow, blue, and green lit up the cave. The young man collapsed, sobbing.

A young woman ran forward and dropped to her knees at the tree's remains. She raised delicate fingers to her mouth. A smooth voice, falling and rising like the ocean escaped her. "Magic..." she breathed. "How.... how could you?" Rage filled her veins and she screamed. Her voice bounced off the cave walls and shot out of the cave. A hand landed on her shoulder, and she glanced up. Turquoise eyes glistened down at her, and she buried her face in her other brother's chest, sobbing uncontrollably.

The first young man gritted his teeth and slammed his fist into the stone, ignoring the fire racing through his body in response to his actions. A strong arm slipped underneath him and lifted him to his feet. Honesty's piercing blue eyes were filled with sadness. He gazed at the crystalline remains and released a sigh, an arm tightly wrapped around his little brother.

"It is done," he said. No one responded. Heads turned and watched another young woman gingerly tip-toe towards the broken tree. She bent down, once poofy hair now flat and straight as paper. She whispered some words, and gathered six of the biggest pieces she could find. She cradled them and gently handed them off to her siblings. She looked each in the eye.

"Mother's not passed. In our hearts, and those of the ones we know, she always lives on." No one responded and there was a moment of silence as the Elements of Harmony gazed at their mother. Laughter took a few steps and looped her arm though Generosity's.

Together, as one, the siblings turned around slowly walked out of the cave. Honesty separated himself from the others and slammed his hand into the ground. The earth shook, releasing towers of dirt in the air. Blue energy surrounded the mounds and lifted them to cover the cave's mouth, hiding their former home from view. Kindness darted forward and placed one finger on the pile. He hummed a soft melody. The land shook, shifted, and changed, replacing valleys with mountains and prairies with trees. Animals raced towards the spot, digging homes and making nests. Kindness placed both hands on the mound, and plants obeyed their master's bidding. Thorns viciously shot out of the dirt, tangling and curling and growing more and more outwards, making it impossible for any creature to make it through. As the plants grew, the siblings backed up.

A bright glow gently, almost hesitantly, shown through the newly-created brambles. Loyalty stepped forward, reached through the sharp thorns, and wrapped his fingers around the six-pointed jewel. Without a word, he gingerly slipped the shaking jewel underneath his shirt, where he could feel her press against his chest. He walked back towards the others.

"Now what?" Generosity asked dully.

"What else?" Kindness responded. "Let's go find our bearers." He stepped forward, with one last glance at their former home. The others silently agreed and began the arduous journey to find the ones their mother had betrayed.

Loyalty paused, turned, and gazed at the mound. "I'm sorry, Mother," he whispered. He turned, and ran to catch up with his siblings. Magic was still shivering beneath his clothing. If he had ever heard Magic's voice before, he could almost say she was crying.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed!