• Published 8th Jul 2019
  • 989 Views, 144 Comments

Five Summer Nights - Devious Dazzle

  • ...
6
 144
 989

Night One : They Come In Three's

Earlier.

“Room 28, I'll be waiting.” Troy gave a deep sigh in uncertainty. The text on his phone sending off to his friend Tom Haddington.

Placing the cell on the edge of the rusted old tub, the young man felt a slight sting of guilt while soaking in the large collection of bubbles. He didn't even remember packing a bottle of bubble bath? Yet as the sweet bubblegum scent filled the room pleasantly, he wasn't one to argue about it.

Sinking deeper into the bubbles Troy let his mind wander once more. Tom was close enough by, at an out of town basketball game to pick him up. Something about a date going horribly wrong. So Troy took the chance to ask for a ride back home, if Jimmy wanted to run himself in circles with worry, he could do so alone with the rental.

But the more he thought about leaving, it caused him to feel so small. What kind of friend would leave her BFF in such a flustered state? Troy felt her large golden eyes snap open full of regret, long wet hair falling over the sides of her face colored in teal and white.

Thin brows would arch in defeat as a sigh escaped her soft lips. Her long dark lashes batting down in shame, she made a huge mistake tonight by calling Tom. One she knew would soon come back to haunt her. Giving a loud girlish groan, she sunk deep below the warm bubbles of the bath.


Why did everything go wrong tonight!? Lyra grumbled in aggravation her phone completely ruined by water, it had fallen off the side and into a puddle of filthy bathwater on the floor. She couldn't call Tom and Juniper was nowhere in sight! Pursing lips her tiny nose scrunched cutely in anger, she had a feeling where she escaped to.

“Here I am worried sick! I bet she's out partying!” Lyra blew a large raspberry in annoyance towards the motel window.

Everything for some reason felt off tonight. It wasn't the meat lovers pizza on the bed either. They were both vegetarians, so why on earth did they order out something that wouldn't be edible?

Cute tiny rose colored boots clicked across the motel floor frantically. Dainty thin teal colored fingers worriedly intertwining with her golden lyre necklace. The sense of unfamiliarity began to make the young girl uneasy. Swaying hips she walked over to the filthy motel mirror, gazing deep into her reflection confused.

Everything seemed normal. She wore her favorite pink top after her bath, honestly she was thankful to be in fresh clothes after all day in a stuffy car. Golden eyes looking down to her frilly blue skirt, hugging her legs tightly layered in a cute design.

“Why do I feel so…” Lyra suddenly noticed her lucky pink headband on the motel dresser. Giving a deep sigh she figured that was her sense of unease, gently sliding it into her hair.

Giggling she loved the large flower design on the left. Anytime she wore her awesome headband it was a great night full of laughter, trouble and maybe a few cute…

The teal girl felt the innocent haze filling her mind suddenly snap and clear out. Lyra gazing to her reflection in sudden horror. Memories of driving here with Jimmy slamming into her mind like a ton of bricks.

Screaming out in horror she clutched the layered waves of her hair tugging hard. This couldn't be happening! She had somehow turned into a young girl in the bathroom and worse yet didn't even notice!

“What the Ranma hell!” Lyra took a few steps back losing balance in her boots, tumbling down to the floor with a loud thud.


Present.

Juniper and Richard quickly darted up the stairs of the motel. The frightened sounds of a young girl echoing out into the night sky. This couldn't be happening! Juniper was used to herself changing, it happened nearly every other week. But never had it suddenly transformed people around her, why start now?

“Is your friend ok!?” Richard ran over to the door waiting for Juniper, who gave an uneasy giggle.

“Phst, she's fine! Just a bit dramatic!” Juniper forced a smile nervously across her lips, creaking the door open a tiny bit.

“I'm dying! Dying!” Lyra was sprawled on the floor helplessly, yelling out towards the ceiling in utter despair.

“Dying for a good time! Excuse me.” Juniper darted inside, slamming the door shut behind her.

“I'm freaking tiny!” Lyra lifted halfway up screaming in anxiety.

“Will you shhhh!?” Juniper placed hands on her hips angrily.

“Why aren't you freaking out!?” Lyra widened her eyes in horror.

“Because it's totally normal.” Juniper replied rolling her eyes.

“Nothing about this is normal!” Lyra slung up to her feet heaving wildly.

“I'm too short, my hair is too long, and I'm freaking blue!?” Lyra nearly screamed at the top of her lungs. Juniper slapping her friend sternly across the cheek with a pop.

“Thanks, I needed that.” Lyra rubbed her cheek softly, feeling herself calm down from a panic.

“Everything will be fine! This happens to me all the time, it wears off like in a day.” Juniper giggled flipping her pigtail sassily over her shoulder.

“Question. Why are you turning into A MY LITTLE PONY CHARACTER!?” Lyra raised her voice in anger as Juniper firmly pressed her hand over her friend's mouth.

“I don't know! But drawing attention to yourself, just invites trouble!” Juniper pouted in a stern voice.

“Mmm. Fine, but we're not done talking about this!” Lyra pushed the hand off her mouth roughly.

“Just act normal.” Juniper sighed with a headache. The door behind her opening up widely as Richard stepped inside smirking.

“Hello. Everything fine ladies?” Richard spoke with curiosity as Juniper nodded politely.

“Mm-hmm! Thank you for the concern.” Juniper gave her sweetest reply.

“You must be, Lyra?” His gaze shifted to the teal beauty in the room. Her lips formed into an annoyed frown.

“Sup.” Lyra snorted crossing arms over her chest.

“Cool, why are you blue?” Richard chuckled.

“Yes Juniper, why am I blue!?” Lyra popped her lips, voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Uhh, body paint? We've been cosplaying.” Juniper shrugged lacklusterly.

Richard smirked with interest as he accepted the answer. Juniper giving a soft sigh of relief that this night didn't get super crazy. Though it was very close, her ocean blue eyes locking on Lyra who was barely holding her anger in.

“That's just awesome! I have a few friends, who'd find that interesting.” Richard chuckled his voice sounding as if he hit the jackpot.

“Hehehe, want to meet his friends Lyra?” Juniper nervously smiled.

“Go to…” Lyra sneered mockingly.

The door of the motel room flinging open as a dead on Rainbow Dash entered the increasingly crowded room. Her dark violet eyes full of confusion and yet a bit of excitement. A cute curled smile of awe locked upon her face.

“The hell is going on?” Rainbow asked Juniper ecstatically.

Lyra groaned aloud at the sight of insanity before her. Even if she didn't know what was going on exactly, she had a good feeling that Tom had just arrived.

This night, was going to be a long one.