• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 2,154 Views, 25 Comments

You Will Still Be My Mentor Even Now Being Evil, Right? - Twilight Star



Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer are sent to Ponyville. But when Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker appear, Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer must seek the Elements of Harmony to save their mentors. Or is what they expected.

  • ...
7
 25
 2,154

It was for the elements of Harmony to work, right?

Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer and the others were already inside the forest and were on a cliff.

“Have the ponies that came to this forest managed to survive and come back?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

“No pony knows”, said Rainbow Dash frighteningly.

Rainbow Dash approached Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie slowly as if to attack, “because every pony that enters this forest ...”

“Rainbow, stop it”, asked Applejack, not liking what Rainbow Dash was doing.

“... never again come out LIVE!” shouted Rainbow Dash the last word.

Suddenly, the ground where the six ponies were broken and all fell, except Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, who were pegasus.

“Fluttershy, let’s save our friends”, said Rainbow Dash before setting for ransom.

“Oh my Celestia”, said Fluttershy before going to save her friends.

Rainbow Dash saved Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy saved Rarity. But Applejack, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle continued to fall. Applejack managed to save herself by holding a twig with her mouth. But Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle continued to fall until they were able to hold onto the great cliff that went straight to the ground. Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon saw that Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were supposed to fall at any time, “I’ll save Sunset Shimmer. You save Twilight Sparkle“, said Nightmare Moon.

Daybreaker waved and went to Twilight Sparkle. Twilight Sparkle began to fall. But she soon felt somepony had caught her with magic. She was frightened. She looked up and saw Daybreaker, “Celestia? You saved me?”

Daybreaker looked at Twilight Sparkle, “yes. I did it because you are still my student”

Sunset Shimmer was still holding on. She was about to fall, when a magic held her. Confused, she looked up and saw Nightmare Moon, “Luna?”

Nightmare Moon heard Sunset Shimmer and looked at Sunset Shimmer as she smiled. When Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker arrived on the ground, they put their students on the ground and flew away. Twilight Sparkle was confused, Daybreaker saved her? Already Sunset Shimmer was smiling, I knew Luna still cared about me.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were holding Applejack. When Applejack was put on the floor, she went to Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle, “are you guys okay? How did you get there?”

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were speechless. How they would explain? “the princesses saved us”, said Sunset Shimmer.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. Were they mentioning Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker? “Are you talking about Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker? Impossible! They are evil!”

Sunset Shimmer went to Applejack, “they aren’t evil, Applejack. Something must have happened that made them become evil”

Rainbow Dash went up to Sunset Shimmer, flying, “Are you telling us that Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker are actually the Equestria princesses? Impossible. They would never become evil. Probably just an evil force in the form of the princesses”

“Very well, ponies. Let’s continue our way to the castle“, said Twilight Sparkle, already impatient.


The road was quiet, nothing bad happened. No animal attacked them. When they passed a river, the river was shallow. When Twilight Sparkle saw the castle of the two sisters, she smiled, “the castle of the two sisters!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle cheerfully.

“We did it!” Twilight Sparkle ran, Sunset Shimmer and her friends too.

“Twilight, wait”, said Applejack.

“We’re almost there!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle cheerfully.

But Twilight Sparkle didn’t see that she was about to fall on the broken bridge, she almost lost her balance until Rainbow Dash pushed Twilight Sparkle away from the bridge, “If I didn’t push you, you would have fallen”, said Rainbow Dash.

The six mares looked at the broken bridge, “how are we going to cross now?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Dãh”, said Rainbow Dash, showing wings.

“Oh yeah”, said Pinkie Pie.

Rainbow Dash took the rope from the bridge and went to the other side of the bridge to tie. It was quiet. Rainbow Dash reached the other side as her friends crossed the bridge.

“Sunset, this was too quiet. I’m afraid Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker are up to something“, said Twilight Sparkle with apprehension.

“Twilight, stop worrying for nothing. They aren’t up to anything. You’re very nervous“, said Sunset Shimmer.


Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker looked at Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer, who had just entered the castle. Twilight Sparkle saw something that caught their attention, “the elements! We found it!”

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash picked up the five jewels of the elements and placed them on the floor, “careful, careful”, said Sunset Shimmer.

“One, two, three, four, five,” said Pinkie Pie. “There are only five”

Twilight Sparkle lay down abdomen up while staring at the elements, “the book said that the sixth element is a mystery”, recapitulated Twilight Sparkle.

“So if the five elements activate, the sixth will appear?” asked Applejack.

“I think so,” replied Twilight Sparkle. “Get away, I don’t know what will happen”

Twilight Sparkle closed her eyes as she used the magic to see if she could find a spark. Sunset Shimmer was on the left side.

“Come on, guys,” said Applejack near the castle door. “She needs to focus”

Sunset Shimmer hated to stop the concentration of Twilight Sparkle, but she wanted to help, “Twilight”

Twilight Sparkle opened her eyes. Her magic disappeared, “yes?”

“Can I help you find the spark?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

Twilight Sparkle smiled, “Of course, Sunset”

Sunset Shimmer gave a little leap of joy, before lying down on her abdomen, closing her eyes and using her magic. Twilight Sparkle closed her eyes too.

What Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer didn’t know, was that Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon were watching, “Come on, while they’re with their eyes closed”

Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker looked back and saw Twilight friends Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer on their backs. Nightmare Moon turned a blue mist and Daybreaker a fire. They went to the elements and rolled the elements. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer opened their eyes and were startled.

“The elements!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle before jumping.

“Wait for me, Twilight!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer before jumping along.

Twilight friends Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer came in and couldn’t find them, “Twilight, Sunset. Where are you guys?“ asked Applejack.

“Look!” exclaimed Rarity, staring out a window at another part of the castle, with flashing lights.

“Come on”, said Applejack before running away. The others followed Applejack.


Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle had their eyes closed while they were coughing. They opened their eyes and saw Nightmare Moon with the elements. But for a strange reason, Daybreaker wasn’t there. Nightmare Moon was laughing. Lightning flashes appered. Twilight Sparkle regained her courage and made an attacking position. Sunset Shimmer looked startled, “Twilight? What are you doing?!“ panicked Sunset Shimmer. Sunset Shimmer couldn’t believe Twilight Sparkle would attack her mentor.

“You are kidding? You’re kidding, right?“ asked Nightmare Moon, not believing what Twilight Sparkle was doing.

But, Twilight Sparkle ignored and magic left its horn. She ran to Nightmare Moon. Nightmare smiled with the courage of Twilight Sparkle, “Twilight! Please! Don’t do it!”

But Twilight Sparkle didn’t listen and kept running. When Twilight Sparkle and Nightmare Moon were almost close, Twilight Sparkle teleported. Nightmare Moon stopped and looked back, “just a spark. C’mon, c’mon”

Nightmare Moon turned into fog and went to Twilight Sparkle. Twilight Sparkle had her eyes closed. Suddenly she felt a shock and was pushed away. Sunset Shimmer went to Twilight Sparkle. Twilight Sparkle looked at the elements. The elements began to shine, “No! No!!”

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer smiled. But suddenly, the brightness disappeared. Twilight Sparkle let out a surprised sigh, “but, where’s the sixth element?!”

Nightmare Moon began to laugh as she lifted her front hooves and broke the elements. Sunset Shimmer stared sadly. While Twilight Sparkle stared in disbelief.

“Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer,” began Nightmare Moon. “Did you really think it was going to stop me and Daybreaker?”

Sunset Shimmer decided to defend with an argument, “we didn’t mean to stop you, Luna. We wanted to save you!”

“That may even be true, Sunset”, said Nightmare Moon.

Sunset Shimmer smiled, “but if you wanted to save us, why would you want to use the elements?” finished Nightmare Moon.

Sunset Shimmer’s smile dropped as she stared at the floor. Daybreaker appeared with a smile. Knowing that she and Nightmare Moon won. Twilight Sparkle couldn’t feel anything but tears in her eyes. Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker noted the sad expressions of Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle, “Look, we have a proposition for you two”, said Nightmare Moon.

Sunset Shimmer looked at Nightmare Moon, “what is your proposal?”

“You join us”, replied Nightmare Moon.

Twilight Sparkle made an angry face, “We’ll never join you two!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle.

“Why resist, Twilight? Don’t you want to stay with us?“ asked Daybreaker.

“We want to stay with our mentor princesses. Not with you!“ exclaimed Twilight Sparkle. Sunset Shimmer could only think that Twilight Sparkle was too brave to talk to the princesses, even though they was in that shape.

“Twilight, why fight? Why don’t you join in on our side?“ asked Daybreaker.

“Because we’ll never betray Equestria!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle with confidence.

Suddenly Sounds of voices were heard. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer looked back and saw their friends, “Twilight! Sunset!”

Twilight Sparkle ran to her friends. Sunset Shimmer accompanied her.

“Twilight, Sunset. Are you two okay?“ asked Applejack. “Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker hurt you two?”

“No, Applejack. Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker just tried to convince us to join alongside them,” replied Sunset Shimmer.

Rainbow Dash went to Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle, “You didn’t join them, right?”

Now who replied was Twilight Sparkle, “of course not, Rainbow Dash”

“Twilight, did you find the spark?” asked Applejack.

Twilight Sparkle stared at the floor, “no. Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker destroyed the elements of Harmony”

“They won”, said Sunset Shimmer.

“Yes, foals. We won“, said Nightmare Moon.

All mares looked at Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer couldn’t believe they failed Equestria. And especially their mentors. They have lost their mentors forever. All right, the two alicorns in front of them were them. But their mentors were evil now. What made them become evil?

“And you five ponies are accused of rebelling against the princesses of Equestria”, said Nightmare Moon, now approaching the group.

All the mares were looking in fear. Mainly Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer.

“Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy. You’re arrested for rebelling against the princesses of Equestria“, said Daybreaker.

Two Solar and Lunar Guards appeared, arrested the five mares, except Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer, and led them to the castle dungeon. Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker were the only ones in the throne room of the old castle.