• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 2,160 Views, 25 Comments

You Will Still Be My Mentor Even Now Being Evil, Right? - Twilight Star



Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer are sent to Ponyville. But when Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker appear, Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer must seek the Elements of Harmony to save their mentors. Or is what they expected.

  • ...
7
 25
 2,160

Unexpected

Meanwhile, at Canterlot Castle, Luna was in her room preparing for the Summer Sun Celebration. She didn’t know why, but a voice told her that the day of Celestia that was always admired and her night was avoided. Why should her subjects avoid her night? Her night was as beautiful as the day Celestia brought. She had to find a way to get rid of Celestia. But how? Wait. Why was she having those thoughts? What was wrong with her? Suddenly, she looked in the mirror and saw Nightmare Moon, “no! No!!”

“I returned, Luna,” said Nightmare Moon with a smile. “Ready for the eternal night?”

“No! Leave me alone!“ exclaimed Luna.

“You know deep down you feel lonely. And wants to be the center of attention. Why resist it?“ said Nightmare Moon.

Luna seemed to agree. Wait. Why should she agree? She already had Sunset Shimmer. She didn’t need other ponies to love her night, “no! I will not listen to you! You’re manipulating me!”

Nightmare Moon smiled, “I’m not manipulating you. I’m just telling you the truth. You were always lonely and Celestia was never there for you”

“It’s a lie!” cried Luna.

“You can deny it all you want. It will not change anything. You can choose to be alone forever or I can help you. It’s your choice”, said Nightmare Moon.

Luna thought, “So? What do you say, Luna?“ asked Nightmare Moon with a smile.


Celestia looked at herself in the mirror. For some reason, a voice told Celestia that she was the ruler of Equestria, and she could do whatever she wanted. Even destroy everypony who stands in your way. And it was correct. She was the ruler and ... No! Why was she having those thoughts? And why was she agreeing? What happened to her? Suddenly she felt warmth in the room. How was she feeling hot? She looked at her reflection and saw that her reflection changed, “I returned ~”

“No! You’re not real!“ exclaimed Celestia, startled.

“I’m more real than you realize. Why don’t you do what you want? You are the ruler of Equestria, after all”, said Daybreaker.

“I’ll never be a tyrant”, said Celestia.

“You will not become a tyrant. It will only do what you always wanted to do, but you never had the courage. I can help you with that“, said Daybreaker.

“You’re talking about it to take control of my body!” exclaimed Celestia.

“I’m sorry, but that’s the only way I can help you,” said Daybreaker. “Let me take control, and I will do the work for you”


“Twilight! Sunset! Come on! It’s almost time for sunrise!“ exclaimed Spike in the bedroom door where Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer stared at the moon. Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle, along with Spike, went to the city hall. They couldn’t help but feel excited to see their mentors.


Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon looked at the multitude of ponies. But there were two ponies that caught they eyes. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer.

“I see they’re here to see their princesses”, said Nightmare Moon, her eyes glazed over in Sunset Shimmer.

“It’s a pity that now they will have to get used to us like that”, said Daybreaker.

“When I open the curtains, I will. If any guard comes to me, you come”, said Nightmare Moon.

“Okay, I’ll wait”, said Daybreaker.

The curtains opened, and Nightmare Moon was walking. She looked at the crowd with a smile, “Oh, my lovely subjects, I see you’re surprised to see me, right?”

“Who are you, monster?” asked Rainbow Dash before wanted to fly to Nightmare Moon. But was stopped by Applejack, who held the Rainbow Dash’s tail with her mouth.

Nightmare Moon laughed, “What? Don’t you recognize me? "

“Oh, oh, more divination games!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie happily. “Witch of darkness. How about evil queen? No, Dark Princess ...“ Pinkie Pie tried to guess the name, but it was cut short by Applejack who put a cupcake in Pinkie Pie’s mouth.

Nightmare Moon went to Flurtteshy, “Don’t you ponies recognize your princess?” Fluttershy flinched in fear.

Nightmare Moon went to Rarity and touched Rarity’s chin with her mane, “Don’t you know who I am?”

“L-Luna?” replied Sunset Shimmer in fear.

Nightmare Moon looked at Sunset Shimmer and smiled.
“Well, well, well. At least somepony here recognizes me. But I’m afraid Luna is not my name anymore, call me Nightmare Moon.”

Sunset Shimmer stepped back. If Luna was in that shape now, it couldn’t mean a good thing. Nightmare Moon laughed at the reaction of Sunset Shimmer, “Remember this day, ponies. Because it was the last one. From today, the night will last forever!“ Nightmare Moon began to laugh as her mane swirled as lightning spurted. Sunset Shimmer could only look startled at her mentor who was now known as Nightmare Moon.

“Arrest her, she knows where Princess Celestia is!” exclaimed the prefect Mare. Three guards headed toward Nightmare Moon. But, Daybreaker appeared and used a hypnosis spell on them.

The guards stopped what they were doing. They were standing still, waiting for Daybreaker’s orders. Twilight Sparkle was frightened by what she saw. Was that Celestia? “Princess Celestia?!”

Daybreaker looked at Twilight Sparkle, “I’m not Celestia anymore. I am Daybreaker!”

Twilight Sparkle took a few steps back, she was struggling to hold back her tears. She left town hall. Sunset Shimmer followed Twilight Sparkle, “Twilight, Wait!”


Twilight Sparkle was in bed crying. Sunset Shimmer was doing everything to console Twilight Sparkle, but it wasn’t working, “why? Why would they do that? Is it something we did?”

“Twilight, calm down. We’re going to save them. Don’t worry“, reassured Sunset Shimmer.

“They will want to destroy us!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle before crying again.

“They would never do that. I know deep down they still care about us,“ said Sunset Shimmer. “Is there any book that talks about some artifact to defend Equestria from enemies?”

“I don’t know. Let’s search downstairs“, replied Twilight Sparkle.


Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker were at the Castle of the Two Sisters talking about what their plans would be like, “So, what’s our plan?”

“I will bring the everlasting night and you can do whatever you want. As long as you don’t hurt none of our subjects“, replied Nightmare Moon.

“OK. But what if Twilight and Sunset try to stop us?“ said Daybreaker.

“So, we stopped them. And then, we convinced them to join in our side,“ replied Nightmare Moon. “When they arrive here at the castle, we will offer them to join us”

Daybreaker smiled. But her smile soon fell, “what if they don’t accept it? What if they are accompanied?”

“Simple. We keep trying until they accept. I know someday, they will agree to go to our side. And if they’re accompanied, we’ll arrest them, except Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer“, explained Nightmare Moon.

Daybreaker smiled. It seemed like a good plan.


“I found something!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle.

Sunset Shimmer took her eyes from the book she held with her magic and went to Twilight Sparkle, who was now opening the book. She began to read, “There are five elements of harmony: kindness, laughter, generosity, honesty and loyalty. The sixth is a complete mystery. The last time the elements were seen was in the castle of the two sisters, located in Everfree Florest”

Sunset Shimmer hit a hull on the forehead, “Great. How are we going to find this forest?”

Twilight Sparkle took her eyes off the books, “simple. If we saw a place with several trees, it can only mean that it is the Everfree Florest”


It wasn’t long before Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer found the forest. It was out of Ponyville.

“Ready?”

“Ready”

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were about to enter when they heard familiar voices behind them.

“Twilight? Sunset Where are you going?“ asked Rainbow Dash.

“Do you plan to camp in the forest? Can I go too? Can I?!“ asked Pinkie Pie cheerfully.

“We don’t plan to camp in the forest, Pinkie”, replied Sunset Shimmer.

“We plan to go to the Castle of the Two Sisters to find the Elements of Harmony”, finished Twilight Sparkle.

“Can we go together? Can we?!“ asked Pinkie Pie all excited, going very close to Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset Shimmer planned to say yes. But Twilight Sparkle said the opposite, “No. Sorry, girls. But we’ll do it alone”

Applejack approached, “no chance, sugarcube. We will not allow one of our friends to go alone in this dangerous forest”

Twilight Sparkle was confused by Applejack calling her friend. While Sunset Shimmer just smiled at Applejack. The five mares entered the forest. Sunset Shimmer started walking. But soon stopped, when she heard Twilight Sparkle sigh. She went to Twilight Sparkle, “Come on, Twilight. Let’s follow them. We will save our mentors”

Twilight Sparkle smiled, “You’re right, Sunset. Let’s save our mentors”