• Published 20th May 2019
  • 9,064 Views, 336 Comments

The Price of Wanting - Moonriseoversunset



Sunset has had a hard life, but now its about to get a lot harder. Just what did Sunset's transformation between human and demon do to her?

  • ...
10
 336
 9,064

The Comfort despair brings

After I returned to a more conscious state, a nurse shooed Rarity and Fluttershy of the room. The nurses began to poke and prod me with various equipment. They raddled off numbers and readings that flew over my head. I studied magic, not biology. They flashed a small light in my eyes and checked the back of my head, which did little to help my headache and nauseous feeling. My mouth felt like cotton filled every inch. However, that wasn't my main concern. No, it was the people.

It felt like they covered every which of the room despite there only being five nurses and one doctor. The doctor had yet to say anything, and she only continued to write down the report from the nurses. However, I paid little mind. I couldn't stop myself from being distrustful, I didn't know them nor did I want to. They were talking too much, but they weren't telling me anything.

They were too close, and too many were there. The nurses kept nudging me. I didn't want them to touch me. I developed a wariness when it came to humans touching me. No matter what they did, it left me incredibly uncomfortable, though I didn't mind Fluttershy. I wonder why that it is.

While lost in thought, I just barely noticed everyone, except the doctor, leave. I studied her like a complex magic equation. I took in her black skin and shiny green hair and thought of what she could be on the other side of the mirror. I got the feeling that she wasn't a pony. She shined too much to be a pony.

I did know that I was unnerving her with my near constant stare. I blinked once and directed my attention to the clipboard. That seemed to break her from her tense daze. She coughed into her hand as she walked towards me. I read her name, which read Chrysalis Arnia.

"Ahem, I'm Chrysalis Arnia. I'm the one that was in charge of your operation. I've told both your friends and your principals. Overall, you've come out better than most would've. Though you'll have a long road ahead of you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I figured I would have to heal from where the wings cut through my skin and being burned off by the rainbow. But from the way she said that it seems very serious.

"I'm not a hundred percent sure if what I suspect will come true. As such, I would appreciate it if you'd allow me to perform one final test."

"Will it involve touching me?" I hope it didn't.

"Yes it will, but it will be rather rudimentary compared to other tests." She explained without really explaining.

"I-will-I supposes you could," I was very hesitant, but I was turning over a new leaf. I'd have to learn to trust others soon enough.

"Well then, can you please move your leg?"

That threw me through a loop? Why does she want me to move my leg? Anyone can do that, I mused with annoyance and moved my limb. Or I tried to. I thought of bending my knee and bring it to me. But despite all my effort, it remained motionless.

The only part of the limb that moved was where my hips met my legs. At this point, I started to panic. I tried to move my foot with just as much success as my knee. However, a hand on my shoulder broke me out of my panic-inducing thoughts. I looked at her with wide eyes. I could feel tears gathering, but what little pride I had refused to show this stranger my tears.

"Let me see something real quick. Okay?"

All I could do was nod wordlessly. I hope something salvageable. If what I was thinking was happening, I don't know how I could continue.

She placed her hands on my sides and looked at me with a questioning look. I nodded to convey I could feel her hand and understood her unspoken question. She slowly began to move her hand down, and I relished in every second of feeling beneath her fingers. My hope slowly grew, I watched with bated breath as her hands moved closer to my leg.

She touched my left leg, and I came close to having a breakdown. I could feel her fingers on the upper part of my leg. However, my tears spilled when she was halfway down my thigh. What started as her fingers putting light pressure on my leg progressively became a tingling sense sensation. It became no feeling at all by the time she reached my knee.

I hid my face from view and silent sobs wracked through my body. I couldn- wouldn't believe it. All the things that I wanted to are now impossible. The motorcycle I wanted the one I saved my bits for, gone just like that. Surfing? Gone, heck even a relaxing walk in the park or a snow-covered stroll to Mr. and Mrs. Cakes shop for coffee. Even the simplest of tasks such as getting out of my house or sleeping area would be next to impossible. My anger grew, but just as it reached the peak, it was gone.

A dark thought ran through her mind just as she was going to blame the six that stood against her. It's my fault. If I wasn't so self-centered and just stayed here instead of going back to Equestria. I was getting everything that I deserved. Though even if I deserved it, it didn't stop me from thinking that it was too cruel. My whole life ruined, finished before I got the chance to turn over that leaf. Who'd want to be friends or near someone that's crippled?

I took walking for granted, and now I won't be able to run. I'll never be independent ever again, or I'll be forever left behind to wither like ash. I don't want this, but I can't do anything about it because I deserve every bit of this numbing pain that has developed in my body, both the physical and emotional.

A soft embrace dragged me out from my self-destructive thoughts. I opened up my eyes and saw sapphire colored hair blocking my view of the room. I sniffled as I backed up and my eyes widened as I took in the familiar face of Vice Principal Luna. She had tears of pain in her eyes, but there was an underlying warmth to them as well. Confused by the affection in her eyes, I studied them intently.

I was shocked by who the warmth was to. I couldn't understand why it was directed. Luna smiled sadly at me and brought her forehead to mine and said one phrase that broke all reservations of crying all my pain out loud.

"It's okay Sunset, I understand. Cry all you need, I'll be there for you."

Dams broke after that. I hugged Luna desperately as I wailed years of suppressed pain, anger, heartache, hatred, but most of all, each loss every emotion caused. I wept for my failed relationship with all those I considered my parental figure. I cried for all those I tormented because of my uncontrollable anger. But most of all I cried, for how useless it all was.

I cried for my current position I found myself in, but this was towards the end. I could feel the edges of unconsciousness creeping in. I not sure how long I cried but, and honestly, I didn't care all that much either. I hadn't felt this ease and in control in years, which was saying something considering my lack of control of my own body. Eventually, I allowed my grip on my wakeful state to slip, and I welcomed the clouds my battered body relaxed on.


(Chrysalis POV)

I stared in wonder. The girl I thought would have to sedate was currently asleep peacefully on Luna's lap. Not only did I see the hysterical girl being calmed, but I saw Luna break that stoic mask of hers. Which was rare unless she played her late-night video game.

I couldn't help but think about her entrance when she came.

I attempted to calm Sunset down but made little headway in that regard. I was just thinking of grabbing a syringe when Luna came rushing in like a banshee from the canyons. Startled, I jumped back. A good thing considering she didn't slow her pace once inside. I watched as she called to Sunset softly but received no acknowledgment, except for a murmur not really directed at her.

Whatever Sunset voiced Luna heard and disapproved. I watched in stunned silence as the usually reserved woman hugged the young girl. This seemed to bring the awareness back to the teen before Luna spoke something only Sunset could hear. This ended in the breaking girl to wail the most heartwrenching sobs I've ever heard. My gaze softened with unshed tears as I looked at the touching scene.

I walked out of the room and looked to see Celestia leaning against the wall. Her hand covered her eyes, which lowered to look at me. I regarded her bloodshot eyes and black circles under her eyes. I sympathized with the woman, the little girl worried me as well. So young and so much potential, to have this heavy burden placed on her shoulders killed us as adults.

"Come on, I'll take you to the break room for some chamomile tea. That's where I sent the others as well. Might as well leave Luna, she'll come when she's ready to."

Celestia nodded at my suggestion, and I began to walk to the room. Before that, though we both paused a looked at the pair. One asleep on the lap of the other, while the other ran her fingers through the short flame-colored girl's hair. Celestia walked noiselessly to the door before shutting it softly. She turned and followed me to where the others were.


Sugarcube Corner

Pinkie Pie had just finished baking get well cookies. Hospitals were stingy about the sugary gifts she delivered. She had to get something small that was easily concealed. As she threw sprinkles on the frosted cookies, her phone rang. Pinkie dashed over with frosting covered hands and accepted the call without looking.

"Hey, Rarity. You will not believe what I did last night. So I went to bed like normal, then I got a twitchy left hand followed by eye shake which then finished with a spine shiver. Which obviously means that something I've been waiting for is about to happen. The only thing is that the only thing that I'm feeling really really impatient about is Sunny waking up. SothatobviouslymeansthatsheswokenupmeaningIhavetogethercookiesreadybutthanyoucalledsoisittrue?!?!?!?!ISunnyupyetisshealrightohmygoshImsorryImtalkingreallyfastagainhuhIneedtoworkonthatIllstopnowandletyouexplainwhatsgoing.ohdoyouthingshelllikethecookies?"

The line was silent before a sigh came across, "Pinkie, darling, I only got about half of what you said just now.

"Oh, I said-"

"But no matter, I'm just calling to let you know that Sunset is up. I've already let Rainbow and Applejack know about Sunset's awakening."

"Ooooh, that's great. I have get well soon super doper cookies for her, freshly made btw. None of my friends are going to get store bought cookies on my watch."

"Darling, that sweet of you. But I don't think some cookies will help in this situation."

"Huh? What do you mean? *Gaaaaaasp* Is it because she's a pony and they eat different things than we do? I didn't even think about that. Oh, what kind of friend am I? Not even knowing what my friend wants to eat."

"No, Pinkie it's not that. I just don't think Sunset will be in the mood to have cookies. I believe Sunset just found out she will be in a wheelchair for the rest of her."

"What? Why would say that?" asked Pinkie as she licked frosting off her hand.

"Well, I um, I did a very unladylike thing, and I stayed behind to listen to Dr. Chrysalis. Unfortunately, I didn't hear anything except Sunset crying once Vice Principal Luna rushed-"

"AAAAHHHHHH!!! WHAT?!? OH, No Sunny's crying. If we're not there for her, she won't believe we are her friends. Then she won't want to hang out, and she might hate us. But that won't be true, and it was just a misunderstanding, but she won't see it that way, and she'll never have friends ever! I'll be there, our new friend needs us right now. I'll bring the cookies anyway, they're her cookies to begin with. I'll get her coffee too. I know how much she likes coffee. I'll be there in as few shakes as I can drink in a day, Pinkie promise."

With that, she hung up and zoomed around the kitchen. What was once destroyed with various baking ingredients became a sparkling area. Set at the end of the table was ten bags of cookies, which were promptly stuffed in her hair while one was kept in her hand. With that, she zoomed to the front door and almost threw it off the hinges, before it was slammed shut again.

Author's Note:

Hello readers, hope you all enjoyed fireworks for those that live in America for those that don't hope you've all been good. From this point forward it will be Sunsets point of view, and if it does change I'll be sure to let you know. Hope you all enjoy the chapter, I looking forward to writing. For the pinkie fans, I hope I did you all justice. Write in the comments if you can guess why Sunset was okay with Fluttershy touching her. If you can I'll answer any questions you have for me or the book. Also changed the last name for Chrysalis.
Moonrise out.:derpytongue2: ('-')7