• Published 17th Apr 2019
  • 1,293 Views, 44 Comments

Time Heals All Wounds - Brony4Ever1992



Finale in the "Fall and Resurrection of Twilight Sparkle" trilogy.

  • ...
2
 44
 1,293

Chapter 25

Disclaimer: I don't own My Little Pony

It was a living nightmare. Starlight Glimmer had defeated the royal sisters and captured Canterlot. Upon her victory, Starlight quickly got to work. She used her magic to put the royal guard and Wonderbolts under her command. They then rounded up every pony in the city and forced them to march to the palace where Starlight would take their cutie marks away. From their hiding spot in a bunch of bushes two ponies watched in terror.

"I can't believe this is real." said Sugar Belle horrified.

"Neither can I." admitted Night Glider.

A pair of controlled royal guards could be seen in the distance.

"What are we going to do?" asked Sugar Belle worried.

"We have to escape Canterlot." answered Night Glider.

"If we don't..." began Sugar Belle.

Sugar Belle trailed off.

"We can go to Ponyville. Princess Twilight and her friends are there." said Night Glider.

The Starlight Glimmer controlled Fleetfoot landed nearby.

"Hush." whispered Sugar Belle anxious.

Fleetfoot began stalking around as if she was looking for somepony.

"Please don't find us." thought Night Glider.

Fleetfoot got closer and closer.

'We might have to fight our way out of this." whispered Night glider.

Just as they got ready to fight, Sugar Belle and Night Glider where teleported away.

"What was that?!" asked Fleetfoot alarmed.

Fleetfoot looked, but found nothing.

"Must have heard things." mused Fleetfoot.

Sugar Belle and Night Glider where saved by Moon Dancer.

"Good. You're safe." sighed Moon Dancer.

"You saved us." said Sugar Belle grateful.

"Go get Princess Twilight." said Moon Dancer.

"What about you?" asked Night Glider.

"There's no time. Just go." answered Moon Dancer.


It was a nice and quiet day in Ponyville. The blue sky was above and the sun shone brightly down. Things where relaxed and calm. Then, Sugar Belle and Night Glider arrived. The two quickly dropped the bombshell about what happened in Canterlot sending all of Ponyville into a panic. Twilight and Sunset arrived and managed to calm them down. The Mane 7 then went to the castle and began to debate.

"I cannot believe Canterlot has fallen." said Rarity sadly.

"This is awful." said Fluttershy mournful.

"We have to do something!" declared Rainbow.

"Of course we are. Starlight Glimmer must be stopped." stated Sunset.

"The entire Apple family is at the ready." stated Applejack.

"I can shoot up to Cloudsdale and try to recruit help." offered Rainbow.

"That's a good start." said Twilight.

"The more help the better." agreed Sunset.

"What about Ponyville?" asked Pinkie.

"We'll have to evacuate. To the Crystal Empire.'" answered Twilight.

"If we leave them here, they'll be sitting ducks." added Sunset.

'Ducks find that phrase offensive." whispered Fluttershy.

"We'll need to pack and find ponies willing to help move valuable items for us since we're going to be taking on Starlight." said Sunset Shimmr.

"How exactly will we do that?" asked Rarity.

"The Elements of Harmony." answered Twilight confident.

The girls seemed to perk up hearing that.

"This might be the biggest challenge we've face yet." began Twilight.

Thoughts of Sombra came to her head, so Twilight shook them out.

"With their power, we'll hopefully have enough to win." said Sunset.

"No offense, but you don't have an element." noted Rainbow.

"But, I am the former pupil of Princess Celestia so I'm not exactly a pushover." replied Sunset.

"It fine Sugarcube, we're all in this together." said Applejack.

"Totally!" declared Rainbow.

"Quiet right." said Rarity.

"Yup!" exclaimed Pinkie determined.

"Yes." said Fluttershy softly.


The group left and returned to Ponyville. By now, panic had set in and ponies where wildly running around. Twilight used her magic to freeze every pony in place. The evacuation order was given and the residents of Ponyville scattered to grab what they could. At Carousal Boutique, Rarity was helping her parents before they left.

"Okie Dokie. I think that's the last of it." said Hondo Flanks.

"Dear, are you certain that you cannot come with us?" asked Cookie Crumbles worried.

"I must bear my Element and save Equestria once more." answered Rarity.

"Just stay safe." said Cookie concerned.

"I will mother." said Rarity.

They shared a hug only for hissing to interrupt.

''Easy there." said Hondo.

Opal was not fond of the carrier she found herself in.

"Opal, I know that must be dreadful darling. But, you must bear it." said Rarity.

Rarity turned and saw Sweetie Bell approaching.

"You'll be okay, right?" asked Sweetie Bell worried.

Rarity hugged her little sister.

"Of course." answered Rarity.


At Sweet Apple Acres, the Apple family where loading the last of their things onto a cart.

"I can't believe none of our family was willin' to help." said Applejack stunned.

"You can't go blaming them. They got homes to protect too." said Granny Smith.

"Eeyup." agreed Big Mac.

Big Mac was hitched up to the cart.

"Just stay safe." said Applejack.

"You should know by know it's gonna take a lot more than this to stop me." said Granny Smith.

Applejack smiled a bit as she heard barking.

"I'm afraid y'all can't come with Winona." said Applejack.

Winoa let out a sad whimper.

"Applejack, you mean so much to me. you've raised me almost ma whole life. Please, come back." said Apple Bloom.

"It's okay sugar cube. I'll be fine." replied Applejack.


At Sugar Cube Corner, the cake family where finishing packing up. The most vial items they had where, of course, their two children Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake. However, they also agreed to help Pie Pie by taking some of her things. Luckily, they didn't need to as Maud was able to do that. A small wagon of supplies topped with a part cannon sat next to the Cake family cart.

"That's everything." said Mrs. Cake.

The Cake matriarch had her twins seated in a stroller in front of her.

"Then...I guess we should get going." said Mr. Cake somber.

"Don't worry you two, we'll fix this in a jiffy and you we'll have a big party when you come back." said Pinkie.

"Thank you Pinkie." said Mrs. Cake.

"No problem." replied Pinkie.

"Stay safe." requested Mr. Cake.

The Cake family began to leave.

"Pinkie!" cried the twins.

Pinkie Pie felt her heart ripping in two.

"I know it hurts." said Maud.

Pinkie turned to her sister.

"Thanks for taking my things." said Pinkie.

Pinkie spotted an alligator on the party cannon.

"Now Gummy, you be good for Maud." said Pinkie.

"Be safe." said Maud worried.


Meanwhile, Fluttershy was getting ready to go. She didn't have many things to take so that was not a problem. The big problem was all of her animal friends. The larger ones where going to ride it out in the Everfree Forest. Harry had agreed to look after them. Her smaller animals, such as Angel, needed to go and Zecora agreed to take them with her. Zecora was fully healed and ready as Fluttershy finished loading them.

"Now be good for Zecora and we'll see each other again real soon." said Fluttershy emotional.

Angel Bunny gave her sad looks.

"Please don't! It's hard enough already!" cried Fluttershy.

"Not worried, you should be. They shall be safe with me." said Zecora.

"Thank you." replied Fluttershy relieved.

"For what it is worth. I shall be wishing you are not hurt." added Zecora concerned.

"It'll be okay. My friends will be with me." said Fluttershy.


Meanwhile, a young, orange pegasus was walking outside her home. With her parents off in Celestia knows where, Scootaloo was again being watched by Aunt Holiday and Auntie Lofty. Scootaloo brought her cherished scooter outside taking it with her for the trek. Aunt Holiday was hitched up to the cart while Auntie Lofty was talking with Rainbow Dash. Tanks stood by her side.

"I can't thank you enough for taking Tank with you." said Rainbow.

"You've been such a good influence on our Scootaloo so we're happy to help." replied Lofty.

"And speaking of Scootaloo." said Holiday.

"Hey Squirt. Don't try and miss me too much." said Rainbow.

"Yeah." replied Scootaloo flatly.

Rainbow sighed.

"I know you're worried about me,but I'll be fine." said Rainbow.

"So, other pegasi from Cloudsdale will be helping?" asked Scootaloo hopeful.

"Not exactly." answered Rainbow softly.

"They have homes to protect too." said Holiday.

"But there homes aren't under attack!" cried Scootaloo.

"If Starlight Glimmer isn't stop, they will be." noted Lofty.

Scootaloo groaned.

"The other girls will be with me and together we're unstoppable." said Rainbow.

"Promise you'll be okay." requested Scootaloo worried.

"I Pinkie promise!" declared Rainbow.

Scootaloo smiled, feeling better.

"We need to go." stated Holiday.

Scootaloo hopped onto her scooter and began leaving with her aunts.

"See ya in a bit." said Lofty.

"Bye Rainbow dash!" called Scootaloo.


Finally, Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer stood in town. The two decided to oversee the evacuation of the town together. Twilight felt it was her duty as a princess and Sunset wanted to be with her in case Twilight needed support. They two stood outside town hall watching as ponies began their exodus.

"Remember every pony, you're headed to the Crystal Empire so dress warmly." said Sunset.

"It hurts my heart to see Ponyville evacuate." sighed Mayor Mare.

"We're truly sorry." said Twilight.

"It's not your fault. It's that Starlight Glimmer." replied Mayor Mare.

"We'll beat her and you can return soon." said Sunset.

Spike arrived carrying a bag of items, mostly comics, and had Owlicious with him.

"I still don't see why I can't come." said Spike.

"I don't want you to get hurt." said Twilight.

"I'm not a little kid." huffed Spike.

"No, but you mean a lot to me and I don't want to lose you." said Twilight.

Spike sighed and hugged Twilight.

"Just be safe." requested Spike worried.

"We will be." said Twilight.

Suddenly, a trio of pegasi arrived.

"Twilight, we want to help you." said Derpy.

"Equestria is our home and we want to defend it to." said Thunderlane.

"Yeah!" declared Bulk Biceps.

"Thank you, but you have loved ones to protect." noted Twilight.

"Dinky is with Amethyst Star, the Doctor and Carrot Top. I know she's safe." said Derpy.

"My parents are watching Rumble." revealed Thunderlane.

"And my family lives in Cloudsdale!" exclaimed Bulk.

"If you try and face down Starlight then you'll be enslaved or worse." said Twilight.

Sunset Shimmer rubbed her chin with her foreleg.

"But, there is something you can help us with." said Sunset.

The pegasi where excited.

"Thunderlane, can you fly north to the Crystal Empire?" asked Sunset.

"Yes ma'am." answered Thunderlane, saluting with his win.

"Please go there and tell Shinning Armor and Cadence what's happening. Then go to Yakyakistan and tell Prince Rutherford so the yaks can aid us." said Sunset.

"After they tried to kill him, I'm sure he'll be happy to fight." said Twilight.

"Derpy, go to Griffonstone and trying to get help. Any griffons you can. We need help." said Sunset.

"Can do!" declared Derpy.

"Bulk, head to the Dragon lands and seek help from Dragon Lord Torch.' said Sunset.

"I'm on it!" declared Bulk.


The three pegasi took off. Derpy started heading west until Bulk quickly got her on the right path. Once every pony from Ponyville left, the Mane 7 gathered in the ghost town. They couldn't help but get an eerie feeling. They headed back toward the castle and stopped at the Tree of Harmony. They goth the Elements of Harmony and set off on their mission. They reached Canterlot which now resembled a prison. Makeshift fences where thrown up and guards walked the perimeter.

"I've never seen Canterlot like this." noted Fluttershy scared.

"It's okay baby. We'll kick their asses and free Canterlot in a heartbeat." said Rainbow.

"I wonder if my parents are in there." thought Pinkie worried.

"They though of going in there is quiet the frightful one." confessed Rarity nervous.

"Don't worry sugar cube, we're here." replied Applejack.

"Not even Sombra captured Canterlot." whispered Twilight ominous.

"Are you okay?" asked Sunset concerned.

Twilight took a moment.

"Yes. I'm fine." answered Twilight.

Twilight turned to the others.

"is every pony ready?" asked Twilight.

The others answered they where.

"Then...let's go." said Twilight.

Author's Note:

A/N: That's where we'll end things for now. So, Canterlot has fallen and Ponyville has been evacuated. Honestly, the seen with the girls saying goodbye to their loved ones went on a little longer than I planned, but it's not a big deal. Also, the call for reinforcements has gone out in the form of a trio of pegasi. Next time, the battle to liberate Canterlot. Please review.