• Published 17th Apr 2019
  • 1,293 Views, 44 Comments

Time Heals All Wounds - Brony4Ever1992



Finale in the "Fall and Resurrection of Twilight Sparkle" trilogy.

  • ...
2
 44
 1,293

Chapter 22

Nightmare Night was finally here in Equestria. Ponies all across the land where glad Princess Luna kept the tradition going. Even more so now that it provided a good distraction from the Equalist threat. In Ponyville, the town was gearing up for the holiday.

"You know, this will be our first Nightmare night together." said Sunset.

"I'm so excited!" declared Twilight giddy.

"Before I was consumed by my lust for power this wad my favorite holiday." said Sunset.

Sunset blushed a bit.

"Of course I'd always hid some candy away instead of offering it." confessed Sunset.

"I used to do the same." admitted Twilight.

The two shared a giggle.

"I don't think many fillies will be coming by in the Everfree Forest." said Twilight.

"It's a no - go zone so they shouldn't be." muttered Sunset.

A devious smile came to the face of Sunset.

"You know, that means we won't be interrupted." cooed Sunset.

"We are going into town, aren't we?" asked Twilight.

"Of course." answered Sunset nonchalant.

Sunset Shimmer shook her head.

"I mean, we are alone." noted Sunset.

"Spike's here and the others will come looking for us." replied Twilight.

"I'm coming onto you." stated Sunset.

"Oops. Must have missed that." confessed Twilight.

Sunset leaned in for a kiss when the door opened.

"Hey, the others are here." noted Spike.

The baby dragon paused as Sunset let out an annoyed groan before calming down.

"Let's see what she wants." said Sunset.

They left with Twilight lagging behind.

"Can I bring myself to erase our relationship?" asked Twilight to herself.


The girls gathered together and began planning their Nightmare Night. Spike slipped into his Nightmare Night costume: a two headed dragon. Fluttershy then arrived under guise of gathering lettuce. However, it was clear she was afraid of the holiday. Spike convinced her to stay put longer and the girls decided to show her a night of fun. Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike where up front while the others where bringing up the rear through the forest.

"I'm awfully glad to see Fluttershy givin' Nightmare Night a shot." said Applejack.

"I know! Staying inside on such a fun is is crazy!" declared Pinkie.

"It's perfectly fine for Fluttershy to stay in if she wants." noted Sunset.

Pinkie opposed out of Sunset's mane.

"Of course silly!" exclaimed pinkie.

Pinkie bolted out of Sunset's mane leaving her baffled

"Oh come on!" cried Sunset.

"Y'all got fair warning." shrugged Applejack.

"It's Pinkie Pie, don't question it." added Rainbow.

Sunset grumbled. Her inner scientist desperate to know how Pinkie Pie worked.

"Don't forget, last time I tried I was chased by a hydra." said Twilight.

"I am proud of Fluttershy for givin' Nightmare Night a fair shot." said Applejack.

"Totally! After tonight, she'll never want to stay in again!" cried Rainbow excited.

"Oh you've got that right." said Sunset.

"Remember, this is Fluttershy so we better not go too far." said Twilight.

"Of course not." agreed Sunset.

"Good." yawned Twilight.

"You sleep well sugar cube?" asked Applejack concerned.

Twilight shook her head.

"I'm fine." answered Twilight.

"That didn't answer ma question." replied Applejack suspicious.

"The answer you're looking for is no." revealed Sunset Shimmer.

Twilight's face turned crimson.

"Sunset!" cried Twilight embarrassed.

"The Element of Honesty would only want the complete truth." shrugged Sunset.

"It's true." confirmed Applejack.

"I've been...busy lately." confessed Twilight.

"It's about the Equalists, ain't it." replied Applejack.

"I've been trying to pinpoint their location based on what little we know. However, it is impossible." sighed Twilight.

Twilight looked at Pinkie up ahead.

"She's gotten a lot better." said Sunset.

"Her smiles hides her pain." stated Applejack worried.

"How can you tell?" asked Rainbow confused.

"Experience." answered Applejack bluntly.

"It's not just here, there are tons of families that are missing loved ones because of Starlight." said Sunset.

"That burns my hide." said Applejack angrily.

"Not not mention discontent the marital law brought about." sighed Twilight sadly.

"It better stay there." grumbled Rainbow.

"What was that?" asked Applejack curious.

"I'm just saying the princess shouldn't extend that here." answered Rainbow.

"Not you to!" cried Twilight.

"I'm the Element of Loyalty so I won't turn my back on the princess. But, I don't want a bunch of soldiers to come to Ponyville and boss us around." explained Rainbow upset.

"What's wrong?" asked Applejack concerned.

"Scootaloo overheard her aunts talking about moving because of the Equalist thing. She's afraid they'll take her with." answered Rainbow worried.

"We won't let that happen." said Twilight.

"Thanks. I can let her crash with me. It might be fun." said Rainbow.

They arrived and saw ponies in costumes.

"A lot of really good costumes." said Sunset.

"Yeah. A pony could hide in plain sight." replied Rainbow.

"Like Starlight." whispered Twilight horrified.

"Did you say something?" asked Sunset.

"I forgot something at the castle." answered Twilight.


Twilight quickly used her magic to teleport back to the castle. Once there, she rushed into her room and locked the door. Twilight then crawled onto her bed and begged for the horrible thoughts to go away. Her exhaustion caught up as Twilight fell asleep. Her peaceful sleep ended something later and Twilight got up. She looked outside and found Ponyvile engulfed in flames. Twilight jumped out of the window and flew to town.

"Nice to see you again." cooed Starlight.

Twilight turned around and came face to face with Starlight Glimmer.

"How did..." began Twilight.

"Thanks to this sill holiday, i was able to enter Ponyville in costume and no pony suspected a thing." answered Starlight bragging.

"Well I'm going to pout a stop to you!" declared Twilight.

Starlight Glimmer let out a dark cackle.

"Aren't you wondering where your friends are?" asked Starlight.

The other ponies arrived without cutie marks and sporting a disturbing smile.

"Y'all should join us!" declared Applejack.

"Not having a cutie mark is awesome!" declared Rainbow Dash.

"It is simply wonderful darling." agreed Rarity.

"Guys! You have to snap out of this!" cried Twilight.

"But we have so many friends." said Fluttershy.

Twilight turned her attention back to Starlight.

"Free them now!" demanded Twilight.

"It's not my fault they've joined me." shrugged Starlight.

"That's right. You couldn't stop her. All of our friends and families where being recruited and you couldn't stop it." said Pinkie.

Twilight felt her heart breaking as Sunset Shimmer approached.

"No." said Twilight devastated.

"It's all over. Don't fight it. Join us." said Sunset.


Twilight shot up and frantically looked around. She found herself in her bed in the Castle of Friendship. Twilight jumped up and looked out the window to find Ponyville totally okay. Realizing it was only a nightmare, Twilight kicked herself for letting it get to her then put on her costume. She then used her magic to teleport back to town. There, she quickly met up with all of her friends now in their costumes. They then made their way to the Apple family haunted corn maze.

"Keep it together. Everything is okay." said twilight to herself.

Sunset Shimmer, dressed as Clover the Clever, walked over to her.

"Are you okay?" asked Sunset.

"Fine." answered Twilight, not convincing.

Twilight suddenly heard the laughter of Starlight Glimmer echoing around her.

"Did you hear that?" asked Twilight worried.

"Yeah. It is strange." answered Sunset.

Twilight began shaking as loud moaning continued.

"Applejack, I don't like this." said Sunset, trying to be brave.

"Ain't nothing to be scared of." replied Applejack, puzzled herself.

Suddenly, a pair of glowing ghosts popped out. The girls ran off and didn't stop until they reached a tunnel.

"Which way are we supposed to go now?" asked Sunset.

Twilight hear the voice of Starlight call out to her.

"Uh, I don't know! I don't know what's going on!" answered Applejack worried.

Twilight felt her heart skip a beat.

"What do you mean? Didn't you help plan this?" asked Rainbow.

Twilight heard the voice of Starlight getting louder and louder.

The girls heard squeaking

"There's Granny Smith. Not that I was scared." said Applejack, lying.

Starlight sounded like was right near them.

"I'm a pretty good actress when I wanna be." said Applejack.

As Applejack approached Granny Smith, Twilight saw eyes looking at her from the the then touched "Granny Smith" whose head fell off.

"Starlight killed Granny Smith!" screamed Twilight in horror.

Twilight ran off with Sunset behind her.

"Wait!" cried Sunset.

Twilight ran aimlessly through the maze seeing Starlight Glimmer at ever turn.

"I can't escape!" cried Twilight.

Twilight then heard hooves chasing her.

"She's coming for me!" thought Twilight in terror.

Twilight became so frazzled she didn't notice a rock on the ground and tripped over it.

"She's booby trapped it." thought Twilight horrified.

Twilight scrambled down a left handed path, but found a dead end.

"Oh no." whispered Twilight.

Twilight turned around and found Starlight Glimmer walking up to her.

"I finally caught you." said Starlight coldly.

"Stay back!" cried Twilight.

"What's wrong?" asked Starlight sarcastic.

"I'm warning you!" cried Twilight.

"I'll take care of everything." cooed Starlight.

Twilight fired a blast of magic that hit Starlight and knocked her back. Twilight was relieved, until Starlight became Sunset Shimmer.

"Sunset!" exclaimed Twilight in terror.

Twilight raced over to Sunset who got back up.

"Damn. You pack a punch." said Sunset.

"I'm so sorry." began Twilight, "I thought you where..."

"Starlight Glimmer?" asked Sunset.

Twilight hung her head.

"I kinda figured." noted Sunset, pained.

Twilight winced in guilt.

"I'm fine. Really." said Sunset.

twilight hung her head.

"Now, tell me what's going on." requested Sunset.

Twilight explained starting with Rainbow's comment about any pony could be here under disguise to her nightmare to now.

"Oh twilight." said Sunset,.

Sunset hugged her marefriend.

"This is exactly what happened when I fell under Sombra's control." noted Twilight pained.

"Nothing like that will ever happen again." said Sunset.

"You promise?" asked Twilight uneasy.

"I promise." answered Sunset.

The two shared a kiss.

"Let's find the others." suggested Sunset.

The two began walking together and Twilight felt safe. Once the found their friends, Fluttershy explained how this had been her plan to prank the girls in the spirit of the holiday.

"I'm so sorry you freaked out! I never meant for that to happen!" cried Fluttershy guilty.

"It's not your fault Fluttershy." replied Twilight.

"I think we're gonna call it a night. See you girls tomorrow." said Sunset.

Author's Note:

A/N: That's where we'll end things for now. So, it seems Starlight Glimmer has really gotten to Twilight and that's bringing back bad memories. Next time, final preparation are made while Starlight makes her move. Please review.